PDA

View Full Version : Getting a new roof today

krisy
08-03-2010, 11:45 AM
We are getting a new roof today. They started at about 7 this morning. I got home from work a little while ago and it looks good. Only problem is that every single worker is a Mexican that doesn't speak English!!!! When I tried to ask some questions they looked at me like I had two heads. Frustrating! I said " forget it,i'll call Dan",he is the supervisor.

They are doing a good job cleaning up.they were going threw my bushes picking every scrap up. Wish the hubby were here tho,I don't know how to look for flaws on the roof. The boss is supposed to come later tho.

Mr. P
08-03-2010, 12:03 PM
We are getting a new roof today. They started at about 7 this morning. I got home from work a little while ago and it looks good. Only problem is that every single worker is a Mexican that doesn't speak English!!!! When I tried to ask some questions they looked at me like I had two heads. Frustrating! I said " forget it,i'll call Dan",he is the supervisor.

They are doing a good job cleaning up.they were going threw my bushes picking every scrap up. Wish the hubby were here tho,I don't know how to look for flaws on the roof. The boss is supposed to come later tho.

Will they be cleaning with a magnet also? It's a good idea it picks up all those nails that WILL find their way into yer tires.

Sweetchuck
08-03-2010, 09:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVjFGOUPzF8

krisy
08-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Will they be cleaning with a magnet also? It's a good idea it picks up all those nails that WILL find their way into yer tires.

The boss came after they were done and went around the yard looking for nails. They have a little green plastic piece on them. He found a couple,and said he didn't want the kids or dogs stepping on them of course. They didn't use a magnet tho....that would make sense.

Roof turned out great,but I was annoyed a bit that no one on the job could speak a darn word of English so that I could ask a couple of questions while they were still here.

Gaffer
08-04-2010, 04:40 PM
All those illegals there doing a job Americans won't do, for $4 an hour.

A few probably spoke some English but didn't want to be bothered with answering question so just played ignorant.

krisy
08-04-2010, 08:35 PM
All those illegals there doing a job Americans won't do, for $4 an hour.

A few probably spoke some English but didn't want to be bothered with answering question so just played ignorant.

Haha Thats what mom said,that some pretend to not speak it...oh well,as long as the boss could. He is an American:salute:

namvet
08-05-2010, 08:30 PM
I had mine replace last April from Hail damage. its a 30 yr CertainTeed. but only half of it was damaged. first time ive had half a roof replaced. they did a good job. the Mex foreman did speak english.