PDA

View Full Version : Everyone a bigot?

red states rule
08-12-2010, 04:55 AM
Victor David Hanson hits it out of the park with this one

State representatives in Arizona overwhelmingly passed an immigration law to popular acclaim -- which the Obama administration for now has successfully blocked in federal court. Arizonans simply wanted the federal government to enforce its own laws. And yet they were quickly dubbed bigots and racists -- more worried about profiling Hispanics than curtailing illegal immigration.

In California, a federal judge has just overturned Proposition 8 ensuring traditional marriage. Voters in November 2008 had amended the California constitution to recognize marriage only between a man and woman, while allowing civil unions between partners of the same sex.

Californians took that step in response to the state Supreme Court's voiding of Proposition 22, a similar referendum on traditional marriage that California voters passed in 2000. Apparently, a stubborn majority of Californians still sees traditional marriage as it has been followed in some 2,500 years of Western custom and practice. In contrast, gay groups have framed the issue as one of civil rights, often charging prejudice on the part of their opponents.

Another controversy is brewing a mere 600 feet from Ground Zero in lower Manhattan, site of the 9/11 attacks, where a Muslim group wishes to build a $100 million, 13-story mosque. Opponents feel this is hardly a way to build bridges across religious divides, but instead a provocative act that tarnishes the memory of the nearly 3,000 people who died at the hands of radical Islamic terrorists.

New York state residents poll in opposition to the project. Their unease reflects legitimate questions over the nature of the foreign funding for the project, and the disturbing writings and statements of the chief proponent of the plan, Feisal Abdul Rauf. They also worry that radical Islamists will use the mosque's construction (it will probably rise before the World Trade Center complex is rebuilt) as a propaganda tool.

In response, once again the majority has been dubbed bigoted and prejudiced, this time against Muslims for asking for a more appropriate location, farther away from Ground Zero.

After lengthy investigation, Rep. Charles Rangel, former chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, is facing charges of unethical conduct. In response, Rangel has scoffed that a plea bargain offer was nothing more than an "English, Anglo-Saxon procedure." The inference was that ongoing prejudice, not moral lapses, caused Rangel's problems.

Rangel's charges come at a time when Rep. Maxine Waters faces ethics questions for allegedly using her office to steer federal money to a bank that was associated with her husband. And since eight members of the Congressional Black Caucus have recently faced ethics inquiries, we are hearing that race, not unethical conduct, is the real reason for the investigations.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2010/08/12/everyone_a_bigot_106716.html

Noir
08-12-2010, 07:59 AM
If I may bring up the Muslim building part, I *really* don't get what the fuss is about, I mean really, is it because it's only 600ft away from ground zero? Inwhich case how far away would of been okay?

Gaffer
08-12-2010, 08:32 AM
If I may bring up the Muslim building part, I *really* don't get what the fuss is about, I mean really, is it because it's only 600ft away from ground zero? Inwhich case how far away would of been okay?

I think they should build it in the country that is putting up the money for it. The funding is still a bit of a mystery but it's pretty easy to see it's coming from saudi arabia. There are already at least four big mosques in the general area, this is not needed as its just a slap in the face to the US.

pete311
08-12-2010, 08:58 AM
This is all non issue. If you follow the constitution, the answer you come to is obvious.

Noir
08-12-2010, 09:10 AM
I think they should build it in the country that is putting up the money for it. The funding is still a bit of a mystery but it's pretty easy to see it's coming from saudi arabia. There are already at least four big mosques in the general area, this is not needed as its just a slap in the face to the US.

I'm sure the builders, electricians, building material companies ect will not care where the money comes from, they will just want the jobs, and all the better if it's forgien investment, that's money being put into the system that won't come out.

Gaffer
08-12-2010, 09:21 AM
I'm sure the builders, electricians, building material companies ect will not care where the money comes from, they will just want the jobs, and all the better if it's forgien investment, that's money being put into the system that won't come out.

Then I'm sure having a scientology center built near you would not be a problem for you then. Look at all the jobs it would provide.

Kathianne
08-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Then I'm sure having a scientology center built near you would not be a problem for you then. Look at all the jobs it would provide.

Scientology isn't trying to do anything to nonmembers that I've heard of. OTOH while if these folks honestly have control over the building site at the location, they have the right to build there, just not a 'bridge to understanding.' Not by a long shot.

