PDA

View Full Version : Where has the Wine gone?

darin
05-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Down to about 10 bottles left...I find I consume wine I enjoy. The Problem is, I want to DRINK my wine, and HAVE it too, I suppose.

http://www.colvinvineyards.com/home.html

You'll thank me.

jackass
05-01-2007, 03:58 PM
I dont drink wine.... :puke3:

Mr. P
05-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Boone's farm is better that that crap, Darin.:poke:

Hagbard Celine
05-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Mmmm, wine. I drink from a brass scepter when I wear my satyr horns and I scream Romus Dominus! Romus Dominus! Then I ravage some of the village maidens and melt the townsfolks' jewelry down to make a giant eagle, which I put on a 9 meter pole and carry it on horseback...wait, what was I talking about? I blacked out for a second there.

-Cp
05-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Down to about 10 bottles left...I find I consume wine I enjoy. The Problem is, I want to DRINK my wine, and HAVE it too, I suppose.

http://www.colvinvineyards.com/home.html

You'll thank me.

Nobody said it'd be a cheap pastime :)

darin
05-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Nobody said it'd be a cheap pastime :)

you started this...you should fund it. :)

Basically - it's like the Iraq War. YOU got me into wine...then withheld funding so I had to support my wine-purchases out of hide. :)

manu1959
05-01-2007, 05:11 PM
you started this...you should fund it. :)

Basically - it's like the Iraq War. YOU got me into wine...then withheld funding so I had to support my wine-purchases out of hide. :)

no shit.....i am spending a fortune.....

stephanie
05-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Too much Boones farm when I was a teenager....
No wine for me...yuk..

Cape Cods......:cheers2:

Hagbard Celine
05-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Too much Boones farm when I was a teenager....
No wine for me...yuk..

Cap Cods......:cheers2:

Wine and malt liquor are hardly the same thing. You should try a nice crisp sauvignon blanc. That should bring your tastebuds back to life so that you can move onto the reds later on.

It's a baby steps process of building you back up. It's a travesty to hear that someone may be missing out on wine because of Boone's Farm. :(

manu1959
05-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Wine and malt liquor are hardly the same thing. You should try a nice crisp sauvignon blanc. That should bring your tastebuds back to life so that you can move onto the reds later on.

It's a baby steps process of building you back up. It's a travesty to hear that someone may be missing out on wine because of Boone's Farm. :(

sauvignon blanc is the wine of choice in the castro...........:poke:

Hagbard Celine
05-01-2007, 05:30 PM
sauvignon blanc is the wine of choice in the castro...........:poke:

Oh really? Do you drink it when you're out there wearing your ass-less chaps?

manu1959
05-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Oh really? Do you drink it when you're out there wearing your ass-less chaps?

i see you have been there as well.....

also, all chaps are ass-less....if they weren't they would be pants

Hagbard Celine
05-01-2007, 05:47 PM
i see you have been there as well.....

also, all chaps are ass-less....if they weren't they would be pants

I know, I just like saying "ass-less chaps." Plus it's a phrase that gives a good mental image. Honestly, I don't drink white wines that often. My girlfriend does because she's allergic to the tannens in reds. I love reds.

Pale Rider
05-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Hell, just give me a bottle of Berringer White Zin and I'm happy... :cheers2:

The sparkling White Zin is good too.

Pale Rider
05-01-2007, 06:15 PM
I know, I just like saying "ass-less chaps." Plus it's a phrase that gives a good mental image.

Oh yeah.....

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/4408/bike4iv2.jpg

manu1959
05-01-2007, 06:17 PM
I know, I just like saying "ass-less chaps." Plus it's a phrase that gives a good mental image. Honestly, I don't drink white wines that often. My girlfriend does because she's allergic to the tannens in reds. I love reds.

cool....red is my favorite as well.....into spanish and italians at the moment....venturing into france as well....got tired of california cabs and pinos

OCA
05-01-2007, 06:45 PM
cool....red is my favorite as well.....into spanish and italians at the moment....venturing into france as well....got tired of california cabs and pinos

Try Oregon Pinots, i'm not kidding you when I tell you they are better than Cali pinots.

