PDA

View Full Version : More Pete Stark: Refusing to hire illegals might be unconstitutional

red states rule
08-03-2010, 07:20 PM
How does this idiot keep getting elected?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B-uP7LDteLw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B-uP7LDteLw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Palin Rider
08-03-2010, 08:17 PM
How does this idiot keep getting elected?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B-uP7LDteLw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B-uP7LDteLw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Does E-verify randomly check records of people who are working or applying for jobs?

Do you even know?

red states rule
08-04-2010, 04:24 AM
Does E-verify randomly check records of people who are working or applying for jobs?

Do you even know?

Yes I know

I also know libs defend illegals for being here, they demand that companies do not hire them - and yet Dems pulled a E-Verify requirement for companies from their "stimulus" bill

Dems want as many illegals here as possible so they can suck up the liberal provided handouts and vote for libs in our elections

Palin Rider
08-04-2010, 03:06 PM
If you know whether E-verify is random, spit out the answer. I'm not interested in the rest of your trolling.

Nukeman
08-04-2010, 05:20 PM
If you know whether E-verify is random, spit out the answer. I'm not interested in the rest of your trolling.

Why the hell would it need to be "random". It really is quite simple. EVERY NEW hire has to submit the proper forms. All the company in question has to do is follow the rules by submitting on line the information..

Here yaa go "I'm too lazy to do a google search"

How does the E-Verify System work?
To start, the employer and newly-hired employee complete Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Then the employer submits the Form I-9 information to E-Verify over the Internet, no later than three business days after the new-hire's start date.

To validate the new-hire's employment eligibility, the E-Verify System electronically compares the Form I-9 information submitted by the employee, to that stored in databases maintained by the SSA and DHS.

http://employeeissues.com/e-verify.htm

gabosaurus
08-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Companies can hire whoever they want. That is why need to screen applicants. Any company that knowingly and willingly hires illegal aliens needs to be shut down and the owners sent to jail.
There are a lot of people calling for tougher sanctions against illegals. But where is the call for tougher sanctions against businesses that hire illegals?

CSM
08-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Companies can hire whoever they want. That is why need to screen applicants. Any company that knowingly and willingly hires illegal aliens needs to be shut down and the owners sent to jail.
There are a lot of people calling for tougher sanctions against illegals. But where is the call for tougher sanctions against businesses that hire illegals?

Agreed.

Added to that, any school that allows illegal aliens to attend should be shut down and the administration jailed; any hospital refusing to report illegals (treat them first of course!) should be shut down and the perps put in jail too. Any person aiding the illegals' entry into this country should be prosecuted and jailed. Any city offering sanctuary to illegals should lose any and all federal funding and their municipal leaders jailed. If that happened, the illegals would get the idea and no sanctions would be necessary against illegals.

Palin Rider
08-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Why the hell would it need to be "random".
It doesn't. But IF it were, someone could plausibly argue that it's an "unreasonable search," and therefore unconstitutional. Which was the only point that Stark was making about constitutionality.

It really is quite simple. EVERY NEW hire has to submit the proper forms. All the company in question has to do is follow the rules by submitting on line the information..

Here yaa go "I'm too lazy to do a google search"

So E-verify appears to be constitutionally kosher. Good.

red states rule
08-05-2010, 04:25 AM

and yet Dems make the job of screening applicants much harder

An immigration reform organization is appalled that the Senate-House Conference Committee failed to include two important amendments in the House-approved "stimulus" package. Those two measures would have ensured that illegal immigrants will not be able to benefit from the bill.

On January 28, when the U.S. House passed its version of the economic stimulus package known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, it included two important safeguards. One was an amendment that would reauthorize the E-Verify program for four years, while the other would require all companies receiving stimulus funds to verify that their employees are legally authorized to work in the United States.

However, following the Senate's passage of its own version, the Senate-House Conference Committee eliminated those safeguards from the final version of the bill. Ira Mehlman, a spokesman for the Federation for American Immigration Reform, explains the actions of two Democratic leaders on Capitol Hill.

"Speaker [Nancy] Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader [Harry] Reid came into the room and basically pulled the plug on the E-Verify provisions that were in the House bill," he notes. "Nancy Pelosi, who was there representing the House in the version that was passed by the House, basically told the conferees that it's coming out, no questions asked."

Mehlman says the omission of the E-Verify provisions is a major disappointment to millions of Americans, especially those who are out of work.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Default.aspx?id=418840

red states rule
08-05-2010, 04:26 AM
It doesn't. But IF it were, someone could plausibly argue that it's an "unreasonable search," and therefore unconstitutional. Which was the only point that Stark was making about constitutionality.

So E-verify appears to be constitutionally kosher. Good.

Dems do not want to stop illeglas from getting into the country. They welcome them as the next big untapped voting block

Palin Rider
08-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Dems do not want to stop illeglas from getting into the country. They welcome them as the next big untapped voting block

That would be a neat trick, considering that by definition illegals are not citizens and are barred from voting.

Gaffer
08-05-2010, 03:27 PM
That would be a neat trick, considering that by definition illegals are not citizens and are barred from voting.

When has that ever stopped the libs before? There are 20 million votes out there and the dark lord wants every one.

Palin Rider
08-05-2010, 03:31 PM
When has that ever stopped the libs before? There are 20 million votes out there and the dark lord wants every one.

Those shadowy libs, orcs, and goblins can do anything under their dark lord, can't they? :cuckoo:

Gaffer
08-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Those shadowy libs, orcs, and goblins can do anything under their dark lord, can't they? :cuckoo:

Actually, they can. At least, the libs try to do anything. They'll register illegals, dead people and create all sorts of fantasy characters to fill the voting registrars. watch for the fraud in Nov. But don't watch the MSM cause they won't report it.

Palin Rider
08-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Actually, they can. At least, the libs try to do anything. They'll register illegals, dead people and create all sorts of fantasy characters to fill the voting registrars. watch for the fraud in Nov. But don't watch the MSM cause they won't report it.

I'll stick to what people can prove, thank you.

Gaffer
08-05-2010, 05:32 PM
I'll stick to what people can prove, thank you.

Don't worry, the doj and the media will work hard to be sure you are not informed of what's really going on. I think if the proof were handed to you you would glibly deny it.

Palin Rider
08-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Don't worry, the doj and the media will work hard to be sure you are not informed of what's really going on. I think if the proof were handed to you you would glibly deny it.

I'd probably deny what you'd call "proof," sure.

red states rule
08-05-2010, 06:10 PM

What do think Motor Voter is all about and why libs demand illegals get a drivers license?

When they get a drivers license, they are registered to vote

and check this out. It is scary how right I am all the time

City pleads: Let illegals vote in elections!
'We want to make sure all immigrants here have a say'

Posted: May 27, 2010
1:00 am Eastern

By Chelsea Schilling
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

San Francisco Board of Supervisors President David Chiu

The San Francisco Board of Supervisors is seeking to grant illegal aliens the right to vote in school-board elections if the illegals' children attend taxpayer-funded schools.

San Francisco Board of Supervisors President David Chiu introduced proposed charter amendment 100635 on May 18. The amendment may be added to the Nov. 2 ballot if at least six supervisors vote for the legislation.

"One out of three parents of the kids in our public-school system is an immigrant," Chiu told CBS. "We want to make sure that they have an opportunity to have a say."

When a reporter asked Chiu whether it would concern him if illegal aliens vote, he responded, "What we don't want to do is turn our elections department into INS agents. That was an administrative situation that we wanted to avoid. Again, what we wanted to do is empower all parents and give them a voice in their kids' education."

"Even the ones that are here without documents?" the reporter inquired.

"We want to make sure all immigrants here have a say," Chiu replied.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=158773

Gaffer
08-05-2010, 08:03 PM
I'd probably deny what you'd call "proof," sure.

That's exactly what I mean.

Palin Rider
08-05-2010, 09:49 PM
That's exactly what I mean.

Don't take it personally. Any other person with at least a rudimentary understanding of logic would deny it as well.

08-05-2010, 10:47 PM
This guy is seriously screwed up. It's unconstitutional not to hire illegals? Who the heck says I have to hire anyone? What if I want to work for myself with no employees?

I mean how the heck can the choices of individuals be unconstitutional???

And then of course the law says if we hire the illegals the Federal Government can fine us. So he is saying its unconstitutional not to pay fines to the Federal Government?

Ludicrous. This guy is insane.

Palin Rider
08-05-2010, 11:04 PM
This guy is seriously screwed up. It's unconstitutional not to hire illegals? Who the heck says I have to hire anyone? What if I want to work for myself with no employees?

And then of course the law says if we hire the illegals the Federal Government can fine us. So he is saying its unconstitutional not to pay fines to the Federal Government?

If you watch the video and read the earlier posts, you'll see he didn't say anything even close. The OP got extremely "creative" with the headline, for some reason.

red states rule
08-06-2010, 04:04 AM
If you watch the video and read the earlier posts, you'll see he didn't say anything even close. The OP got extremely "creative" with the headline, for some reason.

Did Virgil's son sign up on this board? PR posts just like him :laugh:

red states rule
08-06-2010, 04:05 AM

As I proved in post #18, liberals are desperate for new voters. It is all about keeping their power. The ends justify the means