PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck & Wall Street Journal make our Tax Cut Rally national news...

KitchenKitten99
05-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Jason Lewis, our local FM talk radio host, organized a very successful online petition, that drew over 18,000 signatures by April 15th, the day that all of the compiled signatures were to be handed over to the MN State legislature. This was in protest of the proposed $4 billion in new taxes on top of the $2 billion surplus that we already have. On 4/15 about 6-7,000 (including myself and my husband and FIL) of the 18,000+ who signed the petition, rallied on the MN Capitol steps, supporting the cause. That same day, the Sierra Club, held their little corporate-sponsored Global Warming rally. Their numbers reached maybe 1500 at their peak, while we easily outnumbered them. They were also about 300 yards away on the lawn, while we were all together on the steps of the actual building.

The local media not only downplayed our numbers -one outlet saying 'dozens', two saying 'hundreds', and one not even acknowledging our rally, and using footage of our rally combined with footage of the liberal moonbats, and put it on the internet (see this link (http://wcco.com:80/video/?id=3587@vln.dayport.com)) claiming we were all together there just for the global warming event. Well, several of us protestors, called and emailed WCCO on this. They claim it was an editing error. Funny thing is, if that were the case, why were two different shots of our group first, along with the audio to back it up? They took the video down off the main site, but it is still available from their video library, as proven with the above link.

Anyhow, Jason Lewis wrote about the whole deal to the Wall Street Journal, and they published it, which got Glenn Beck's attention. So, Jason Lewis was on last night, via phone I believe (I didn't catch it myself), and one of the posters on KTLK's website message board, was able to locate the transcript of the interview, which is below:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0704/30/gb.01.html

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

BECK: All right. Welcome to "The Real Story." This is where we try to cut through the media spin to figure out why a story is actually important to you.

A couple of weeks ago in Minnesota, there was this huge rally on the steps of the state capitol. So many people showed up that one state congresswoman said it was one of the largest rallies, if not the largest, that she`d ever seen there. If you live in Minnesota and you listen to the media that day, you probably believe that the rally was part of a global warming day of action, because that`s what most of the news reports claimed.

But the real story is, the overwhelming majority of people on the steps of the capitol that day were there for a very different cause: tax relief.

Of the approximately 10,000 people rallying at the capitol that day, about 7,000 were there to protest $4 billion in new taxes proposed by the state`s Democratic majority. But if you went to the Web site of a local Minneapolis CBS affiliate, you saw the video of the tax rally being used as evidence on how big the global warming rally really was.

I bring this up to you because this is one of the worst examples yet of the media absolutely distorting reality to fit their own agenda. Why not just take the video of the Vietnam War protest on the National Mall from the 1960s, zoom way out, and tell people, "Look, it`s a global warming rally from last weekend"? I mean, would it really be so much worse than what they`ve just done in Minnesota?

It is so important that we have an actual debate about global warming. That`s why, this coming Wednesday night, we will start that debate by showing you the other side, the side the politicians, the media, everybody is trying to hide from you, with our special "Exposed: The Climate of Fear." I want to warn you up front: This is going to be a completely unbalanced, completely one-sided look at global warming.

My theory is you`re getting the other side everywhere. This is the side, thanks to the media outlets like CBS in Minneapolis, you`ve probably never heard before. But you will on Wednesday on this program.

Jason Lewis is the organizer of the anti-tax rally in Minnesota, also the talk show host on my affiliate in Minneapolis, FM Newstalk 100.3 KTLK.

Jason, is it true that the local CBS anchor says he will not cover the other side of the global warming debate?

JASON LEWIS, HOST, 100.3 KTLK: Yes. In e-mails to his constituents out there, he says, "No, the science is in. I don`t have to do this, because there`s a consensus, and the people, the global warming deniers, as some would have it, don`t have a consensus. They don`t subject their material to peer review."

BECK: Oh, I see, so we`re only doing news on consensus now? That`s good.

LEWIS: Well, I mean, you`ve got some of the brightest minds out there who are questioning this, Richard Lindzen from MIT. That`s not peer- reviewed work? Of course it is.

BECK: Sure. We have some of the pictures of the rallies. And what killed me is, it really wouldn`t take a mathematician to figure out -- I mean, it doesn`t even look like a global warming event by any stretch of the imagination. Does it to you? I mean, how do they miss this? Is this just an honest mistake?

