PDA

View Full Version : Reid - I don't know why any Hispanic would be a Republican

red states rule
08-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Harry Reid inserts foot in mouth once again

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NHGaFQlsmhQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NHGaFQlsmhQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Sweetchuck
08-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Freudian slip that shows EXACTLY why dems are against illegal immigration laws.

red states rule
08-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Freudian slip that shows EXACTLY why dems are against illegal immigration laws.

Reid has shown nonce again how libs are the party of racists. They see everyone and everything thru race, sex, and politics

namvet
08-11-2010, 06:59 PM
as he fades into the sunset.............

red states rule
08-11-2010, 07:02 PM
as he fades into the sunset.............

Lets all give Harry an loud "adios" on Nov 2 as NV voters go to the polls

namvet
08-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Lets all give Harry an loud "adios" on Nov 2 as NV voters go to the polls

http://iwantyourmoney.net/images/sized/images/uploads/cartoons/5-99-20100809081539-1-488x461.jpg

red states rule
08-13-2010, 05:00 AM
Maybe Harry has not seen the polls showing his son trailing Brian Sandoval (who is Hispanic) for Governor

Libs like Harry believe everyone should think and agree with them - and carry their ACLU membership card with pride

Agnapostate
08-13-2010, 07:53 PM
His comment is nonsensical because there is no such thing as "Hispanic descent." Hispanics are persons with national origins in Spanish-speaking countries, and nationality cannot be genetically transmitted. His opponent's campaign is no better informed, as they also inaccurately believed that he was referring to a racial group. And what's so relevant about Rubio? He's one white man reprimanding another.

red states rule
08-14-2010, 08:54 AM
His comment is nonsensical because there is no such thing as "Hispanic descent." Hispanics are persons with national origins in Spanish-speaking countries, and nationality cannot be genetically transmitted. His opponent's campaign is no better informed, as they also inaccurately believed that he was referring to a racial group. And what's so relevant about Rubio? He's one white man reprimanding another.

As with his "smelly tourist" remark, Reid shows hows small mimded, bigoted, and desperate he is

Mark Rubio is a Hispanic who sees the racist remark for what it is

Something the liberal media is trying to ignore

Agnapostate
08-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Mark Rubio is a Hispanic who sees the racist remark for what it is

Hispanics aren't a race; therefore, it's not possible to make racist remarks about them as a group. It is possible to mistakenly categorize an Indian sub-class of Hispanics as representative of the group as a whole, and disparage them. But Marco Rubio is of no relevance to that, since he is a white man.

namvet
08-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Hispanics aren't a race; therefore, it's not possible to make racist remarks about them as a group. It is possible to mistakenly categorize an Indian sub-class of Hispanics as representative of the group as a whole, and disparage them. But Marco Rubio is of no relevance to that, since he is a white man.

Hispanics aren't a race

http://i38.tinypic.com/10p6a05.jpg

????

Agnapostate
08-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Indians...or rather, re-socialized "mestizos." The difference is somewhat like that between Africans and African-Americans.

It's interesting that you chose that particular image, which is bandied about quite often on white supremacist sites that I visit, like Stormfront and the Vanguard News Network. One wonders when racial minorities are ever depicted in a positive light on this rightist message board.

red states rule
08-14-2010, 02:01 PM

Yet anyone who opposes the new immigration law are tagged as racists toward Hispanics

I am hglad Reid continues to open his mouth and sprew these gems. It is going to make the job that needs to done on Nov 2 so much easier

red states rule
08-14-2010, 02:03 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/10p6a05.jpg

????

Gee, a picture of a group of Hispanics

Is this a picture of a jailbreak?

Agnapostate
08-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Yet anyone who opposes the new immigration law are tagged as racists toward Hispanics

By other people who are making poor word choices. But the background of that is that there are fears that it makes racial profiling of Indians more probable.

A significant number of people simply don't have a tolerance for racial profiling, and noticed the race-based language in the bill that had to be removed when it was publicized, and realize what the nature of its de facto implementation will be.

It's clear that if the potential for this profiling to occur rises, the target will be an Indian phenotype. Now, what of the fact that native Arizonans possess an Indian phenotype, often possess Spanish surnames and adhere to Roman Catholicism because of the historical Hispanic (Spanish and Mexican) control of the region, and may speak broken or accented English? Is English a more authentically Arizonan language than dine bizaad?

What's needed is for the indigenous governments of the region to condemn this authoritarian policy. In a declaration of opposition passed by the Tohono O'odham Legislative Council, the problems were openly stated:

"[A]lthough Native Americans have been present in what is now Arizona since time immemorial, many tribal members speak English as a second language, do not speak English, or were not issued birth certificates and lack documentation establishing their citizenship and lawful residence in the United States...SB 1070 therefore will expose Arizona tribal members to arrest if they are suspected of being illegal aliens and cannot document their citizenship or lawful presence in the United States.

