PDA

View Full Version : Are christians, christianity, evil?

LuvRPgrl
08-07-2010, 01:08 PM
If all you knew about Christians and Christianity was from what you see, read, and hear these days, you would think so

How often is the BIBLE or Christianity used as a backdrop for "psychotic killers" or violent evil themes in movies, etc?

How often are NON terrorist muslims portrayed as killers, child molestors etc

How often are any members of any non Christian religion portrayed as evil where it is based on their religion, or their religion is prominent in that persons role

How often are Christian organizations, that in reality are out in the world doing good deeds, feeding starving children, educating them (and the Chrisitian missionaries devote their lives to it, sacraficing every;thing they could have back here in the states) acknowledged?

How often are religious leaders who are pedophiles any;thing but Priests?

Basically, if its Christianity portrayed, its a negative role,

basically if a non Christian religion is portrayed, outside of terrorists, then it is not portrayed as evil or negative

I believe the number is 10, people were murdered in Afghanastan yesterday. HLN stated they were Americans, they were volunteers doing medical work, but failed to mention they were Christians, odd, isnt it?
Well, actually, it isnt.

Palin Rider
08-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Today's movies show devout Christians in positive roles all the time.

There's good and evil everywhere, including among those who claim to be religious.

revelarts
08-07-2010, 10:52 PM
name a few movies that show devout Christians in positive leading roles.

the last one I saw where a Bible reading Christian was an Action hero was THE BOOK OF ELI.

before that the one that stands out in my mind is .(Among a lot questionable films i've watched.) FROM DUST till DAWN. had an good ex-preacher.

Unless you want to count films made by evangelicals then yeah.
there are plenty of those.

Palin Rider
08-07-2010, 11:19 PM
name a few movies that show devout Christians in positive leading roles.

the last one I saw where a Bible reading Christian was an Action hero was THE BOOK OF ELI.

before that the one that stands out in my mind is .(Among a lot questionable films i've watched.) FROM DUST till DAWN. had an good ex-preacher.

Unless you want to count films made by evangelicals then yeah.
there are plenty of those.

I was thinking of supporting roles, mostly. There were several in Doubt and the Da Vinci Code, and that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure I could find more, with a little digging.

bullypulpit
08-08-2010, 05:14 AM
If all you knew about Christians and Christianity was from what you see, read, and hear these days, you would think so

How often is the BIBLE or Christianity used as a backdrop for "psychotic killers" or violent evil themes in movies, etc?

How often are NON terrorist muslims portrayed as killers, child molestors etc

How often are any members of any non Christian religion portrayed as evil where it is based on their religion, or their religion is prominent in that persons role

How often are Christian organizations, that in reality are out in the world doing good deeds, feeding starving children, educating them (and the Chrisitian missionaries devote their lives to it, sacraficing every;thing they could have back here in the states) acknowledged?

How often are religious leaders who are pedophiles any;thing but Priests?

Basically, if its Christianity portrayed, its a negative role,

basically if a non Christian religion is portrayed, outside of terrorists, then it is not portrayed as evil or negative

I believe the number is 10, people were murdered in Afghanastan yesterday. HLN stated they were Americans, they were volunteers doing medical work, but failed to mention they were Christians, odd, isnt it?
Well, actually, it isnt.

Extremism in the pursuit of religion...any religion...gives rise to bitter, evil fruit. So too does hypocrisy.

darin
08-08-2010, 10:54 AM
^^^...so do people with hearts explicitly offended by truth.

Christians of any gender, and white males, especially fathers, are frequently portrayed as bumbling fools in the media.

LuvRPgrl
08-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Today's movies show devout Christians in positive roles all the time.

There's good and evil everywhere, including among those who claim to be religious.

hmmm, Shereese,,,,,oh, my mistake, I thought I was reading a response from my three year old

nanananananananan

your it

LuvRPgrl
08-08-2010, 12:21 PM

Christians of any gender, and white males, especially fathers, are frequently portrayed as bumbling fools in the media.
BINGO

However, everyone so far has failed to address the most recent aspect

Headlinenews failed to mention the 10 MURDERED people were on a CHRISTIAN MISSION

Do you think they would have failed to mention the purpose of these 10 civilians murdered by the Taliban had they been on ANY MISSION other than a CHRISTIAN one

PR and Bully, that is a rhetorical question

Palin Rider
08-08-2010, 01:59 PM
hmmm, Shereese,,,,,oh, my mistake, I thought I was reading a response from my three year old

nanananananananan

your it

I don't feed trolls. Bye.
:trolls:

darin
08-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Do you think they would have failed to mention the purpose of these 10 civilians murdered by the Taliban had they been on ANY MISSION other than a CHRISTIAN one

If it had been a Gay and Lesbian convention, we wouldn't STOP hearing about it...

revelarts
08-08-2010, 04:38 PM
BINGO

However, everyone so far has failed to address the most recent aspect

Headlinenews failed to mention the 10 MURDERED people were on a CHRISTIAN MISSION

PR and Bully, that is a rhetorical question

If it had been reporters that had died it would be news too.

the newsroom I was in was pretty thick with gallows humor , been told that the norm in most newsrooms, the only time I've seen every reporter almost completely sober about others deaths is when it another reporter.

