PDA

View Full Version : 'Recovery Summer' vs. 'Mission Accomplished'

red states rule
08-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Anyone want to bet the liberal media will not hold Obama to the same standards they held Pres Bush to?

For the media, "Mission Accomplished" represents everything that was wrong with the George W. Bush administration and its war policy. The image of Bush declaring unequivocal victory mere weeks after the invasion of Iraq has been ballyhooed as a visual representation of Bush's arrogance, naivete, even dishonesty (the media contrived most of this meme - more on that below).

Will Barack Obama have a "Mission Accomplished" moment? That is, will the media seize on something he or his administration has said as evidence of the large gap between his rhetoric and the effects of his policies and tout it for years to come as indicative of his flawed style of governing?

The gap already exists. The White House's "Recovery Summer" initiative and Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner's statement, "welcome to the recovery" are completely divorced from economic reality. The only question is whether the media will seize on the catchy and baseless slogans (the two criteria of the "Mission Accomplished" media standard) coming from the White House to illustrate the sizable gap between this administration's rhetoric, and the facts on ground, so to speak.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/lachlan-markay/2010/08/09/recovery-summer-vs-mission-accomplished-will-msm-call-out-obamas-lau

manu1959
08-09-2010, 07:22 PM
obama smart .... bush stupid.....

red states rule
08-09-2010, 07:24 PM
obama smart .... bush stupid.....

The liberal media never let up on Pres Bush, now the liberal media never mentions Obama's failures

They only make excuses and try pass the buck to someone else

manu1959
08-09-2010, 07:31 PM
The liberal media never let up on Pres Bush, now the liberal media never mentions Obama's failures

They only make excuses and try pass the buck to someone else

and this is news to you.....

red states rule
08-09-2010, 07:36 PM
and this is news to you.....

Not at all

The liberal media has been exposed via the Journalist. I am looking forward to Nov 2 - but I am also looking forward to Nov 3 and watching the liberal media try to spin the election results

manu1959
08-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Not at all

The liberal media has been exposed via the Journalist. I am looking forward to Nov 2 - but I am also looking forward to Nov 3 and watching the liberal media try to spin the election results

uh........lets see....they were racist....they cheated....the american elctorate is stupid.....

e...all of the above...

LuvRPgrl
08-10-2010, 02:17 AM
Anyone want to bet the liberal media will not hold Obama to the same standards they held Pres Bush to?

Not a bet ,its guaranteed

red states rule
08-10-2010, 05:23 AM
Not a bet ,its guaranteed

It is sad to see the liberal media "report" how things are getting better as more and more people are standing in the unemploymet line

I want Obama and the Dems to walk into any unemployment office in America and tell the folks there how their stimulus bill is working and how things would be worse if they were not in power

and have the cameras their to record the response they get

Gaffer
08-10-2010, 06:27 AM
It is sad to see the liberal media "report" how things are getting better as more and more people are standing in the unemploymet line

I want Obama and the Dems to walk into any unemployment office in America and tell the folks there how their stimulus bill is working and how things would be worse if they were not in power

and have the cameras their to record the response they get

yeah the cameras could report the ass beatings and the libs could scream how the unemployed are all racist.

Nukeman
08-10-2010, 07:45 AM
uh........lets see....they were racist....they cheated....the american elctorate is stupid.....

e...all of the above...Holy shit Manu, where have you been? Nice to see you here again..... :beer:

LuvRPgrl
08-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Holy shit Manu, where have you been? Nice to see you here again..... :beer:

cant ;you see, he has been out buying guns :laugh:

red states rule
08-11-2010, 04:21 AM
yeah the cameras could report the ass beatings and the libs could scream how the unemployed are all racist.

I am sure they could find one person who would blame Bush for them losing their job last week