LEWIS: Well, it could be in some quarters. But what they did in most reports is combine the totals and say, "Competing rallies drew 8,000, 9,000, 10,000," when we crushed the global warming crowd. We had anywhere from 6,000 to 7,000. They had 1,500, 2,000. To me, Glenn, that`s the lead on the nightly news. I guess Minnesotans care more about tax relief in the sixth highest per capita state tax in the country than they do about global warming.

BECK: Yes, and you are getting crushed in taxes in Minnesota. I mean, what`s up with -- I mean, I know it`s a liberal state. Al Franken is from there. But what is going on in Minnesota? They`re trying to put Sharia law in through up in Minnesota. You`ve got the airport thing with the taxis, where if you`re a Muslim cab driver they won`t pick you up with your blind dog. I mean, it`s craziness.

LEWIS: Yes, I think the liberal Democrats here felt they had an overwhelming mandate in November to change America, quite frankly. And there`s starting to be a tax revolt, at least of that aspect of it. I mean, we`ve got a surplus of $2.2 billion up here, Glenn, in a biannual budget of $31.5 billion. And they want to raise all of their taxes -- if you add all their tax increases together, they want to raise $4 billion when we`ve got a $2 billion surplus. If that isn`t overreach, I don`t know what that is.

BECK: Yes, they`re doing that in New York, and I can`t understand. We`ve got Bloomberg, a so-called Republican. And I looked at the surplus we have in New York, and I thought to myself, "Why isn`t he saying, hey, rebate for everybody, we took too much of your money"? Jason, thanks a lot.

05-01-2007, 01:30 PM
thats like 6,000-7,000 more people than show up at most lib rallies. Im impressed.

Abbey Marie
05-01-2007, 01:51 PM
That reminds me of coverage of the anti-Cheney protest at BYU. It got major headline status in the newspaper, that "even at conservative BYU" students protest Cheney.

Buried in the article, was the fact that the protest, out of a class of approx. 7500, consisted of (drum roll please) 12 people.

KitchenKitten99
05-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Video of GlennBeck's show with Jason Lewis...
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e6Nq6--99Z4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e6Nq6--99Z4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Hobbit
05-02-2007, 10:21 PM
I saw this on Beck (I love watching and listening to the guy), and my main thought was simply, "Typical."

I would also like to take this opportunity to point out the absurdity of saying the global warming debate is over due to a 'consensus.' Science is not up for a vote. There was once a consensus among esteemed scientists that the Earth was both flat and the center of universe.

KitchenKitten99
05-02-2007, 10:47 PM
I saw this on Beck (I love watching and listening to the guy), and my main thought was simply, "Typical."

I would also like to take this opportunity to point out the absurdity of saying the global warming debate is over due to a 'consensus.' Science is not up for a vote. There was once a consensus among esteemed scientists that the Earth was both flat and the center of universe.

We were at the rally itself, although you can't see us in those tiny pictures. But here's one of us with our Rep. Michele Bachmann after the rally ended.

First of all, I will explain the costumes. My husband's online name at KTLK's message board is CaptJSparrow (mine is the same as here, though I am known more as KFuzz there), so, we thought it would be fun for him to dress up, and hold up the sign I made up for him. I am his little 'wench' for moral support because he didn't know if he would be the only dork dressed up there. He wasn't. One of the M4GW.com people were there dressed as a chicken with a 'sky is falling' sign. For more pictures of the whole rally (including comments and a few pics of the liberal-moonbat gathering) here is a link to the thread on the board: http://talkspot.ktlkfm.com/forums/thread/1517398.aspx

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/FuzzyKitten1999/P4140012.jpg

5stringJeff
05-03-2007, 10:42 AM
We were at the rally itself, although you can't see us in those tiny pictures. But here's one of us with our Rep. Michele Bachmann after the rally ended.

First of all, I will explain the costumes. My husband's online name at KTLK's message board is CaptJSparrow (mine is the same as here, though I am known more as KFuzz there), so, we thought it would be fun for him to dress up, and hold up the sign I made up for him. I am his little 'wench' for moral support because he didn't know if he would be the only dork dressed up there. He wasn't. One of the M4GW.com people were there dressed as a chicken with a 'sky is falling' sign. For more pictures of the whole rally (including comments and a few pics of the liberal-moonbat gathering) here is a link to the thread on the board: http://talkspot.ktlkfm.com/forums/thread/1517398.aspx

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you are a hot little wench! :thumb:

Hagbard Celine
05-03-2007, 10:56 AM

Based on the facts that CO2 levels in the atmosphere have been steadily rising over the past century and that the average global temperature is rising by approximately 1 to 2 degrees per year, yes, most scientists agree the planet is getting warmer. DUHHHHH!

