Mr. P
08-10-2010, 02:00 PM

hjmick
08-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Aaaaw...

Little-Acorn
08-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Cute!

It's been a relatively cool summer here in San Diego, don't think it's hit 80 yet.

But we went on a vacation to Vegas, southern Utah, and Arizona last month. Temps seldom went below 100, and we saw 119 in Needles, CA.

Naturally, the car's air conditioner went bye-bye the first day. Then we found out how expensive Toyota air conditioners are to fix... and how little non-Toyota mechanics know about them.

darin
08-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Hot and muggy like SE Alabama today! ew!

SassyLady
08-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Freezing here in wine country. Grape growers are worried ... not enough heat, coastal fogs causing mildew.....and all my trees are confused. They are already shedding their leaves as if it's autumn. We only had one day in July that got over 90 and two days it never got over 67. The fog hangs around until about 11:30 and starts moving back in around 5:30-6:00. At night it is in the high 40's...low 50's.

My tomato plants are not yielding anything .... not hot enough yet.

Mr. P
08-11-2010, 01:08 AM
Freezing here in wine country. Grape growers are worried ... not enough heat, coastal fogs causing mildew.....and all my trees are confused. They are already shedding their leaves as if it's autumn. We only had one day in July that got over 90 and two days it never got over 67. The fog hangs around until about 11:30 and starts moving back in around 5:30-6:00. At night it is in the high 40's...low 50's.

My tomato plants are not yielding anything .... not hot enough yet.
Sounds like you need a small greenhouse for the matoes.

Trigg
08-11-2010, 05:59 PM
it's 7pm here and still 90 and humid as hell.

Trinity
08-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Does this tell you how hot it's been....I believe with the heat index we got up to 110 yesterday and close to that today. I don't mind the heat so much it's the humidity I can't take.

EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING
Issued at 4:30 PM Thursday, August 12, 2010
Expires at 8:00 PM Friday, August 13, 2010
Areas Affected: Dearborn, IN | Franklin, IN | Ohio, IN | Ripley, IN | Switzerland, IN | Boone, KY | Bracken, KY | Campbell, KY | Carroll, KY | Gallatin, KY | Grant, KY | Kenton, KY | Mason, KY | Owen, KY | Pendleton, KY | Robertson, KY | Brown, OH | Butler, OH | Clermont, OH | Hamilton, OH
EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING
Issued at 4:30 PM Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Expires at 8:00 PM Thursday, August 12, 2010
Areas Affected: Bracken, KY | Carroll, KY | Gallatin, KY | Grant, KY | Mason, KY | Owen, KY | Pendleton, KY | Robertson, KY | Adams, OH | Brown, OH | Hamilton, OH
HEAT ADVISORY
Issued at 4:31 PM Thursday, August 12, 2010
Expires at 8:00 PM Friday, August 13, 2010
Areas Affected: Fayette, IN | Union, IN | Adams, OH | Clinton, OH | Highland, OH | Warren, OH
HEAT ADVISORY
Issued at 4:30 PM Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Expires at 8:00 PM Thursday, August 12, 2010
Areas Affected: Dearborn, IN | Fayette, IN | Franklin, IN | Ohio, IN | Ripley, IN | Switzerland, IN | Union, IN | Boone, KY | Campbell, KY | Kenton, KY | Butler, OH | Clermont, OH | Clinton, OH | Highland, OH | Warren, OH

LiberalNation
08-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Louisville also on hea advisory. fuckin sucks, specially for running outside. All this sweating is making my face breakout.

Kathianne
08-12-2010, 05:34 PM
It's been bad all week, today:

Watches and WarningsWheaton Forecast
...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT FRIDAY...

A HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT FRIDAY.

* TEMPS/HEAT INDEX...AFTERNOON HIGH TEMPERATURES IN THE LOWER
90S WITH HEAT INDEX VALUES 100 TO 105 DEGREES THURSDAY AND
FRIDAY.

* IMPACTS...INCREASED RISK OF HEAT EXHAUSTION OR HEAT STROKE FOR
INDIVIDUALS WORKING OUTDOORS OR ENGAGED IN STRENUOUS
ACTIVITIES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A HEAT ADVISORY MEANS THAT A PERIOD OF HOT WEATHER IS EXPECTED.
THE COMBINATION OF HIGH TEMPERATURES AND HIGH HUMIDITY WILL
COMBINE TO CREATE A SITUATION IN WHICH HEAT ILLNESSES ARE
POSSIBLE. DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS...STAY IN AN AIR-CONDITIONED
ROOM...STAY OUT OF THE SUN...AND CHECK UP ON RELATIVES AND
NEIGHBORS.

CHILDREN AND PETS SHOULD NEVER BE LEFT UNATTENDED IN VEHICLES
UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. THIS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE DURING HOT
WEATHER WHEN THE CAR INTERIOR CAN REACH LETHAL TEMPERATURES IN A
MATTER OF MINUTES!

&&
...AIR QUALITY ALERT IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT...

THE ILLINOIS ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY AND THE INDIANA
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT HAVE DECLARED FRIDAY AUGUST
13 AN AIR POLLUTION ACTION DAY DUE TO ELEVATED POLLUTION LEVELS.

Trigg
08-12-2010, 07:30 PM
sat outside for an hour listening to a band performance, I think I lost two pounds in sweat.

krisy
08-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Trinity is right,it has been horrible in the greater Cincinnati area. High humidity almost the whole summer. Our electric bill was HUGE.

I am ready for fall. Its supposed to be 98 here tomorrow with high humidity. Will probably feel like 110. Uhhhggggg! The dogs can't even go outside but for a few minutes. They are bored out of there minds. We ususally go out back and play a lot in the summer.

SassyLady
08-12-2010, 10:17 PM
We might get to 80 here this weekend......which is good .... need those matoes to get red!

Binky
08-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Louisville also on hea advisory. fuckin sucks, specially for running outside. All this sweating is making my face breakout.

I don't know how anyone could stand having to wear fatiques in the heat much less the humidity. Heck, I sweat just sitting here. Gross..... While having to wear those and the calistenics that are done, one would drop pounds just from sweating it off. (do they still march and exercise in the military) When my hubby was in he had to do vast amounts of both.

Give me cool, crisp temps any day of the week instead of hot, nasty, muggy ones.

Trigg
08-13-2010, 06:51 PM
I hear Hawaii is always temperate with highs in the mid 80's.

Maybe I'll relocate :coffee:

LiberalNation
08-13-2010, 06:58 PM
I don't know how anyone could stand having to wear fatiques in the heat much less the humidity. Heck, I sweat just sitting here. Gross..... While having to wear those and the calistenics that are done, one would drop pounds just from sweating it off. (do they still march and exercise in the military) When my hubby was in he had to do vast amounts of both.

I'm guard, only drill one weekend a month but yeah the acus were fuckin hot and they had us out marching in the heat last month. They don't let you take the acu jacket off but you can unstrap the sleeves and unblouse the pants which helps about none.

I hope it's not this hot in SC for basic or will die.