PDA

View Full Version : The Thought Police

Nienna
05-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Lawmakers consider peaceful speech to be equivalent to a violent attack... IF it is against a homosexual.

http://www.breakpoint.org/listingarticle.asp?ID=6440

gabosaurus
05-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Free speech and all that.

darin
05-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Lawmakers consider peaceful speech to be equivalent to a violent attack... IF it is against a homosexual.

http://www.breakpoint.org/listingarticle.asp?ID=6440

That is SCARY!! Holy Crap -what's WRONG with those people. :(

:-/

loosecannon
05-01-2007, 12:25 PM
That is SCARY!! Holy Crap -what's WRONG with those people. :(

:-/

Did you read the article and find it at all credible DMP?

gabosaurus
05-01-2007, 12:25 PM
What is WRONG is those who base their hatred strictly on someone's sexual orientation. Which they have no control over.
Why not just just despise someone with Down's Syndrome or epilepsy?
Or do you not understand that?

Mr. P
05-01-2007, 12:35 PM
This is the base of 'hate crime' laws which are falling fast.

It's not a crime to hate. It is a crime to assault someone, regardless of what you're 'thinking' at the time..

gabosaurus
05-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Thank you, Mr. P. Very well stated. :clap:

Nienna
05-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Did you read the article and find it at all credible DMP?

What did you find incredible?

Nienna
05-01-2007, 12:38 PM
What is WRONG is those who base their hatred strictly on someone's sexual orientation. Which they have no control over.

What is WRONG with people who hate ANYBODY enough to act violently toward them? But we have legislation in place so we can prosecute violent criminals. We should not attempt to outlaw EMOTIONS or OPINIONS, only actions.

loosecannon
05-01-2007, 12:38 PM
What did you find incredible?

please see my "Satan involved in Illegal Immigration" thread.

I found that article equally credible.

Nienna
05-01-2007, 12:39 PM
please see my "Satan involved in Illegal Immigration" thread.

I found that article equally credible.
So, no particulars about what info is incredible?

loosecannon
05-01-2007, 12:43 PM
So, no particulars about what info is incredible?

I read perhaps 2/3 of it. I found every aspect of it incredible cept for the integrity of the grammar.

Nienna
05-01-2007, 12:44 PM
I read perhaps 2/3 of it. I found every aspect of it incredible cept for the integrity of the grammar.

Aaaaaall righty then.

05-01-2007, 01:43 PM

What is it with you people who mischaracterize objecting to the evil of homosexuality somehow equates to hatred. it's an immoral activity. And they have completely control over what they do. Its an insult to humanity to say otherwise.

darin
05-01-2007, 02:16 PM
What is it with you people who mischaracterize objecting to the evil of homosexuality somehow equates to hatred. it's an immoral activity. And they have completely control over what they do. Its an insult to humanity to say otherwise.

The More the Godless can insult or otherwise put-down the jewel of God's creation (mankind) the further they can distance themselves from the conviction which comes from realizing we are helpless without Him.

typomaniac
05-01-2007, 02:23 PM
The More the Godless can insult or otherwise put-down the jewel of God's creation (mankind) the further they can distance themselves from the conviction which comes from realizing we are helpless without Him.We ARE helpless, dude. The universe was definitely not created to help us.

The sooner you accept that the harder it will be for your religious "leaders" to make you miserable.

05-01-2007, 03:04 PM
We ARE helpless, dude. The universe was definitely not created to help us.

The sooner you accept that the harder it will be for your religious "leaders" to make you miserable.

My religious leaders dont make me miserable. Quite the opposite. This is because the commandments of God are calculated to bring happiness not misery. Its disobedience and sin that create misery.

darin
05-01-2007, 03:17 PM
We ARE helpless, dude. The universe was definitely not created to help us.