05-03-2007, 11:29 AM

Now I know the Captain is a lucky man:)

Hobbit
05-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Based on the facts that CO2 levels in the atmosphere have been steadily rising over the past century and that the average global temperature is rising by approximately 1 to 2 degrees per year, yes, most scientists agree the planet is getting warmer. DUHHHHH!

But man isn't causing it. Yeah, the planet's getting warming. So is Mars, and so is the sun. It isn't like the planet's temperature hasn't gone up and down like a yo-yo since the beginning of time. Oh, and it hasn't 'steadily been getting warmer over the past century' either. After WWII, the planet was coolling until the early 70s. The alarmists as late as 1990 were predicting another ice age.

As for the CO2, ice core samples suggest that higher temperatures cause higher CO2, not the other way around.

Oh, and I second the hotness vote. (Now I REALLY wanna see a pic of that French maid outfit...)

KitchenKitten99
05-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Oh, and I second the hotness vote. (Now I REALLY wanna see a pic of that French maid outfit...)
aww thanks!

I'm still working on finding the french maid picture...

Yurt
05-03-2007, 04:33 PM
aww thanks!

*faints*

glockmail
05-03-2007, 05:53 PM
aww thanks!

Just lose the white blouse and that will do. :poke:

glockmail
05-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Anyone hear Glen Beck on the radio before he went to CNN? What a hoot. I only hear hin during the week in the mountains, which is not very often. He use to have this skit he did called "Bitch or Bag", then bring out audio clips of liberal political women. What a hoot he was. He's much more sedate on the tube.

05-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Anyone hear Glen Beck on the radio before he went to CNN? What a hoot. I only hear hin during the week in the mountains, which is not very often. He use to have this skit he did called "Bitch or Bag", then bring out audio clips of liberal political women. What a hoot he was. He's much more sedate on the tube.

you should hear him teach sunday school..:)

05-03-2007, 06:15 PM
aww thanks!

id rather just see more of your smile;)

KitchenKitten99
05-03-2007, 06:47 PM
id rather just see more of your smile;)

see? Nobody knows you like I do, baby... :p

05-03-2007, 06:49 PM
see? Nobody knows you like I do, baby... :p

yeah well thats cause you are a classy girl and im a gentleman.

glockmail
05-03-2007, 06:54 PM
yeah well thats cause you are a classy girl and im a gentleman... with a hard on under his desk. :laugh2:

05-03-2007, 06:56 PM
.. with a hard on under his desk. :laugh2:

Actually no. I admire her beauty but Ive specifically been avoiding any inappropriate thoughts because she is married. if she wasnt... then probably:p

KitchenKitten99
05-03-2007, 06:59 PM

I love his radio show. His sense of humor make politics and the liberal BS just that much more tolerable. More than once I have been sitting in my car listening as I run errands in the evening (his show doesn't air until 7pm here) and I am laughing so hard, I have people staring at me from other cars. I think one of my favorites was the "Politically Correct" Christmas carols.

glockmail
05-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Actually no. I admire her beauty but Ive specifically been avoiding any inappropriate thoughts because she is married. if she wasnt... then probably:p
:laugh2: Oh Gawd I almost busted a gut laughing! :laugh2:

glockmail
05-03-2007, 07:11 PM
I love his radio show. His sense of humor make politics and the liberal BS just that much more tolerable. More than once I have been sitting in my car listening as I run errands in the evening (his show doesn't air until 7pm here) and I am laughing so hard, I have people staring at me from other cars. I think one of my favorites was the "Politically Correct" Christmas carols.

Un fortunately I've heard very little of his show here. And not sice he's been on the tube. Is he still just as edgy?

Gawd that Bitch or Bag skit- I was listening with my 14 year old son, and he was naming one liberal kook after another and getting caller's 1-3 word responses: Barbara Streisand?, Helen Thomas?, yada yada. As soon as he said "Hillary?" I blurted out "BITCH".

KitchenKitten99
05-03-2007, 07:58 PM

I don't mind, really. And my husband wouldn't mind either. He takes it as a complement to himself, really. :laugh: