PDA

View Full Version : Four Years And Counting

Baron Von Esslingen
05-01-2007, 01:15 PM
4 years since we were told that the mission was accomplished in Iraq. Yeah, right.

http://blogs.chron.com/whitehouse/archives/APmission.jpg

typomaniac
05-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Sorta like high school. It never ends. :laugh2:

stephanie
05-01-2007, 01:23 PM
I heard the Democrats were going to recycle this...

I guess it's true..

They have nothing else?:poke:

typomaniac
05-01-2007, 01:26 PM
I heard the Democrats were going to recycle this...

I guess it's true..

They have nothing else?:poke:More than anybody needs. :slap:

stephanie
05-01-2007, 01:29 PM
More than anybody needs. :slap:

Pfeeesh.:slap:

05-01-2007, 01:45 PM
And its four years tomorrow since the carrier carrying the banner came home having finished their job in Iraq.

GW in Ohio
05-01-2007, 02:00 PM
I wonder how many people who voted for President Idiot in 2000 and '04 wish they had their vote back so they could vote for the other guy.......

stephanie
05-01-2007, 02:07 PM
:lol:

Just Imagine..

President Bore..
President Lurch...........:eek:

Sitarro
05-01-2007, 03:15 PM
4 years since we were told that the mission was accomplished in Iraq. Yeah, right.

Wow, parroting Rosie O'donnell, you must be very proud of yourself.:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :lame2: Aren't you going to criticize the President for wearing a military uniform too(actually called a flight suit, the same type that Katie Couric has worn when she sat in with the Thunderbirds)?

glockmail
05-01-2007, 03:36 PM
The mission was accomplished. A war is a series of battles and missions. WTF is with these libs manufacturing BS issues like this?

Nukeman
05-01-2007, 04:43 PM

BVE is a JERK...BVE is a JERK...BVE is a JERK...BVE is a JERK...BVE is a JERK...
BVE is a JERK...BVE is a JERK...BVE is a JERK...BVE is a JERK...BVE is a JERK...

lily
05-01-2007, 05:52 PM

Well, that certainly added a lot to the conversation.

Hagbard Celine
05-01-2007, 05:53 PM
And its four years tomorrow since the carrier carrying the banner came home having finished their job in Iraq.

aha ahaha ahahaHaHaHaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AAAAGGHHH HAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! *inhaling* AAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :lol: :lmao: :laugh: :laugh2: :clap:

glockmail
05-01-2007, 06:13 PM
aha ahaha ahahaHaHaHaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AAAAGGHHH HAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! *inhaling* AAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :lol: :lmao: :laugh: :laugh2: :clap:

Are we still doing air sorties over there? No? :slap:

manu1959
05-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Well, that certainly added a lot to the conversation.

i thought so as well......................

manu1959
05-01-2007, 06:20 PM

no worries the house and senate voted to quit....and send money to continue fighting.......

it will all be over soon....

lily
05-01-2007, 08:29 PM
no worries the house and senate voted to quit....and send money to continue fighting.......

it will all be over soon....

How can the house and senate vote to quit, but still send money to continue fighting?

.....besides being way off on what the bill actually does say.

Kathianne
05-01-2007, 08:31 PM
More than anybody needs. :slap:

D'oh. We won the war in Iraq, now trying to secure a peace. Not easy, not by a long shot. They want a civil war, if they should be able to wage one, full scale, hundreds of thousands will die. That is a good thing in your world?

Baron Von Esslingen
05-01-2007, 09:21 PM
BVE is the coolest guy I know...BVE is the coolest guy I know...BVE is the coolest guy I know...
BVE is the coolest guy I know...BVE is the coolest guy I know...BVE is the coolest guy I know...

FIXED! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Kathianne
05-01-2007, 09:23 PM
that contributed a lot to the site. Boring and mind numbing.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-01-2007, 09:27 PM
D'oh. We won the war in Iraq, now trying to secure a peace. Not easy, not by a long shot. They want a civil war, if they should be able to wage one, full scale, hundreds of thousands will die. That is a good thing in your world?

It's not our war. It's a religious war that we got stuck in the middle of because a certain CIC had no concept of securing the civil authority at the same time he was plunging the military into the unknown.

War is always a two-parter: fight the enemy and securing the peace. Given that our CIC has never been in a war he had no clue that this was an unalterable truth. We are paying the price for that mistake and will continue to pay the price for that mistake until he is back in Texas for good. The peace is not and will not be secured because he has not leaned hard enough on the Shia powers-that-be to share the oil and the security apparatus. If the Sunni pull out of the cabinet, like they threatened to do today, the blood will flow like the Tiber. The last four years will be peaceful by comparison.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-01-2007, 09:28 PM
that contributed a lot to the site. Boring and mind numbing.

Didn't see you bitching when he did it, only when I responded.

Kathianne
05-01-2007, 09:29 PM
It's not our war. It's a religious war that we got stuck in the middle of because a certain CIC had no concept of securing the civil authority at the same time he was plunging the military into the unknown.

War is always a two-parter: fight the enemy and securing the peace. Given that our CIC has never been in a war he had no clue that this was an unalterable truth. We are paying the price for that mistake and will continue to pay the price for that mistake until he is back in Texas for good. The peace is not and will not be secured because he has not leaned hard enough on the Shia powers-that-be to share the oil and the security apparatus. If the Sunni pull out of the cabinet, like they threatened to do today, the blood will flow like the Tiber. The last four years will be peaceful by comparison.

You're far off. However your arguements may prevail, since the CIC chooses not to converse with the lowlifes, aka electorate

Baron Von Esslingen
05-01-2007, 09:42 PM
68% of the electorate says I'm not far off. I was part of that number when it was around 20% and I was correct then and I'm correct now.

The CIC only talks with God as an equal. Everyone else is beneath him.

OCA
05-01-2007, 09:48 PM
I wonder how many people who voted for President Idiot in 2000 and '04 wish they had their vote back so they could vote for the other guy.......

Nobody.

MtnBiker
05-01-2007, 09:52 PM

I wonder how many people who voted for Perot wished they had their vote back so the could vote for the other guy.........

OCA
05-01-2007, 09:56 PM
68% of the electorate says I'm not far off. I was part of that number when it was around 20% and I was correct then and I'm correct now.

68% of the electorate believes the lies foisted upon them by LMM.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-01-2007, 10:12 PM
And 51% of the public believed the lies foisted upon them by your Boy George back in 2004. Look how that turned out for ya. Count backwards from 34...33...32...

manu1959
05-01-2007, 10:13 PM

what mission was this banner placed by tommy franks refering to?

please post the speach given by bush at this photo op and point out where he says we are done fighting?

manu1959
05-01-2007, 10:14 PM
And 51% of the public believed the lies foisted upon them by your Boy George back in 2004. Look how that turned out for ya. Count backwards from 34...33...32...

looks like your boy biden was spouting lies as well.....

lily
05-01-2007, 10:21 PM
what mission was this banner placed by tommy franks refering to?

Oh dear Lord....please don't tell me you're pulling out the old blame Tommy Franks for putting up the banner saying that the ships Mission was accomplished, that they thought up months after the fact, when they found out that their mission was in fact not accomplished?????

Baron Von Esslingen
05-01-2007, 10:25 PM
looks like your boy biden was spouting lies as well.....

Get it clear, Manu. I hold EVERYONE responsible for this war that voted for it. EVERYONE. I was never for it from day one. We still haven't finished what we started in Afghanistan...

Sitarro
05-02-2007, 12:21 AM
:lol:

Just Imagine..

President Bore..
President Lurch...........:eek:

I think the pictures tell why the Demwits hated that carrier landing so much. Neither Clinton or Gore could have even fit in that flight suit, much less look like they belong in it. President looks like he is a seasoned fighter pilot that is part of the Top Gun instruction team. Then we have John Kerry-Heinz lat either looked like Gomer Pyle's twin or a smermizoid. Dukakis, don't have to say anything.....

05-02-2007, 01:36 AM

Your points are quite indistinguishable. We secure the peace by killing the enemy. They aren't two separate parts. They are one and the same.

05-02-2007, 01:38 AM
Oh dear Lord....please don't tell me you're pulling out the old blame Tommy Franks for putting up the banner saying that the ships Mission was accomplished, that they thought up months after the fact, when they found out that their mission was in fact not accomplished?????

The ship's mission was over. why else do you think they were coming to port in the US the next day?

Sitarro
05-02-2007, 02:04 AM
Just for all of you with such poor memories, here is a news story written for CNN on the events of the day...the full article is here....Check the last line in the speech.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/05/01/bush.carrier.landing/

Moments after the landing, the president, wearing a green flight suit and holding a white helmet, got off the plane, saluted those on the flight deck and shook hands with them. Above him, the tower was adorned with a big sign that read, "Mission Accomplished."

Bush said he did take a turn at piloting the craft.

"Yes, I flew it. Yeah, of course, I liked it," said Bush, who was an F-102 fighter pilot in the Texas Air National Guard after graduating from Yale University in 1968.

"Great job," said Bush, a wide smile stretched across his face as he posed for photographs with crew members who gathered to get their pictures with the president. He draped his arms around some, slapped the backs of others and shook hands with many.

To others, the president said, "Thank you," and " 'preciate it."

At one point, he looked up to the observation deck and held up both arms to the roar of hundreds of sailors who had crowded the area.

The landing came just hours before Bush is to tell the nation that major combat operations in Iraq have ended. The speech will be delivered from the carrier's flight deck at 9 p.m. EDT. (Full story)

The picture-perfect landing, covered live on television, marked the latest effort by the White House to showcase Bush as commander in chief. The president's address about the success in Iraq comes as Bush's domestic agenda is under renewed fire by Democrats, especially by a flock of White House hopefuls.

"The president's going out to an aircraft carrier to give a speech far out at sea ... while countless numbers of Americans are frightened stiff about the economy at home," said Sen. John Kerry, D-Massachusetts, who is seeking his party's presidential nomination.

In his speech to the troops Thursday night Bush will thank the U.S. military for their efforts in Iraq. "Your courage -- your willingness to face danger for your country and for each other -- made this day possible," according to excerpts of the Bush speech released in advance. "The transition from dictatorship to democracy will take time but it is worth every effort. Our coalition will stay until our work is done."
Bush was taken in by plane because the Lincoln was too far off the California coast for a helicopter to bring him aboard.

Oh and about the Mission Accomplished banner, The USS Abraham Lincoln was finishing the longest deployment of a carrier since Vietnam......This tells it's story....again from CNN....

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/coalition/deployment/navy/lincoln.html

USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72)

Date deployed: On January 21, 2003, the U.S. Navy ordered the carrier to return to the Persian Gulf. The carrier was at the end of a six-month deployment and had been scheduled to return home. On April 10, after serving in the conflict in Iraq, the U.S. Navy confirmed that the Lincoln and its battle group were head back to the United States.On May 5, the Lincoln arrived in its Everett, Washington home port, ending the longest deployment of any U.S. aircraft carrier since the Vietnam War.

Get a clue you clowns. That landing on that carrier did more to show his respect and faith in our military and buoy the moral of our guardians everywhere. That was the President coming to their ship and trusting their skill to put him on that deck, it also made him one of them.... that is what you guys hated about it and he loved every second. I am sure that while the Clintons are most comfortable trolling around Hollywood for money, President Bush would much rather do what he did here, bullshitting with the "guys"

-Cp
05-02-2007, 02:14 AM

Uhh.. actually... Bush NEVER said "Mission Accomplished" in that speach...

05-02-2007, 02:38 AM
Just for all of you with such poor memories, here is a news story written for CNN on the events of the day...the full article is here....Check the last line in the speech.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/05/01/bush.carrier.landing/

Moments after the landing, the president, wearing a green flight suit and holding a white helmet, got off the plane, saluted those on the flight deck and shook hands with them. Above him, the tower was adorned with a big sign that read, "Mission Accomplished."

Bush said he did take a turn at piloting the craft.

"Yes, I flew it. Yeah, of course, I liked it," said Bush, who was an F-102 fighter pilot in the Texas Air National Guard after graduating from Yale University in 1968.

"Great job," said Bush, a wide smile stretched across his face as he posed for photographs with crew members who gathered to get their pictures with the president. He draped his arms around some, slapped the backs of others and shook hands with many.

To others, the president said, "Thank you," and " 'preciate it."

At one point, he looked up to the observation deck and held up both arms to the roar of hundreds of sailors who had crowded the area.

The landing came just hours before Bush is to tell the nation that major combat operations in Iraq have ended. The speech will be delivered from the carrier's flight deck at 9 p.m. EDT. (Full story)

The picture-perfect landing, covered live on television, marked the latest effort by the White House to showcase Bush as commander in chief. The president's address about the success in Iraq comes as Bush's domestic agenda is under renewed fire by Democrats, especially by a flock of White House hopefuls.

"The president's going out to an aircraft carrier to give a speech far out at sea ... while countless numbers of Americans are frightened stiff about the economy at home," said Sen. John Kerry, D-Massachusetts, who is seeking his party's presidential nomination.

In his speech to the troops Thursday night Bush will thank the U.S. military for their efforts in Iraq. "Your courage -- your willingness to face danger for your country and for each other -- made this day possible," according to excerpts of the Bush speech released in advance. "The transition from dictatorship to democracy will take time but it is worth every effort. Our coalition will stay until our work is done."
Bush was taken in by plane because the Lincoln was too far off the California coast for a helicopter to bring him aboard.

Oh and about the Mission Accomplished banner, The USS Abraham Lincoln was finishing the longest deployment of a carrier since Vietnam......This tells it's story....again from CNN....

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/coalition/deployment/navy/lincoln.html

USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72)

Date deployed: On January 21, 2003, the U.S. Navy ordered the carrier to return to the Persian Gulf. The carrier was at the end of a six-month deployment and had been scheduled to return home. On April 10, after serving in the conflict in Iraq, the U.S. Navy confirmed that the Lincoln and its battle group were head back to the United States.On May 5, the Lincoln arrived in its Everett, Washington home port, ending the longest deployment of any U.S. aircraft carrier since the Vietnam War.

Get a clue you clowns. That landing on that carrier did more to show his respect and faith in our military and buoy the moral of our guardians everywhere. That was the President coming to their ship and trusting their skill to put him on that deck, it also made him one of them.... that is what you guys hated about it and he loved every second. I am sure that while the Clintons are most comfortable trolling around Hollywood for money, President Bush would much rather do what he did here, bullshitting with the "guys"

Do you honestly think they care? They really don't they just want to spin things to attack the President.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-02-2007, 02:44 AM
Uhh.. actually... Bush NEVER said "Mission Accomplished" in that speach...

He didn't have to. The sign his advance team put up said it for him. Duh!

typomaniac
05-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Do you honestly think they care? They really don't they just want to spin things to attack the President.Just like with Whitewater, Paula Jones, and Monica. What the hell's your point?

typomaniac
05-02-2007, 12:27 PM
I think the pictures tell why the Demwits hated that carrier landing so much. Neither Clinton or Gore could have even fit in that flight suit, much less look like they belong in it. President looks like he is a seasoned fighter pilot that is part of the Top Gun instruction team.He looked like a 56-year-old brat in a Halloween costume.

05-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Just like with Whitewater, Paula Jones, and Monica. What the hell's your point?

Those weren't spins. Those were genuine illegal activities. You can't tell the difference?

typomaniac
05-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Those weren't spins. Those were genuine illegal activities."Only in your world." :poke:

05-02-2007, 05:56 PM
"Only in your world." :poke:

So what your saying is you see abosolutely no difference between geniune illegal activities and political spin.

Got ya.

typomaniac
05-02-2007, 06:09 PM
So what your saying is you see abosolutely no difference between geniune illegal activities and political spin.

Got ya.Oh, I think you know very well what I'm saying. And that wasn't it.

lily
05-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Do you honestly think they care? They really don't they just want to spin things to attack the President.

Yeah, that's their explantion 6 months after, which is par for the course.

stephanie
05-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Well, at least their practicing conservation...

Their recycling...:laugh2:

05-03-2007, 01:34 AM
Yeah, that's their explantion 6 months after, which is par for the course.

Conveniently ignoring the CNN articles Sit provided?

Looks like you just made my point for me.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-03-2007, 01:43 AM
Your points are quite indistinguishable. We secure the peace by killing the enemy. They aren't two separate parts. They are one and the same.

So the surge is for killing the enemy? When do you start keeping the peace? After four years we aren't done killing the enemy? FDR killed plenty of enemies in Germany and Japan and got it done in less time. What's Bush's reason we are not done? Will we ever be done? Will we be in Iraq killing the enemy for two years? Three years? Five years? Ten years? How many rotations will our troops have to make before they are burned out? When do you start making peace instead of killing people? If there are so many enemies how come Bush sent in a skeleton force instead of the 300k to 400k that General Shinseki advised before he got fired? Is Bush aware that the longer we stay the more enemies we create there in Iraq? What will he do when he gets to the end of his term and all the enemies are not killed? What then?

Answer: just like everything else in Boy George's life he leaves it for someone else to clean up his mess. That's what.

GW in Ohio
05-03-2007, 10:35 AM
I think the pictures tell why the Demwits hated that carrier landing so much. Neither Clinton or Gore could have even fit in that flight suit, much less look like they belong in it. President looks like he is a seasoned fighter pilot that is part of the Top Gun instruction team. Then we have John Kerry-Heinz lat either looked like Gomer Pyle's twin or a smermizoid. Dukakis, don't have to say anything.....

LOL!

:lol: :dance: :lol:

Yeah, President Bush sure belonged in that flight suit. Why, just think of all the hours he logged in the air as a member of the Alabama Air National Guard.

Oh....wait a minute....he never actually showed up for any meetings of the 'Bama ANG, did he?

Oh, and by the way, I don't want to split hairs here, but didn't John Kerry and Al Gore actually serve in Vietnam, while future president Bush was doing whatever he did in those days, in various bars and strip joints throughout the South?

Nukeman
05-03-2007, 10:57 AM
So the surge is for killing the enemy? When do you start keeping the peace? After four years we aren't done killing the enemy? FDR killed plenty of enemies in Germany and Japan and got it done in less time. What's Bush's reason we are not done? Will we ever be done? Will we be in Iraq killing the enemy for two years? Three years? Five years? Ten years? How many rotations will our troops have to make before they are burned out? ?

Answer: just like everything else in Boy George's life he leaves it for someone else to clean up his mess. That's what.

I cant believe how incredibly stupid this whole post is. You do realize that during WWII the enemy was carpet bombed to distroy whole cities and populations. If we were to even attempt that in todays society we would be vilified for inhumane treatment of others. we would be the monsters of the world and our own media would report it all.

There was a media blackout for most of WWII that was when the media actually cared about the greater good instead of breaking a news story.

This war could have been over in a matter of weeks but the civilian casualty rate would have been through the roof.

We have lost fewer soldiers in the last 3 years than were lost in the first 30 seconds of Normandy...

Pull your head out of your ass and realize we cant do things the way we used too. Ohh we could do them the tried an true way but then individuals like yourself would than be screaming genocide and overkill. You and your ilk are such morons....

GW in Ohio
05-03-2007, 11:16 AM
I cant believe how incredibly stupid this whole post is. You do realize that during WWII the enemy was carpet bombed to distroy whole cities and populations. If we were to even attempt that in todays society we would be vilified for inhumane treatment of others. we would be the monsters of the world and our own media would report it all.

There was a media blackout for most of WWII that was when the media actually cared about the greater good instead of breaking a news story.

