PDA

View Full Version : another apology ???

namvet
08-04-2010, 06:51 PM
another bow wow imminent??? Osama has plans to send a delegation to Hiroshima to observe the 65th anniversary dropping of the A bomb. is this a "said" or "un said " apology?? or an attempt to re writing history.

Son of Pilot Who Dropped A-Bomb Opposes Plan to Send U.S. Delegation to Hiroshima Ceremony

EXCLUSIVE: The son of the U.S. Air Force pilot who dropped the first atomic bomb in the history of warfare says the Obama administration's decision to send a U.S. delegation to a ceremony in Japan to mark the 65th anniversary of the attack on Hiroshima is an "unsaid apology" and appears to be an attempt to "rewrite history."

James Tibbets, son of Brig. Gen. Paul W. Tibbets, Jr., says Friday's visit to Hiroshima by U.S. Ambassador John Roos is an act of contrition that his late father would never have approved.

source (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/04/tibbets-son-disapproves-plan-send-delegation-hiroshima-ceremony/)

http://www.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/Politics/tibbets640_397x224.jpg

the 509th bomb wing is just down the road from me at whiteman AFB

KarlMarx
08-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Dropping the bomb on Japan was, unfortunately, the only real choice we had. The Japanese were not going to surrender. We were getting ready to launch an invasion of the Japanese Islands that would have made the D-Day invasion seem small by comparison. Our military leaders were bracing for 250,000 to 500,000 allied casualties. To add to that, the USSR declared war on Japan a few days before. The Red Army had already "liberated" a few of the northern islands (which remained under the Soviet thumb for decades). If we had not dropped the bomb, we would now be talking about North and South Japan, just as we now talk about North and South Korea. That is, with the North being communist and the south being free.

Not to mention that it was necessary for us to drop the bomb on Japan *twice* before they finally got the hint that surrendering was in their best interests.<O:p</O:p
<O:p
Oh, and did I mention that Hirohito, who was guilty of war crimes, got off scot free? Did the Japanese ever apologize for Nanking, the Bataan Death March, the enslavement of millions of people under the Japanese sphere of influence??????<O:p</O:p
No, I didn't think so.<O:p</O:p

Sweetchuck
08-04-2010, 07:56 PM
This is a sort of proof that ultra liberals like BO have so much disdain for our country, they will side with everything un-American regardless of historical fact and substance.

Did Japan ever apologize for Pearl Harbor?

namvet
08-04-2010, 08:04 PM
This is a sort of proof that ultra liberals like BO have so much disdain for our country, they will side with everything un-American regardless of historical fact and substance.

Did Japan ever apologize for Pearl Harbor?

no. the liberals claim its a non issue. not enough dead burned bodies.

namvet
08-04-2010, 08:09 PM
if that son of a bitch makes an apology he'll be up to his ass in angry vets.

Sweetchuck
08-04-2010, 08:12 PM
if that son of a bitch makes an apology he'll be up to his ass in angry vets.

... who didn't vote for him anyway, so why should he give a shit?

Not arguing against your statement, just trying to rationalize the twisted thought process of liberals.

namvet
08-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Dropping the bomb on Japan was, unfortunately, the only real choice we had. The Japanese were not going to surrender. We were getting ready to launch an invasion of the Japanese Islands that would have made the D-Day invasion seem small by comparison. Our military leaders were bracing for 250,000 to 500,000 allied casualties. To add to that, the USSR declared war on Japan a few days before. The Red Army had already "liberated" a few of the northern islands (which remained under the Soviet thumb for decades). If we had not dropped the bomb, we would now be talking about North and South Japan, just as we now talk about North and South Korea. That is, with the North being communist and the south being free.

Not to mention that it was necessary for us to drop the bomb on Japan *twice* before they finally got the hint that surrendering was in their best interests.<O:p</O:p
Oh, and did I mention that Hirohito, who was guilty of war crimes, got off scot free? Did the Japanese ever apologize for Nanking, the Bataan Death March, the enslavement of millions of people under the Japanese sphere of influence??????<O:p</O:p
No, I didn't think so.<O:p</O:p

actually the est of US dead was a million. ests were always wrong. we could have been looking at over 3 mil dead.

and if truman does not drop em he's impeached.

namvet
08-04-2010, 08:15 PM
... who didn't vote for him anyway, so why should he give a shit?

Not arguing against your statement, just trying to rationalize the twisted thought process of liberals.

just trying to rationalize the twisted thought process of liberals

man do you have your work cut out for ya !!!

KarlMarx
08-04-2010, 08:27 PM
actually the est of US dead was a million. ests were always wrong. we could have been looking at over 3 mil dead.

and if truman does not drop em he's impeached.

OK, I was being conservative.. if we had invaded Japan, we would have been committing genocide because the Japs were preparing for an all out land war against us, including old men, kids, and women. The actual number probably would have topped 5-10 million dead or more, including our own military......

Trivia... before the invasion of Japan, the Defense Department, anticipating a large number of casualties had a very large number of purple hearts made.... after the bomb was dropped, there was little need for them, so they were used to award veterans of following wars.... they lasted until, I believe, the first Gulf War, almost 50 years later.

namvet
08-04-2010, 08:33 PM
OK, I was being conservative.. if we had invaded Japan, we would have been committing genocide because the Japs were preparing for an all out land war against us, including old men, kids, and women. The actual number probably would have topped 5-10 million dead or more, including our own military......

Trivia... before the invasion of Japan, the Defense Department, anticipating a large number of casualties had a very large number of purple hearts made.... after the bomb was dropped, there was little need for them, so they were used to award veterans of following wars.... they lasted until, I believe, the first Gulf War, almost 50 years later.

that's interesting trivia. thanks for posting...........