With that said, I'm not for throwing out property rights, whether for mosque building or under Kelo ruling. If those who do not want the mosque built are 'hypocrites' they don't come close to Bloomberg.

Noir
08-12-2010, 09:57 AM

Infact, I would *love* that, because Anonymous are tearing $cientolgy apart (look at rcent cases in France, Germany, Italy and Australia) the pattern is clear, the more public $cientology makes itself the easier it is for us, because all we have to do is unmask them, nothing more. A big Scientology building that we could gather outside, peacefully protest and spread awareness from would be fantastic.

@Kathi, I can go into details if you like, but as a general note *Anyone* who is not a $cientoligist is known as an SP (Supressive person) and affording to doctrine of the "church" called the 'SP order' or 'fair game'

ENEMY SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by
any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the
Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.

Kathianne
08-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Infact, I would *love* that, because Anonymous are tearing $cientolgy apart (look at rcent cases in France, Germany, Italy and Australia) the pattern is clear, the more public $cientology makes itself the easier it is for us, because all we have to do is unmask them, nothing more. A big Scientology building that we could gather outside, peacefully protest and spread awareness from would be fantastic.

@Kathi, I can go into details if you like, but as a general note *Anyone* who is not a $cientoligist is known as an SP (Supressive person) and affording to doctrine of the "church" called the 'SP order' or 'fair game'

They don't come and kill those who don't associate with them, at least that I know of. I've heard 'leaving' can be a problem. What they 'think' of the rest of us, I don't care.

Noir
08-12-2010, 10:21 AM
They don't come and kill those who don't associate with them, at least that I know of. I've heard 'leaving' can be a problem. What they 'think' of the rest of us, I don't care.

Yes leaving Is a problem, a big problem, as people like Lisa McPherson found out, paying for it with her life. Also if you publicly denounce them you can expect payback such as fabricated death theats, including bomb threats, or (as one jurnolist who has since past away, I fear his name has slipped my mind at present) found out, your hometown can be covered in posters warning the public that you are a peadophile, or trying to intimadate by following/sitting in cars outside your house and that isn't even scratching the surface.

If you find that all acceptable becaus they haven't yet murdered an SP that's you call, but it's one I don't much understand.

Kathianne
08-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Yes leaving Is a problem, a big problem, as people like Lisa McPherson found out, paying for it with her life. Also if you publicly denounce them you can expect payback such as fabricated death theats, including bomb threats, or (as one jurnolist who has since past away, I fear his name has slipped my mind at present) found out, your hometown can be covered in posters warning the public that you are a peadophile, or trying to intimadate by following/sitting in cars outside your house and that isn't even scratching the surface.

If you find that all acceptable becaus they haven't yet murdered an SP that's you call, but it's one I don't much understand.

Seems what you are alleging falls under police matters. Extreme Islam is a tad different. Still, until they do something, if here legally there is the Constitution. England may be different.

KarlMarx
08-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Think of it this way.... would you have a problem if the Nazi party erected a statue honoring Adolf Hitler right outside of the Aushwitz Memorial? If not, then I see where you're coming from.

Noir
08-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Seems what you are alleging falls under police matters. Extreme Islam is a tad different. Still, until they do something, if here legally there is the Constitution. England may be different.

What about the largest ever infiltration of the US goverment? I talk about 'Operation Snowwhite' were 5000 $cientoligist spys got into over 100 goverment agencies, stealing documents, fabricating others.

And speaking of the constitution, you may be surprised to know that the Co$ is unique in that it is totally tax exempt. They had a *meeting* with the head of tge IRS and it was decided during these un-minutes meetings that te church was tax exempt, and that the decision that was made could never be subject to review by a judge. Nice, eh?

If you wana rad more on 'Snowhite' - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Snow_White?wasRedirected=true

Also, sorry OP for the slight derailment, if this discussion continues maybe it should be taken to another thread.

Noir
08-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Think of it this way.... would you have a problem if the Nazi party erected a statue honoring Adolf Hitler right outside of the Aushwitz Memorial? If not, then I see where you're coming from.

And I wouldn't be happy with a hitlers statue going up anywhere, it doesn't matter if it's near aushwitz or not, is the key problem for you the proximity to ground zero?