I have no religious leaders - except the GUY who created this universe. See how Christianity works? It's neat. It removes 'mankind' from having to translate between God and us. One-on-One communication w/ God is pretty neat. Definitely makes EVERY life better.

typomaniac
05-01-2007, 03:38 PM
My religious leaders dont make me miserable. Quite the opposite. This is because the commandments of God are calculated to bring happiness not misery. Its disobedience and sin that create misery.Here's some food for thought for both you and DMP:

Imagine that you were the only Christian on the planet.

Now imagine that you've been asked to explain your religious beliefs as logically as possible. You couldn't possibly do it without being thrown in an insane asylum. The only reason you aren't is that millions of others share the identical "insanity." (Of course, you can say the same about every other religion.)

Others can do what they want, but I'd far prefer to base my happiness on reality instead of on a delusion.

Hagbard Celine
05-01-2007, 03:41 PM
My religious leaders dont make me miserable. Quite the opposite. This is because the commandments of God are calculated to bring happiness not misery. Its disobedience and sin that create misery.

Yeah, the religious punish the sin thus creating misery!

darin
05-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Here's some food for thought for both you and DMP:

Now imagine that you've been asked to explain your religious beliefs as logically as possible. You couldn't possibly do it without being thrown in an insane asylum. The only reason you aren't is that millions of others share the identical "insanity." (Of course, you can say the same about every other religion.)

Others can do what they want, but I'd far prefer to base my happiness on reality instead of on a delusion.

Odd...Jesus took TWELVE men and changed the entire Planet. I bet with one or two of us, God could change several continents - at least. :)

Keep in mind, to those who've been given over to their reprobate mind, to them - when we show them the truth it's like seeing a pig looking at a wrist-watch.

typomaniac
05-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Keep in mind, to those who've been given over to their reprobate mind, to them - when we show them the truth it's like seeing a pig looking at a wrist-watch.This was my point: mental hospitals are full of people desperately trying to show others "the truth."

gabosaurus
05-01-2007, 03:58 PM
What makes you think God was a guy? :cool:

darin
05-01-2007, 03:58 PM
This was my point: mental hospitals are full of people desperately trying to show others "the truth."

Except Christians are right. (shrug). Truth doesn't change, simply based off people's acceptance.

Hagbard Celine
05-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Except Christians are right. (shrug). Truth doesn't change, simply based off people's acceptance.

Everyone knows that Mormons are the only ones who truly have it "right" plus, you and I both know God doesn't have a gender Darin.

gabosaurus
05-01-2007, 04:11 PM
The merely fact that someone is a Christian doesn't make them perpetually right. There are numerous different religions. There are even numerous interpretations of the Bible. Which, incidentally, was not written until some 300 years after the death of Jesus.

05-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Here's some food for thought for both you and DMP:

Actually, I think I could do it quite easily. Just speak the truth. You see when you testify to the truth the Spirit of the Lord convinces people of the truth.

I have no doubt that it wouldnt take long at all before there were quite a number of Christians in the world again.

05-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Yeah, the religious punish the sin thus creating misery!

We don't have to punish the sin. That's not our job. The natural result of sin is spiritual and physical death and that causes misery.

05-01-2007, 04:17 PM
What makes you think God was a guy? :cool:

He said so.

05-01-2007, 04:18 PM
The merely fact that someone is a Christian doesn't make them perpetually right. There are numerous different religions. There are even numerous interpretations of the Bible. Which, incidentally, was not written until some 300 years after the death of Jesus.

That is why the Holy Spirit and personal revelation are so important.

darin
05-01-2007, 04:18 PM
you and I both know God doesn't have a gender Darin.

Do you have a point you'd like to make?

darin
05-01-2007, 04:19 PM
That is why the Holy Spirit and personal revelation are so important.

Nevermind the fact she got the 'written 300 years after Jesus' part of her line, wrong, too? :)

Hagbard Celine
05-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Do you have a point you'd like to make?

God made us in its image--meaning intelligence/self-awareness. If "image" meant "physical image," Chimps, gorillas, bonobos, macaques, etc. would be included too. And I don't include them. Do you?

darin
05-01-2007, 04:33 PM
God made us in its image--meaning intelligence/self-awareness. If "image" meant "physical image," Chimps, gorillas, bonobos, macaques, etc. would be included too. And I don't include them. Do you?