There is an authorization for tribal Chairman Ned Norris and the Domestic Affairs Committee to jointly offer a resolution of opposition to the Inter-Tribal Council of Arizona, as well as for the tribal delegation to the National Congress of American Indians to also introduce such a resolution.

http://azgenweb.org/navajo/History/indian-history/arizona-reservations-map.jpg

The Tohono O'odham reservation contains effectively all of Pima County, and borders Joe Arpaio's Maricopa County, so the only stronger message that could be sent are condemnations from higher echelons or a similar resolution from the government of the Navajo Nation, I would say, since that would emphasize for the citizens of Arizona that the indigenous residents of the state are not willing to tolerate the latest offensive policy of European encroachment.

Gee, a picture of a group of Hispanics

Is this a picture of a jailbreak?

Here's another group of Hispanics:

http://old.clarin.com.ar/diario/especiales/viva99/img/fotos/g0010.jpg

You can't spot them like Waldo, in case you hadn't realized.

red states rule
08-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Son, all the AZ law is doing is mirroring a Federal law that has been on the books for about 50 years

Legal immigrants are already supposed to carry their "papers" under an existing Federal law

Agnapostate
08-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Son, all the AZ law is doing is mirroring a Federal law that has been on the books for about 50 years

Legal immigrants are already supposed to carry their "papers" under an existing Federal law

There's a federal law that empowers state law enforcement personnel to function as immigration agents? Please provide the specific citation and text.

red states rule
08-14-2010, 03:10 PM
There's a federal law that empowers state law enforcement personnel to function as immigration agents? Please provide the specific citation and text.

Here you go

Ariz. immigration law mirrors federal version but with state enforcement

MSNBC host Joe Scarborough has an odd obsession for criticizing conservatives for calling Mr. Obama a "Nazi" all the time, yet he has no problem comparing the newly signed Arizona immigration law to "Nazi guards asking to see your papers." Even President Obama did not go that far, but he did call the new law "misguided."

On both accounts Mr. Scarborough is wrong. One day he will hopefully realize that LaRouche Democrats who attend various protests with Nazi images of Mr. Obama are not conservatives and Arizona's new immigration enforcement law is designed to mirror federal immigration laws already in place.

Federal law mandates that aliens register and carry their documentation. Arizona's new law functions the same way. Why hasn't the MSNBC host called the federal law "Nazi" in nature?

"Let's clarify what isn't in the bill. The law does not give police officers any additional powers to stop or pull anybody over. You're still going to have to abide by lawful contact," said Bob Dane spokesman for the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) , a Washington, D.C., based immigration nonprofit.

Mr. Dane made it clear that an officer of the law cannot simply walk up to an individual who is not committing a crime or traffic violation and ask the person for his or her legal status.

"You need a legitimate reason ... speeding, reckless driving. The law is predicated on the protections of the fourth amendment against unreasonable searches and seizures."

If an individual committing a violation or crime is found out to have an illegal status, the law enforcement officer will contact immigration authorities.

"They’re going to contact ICE, immigration law enforcement support center in an attempt to verify status. ICE will need to properly staff and resource themselves in order to support the new Arizona law, although I wouldn’t expect a surge of illegal aliens being identified and arrested," Mr. Dane said, pointing to Oklahoma's tough immigration laws that he says led to more "attrition" through enforcement than anything else.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/watercooler/2010/apr/26/ariz-immigration-law-mirrors-federal-version-state/

KarlMarx
08-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Did I hear this right? I was listening to the radio on my way back home from work. Reid's approval rating is, get this...... 2 percent....

that's not a typo, TWO percent

you know, even the most unpopular kid at school had a better approval rating

red states rule
08-14-2010, 03:28 PM
By other people who are making poor word choices. But the background of that is that there are fears that it makes racial profiling of Indians more probable.

A significant number of people simply don't have a tolerance for racial profiling, and noticed the race-based language in the bill that had to be removed when it was publicized, and realize what the nature of its de facto implementation will be.

It's clear that if the potential for this profiling to occur rises, the target will be an Indian phenotype. Now, what of the fact that native Arizonans possess an Indian phenotype, often possess Spanish surnames and adhere to Roman Catholicism because of the historical Hispanic (Spanish and Mexican) control of the region, and may speak broken or accented English? Is English a more authentically Arizonan language than dine bizaad?

What's needed is for the indigenous governments of the region to condemn this authoritarian policy. In a declaration of opposition passed by the Tohono O'odham Legislative Council, the problems were openly stated:

There is an authorization for tribal Chairman Ned Norris and the Domestic Affairs Committee to jointly offer a resolution of opposition to the Inter-Tribal Council of Arizona, as well as for the tribal delegation to the National Congress of American Indians to also introduce such a resolution.

http://azgenweb.org/navajo/History/indian-history/arizona-reservations-map.jpg

The Tohono O'odham reservation contains effectively all of Pima County, and borders Joe Arpaio's Maricopa County, so the only stronger message that could be sent are condemnations from higher echelons or a similar resolution from the government of the Navajo Nation, I would say, since that would emphasize for the citizens of Arizona that the indigenous residents of the state are not willing to tolerate the latest offensive policy of European encroachment.