LuvRPgrl
08-08-2010, 06:00 PM
I don't feed trolls. Bye.

apparently you missed the point (not surprising) cuz my point was that you are trolling with a non sensical post that provided no information other than your unsubstantiated opinion

you claim there are lots of such roles, yet provide NO EXAMPLES

Palin Rider
08-08-2010, 07:42 PM
apparently you missed the point (not surprising) cuz my point was that you are trolling with a non sensical post that provided no information other than your unsubstantiated opinion

you claim there are lots of such roles, yet provide NO EXAMPLES

LuvRPgrl
08-08-2010, 08:32 PM
This article never calls them "Christians",

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/aid-workers-killed-in-afghan-massacre-gave-years-of-service/19585498?icid=main|main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww .aolnews.com%2Fworld%2Farticle%2Faid-workers-killed-in-afghan-massacre-gave-years-of-service%2F19585498

The article had plenty of opportunities to refer to them as CHRISTIANS, but instead chose words like "religion", "church" and "pastor"a

It did refer to their crime as "attempting to spread Christianity" but they had no choice if they wanted to be accurate, as the Taliban doesnt oppose spreading "religion" but do oppose spreading "Christianity"

Not to mention friends, family and Clinton denied they were trying to spread Christianitry, so that statement isnt even definitive in referring to them in an offhand way as Christians.

Then also, not once are the mu;dering group referred to as Islamists or Muslims,

ANYONE who fails to acknowledge that the press is biased, are simply dellusional, the evidence is overwhelming

bullypulpit
08-08-2010, 09:16 PM

And so we come to it again. The "My invisible sky wizard is better than yours!" argument.

Of what truth do you speak...Grasshopper?

darin
08-09-2010, 03:42 AM
You ever try to put lipstick on a pig, bully?

You believe things magically just happened - our universe and all in it. I believe in Science, which points to intelligent design.

(shrug).

Thus - you refuse to accept purpose and divine involvement in creation. You 'can' accept the truth, but you refuse because you're skeerd of what it might mean to your precious god of magic.

Missileman
08-09-2010, 07:31 AM
...Science, which points to intelligent design.

ROFLMAO...a classic case of wishful thinking.

darin
08-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Today on Fox n Friends, they Christian identity of the victims was highlighted.

Abbey Marie
08-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Everything you said is true, Luvpr. I've long noticed that when Hollywood wants to make a movie about almost any morally-degrading sin or perversion, they make that character a Christian white male. Same goes for books. Is it any wonder that more and more teens and twenty-somethings today have no faith? They have been brought up to look askance at all things Christian.

Regarding the violence against Christians, I believe the marginalizing of Christians may be a sign of the beginning of the end times. Unfortunately, we cannot expect to be loved, respected or eventually, even safe.

LuvRPgrl
08-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Everything you said is true, Luvpr. I've long noticed that when Hollywood wants to make a movie about almost any morally-degrading sin or perversion, they make that character a Christian white male. Same goes for books. Is it any wonder that more and more teens and twenty-somethings today have no faith? They have been brought up to look askance at all things Christian.

Regarding the violence against Christians, I believe the marginalizing of Christians may be a sign of the beginning of the end times. Unfortunately, we cannot expect to be loved, respected or eventually, even safe.

I have also noticed a strong trend towards muddling the portrail of the "GOOD GUYS"
It ;used to be that there were some guys who were simply stand up honest, courageous and full of good character, do no evil. I know some people like that, they do exist.

But now, instead of portraiting a good guy as such, they like to make him a "complicated" guy, always having his dark side, making us believe that even the good guys have a lot of bad in them

Used to be bumper stickers had "good sam club"
Today its "bad boy club"

drawings, pics, stickers of skulls is soooo common now, death is glamourized and worshipped unlike before. To be wicked use to be a strong insult, today it is sought after.
The media is portraiting women as men, able to physically compete with men, which we know simply isnt true, but they like blurring the lines of distinction so as to obscure the truth.
They are portraiting men mostly as weak whimps, incapable of leading, and uneccessary to women anymore.
Divorce and single parenting is the overwhelming norm
sex outside of marriage is fine, and NEVER has consequences, (unless the show is specifically dealing with that issue) like unwanted pregnancies, STD's,
And of course, most of the time Christians, real, strong believing , are portraited as nut jobs.

I was thinking of supporting roles, mostly. There were several in Doubt and the Da Vinci Code, and that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure I could find more, with a little digging.

Da Vinci codes basic theme was that the Bible did not tell the whole story, or an accurate story, very, very UN CHRISTIAN

It was basically a pieceOFshit propaganda piece, and that statement is very, very Christian:laugh:

If it had been a Gay and Lesbian convention, we wouldn't STOP hearing about it...

so true, and it would have been declared a "hate" crime