Seems like fodder for another thread...but No.

God did not make Gorillas in His image. Only man.

Genesis 1:26 =

"`Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness,"

or

God spoke: "Let us make human beings in our image, make them
reflecting our nature"

Pale Rider
05-01-2007, 04:34 PM

It's their pat reply found on page 274 of their liberal response handbook. There is no sense in it. There doesn't need to be for them. It's basically shock jock talk. Empty and inciteful.

typomaniac
05-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Except Christians are right. (shrug). Truth doesn't change, simply based off people's acceptance.You don't know, logically, that they're right. Christians tell themselves (and others) that they're right because it's a comfy thought for them.

darin
05-01-2007, 04:43 PM
You don't know, logically, that they're right. Christians tell themselves (and others) that they're right because it's a comfy thought for them.

Of COURSE I Know. EVERYONE who honestly meets christ knows, too.

typomaniac
05-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Of COURSE I Know. EVERYONE who honestly meets christ knows, too.I said "logically," not something that people take on faith.

(Nobody in the last 2000 years or so has met christ, either. Honestly or otherwise.)

Hagbard Celine
05-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Seems like fodder for another thread...but No.

God did not make Gorillas in His image. Only man.

Genesis 1:26 =

"`Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness,"

or

God spoke: "Let us make human beings in our image, make them
reflecting our nature"

See, "nature." We all know that our modern image of "God" is based on the Greco-Roman image of Zeus--the great father god who lives in the heavens. The original jews who wrote genesis meant for that phrase to be interpreted as meaning God made us to be intelligent like it is. It doesn't have anything to do with how we appear physically. We're apes man. Big, hairless apes. Is God an ape?

darin
05-01-2007, 05:11 PM
See, "nature." We all know that our modern image of "God" is based on the Greco-Roman image of Zeus--the great father god who lives in the heavens. The original jews who wrote genesis meant for that phrase to be interpreted as meaning God made us to be intelligent like it is. It doesn't have anything to do with how we appear physically. We're apes man. Big, hairless apes. Is God an ape?

Who is "We"? God is not based on Zeus. Not even CLOSE. Unless by "We" you mean "Your family", etc.

God made Mankind in his Image - to be 'like' him. Humanoid...with His Likeness.

Hagbard Celine
05-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Who is "We"? God is not based on Zeus. Not even CLOSE. Unless by "We" you mean "Your family", etc.

I didn't say God is based on Zeus. I said the image of the old, bearded man is based on Zeus. And "we" are "we." We know who we are.

05-01-2007, 07:10 PM
You don't know, logically, that they're right. Christians tell themselves (and others) that they're right because it's a comfy thought for them.

I dont know about him, but i sure do.

Hugh Lincoln
05-01-2007, 10:30 PM

I was trying to tell off my epileptic neighbor but she just kept shaking her head. Some people.

loosecannon
05-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Except Christians are right.

and everyone else is wrong.

you might believe it, but it is still insane and illogical and without foundation.

Some other group of 1.2 billion people emerged from the same tradition and they believe shit as crazy as you. And they believe you are satan's tool.

Another nation (Judiasm) emerged from the same tradition and they believe all 2'5 billion of ya'll are of a soul less than that of animals.

I think all 2.6 billion of all three groups are raving lunatics and a danger to yourselves and society and history provides proof positive of that.

God save us from your devout but wrong followers who do not know you.

Jesus Christ would have nothing but scorn for the majority of what christians do, say and believe.

Who would Jesus carpet bomb, or suicide bomb?

loosecannon
05-01-2007, 11:32 PM

Man

made God

in his own image.

Hence the violent, unforgiving, vengeful, punishing wretch that he is.

Who would god smite?

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation and is but a reflection of human frailty.
Albert Einstein

God made him too

gabosaurus
05-02-2007, 02:53 PM
http://www.oldamericancentury.com/super_safe.jpg