PDA

View Full Version : Satan's role in illegal immigration

loosecannon
05-01-2007, 12:36 PM
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_5778186

The Utah County Republican Party on Saturday killed a controversial resolution asserting Satan's role in illegal immigration and supporting the closure of U.S. borders.
The move was due not necessarily to lack of support, but because the convention lacked a full quorum. Seventy percent of the attending 471 delegates, or 334, had to be present in order for a vote to take place.
By the time the resolution came up for debate, many of the delegates had gone home.
The group held a 10-minute debate on the issue, which district Chairman Don Larsen, author of the resolution, described as a behind-the-scenes war being waged on America by big businesses and left-wing extremists.
"They're trying to destroy Christian America and install godless order," Larsen said. "We need to close our national borders and protect the United States from destruction by self-invasion."
Delegate Joe Ferguson agreed, saying undocumented immigrants will never assimilate into American culture.
"The devil is involved," Ferguson said. "Marxism is the devil and freedom is in Christ."

real news in the real USA, a red state i might add, real red, reddest of the red.

gabosaurus
05-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Purple Kool-Aid, the state drink of Utah... :lame2:

Baron Von Esslingen
05-01-2007, 12:55 PM
And people call Liberals wacky. That entire state is full of them. I know some of them. This doesn't surprise me in the least.

Hagbard Celine
05-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Um, I was under the impression that this was just part of the floor tour at the intelligent design museum.
http://home9.inet.tele.dk/mha/Images/jesus-dinosaur.gif

Pale Rider
05-01-2007, 03:33 PM
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_5778186

real news in the real USA, a red state i might add, real red, reddest of the red.

Yeah... it's extreme to the right. But it's no worse than some of the stuff the looney left does.

loosecannon
05-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Yeah... it's extreme to the right. But it's no worse than some of the stuff the looney left does.

OK, name a looney left State legislature bill as looney as this one.

I am not saying that there hasn't ever been one, but show me.

Pale Rider
05-01-2007, 05:55 PM
OK, name a looney left State legislature bill as looney as this one.

I am not saying that there hasn't ever been one, but show me.

How did I know you were going to say that?

So how about this bill that just came down requiring us to surrender in Iraq? I call that looney. BAD looney.

Hagbard Celine
05-01-2007, 05:57 PM
How did I know you were going to say that?

So how about this bill that just came down requiring us to surrender in Iraq? I call that looney. BAD looney.

Nothing says surrender. That's knuckle-dragger b.s. We're not even fighting anybody so we couldn't surrender in the first place. The bill calls for the troops to be taken out from in the middle of a vicious civil war.

Pale Rider
05-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Nothing says surrender. That's knuckle-dragger b.s. We're not even fighting anybody so we couldn't surrender in the first place. The bill calls for the troops to be taken out from in the middle of a vicious civil war.

"Civil war" is psycho-babble. There is sectarian violence in Iraq that can be contained. Al-Qaeda is the prime reason for the spectacular suicide bombings that incite the sectarian violence. There is also insurgents and weapons of war support from Iran. Iraq is the central front for our war against terrorism. We either fight there, or we'll be attacked here.

Wake up skippy. Cut and run, redeploy, whatever, leaving is surrender.

5stringJeff
05-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Having attended a few state/county GOP conventions, let me shed a little light on this:

The platform committee meets ahead of time and writes the platform, which is typically sent out ahead of time so delegates can propose amendments. Resolutions are typically proposed at the same time. Depending on convention rules, you only need a few other people to sign on to your resolution to have it heard and voted on. Any delegate could get a few buddies to sign on their resolution.
Also, because party machines like to have their platforms written and agreed upon ahead of time, they frown upon amendments (or resolutions from the floor/delegation) which might cast the party in a bad light. Therefore, adopting the platform and going over resolutions/amendments is typically the last thing in the convention - after all other business is over, and all the senior citizens are ready to go home. So most resolutions don't get a fair hearing, much less a vote. So it doesn't surprise me that this one wasn't voted for - although I doubt any GOP convention would approve a resolution that gave the devil the credit for illegal immigration in the first place.

loosecannon
05-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Al-Qaeda is teh prime reason for the spectacular suicide bombings that incite the sectarian violence.

PR, neither General Patreus, nor the Iraq study group/Baker hamilton Commission, nor Rumsfeld, nor the JCS, nor Robert Gates SECDEF believe that which you are claiming.

Even Bush has admitted that there is a civil war and that the violence is sectarian not outside AQ terrorists.

Even the Sunnis who were sponsoring AQ in Iraq turned in AQ number 1 leader a few days ago to the Iraqi defense forces.

Come on man. Celine made a good point. Who is our enemy in Iraq?

It is the same folks we said we wanted to liberate. And THAT is fucked up.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-01-2007, 10:07 PM
PR, neither General Patreus, nor the Iraq study group/Baker hamilton Commission, nor Rumsfeld, nor the JCS, nor Robert Gates SECDEF believe that which you are claiming.

Even Bush has admitted that there is a civil war and that the violence is sectarian not outside AQ terrorists.

Even the Sunnis who were sponsoring AQ in Iraq turned in AQ number 1 leader a few days ago to the Iraqi defense forces.

It's fucked up because Bush went and armed the Shia as they joined the "new" army and police force and they took revenge on the Sunni that had ruled under Saddam despite being the minority. Now, they are fighting back as a minority always does: with terror bombings. We are in the middle and need to get the hell out of the way so the Arab League, someone that both sides will listen to, can stop the fighting and bring some peace that our military action cannot bring. Good luck getting Bush to agree to that. And the fighting goes on...

Four years and counting.

Yurt
05-01-2007, 11:10 PM

So you admit, original mission accomplished...

loosecannon
05-01-2007, 11:11 PM
So you admit, original mission accomplished...

No Celine never said that, you did

diuretic
05-01-2007, 11:16 PM
The first phase was a spectacular success, you'd have to be really biased not to admit that. Sorry to offend anyone, just my take on it. Oh I don't mean all the pr stunts like pulling the statue down, that's irrelevant to my understanding of how it went. It worked. It was brutal but it worked.

Pale Rider
05-01-2007, 11:22 PM

I beg to differ lc, but what I said is almost verbatim from Bush's veto speach today.