Also my inside hint unless someone knows already:Silver Oak Cab, best damn cab I ever drank.

jackass
05-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Hey...while youre at it...try....taking off your skirts you bunch of pansies!! :laugh2: :finger3:

OCA
05-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey...while youre at it...try....taking off your skirts you bunch of pansies!! :laugh2: :finger3:

Jackass my friend lord knows I love to eat wings and drink suds but nothing accompanies a good meal like a beautiful glass of vino, try it, you'll like it. Better yet, get a good macanudo and a good bottle, you'll love it.

jackass
05-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Jackass my friend lord knows I love to eat wings and drink suds but nothing accompanies a good meal like a beautiful glass of vino, try it, you'll like it. Better yet, get a good macanudo and a good bottle, you'll love it.

I cant tell you have many different wines "i would love" I just dont like wine. Dont understand the whole culture of it either.

Pale Rider
05-01-2007, 07:42 PM

I've tried to like wine, but this "dry" stuff.... YYYUUUUUUK! Tastes HORRIBLE. Call me cheap, but WET and FRUITY tastes good to me. :cheers2:

Mr. P
05-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Oh yeah.....

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/4408/bike4iv2.jpg

I WANT IT NOW!!! I get me NITRO..Send er over!

Mr. P
05-01-2007, 07:46 PM

LMFAO!!!! Perfect!!!

OCA
05-02-2007, 02:32 PM
I cant tell you have many different wines "i would love" I just dont like wine. Dont understand the whole culture of it either.

I understand, I personally don't like gin or scotch myself.

You smoke cigars ever?

OCA
05-02-2007, 02:34 PM
I've tried to like wine, but this "dry" stuff.... YYYUUUUUUK! Tastes HORRIBLE. Call me cheap, but WET and FRUITY tastes good to me. :cheers2:

Thats a common complaint, my wife don't like dry either although she tolerates a red zin now and then.

Wet and fruity doesn't neccesarily have to be cheap, guertzaminer(sp?) come to mind or a riesling.

Pale Rider
05-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Thats a common complaint, my wife don't like dry either although she tolerates a red zin now and then.

Wet and fruity doesn't neccesarily have to be cheap, guertzaminer(sp?) come to mind or a riesling.

I know wine is good for ya. I buy all my liquor at this stor called Booze Brothers. Buy so much and you earn points towards free booze. They have a pretty big wine room. I'll look for some of that stuff.

"Gewürztraminer." You were close bro.

darin
05-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Guys...white zin is crap! :(

Hagbard Celine
05-02-2007, 03:30 PM

It has its uses, for instance, it's good with desserts!

Mr. P
05-02-2007, 03:31 PM

Our board wine expert speaks. :laugh2:

Tell us why white zin is crap.:poke:

OCA
05-02-2007, 03:38 PM

I wouldn't say crap but definitely not my style.

OCA
05-02-2007, 03:39 PM
I know wine is good for ya. I buy all my liquor at this stor called Booze Brothers. Buy so much and you earn points towards free booze. They have a pretty big wine room. I'll look for some of that stuff.

"Gewürztraminer." You were close bro.

Fucking krauts!:finger3:

darin
05-02-2007, 03:42 PM

Because it's 'barely' even wine. I've tasted White Zin, and find the taste is 'bad' - mostly because it tastes more like JuicyJuice than 'wine'. :)

White Zin serves a purpose - to help get newbs into Wine in the first place. :)

btw, -Cp is the board wine expert. :)

Abbey Marie
05-02-2007, 04:08 PM
btw, -Cp is the board wine expert. :)

But definitely not the board's whine expert. :)

Hagbard Celine
05-02-2007, 04:12 PM
But definitely not the board's whine expert. :)

yeah, you fill that office nicely :poke:

Abbey Marie
05-02-2007, 04:19 PM
yeah, you fill that office nicely :poke:

Suuure I do.....

I hadn't thought of it until now, but perhaps the award should go the the guy whining that the board is boring today? :poke:

Hagbard Celine
05-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Suuure I do.....

I hadn't thought of it until now, but perhaps the award should go the the guy whining that the board is boring today? :poke:

I'm glad you caught that. I've been setting you up for it all day.

Abbey Marie
05-02-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm glad you caught that. I've been setting you up for it all day.

You are too crafty for us. :D

jackass
05-02-2007, 05:03 PM
I understand, I personally don't like gin or scotch myself.

You smoke cigars ever?

No not usually. Maybe an occaisonal 1/2 of one.

manu1959
05-02-2007, 05:08 PM
love scotch and cigars....

mortlach and davidoff....yummy

Fountainhead
05-02-2007, 05:15 PM

I could use some of that about now ... when is the drinking lamp lit ?

manu1959
05-02-2007, 05:21 PM
I could use some of that about now ... when is the drinking lamp lit ?

wife is out tonight kids go to bed 8:30....

OCA
05-02-2007, 07:41 PM

I love cigars and I know a single malt is supposed to go perfect with them but dammit everytime I have a scotch it tastes like an ashtray to me.

Abbey Marie
05-03-2007, 12:56 PM
I love cigars and I know a single malt is supposed to go perfect with them but dammit everytime I have a scotch it tastes like an ashtray to me.

My husband loves single malts. I don't drink them, but they smell great on his breath. It's a very sensual smell.

-Cp
05-03-2007, 01:10 PM

Because "White" Zin isn't a grape varietal - it's made a couple different ways:

1. From the left-over grape skins from crushed Zinfandel grapes - which are red.
2. From "bleeding" extra juice during the fermentation process while making "Red" Zin.

That's why "White" Zin has a blush color - so essentially, what you are drinking is "left over garbage".

White Zin is for folks who have an immature pallete and don't know how to taste things well enough to appreciate real wines - it's sweet, and sweet is one of the main flavors that most folks like. IMO - they drink "White" Zin so they feel as if they're drinking "Wine" and yet at the same time can appreciate its sweetness.

darin
05-03-2007, 01:12 PM
My husband loves single malts. I don't drink them, but they smell great on his breath. It's a very sensual smell.

I personally dig the smell of liquor and a light amount of cigarette-smoke on a woman. :) Course, get a woman with a little B&B on her breath and I'm sold. :)

Hagbard Celine
05-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Because "White" Zin isn't a grape varietal - it's made a couple different ways:

1. From the left-over grape skins from crushed Zinfandel grapes - which are red.
2. From "bleeding" extra juice during the fermentation process while making "Red" Zin.

That's why "White" Zin has a blush color - so essentially, what you are drinking is "left over garbage".

White Zin is for folks who have an immature pallete and don't know how to taste things well enough to appreciate real wines - it's sweet, and sweet is one of the main flavors that most folks like. IMO - they drink "White" Zin so they feel as if they're drinking "Wine" and yet at the same time can appreciate its sweetness.

Or you can just drink it chilled with a brownie for dessert. Mmm.

darin
05-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Or you can just drink it chilled with a brownie for dessert. Mmm.

I can think of two or three much-better dessert wines. :)

Hagbard Celine
05-03-2007, 01:26 PM
I can think of two or three much-better dessert wines. :)

Well, there isn't a right answer. I was just trying to come up with a use for whitezin since there are so many haters on the board. It's not my favorite either but it does have uses.

-Cp
05-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Well, there isn't a right answer. I was just trying to come up with a use for whitezin since there are so many haters on the board. It's not my favorite either but it does have uses.

yeah- I hear the acids in it really help clean out the drain in your sinks... :)

Hagbard Celine
05-03-2007, 01:33 PM
yeah- I hear the acids in it really help clean out the drain in your sinks... :)

Why not just buy drano? I'll bet you're wasting a lot of money. :poke:

Abbey Marie
05-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Course, get a woman with a little B&B on her breath and I'm sold. :)

Your taste is impeccable. :wine: :D

darin
05-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Your taste is impeccable. :wine: :D

Sux my wife only likes to drink with other people (sigh). What're YOU doin' Friday night? :D:cheers2:

Abbey Marie
05-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Sux my wife only likes to drink with other people (sigh). What're YOU doin' Friday night? :D:cheers2:

Nuthin so far. :(

Hagbard Celine
05-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Do you guys ever go to any local wineries in your area to get bottles of the local stuff? There's a great one down here in Helen, GA. It actually has some award-winning wines. And they also make this muscadine wine that really is great for desserts.

Mr. P
05-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Do you guys ever go to any local wineries in your area to get bottles of the local stuff? There's a great one down here in Helen, GA. It actually has some award-winning wines. And they also make this muscadine wine that really is great for desserts.

That wine shouldn't even be called wine. I've had several bottles from there and they ALL SUCK! It's crap!

darin
05-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Nuthin so far. :(

Then it's ON! :) What time do you land at SEATAC? How will I recognize you? :)

Hagbard Celine
05-03-2007, 02:19 PM
That wine shouldn't even be called wine. I've had several bottles from there and they ALL SUCK! It's crap!

Are you one of those limp-wristed "I taste oak and wild flower with a hint of fruity after taste" snobs? And if the wine from the Helen winery is sooo bad, why did you have "several" bottles? Why buy a bottle at all when they offer free wine tastings?

OCA
05-03-2007, 02:29 PM

Cosmos if i'm correct.

darin
05-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Cosmos if i'm correct.

:finger3: :finger3: :finger3:

:D

OCA
05-03-2007, 02:35 PM
:finger3: :finger3: :finger3:

:D

Tell Mary that I just bought myself a big new snap on power drill, she'll appreciate that.

Hagbard Celine
05-03-2007, 02:37 PM

Maybe she just thinks you're an annoying drunk. :dunno:

darin
05-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Tell Mary that I just bought myself a big new snap on power drill, she'll appreciate that.

When I read that I thought you had a sTrap-on Power drill...that'd be pretty Gay, man. :)

Mr. P
05-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Are you one of those limp-wristed "I taste oak and wild flower with a hint of fruity after taste" snobs? And if the wine from the Helen winery is sooo bad, why did you have "several" bottles? Why buy a bottle at all when they offer free wine tastings?

Someone else bought it..I never would have.

Abbey Marie
05-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Cosmos if i'm correct.

Dang, that was brutal! :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
05-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Then it's ON! :) What time do you land at SEATAC? How will I recognize you? :)

http://www.celebopedia.com/polly-walker/images/polly-walker.jpg

-Cp
05-03-2007, 09:54 PM
http://www.celebopedia.com/polly-walker/images/polly-walker.jpg

Uh huh..

jackass
05-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Are you one of those limp-wristed "I taste oak and wild flower with a hint of fruity after taste" snobs?

Isnt that all of you wine drinkers? Have an ale like a real man! :laugh2:

darin
05-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Abbey? Why did you quote me and not give a reply? lol!

Abbey Marie
05-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Abbey? Why did you quote me and not give a reply? lol!

There's a pic under the quote- can't you see it?

darin
05-04-2007, 04:06 PM
There's a pic under the quote- can't you see it?

I can't. :( Must be my internet filters :(

Abbey Marie
05-04-2007, 04:53 PM
I can't. :( Must be my internet filters :(

Maybe just as well. -Cp thinks it's way too pretty to be me, anyway. :(

Hagbard Celine
05-04-2007, 05:23 PM
In your opinions, what are the best store-bought wine brands? For cheap, enjoyable wine, I don't think you can go wrong with Yellow Tail.

Abbey Marie
05-04-2007, 05:32 PM
In your opinions, what are the best store-bought wine brands? For cheap, enjoyable wine, I don't think you can go wrong with Yellow Tail.

I agree it is good for cheap. A definite step up, but not expensive, is Smoking Loon.

Mr. P
05-04-2007, 06:00 PM

Is it you, Abbey?

Hagbard Celine
05-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Is it you, Abbey?

No, that's the actress who plays Atia on HBO's Rome.

Mr. P
05-04-2007, 06:33 PM
No, that's the actress who plays Atia on HBO's Rome.

Thanks, Hagbard.

-Cp
05-04-2007, 06:42 PM

eh? Where and when did I say that? LOL

OCA
05-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Dang, that was brutal! :laugh2:

No at dinner she was pounding cosmopolitans, really putting them away and DMP says to me "watch when she gets up she's gonna be jacked up and wobbly"......got up to leave and she was walking as straight as a 7th day adventist preacher.

But his wife is a nice gal, intelligent too.