PDA

View Full Version : New Custom Style

jimnyc
08-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I had a custom style designed specifically for our site. Hopefully you will all like it. I had them make the colors red/white/blue but not too bright, a patriotic theme, different from other political boards, and status icons that are easy to differentiate between.

Please let me know if you see any issues/errors. Also, if anything is missing, as some modifications and plugins are style specific.

Or if you want to tell me how much you hate it - feel free. :)

Mr. P
08-05-2010, 03:27 PM
I'll use it for a bit. The first thing I see is the text "You last visited:" blends into the eagle and is unreadable (for me).

crin63
08-05-2010, 03:29 PM
I like it and it doesn't mess with my head.

darin
08-05-2010, 03:36 PM
it's perfect...almost.

The outline (stroke) on the yellow text to the upper left shouldn't be white. Should be blue or black.

:)
:2up::2up::2up::beer:

Mr. P
08-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Slow to load..fix that sig line separator.

jimnyc
08-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Slow to load..fix that sig line separator.

I darkened the separator.

The other thing doesn't blend in with the Eagle on mine, can you refresh and see if it fixes itself?

jimnyc
08-05-2010, 03:40 PM
it's perfect...almost.

The outline (stroke) on the yellow text to the upper left shouldn't be white. Should be blue or black.

:)
:2up::2up::2up::beer:

Which outline? Can you give me a screenshot?

darin
08-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Yellow 'Debate Policy" text at the upper left...on the banner. It's stroked w/ white. see if we can get it navy blue. :)

Mr. P
08-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I darkened the separator.

The other thing doesn't blend in with the Eagle on mine, can you refresh and see if it fixes itself?

It's white on white on my puter..blends pretty well.

jimnyc
08-05-2010, 03:55 PM
I'll use it for a bit. The first thing I see is the text "You last visited:" blends into the eagle and is unreadable (for me).

It's white on white on my puter..blends pretty well.

Is the text blocked by something, or just difficult to read because it is white?

darin
08-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Jim - the white font blends w/ the clouds. Change this text:

"You last visited: Today at 01:10 PM : You Have 20 Unread Posts"

to black and you'll be set.

namvet
08-05-2010, 04:52 PM
I had a custom style designed specifically for our site. Hopefully you will all like it. I had them make the colors red/white/blue but not too bright, a patriotic theme, different from other political boards, and status icons that are easy to differentiate between.

Please let me know if you see any issues/errors. Also, if anything is missing, as some modifications and plugins are style specific.

Or if you want to tell me how much you hate it - feel free. :)

really looks cool. take a raise outta petty cash pal :laugh:

Gaffer
08-05-2010, 05:01 PM
I like it.

Kathianne
08-05-2010, 05:20 PM
When I go to 'today's posts' I have yellow or red bubbles of a sort. Seems the red ones, where I've participated have that little yellow thing in the bubble, to indicate my own participation. However they also have a lock on them-though the thread is not closed.

The yellow bubbles. have the little yellow thing, (arrow?) to indicate participation, but not the lock.

I'm unsure what a locked thread might look like.

revelarts
08-05-2010, 05:25 PM
header looks great on my mac!
:thumb:

really digging the eagle and clouds

jimnyc
08-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Yellow 'Debate Policy" text at the upper left...on the banner. It's stroked w/ white. see if we can get it navy blue. :)

Asked developer to change it, might not be until tomorrow though.

Jim - the white font blends w/ the clouds. Change this text:

"You last visited: Today at 01:10 PM : You Have 20 Unread Posts"

to black and you'll be set.

Spent about an hour trying to figure out how to change this. It's easy to change the majority of it, but vB uses "hooks" and other things, and when I changed the color I had issues. I have a message in to the guy who created that add-on and asked him how best to change that entire line to black.

When I go to 'today's posts' I have yellow or red bubbles of a sort. Seems the red ones, where I've participated have that little yellow thing in the bubble, to indicate my own participation. However they also have a lock on them-though the thread is not closed.

The yellow bubbles. have the little yellow thing, (arrow?) to indicate participation, but not the lock.

I'm unsure what a locked thread might look like.

Yellow - With envelope open it's new, closed envelope means old

Red - means the thread is "hot" (The lock shouldn't be there and I will ask developer to fix that image. The envelope with the red remains the same otherwise, closed for nothing new and open for new posts.

A locked thread should be a yellow envelope with a lock on it (the lock that you see with the red, but we know that one is wrong. Look at a few of the posts you know are locked in the cage for comparison.

It'll all be sorted..

Kathianne
08-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Asked developer to change it, might not be until tomorrow though.

Spent about an hour trying to figure out how to change this. It's easy to change the majority of it, but vB uses "hooks" and other things, and when I changed the color I had issues. I have a message in to the guy who created that add-on and asked him how best to change that entire line to black.

Yellow - With envelope open it's new, closed envelope means old

Red - means the thread is "hot" (The lock shouldn't be there and I will ask developer to fix that image. The envelope with the red remains the same otherwise, closed for nothing new and open for new posts.

A locked thread should be a yellow envelope with a lock on it (the lock that you see with the red, but we know that one is wrong. Look at a few of the posts you know are locked in the cage for comparison.

It'll all be sorted..

Jim the site looks great and I've got black letters at top like dmp was saying. I just wanted you to know about the locks, I only noticed it in 'today's posts', which I check after reading what I want from new posts.

Kathianne
08-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Jim the site looks great and I've got black letters at top like dmp was saying. I just wanted you to know about the locks, I only noticed it in 'today's posts', which I check after reading what I want from new posts.

Arrrggg, it went back to white letters! Ah the marvels of technology. Do all that work and it goes back to default. ;)

jimnyc
08-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Arrrggg, it went back to white letters! Ah the marvels of technology. Do all that work and it goes back to default. ;)

About 90% of it was black, and it caused issues with a few other features when I kept editing it, so I changed it back to default for now which is white. You were probably typing around the time I changed it back.

Abbey Marie
08-09-2010, 12:27 PM

It'll all be sorted..

I know you are working on it, so just as an fyi, I see some locks here. I noticed that you said you locked some threads in this forum, but this thread has a red envelope with a lock next to it, not yellow. Also, at the bottom of the thread it says "Closed Thread", and there is no reply button. I was only able to reply now by choosing reply with quote.

jimnyc
08-09-2010, 12:32 PM
I know you are working on it, so just as an fyi, the locks are still there. In fact, this thread has a red envelope with a lock next to it. Also, at the bottom of the thread it says "Closed Thread", and there is no reply button. I was only able to reply now by choosing reply with quote.

This thread is closed, staff are always able to still reply in closed threads. I locked all the threads about the styling and left it all in one called "style complete".

Abbey Marie
08-09-2010, 12:43 PM
This thread is closed, staff are always able to still reply in closed threads. I locked all the threads about the styling and left it all in one called "style complete".

Shouldn't the icon for a locked thread have a yellow envelope? I thought you said that above.

jimnyc
08-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Shouldn't the icon for a locked thread have a yellow envelope? I thought you said that above.

Maybe I misspoke...

A thread will either be yellow or red, depending on whether it's listed as hot. It will be an open envelope if there are new replies, closed if none. I believe the color of the envelope at the time of the thread being locked remains.

jimnyc
08-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Here's a "legend", but it doesn't appear on every page:

http://i35.tinypic.com/x2l2mg.jpg

Abbey Marie
08-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Here's a "legend", but it doesn't appear on every page:

http://i35.tinypic.com/x2l2mg.jpg

Thanks!