This war could have been over in a matter of weeks but the civilian casualty rate would have been through the roof.

We have lost fewer soldiers in the last 3 years than were lost in the first 30 seconds of Normandy...

Pull your head out of your ass and realize we cant do things the way we used too. Ohh we could do them the tried an true way but then individuals like yourself would than be screaming genocide and overkill. You and your ilk are such morons....

Nukeman: If you'll pull your head out of your ass for a moment, I will explain to you the point you've completely missed.

The issue isn't how we should have, or could have, done things in Iraq. The issue is, we never should have gone in there at all. Mr. Bush and his team of morons, incompetents and liars fed us one half-assed rationalization after another for this war......WMDs......Saddam was responsible for 9/11......Saddam is training al Qaeda in Iraq....Iraq is a threat to world peace......blah, blah, blah..........

And every one of their half-assed rationalizations has been shown to be false.

The issue is that Iraq is the biggest fuck-up in American history. Although the boy king will leave it for others to clean up his mess, history will not allow him to just walk away. History will brand him as the worst president in American history.

typomaniac
05-03-2007, 11:26 AM
So the surge is for killing the enemy? When do you start keeping the peace? After four years we aren't done killing the enemy? FDR killed plenty of enemies in Germany and Japan and got it done in less time. What's Bush's reason we are not done? Will we ever be done? Will we be in Iraq killing the enemy for two years? Three years? Five years? Ten years? How many rotations will our troops have to make before they are burned out? When do you start making peace instead of killing people? If there are so many enemies how come Bush sent in a skeleton force instead of the 300k to 400k that General Shinseki advised before he got fired? Is Bush aware that the longer we stay the more enemies we create there in Iraq? What will he do when he gets to the end of his term and all the enemies are not killed? What then?

Answer: just like everything else in Boy George's life he leaves it for someone else to clean up his mess. That's what.:clap:

lily
05-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Conveniently ignoring the CNN articles Sit provided?

Looks like you just made my point for me.

No actually the article Sit provided proved my point. They came out with that "excuse" 6 months later. You don't honestly want me to believe that everything was planned out to perfection for that photo-op. If that banner meant anything else than what he wanted it to, he would have mentioned it in his speech and everyone would have applauded. The facts that you "buy" this story again 6 months later when in fact things weren't going as well as he thought they were, well.....they had to come up with something.

Psychoblues
05-05-2007, 12:03 AM
And that is the rest of the story, folks.

The rEpublican Saviour has not turned out so well, has he?

Sitarro
05-05-2007, 07:32 AM
LOL!

:lol: :dance: :lol:

Yeah, President Bush sure belonged in that flight suit. Why, just think of all the hours he logged in the air as a member of the Alabama Air National Guard.

Oh....wait a minute....he never actually showed up for any meetings of the 'Bama ANG, did he?

Oh, and by the way, I don't want to split hairs here, but didn't John Kerry and Al Gore actually serve in Vietnam, while future president Bush was doing whatever he did in those days, in various bars and strip joints throughout the South?

Yea John Kerry-Heinz spent 4 months in Vietnam filming himself, blowing up piles of rice and injurying himself, what a guy's guy.
Algore spent a whole month reporting from the way back line with a bodyguard to babysit him. He decided he had done enough and moved on to flunk out of preacher school......yea these boys are real heroes.

Try getting an F-102 to start(you don't need to fly it, just start it) and we can talk about President Bush's experience.

Sitarro
05-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Nukeman: If you'll pull your head out of your ass for a moment, I will explain to you the point you've completely missed.

The issue isn't how we should have, or could have, done things in Iraq. The issue is, we never should have gone in there at all. Mr. Bush and his team of morons, incompetents and liars fed us one half-assed rationalization after another for this war......WMDs......Saddam was responsible for 9/11......Saddam is training al Qaeda in Iraq....Iraq is a threat to world peace......blah, blah, blah..........

And every one of their half-assed rationalizations has been shown to be false.

The issue is that Iraq is the biggest fuck-up in American history. Although the boy king will leave it for others to clean up his mess, history will not allow him to just walk away. History will brand him as the worst president in American history.

You're so incredibly misinformed that it is truely a waste of time to bother with you.

Sitarro
05-05-2007, 07:39 AM

The truth is World War 2 was fought like a war, no input from the lib media. Our military was allowed to do their job. Iraq would have been done a long time ago if your side would shut the fuck up and let experts handle the job they are trained to do.

diuretic
05-05-2007, 07:46 AM

He's not a Cabot how can he talk to God?

diuretic
05-05-2007, 07:51 AM
The banner was the worst case of premature triumphalism I've ever witnessed. It was also an indication of complacency.

In Iraq and other places in the Middle East, the would-be insurgents were watching their cable tv programmes and thinking...."uh-huh....." or the equivalent in Pashtun, Urdu, Arabic and so on. The display by Bush, the "Thunderbirds Are Go!" flight suit, the crotch-grabbing swagger that Michael Jackson sat and fumed with envy over, were signals to the sniggering would-be insurgents who said to their friends, in Pashtun, Urdu, Arabic and so on, "well, we'll bloody well see about this "Mission Accomplished' bullshit won't we there chief?"

Bush is a pathetic figure now. I can almost feel sorry for him on a human to human basis, if he didn't have the blood of thousands of people on his hands. He deserves not pathos but contempt and condemnation.

lily
05-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Yea John Kerry-Heinz spent 4 months in Vietnam filming himself, blowing up piles of rice and injurying himself, what a guy's guy.
Algore spent a whole month reporting from the way back line with a bodyguard to babysit him. He decided he had done enough and moved on to flunk out of preacher school......yea these boys are real heroes.

Try getting an F-102 to start(you don't need to fly it, just start it) and we can talk about President Bush's experience.

You may not like Kerry or Gore, but it doesn't change the fact that they were in Viet Nam. I can't count how many times I've read from the right, how dare you slam our men and women that served!

GW in Ohio
05-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Sitarro

Do you really want to talk about Mr. Bush's Vietnam war experience?

He got his daddy to push him to the top of the list for the Texas ANG so he wouldn't have to go to Vietnam (like Gore did, like Kerry did, like some of us did).

Then, he pulled some strings and got transferred to the Alabama ANG so he could work for some GOP political campaigns. He never even showed up for meetings, while his less fortunate, less well-connected contemporaries were over in Southeast Asia.

Please don't try to demean either Gore or Kerry's service in 'Nam. At least they served. Your Mr. Bush is a fucking embarrassment.

Nukeman
05-10-2007, 10:48 AM

He got his daddy to push him to the top of the list for the Texas ANG so he wouldn't have to go to Vietnam (like Gore did, like Kerry did, like some of us did).

Then, he pulled some strings and got transferred to the Alabama ANG so he could work for some GOP political campaigns. He never even showed up for meetings, while his less fortunate, less well-connected contemporaries were over in Southeast Asia.

Please don't try to demean either Gore or Kerry's service in 'Nam. At least they served. Your Mr. Bush is a fucking embarrassment.You should also read up on your GOLDEN BOY Clinton. Ohhh wait he didn't even join did he he was a CONSCIENTIOUS DESERTER, Meaning he was to chickenshit to join but he sure could lead our boys into a lot of shit in his 8 years....

GW in Ohio
05-10-2007, 10:52 AM
You should also read up on your GOLDEN BOY Clinton. Ohhh wait he didn't even join did he he was a CONSCIENTIOUS DESERTER, Meaning he was to chickenshit to join but he sure could lead our boys into a lot of shit in his 8 years....

Yup, Clinton also dodged service during Vietnam.

He and GW Bush are two peas in a pod.

We haven't had a good CinC since Bush '41.

lily
05-10-2007, 07:18 PM

Please don't try to demean either Gore or Kerry's service in 'Nam. At least they served. Your Mr. Bush is a fucking embarrassment.

Kind of makes you wonder if someone died taking his place.