PDA

View Full Version : Jane Harman's New Propaganda Machine, Newsweek?

crin63
08-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Jane Harman's (D- California) husband bought Newsweek for $1. I guess the left needs to keep its hold on the media to propagate it's lies.

BS Top - Lauria Newsweek Sidney Harman. Credit: Newscom Ninety-one-year-old audio tycoon Sidney Harman's purchase of Newsweek yesterday was greeted with internal cheers. But a look inside the magazine's financial records, leaked to The Daily Beast, reveals its new crisis.

Yesterday's purchase of a 77-year-old magazine, Newsweek, by a 91-year-old audio magnate, Sidney Harman, had all the makings of a feel-good story, even as editor Jon Meacham announced his departure. A legendary media franchise rescued from an uncertain future by someone who regards Newsweek as a “national treasure,” and commits himself to the highest quality, Harman the idealist also has credibility as a brilliant innovator and businessman of stature. Though he has made his fortune in audio, he loves print. He is the author of two books and said writing “enables the process of self-discovery.” He will take over with a staff overjoyed by his commitment and his manners.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-08-03/newsweek-losses-revealed

glockmail
08-03-2010, 10:33 AM
It sold for one dollar? :laugh:

revelarts
08-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Jane Harman is another openly corrupt politician.
She's been caught (via possibly illegal NSA wiretaps) making deals with Israeli spies to "lobby the Justice Department to reduce espionage-related charges against two former officials of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC)" and in exchange she would get Israeli support for the Intelligence committee's Chairmanship seat.

http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docid=hsnews-000003098436

Newsweek another MSM gov't corporate status quo mouthpiece to the highest bidder.

Gaffer
08-03-2010, 02:52 PM
I got a dollar, how come I couldn't buy it. I didn't even know it was for sale. Oh and the editor that lead it down the tubes just resigned, imagine that. It's part of the government media so their not letting any conservative get control of it.

glockmail
08-05-2010, 07:42 AM
I got a dollar, how come I couldn't buy it. I didn't even know it was for sale. Oh and the editor that lead it down the tubes just resigned, imagine that. It's part of the government media so their not letting any conservative get control of it.He had to sign onto the debt, probably. The real cost is probably in the millions.