Here's another group of Hispanics:

http://old.clarin.com.ar/diario/especiales/viva99/img/fotos/g0010.jpg

You can't spot them like Waldo, in case you hadn't realized.

Do you know what they call a Hispanic hitchhiker?

El Paso

red states rule
08-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Did I hear this right? I was listening to the radio on my way back home from work. Reid's approval rating is, get this...... 2 percent....

that's not a typo, TWO percent

you know, even the most unpopular kid at school had a better approval rating

I am surisied 2% still think he is doing a good job

I hope they have 24 hour adult supervision

Abbey Marie
08-14-2010, 04:37 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTz1zyMvczI0V0TZ7jwIC7IqOxeetdFs 6FN64V1PLHJtOrzyWA&t=1&usg=__e58uwxVhi9OYitR7ghD_cHmX5kI=

red states rule
08-14-2010, 04:41 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTz1zyMvczI0V0TZ7jwIC7IqOxeetdFs 6FN64V1PLHJtOrzyWA&t=1&usg=__e58uwxVhi9OYitR7ghD_cHmX5kI=

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r345/JQT777/race_card.jpg

Abbey Marie
08-14-2010, 04:50 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:yNCpAnPxkjWBFM:http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g234/Andrightlyso/racecard.jpg&t=1

red states rule
08-14-2010, 04:51 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:yNCpAnPxkjWBFM:http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g234/Andrightlyso/racecard.jpg&t=1

http://www.bobleesays.com/getfile/fc88fbde-dfc3-412a-ba0c-978c317cd9ce/justicebros.aspx

Agnapostate
08-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Here you go

I didn't think you'd come up with anything, and as usual, you were either too stupid to understand written directions or a dollar short again.

Do you know what they call a Hispanic hitchhiker?

El Paso

That doesn't make sense.

red states rule
08-14-2010, 05:05 PM
I didn't think you'd come up with anything, and as usual, you were either too stupid to understand written directions or a dollar short again.

That doesn't make sense.

Perhaps you are the stupid one if you can't read where it is already a Federal law for immigrants to cary their green cards

Of course you can read - but since you are beaten on the issue you attack

The joke is so obvious. I do not know if you are playing dumb or are really that dumb

Trigg
08-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Reid's problem is that he thinks of hispanics as a racial group, which of course they aren't.

His other problem is that he thinks that all hispanics are sympathetic to illegals, which they aren't.

The majority of the people in Arizona are in favor of cracking down on illegal immigration 60% favor the new law. White non-hispanics are only 58% of the population in that state, obviously other races/ethnic groups favor this law.

red states rule
08-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Reid's problem is that he thinks of hispanics as a racial group, which of course they aren't.

His other problem is that he thinks that all hispanics are sympathetic to illegals, which they aren't.

The majority of the people in Arizona are in favor of cracking down on illegal immigration 60% favor the new law. White non-hispanics are only 58% of the population in that state, obviously other races/ethnic groups favor this law.

Much like the libs argument against CA voting against gay marriage. Libs are willing to flip off alot of their fellow liberal Dems and blacks who voted against gay marriage

Are they are racists and bigots?

Insein
08-15-2010, 01:24 PM

You just like arguing semantics don't you. Never arguing facts or getting to a point but always trying to redefine words that are defined by what they mean to a majority of people. I.e. Communism equates to USSR, Hispanic equates to people born from those of Spanish decent or Spanish speaking countries. Words have many meanings but it would be good for you to know what those meanings are instead of trying to create your own based on loosley pulled together ideas from a very small minorty.

Agnapostate
08-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Perhaps you are the stupid one if you can't read where it is already a Federal law for immigrants to cary their green cards

Of course you can read - but since you are beaten on the issue you attack

I asked you for citation of a federal law that delegates immigration control to state authorities, idiot.

The joke is so obvious. I do not know if you are playing dumb or are really that dumb

Do you even know what "El Paso" means?

You just like arguing semantics don't you. Never arguing facts or getting to a point but always trying to redefine words that are defined by what they mean to a majority of people. I.e. Communism equates to USSR, Hispanic equates to people born from those of Spanish decent or Spanish speaking countries. Words have many meanings but it would be good for you to know what those meanings are instead of trying to create your own based on loosley pulled together ideas from a very small minorty.

In this instance, the dichotomy is between the ignorant and people who know what they're talking about. Hispanics can be of any race, whether Indians of Mexico, blacks of Panama, or whites of Argentina. The migrants to the U.S. that are generally from the cultural area of Mesoamerica are certainly not of predominant Spanish descent.

Sweetchuck
08-15-2010, 05:51 PM
I was going to jump in here with a comment, but I see it's already morphed into a shit pie battle.

... carry on.