Kathianne
08-12-2010, 10:49 AM
What about the largest ever infiltration of the US goverment? I talk about 'Operation Snowwhite' were 5000 $cientoligist spys got into over 100 goverment agencies, stealing documents, fabricating others.

And speaking of the constitution, you may be surprised to know that the Co$ is unique in that it is totally tax exempt. They had a *meeting* with the head of tge IRS and it was decided during these un-minutes meetings that te church was tax exempt, and that the decision that was made could never be subject to review by a judge. Nice, eh?

If you wana rad more on 'Snowhite' - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Snow_White?wasRedirected=true

Also, sorry OP for the slight derailment, if this discussion continues maybe it should be taken to another thread.

Churches here are tax exempt, as long as they abide by certain rules. Interests groups are part and parcel of the way our government works-see UNIONS.

There are plenty of mosques in the US, so yes, it's the location that people have a problem with. With that said, if they have control of the property, they have the right to build.

Little-Acorn
08-12-2010, 11:17 AM
This is all non issue. If you follow the constitution, the answer you come to is obvious.

It certainly is.

The 1st amendment says, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or preventing the free exercise thereof; ...".

Clearly, such a law is left up to the individual states to make or not make, as each sees fit. The 10th amendment casts that in stone, as it were.

So, New York State (or possibly the city) CAN make a law prohibiting that mosque from being built on that spot, if they want to.

They'd better get going on it.

Decisions like this are up to the people of the states and their elected state or local representatives, by majority rule... as they should be.

Kathianne
08-12-2010, 11:21 AM
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constitution/amendment05/

Fifth Amendment - Rights of Persons

Amendment Text | Annotations
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Little-Acorn
08-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Quite so, Kathianne. So, the people who bought that land (if they did) and want to build a mosque there, may be able to make a case for the State of New York to pay them fair market value for it if New York makes the law I mentioned, prohibiting the mosque from being built.

One of the more insidious tendencies of government abuse, is making laws that restrict landowners from freely using their own land for whatever purpose they see fit. Some argue that this is a "taking" of the land as described by the 5th amendment, and that just compensation must be paid. I agree.

Kathianne
08-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Quite so, Kathianne. So, the people who bought that land (if they did) and want to build a mosque there, may be able to make a case for the State of New York to pay them fair market value for it if New York makes the law I mentioned, prohibiting the mosque from being built.

One of the more insidious tendencies of government abuse, is making laws that restrict landowners from freely using their own land for whatever purpose they see fit. Some argue that this is a "taking" of the land as described by the 5th amendment, and that just compensation must be paid. I agree.

Nope, that's not how it works. That's a Kelo argument and both should be overturned.

Noir
08-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Churches here are tax exempt, as long as they abide by certain rules. Interests groups are part and parcel of the way our government works-see UNIONS.

There are plenty of mosques in the US, so yes, it's the location that people have a problem with. With that said, if they have control of the property, they have the right to build.

Sorry to drop a text-heavy page on you but this explains (as far as can be) why $cientology have tax exempt status. http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/essays/nytimes.html

Also, Scientology is *not* a religion, it is a business that is why it is unique in being tax exempt.

Just think about it, any business, say MSNBC suddenly declares itself as a religous organisation, with various outlets and tries to get tax exelt status from the IRS, ofcourse it will fail, but then imagin that MSNBC highers lawyers ti file thousands of law suits against the IRS, uses spys to infiltrate the IRS and other goverment agencies to steal and fabricate documents. Then it hires private-eyes to stalk top IRS officals, then one day, the head of MSNBC strolls into the IRS offices unannounced, has an unrecorded meeting with the head if the IRS and it's decided that MSNBC is a relgous org, is tax exempt, and no one may question it or ask for details, they must simply accept.

Imagine if that happened, it would be ludicrous. But, it already has happened, except the business wasn't MSNBC, it was $cientology.

As fir the Muslims building, if it is a matter of 'it's too close to ground zero' I think those people need to grow up a bit rather than be so purile.

HogTrash
08-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Not quite everyone...Only the white race is singled out for racism, bigotry and hate.

Unless of course we conform to the rules of political correctness and never dare to question it's authority.

As far as the ground zero masque issue, the Muslims have the same constitutional rights as Christians and Jews.

But the most important thing this tells us is what is in the heart of mainstream Islam concerning their true feelings and intentions for the US.

Kathianne
08-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Sorry to drop a text-heavy page on you but this explains (as far as can be) why $cientology have tax exempt status. http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/essays/nytimes.html

Also, Scientology is *not* a religion, it is a business that is why it is unique in being tax exempt.

Just think about it, any business, say MSNBC suddenly declares itself as a religous organisation, with various outlets and tries to get tax exelt status from the IRS, ofcourse it will fail, but then imagin that MSNBC highers lawyers ti file thousands of law suits against the IRS, uses spys to infiltrate the IRS and other goverment agencies to steal and fabricate documents. Then it hires private-eyes to stalk top IRS officals, then one day, the head of MSNBC strolls into the IRS offices unannounced, has an unrecorded meeting with the head if the IRS and it's decided that MSNBC is a relgous org, is tax exempt, and no one may question it or ask for details, they must simply accept.

Imagine if that happened, it would be ludicrous. But, it already has happened, except the business wasn't MSNBC, it was $cientology.

As fir the Muslims building, if it is a matter of 'it's too close to ground zero' I think those people need to grow up a bit rather than be so purile.

I don't see your analogy through a quick reading. Seemed pretty heavy on tarring with the hiring of an investigation. Especially since the IRS does nothing if not investigate all of us.

There's no requirement for the complainers to 'grow up.' They have every right to complain. What they don't have a right to do is react with violence or destruction of property.

Noir
08-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Not quite everyone...Only the white race is singled out for racism, bigotry and hate.

Unless of course we conform to the rules of political correctness and never dare to question it's authority.

As far as the ground zero masque issue, the Muslims have the same constitutional rights as Christians and Jews.

But the most important thing this tells us is what is in the heart of mainstream Islam concerning their true feelings and intentions for the US.

....the same thing that's at the heart of every religon, to be the worlds one and only religon.

Noir
08-12-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't see your analogy through a quick reading. Seemed pretty heavy on tarring with the hiring of an investigation. Especially since the IRS does nothing if not investigate all of us.

There's no requirement for the complainers to 'grow up.' They have every right to complain. What they don't have a right to do is react with violence or destruction of property.

Well it's all in the reading, the spies, unoffical meetings, unchallengable decisions. But hey, it's your taxes that are paying for it, so if you're happy enough for the bussiness to go tax free and burden you and tge rest if the taxpayers that's your call.

And I think there is, if proximity is the only problem then where do you stop? 600 ft is too little, what about 650 or 700, at what distance would it of been 'acceptable' for the building to be built? It is one of the sillyest things I've heard in a long time.

Kathianne
08-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Well it's all in the reading, the spies, unoffical meetings, unchallengable decisions. But hey, it's your taxes that are paying for it, so if you're happy enough for the bussiness to go tax free and burden you and tge rest if the taxpayers that's your call.

And I think there is, if proximity is the only problem then where do you stop? 600 ft is too little, what about 650 or 700, at what distance would it of been 'acceptable' for the building to be built? It is one of the sillyest things I've heard in a long time.

If they were demanding another state, they still have the right to demand, doesn't mean that it will happen. Private property and all that.

Noir
08-12-2010, 12:46 PM
If they were demanding another state, they still have the right to demand, doesn't mean that it will happen. Private property and all that.

Another state!?! So they presumably believe that there should never be any new Muslim buildings built in the New York City sate. Like I said, silly.

Kathianne
08-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Another state!?! So they presumably believe that there should never be any new Muslim buildings built in the New York City sate. Like I said, silly.

You have problems with the point being made. :cool:

Noir
08-12-2010, 01:08 PM
You have problems with the point being made. :cool:

I have a problem with the people making the 'point' deciding that there should be a 50,000 mile zone were no new Mussie buildings can be built is just daft imo.

Kathianne
08-12-2010, 01:15 PM
I have a problem with the people making the 'point' deciding that there should be a 50,000 mile zone were no new Mussie buildings can be built is just daft imo.

People can make their point all they want. Some demand all are religious, doesn't give them diddly to say what you or I believe. We have the right to rant and rave all we like. However, those that own or control property legally, get to do what they wish, well other than allow smoking.

KarlMarx
08-12-2010, 01:18 PM
And I wouldn't be happy with a hitlers statue going up anywhere, it doesn't matter if it's near aushwitz or not, is the key problem for you the proximity to ground zero?
in a word, yes. I feel that it's an insult and just serves to rub salt into an old wound.

HogTrash
08-12-2010, 02:21 PM
....the same thing that's at the heart of every religon, to be the worlds one and only religon.I agree with your assessment providing you will agree that Islamic tactics are decidedly more radical and aggressive.

Can you honestly in your heart and with a straight face, compare Christianity, or any other religion for that matter, to Islam?

By the way, welcome back Noir...If your absence was due to a search for enlightenment, your journey was apparently fruitless.

Noir
08-12-2010, 02:42 PM
I agree with your assessment providing you will agree that Islamic tactics are decidedly more radical and aggressive.

Can you honestly in your heart and with a straight face, compare Christianity, or any other religion for that matter, to Islam?

By the way, welcome back Noir...If your absence was due to a search for enlightenment, your journey was apparently fruitless.

Each sect goes about trying to get their end goal in different ways, Islams may be more violent in nature at the present time, but it's no less a threat than Christianity. Can you compare them like for like? No, but that is not to say that we should perfer one over the other, rather we should prefer reason, logic and scientific understanding.

Thankyou, and no, that was not my reasoning. For someone who goes on so much about being programed and so on I'd of thought you would of naturaly swayed towards science, fueled by publicly veriafiable evidence rather than religon, fueled by private prejudice, but hey, that's your call.

Kathianne
08-12-2010, 03:49 PM

You might not like a Hitler statue erected, nor would I. However, if a private group did so, on their own property, it's legal. Now they certainly run the risk of vandalism, which would be wrong, but I doubt the police would be too quick to respond.

Same category as flag burning.

red states rule
08-12-2010, 06:16 PM

Noir, I will drop all objections to the Mosque being built at Ground Zero, when a memorial to Japan is built next to the Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor

Bottom line is, most of the major issues here in America are all being blamed on bigots by liberals (and some RINO's)

Kathianne
08-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Noir, I will drop all objections to the Mosque being built at Ground Zero, when a memorial to Japan is built next to the Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor

Bottom line is, most of the major issues here in America are all being blamed on bigots by liberals (and some RINO's)

are you implying that my invoking property rights make me a RINO?

red states rule
08-12-2010, 06:19 PM
are you implying that my invoking property rights make me a RINO?

Not at all

The RINO's are the one playing the race card Kat. I have never seen you do that

Kathianne
08-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Not at all

The RINO's are the one playing the race card Kat. I have seen you do that

When?

red states rule
08-12-2010, 06:25 PM
When?

Sorry Kathy - typo

I fixed my post

It has been a LONG day

red states rule
08-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Leave it to the left to dismiss the 9-11 attacks so they can support the Muslims

From the Daily Kook Kos

Yes, the 9/11 attacks were horrific, but they were more about optics than actual harm. The economy was already taking a hit before the Twin Towers fell. The reaction of the nation to seeing two major buildings in New York fall on T.V. has boosted the attack out of proportion. While the loss of even a single life is to be condemned and the devastation these deaths caused the families of those killed, more than this number of teens are killed every year incar crashes. These are also tragic losses but we do not make the kind of high profile issue of it that the 9/11 attacks are.

The issue is so out of control that the radical Right, who are the most likely to claim to being faithful the Constitution, would actually want us to violate the protections of the 1st Amendment of the Constitution when it comes to Muslim citizens. A week ago I wrote a post about the anti-mosque building movement. It got me an interesting piece of e-mail from someone who is, shall we say, way way way to the right of me.

Being who I am, I responded to this fellow, even though he started by wishing that I one of my relatives was in the South Tower when it fell. Your basic hate mail stuff, but JT (not his real initials, even though he contacted me I don’t feel right about outing him) wanted to talk, so I kept up the email chain. In the course of e-mailing back and forth with this fellow there seemed to be a meme that he assumed was true which I don’t think most people would agree with.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/8/12/892419/-Are-We-At-War-With-All-Of-Islam-Right-Wingers-Think-So

HogTrash
08-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Each sect goes about trying to get their end goal in different ways, Islams may be more violent in nature at the present time, but it's no less a threat than Christianity. Can you compare them like for like? No, but that is not to say that we should perfer one over the other, rather we should prefer reason, logic and scientific understanding.IMO, if a world-wide poll was conducted to find out how many people actually feel threatened by Christianity, I believe we would find very few cases.

Thankyou, and no, that was not my reasoning. For someone who goes on so much about being programed and so on I'd of thought you would of naturaly swayed towards science, fueled by publicly veriafiable evidence rather than religon, fueled by private prejudice, but hey, that's your call.And exactly where is it that you detect an instance of me not being "swayed towards science, fueled by publicly veriafiable evidence rather than religon, fueled by private prejudice".

This actually sounds more like you and the others whose views are shaped solely by blind faith in political correctness rather than the admittedly unpopular and tabboo scientific facts.

Kathianne
08-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Leave it to the left to dismiss the 9-11 attacks so they can support the Muslims

From the Daily Kook Kos

Not to mention that more kids are killed in US cities than same time period in Iraq and Afghanistan.

SassyLady
08-12-2010, 09:43 PM
There are some Muslims who feel that it is in poor taste to insist on building a mosque at Ground Zero.

Canadian Muslims say building a mosque at Ground Zero in Manhattan is like “rubbing salt in the wound.”

The Muslim Canadian Congress will be meeting with the group behind the mosque Tuesday in New York City to protest the plans to build near the site of the former Twin Towers.

The proposal to convert a former coat factory across the street from Ground Zero has caused an outburst of anti-Muslim feelings because the terrorists who killed about 3,000 people in the 9/11 attacks were of Muslim faith.

“It’s important for a Muslim voice from the Muslim faith to speak out and say it’s wrong to build a house of worship right across the street from the very site where people of part of the same faith killed New Yorkers,” said Raheel Raza, a member of the Muslim Canadian Congress.

“It’s not what I call tolerance.”

Imam Faisal Rauf, organizer of the Cordoba House Initiative, which is building the mosque, has said he hopes being in that location will build bridges and promote tolerance.

“My faith tells me to not create unrest between myself and my neighbours. This is not a bridge-building exercise — it’s doing the exact opposite of creating tolerance,” said Raza, who will be meeting with Rauf Tuesday.

“Many Muslims suspect the idea behind building the mosque at Ground Zero is meant to be a deliberate provocation to thumb our noses at the infidel. We believe the proposal has been made in bad faith and, in Islamic parlance, is creating ‘fitna’, meaning ‘mischief-making’, an act clearly forbidden in the Qur’an,” Raza said, adding there are already 30 mosques in New York City.

Funding is also a concern for the Muslim Canadian Congress, Raza said, noting the source has not been identified.

“If this mosque is being funded by Saudi sources, then it is an even bigger slap in the face of Americans as nine of the jihadis in the Twin Tower calamity were Saudis,” he said.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2010/08/09/14971361.html

red states rule
08-13-2010, 04:23 AM
There are some Muslims who feel that it is in poor taste to insist on building a mosque at Ground Zero.

Like black conservatives, they will be dismissed as sellouts and traitors

Mr. P
08-13-2010, 05:00 AM
IMO, if a world-wide poll was conducted to find out how many people actually feel threatened by Christianity, I believe we would find very few cases.

And exactly where is it that you detect an instance of me not being "swayed towards science, fueled by publicly veriafiable evidence rather than religon, fueled by private prejudice".

This actually sounds more like you and the others whose views are shaped solely by blind faith in political correctness rather than the admittedly unpopular and tabboo scientific facts.
This is gonno be good ! :popcorn: <-<-<-<-<-<- anyone wanna join me?

HogTrash
08-13-2010, 11:39 AM
This is gonno be good ! :popcorn: <-<-<-<-<-<- anyone wanna join me?I'm not sure if we're waiting on the same thing, but I'll join you. :popcorn:

LuvRPgrl
08-14-2010, 12:13 AM

Actually the money came from us to them, now back to us

LuvRPgrl
08-14-2010, 12:20 AM

THIS is a case of an open mind. I at first thought the same as what you hve in your second paragraph, but then I remembered, that if it isnt a private residence, the city does have a lot of control over what can be placed there. They decide on the zoning, r-1, commercial, industrial, etc

Agnapostate
08-16-2010, 02:17 AM
I see he's going with the argumentum ad populum. It's unfortunate to see that he's become an advocate of tyranny of the majority.