PDA

View Full Version : Port of San Diego

Palin Rider
08-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Took this pic of my cruise ship from the deck of the Midway, a few summers ago.

Not sure why I like this photo, but I do.

namvet
08-05-2010, 05:24 PM
I went to boot there in 66. then back in 68 for training. at this time Diego was the cleanest city out there. LA was chocked in smog and Frisco just plain dirty.

Palin Rider
08-06-2010, 05:07 PM
I went to boot there in 66. then back in 68 for training. at this time Diego was the cleanest city out there. LA was chocked in smog and Frisco just plain dirty.

You can see a little smog on the horizon in that photo, but the air has been pretty decent every time I've been to SD. As for LA, I got pretty sick and tired of the area after spending 4 years in college around there. SF has improved a lot since the late 60s, but not as much as it could have.

If you want to see a nice coastal town that isn't in the middle of nowhere, try Monterey or Santa Cruz. Both are clean and safe, although they draw big weekend crowds.

namvet
08-06-2010, 05:54 PM
You can see a little smog on the horizon in that photo, but the air has been pretty decent every time I've been to SD. As for LA, I got pretty sick and tired of the area after spending 4 years in college around there. SF has improved a lot since the late 60s, but not as much as it could have.

If you want to see a nice coastal town that isn't in the middle of nowhere, try Monterey or Santa Cruz. Both are clean and safe, although they draw big weekend crowds.

first time i flew to LA it looked like a big gray cloud hanging over it. with buiding tops sticking thru the cloud. i mentioned to the guy sitting next to me and he busted out laffin !!!

in 68 I drove from Diego to Frisco. while going thru LA my eyes burned and watered. broke the speed limit gettin' thru there.

seems they had a big concert in Monterey. sex drugs and rock N roll

ErrgTVQvzpM

Little-Acorn
08-06-2010, 07:20 PM
I went to boot there in 66. then back in 68 for training. at this time Diego was the cleanest city out there.

Still is. :thumb:

namvet
08-06-2010, 07:24 PM

and great people for being a sailor town

actsnoblemartin
08-10-2010, 09:22 PM
ill second that

:salute: