PDA

View Full Version : Even the poor are abandoning Obama

Trigg
08-14-2010, 09:57 AM
This marks the first time since Obama was inaugurated on January 20, 2009, when Americans in all four of the income brackets reported in Gallup’s weekly survey of presidential approval gave Obama less than 50 percent approval

The higher the income bracket an American occupies, the sooner he or she was likely to stop approving of the job Obama was doing

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/71089

The poor and least educated are even starting to pay attention to the poor job bambam is doing. His approval by whites is down 24 points and down 28 points for hispanics. Only blacks are not declining.

Nukeman
08-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Of course they are abandoning him. They are much poorer under him than they were under any other sitting president in recent memory....

Agnapostate
08-15-2010, 05:31 AM
Why would the poor support Obama? Poverty will never disappear in the capitalist economy.

Noir
08-15-2010, 05:57 AM
Of course they are abandoning him. They are much poorer under him than they were under any other sitting president in recent memory....

Given the number of people that have lost thier jobs, houses and businesses, I'd say allot of people are poorer than they have been in thier life, but then that's what happens when you have a world wide recession, I wonder what the poor of the 1930s would make of today's poor...

Noir
08-15-2010, 06:02 AM
Why would the poor support Obama? Poverty will never disappear in the capitalist economy.

Because even the poor & uneducated know that communism would tear the economy to pieces, no one will be better off than anyone else, does that mean poverty has disapeared, or rather, is now applicable to everyone.

red states rule
08-15-2010, 06:02 AM
Given the number of people that have lost thier jobs, houses and businesses, I'd say allot of people are poorer than they have been in thier life, but then that's what happens when you have a world wide recession, I wonder what the poor of the 1930s would make of today's poor...

No Noir, that is what happens when you have a liberal President and liberal Congress who are hell bent of wrecking the economy with record spending, record deficits, nonstop bailouts, slush fund payouts to unions, and relentless attacks by the government on the private sector via higher taxes and excessive regulation

Noir
08-15-2010, 06:15 AM
No Noir, that is what happens when you have a liberal President and liberal Congress who are hell bent of wrecking the economy with record spending, record deficits, nonstop bailouts, slush fund payouts to unions, and relentless attacks by the government on the private sector via higher taxes and excessive regulation

You *have* to spend your way out of a recession, painful as it may later be, it will not be as painful as being the only stagnant economy in the world. (See Japan during the 1990's as an example)
Just be thankful this recession happened when it did, when the USA can *never* run out of money because yours is the currency that others are truly valued against, another couple of years and that will be China, and I couldn't see them being overly sympathetic to your needs, nor ours.

red states rule
08-15-2010, 06:53 AM
You *have* to spend your way out of a recession, painful as it may later be, it will not be as painful as being the only stagnant economy in the world. (See Japan during the 1990's as an example)
Just be thankful this recession happened when it did, when the USA can *never* run out of money because yours is the currency that others are truly valued against, another couple of years and that will be China, and I couldn't see them being overly sympathetic to your needs, nor ours.

Libs are so funny with your double standards. Bush's excessive spending got us in this mess - yet Obama's excessive spending will get us out

Bush's $500 billion annual budget deficit is putting debt on our great grandchildren - yet Obama's $1.5 trillion annual defict is making a better world for out great grandchildren

Noit, Dems have spent trillions "stimulating" the economy - if spending was the answer the US economy would be lit up like a Christmas tree. This is why he is tanking in the polls and people are fed up with his lies and buck passing of the blame. He had his chance, he fell on his ass, and he took the nation with him

We are out of money Noir - and unless the Dems are kicked out office and replaced with conservatives - the US will soon be like Greece and most of Europe

Noir
08-15-2010, 07:18 AM
Libs are so funny with your double standards. Bush's excessive spending got us in this mess - yet Obama's excessive spending will get us out

Bush's $500 billion annual budget deficit is putting debt on our great grandchildren - yet Obama's $1.5 trillion annual defict is making a better world for out great grandchildren

Noit, Dems have spent trillions "stimulating" the economy - if spending was the answer the US economy would be lit up like a Christmas tree. This is why he is tanking in the polls and people are fed up with his lies and buck passing of the blame. He had his chance, he fell on his ass, and he took the nation with him

We are out of money Noir - and unless the Dems are kicked out office and replaced with conservatives - the US will soon be like Greece and most of Europe

Well I don't know a great deal about what bush spent on what, but as a general rule of thumb you shouldn't be spending excesssivly during the boom years, but rather saving for the bust years, don't ya think?

And no, it shouldn't be lit up like a christmas tree, maybe your underesimating the sheer scale of the economic system, I read an article not to long ago that showed how the 1930s crash was still having an effect on the global market 30 years latter (I'll try and find it for you) to think this will all of been dealt with in months/years is well silly.

red states rule
08-15-2010, 07:27 AM
Well I don't know a great deal about what bush spent on what, but as a general rule of thumb you shouldn't be spending excesssivly during the boom years, but rather saving for the bust years, don't ya think?

And no, it shouldn't be lit up like a christmas tree, maybe your underesimating the sheer scale of the economic system, I read an article not to long ago that showed how the 1930s crash was still having an effect on the global market 30 years latter (I'll try and find it for you) to think this will all of been dealt with in months/years is well silly.

Noir the Great Depression was brought on by the masssive tax increases of Hoover

The Depression was made worse by FDR's insane tax increases

On Jan 1, 2011 we have 2 sets of tax increases ready to nail the producers and companies when the Bush tax cuts expire and all the tax increases in Obamacare hit

If spending was the way out of a recession then liberal states like CA, NY, and MI would be shining economic expamples of tax and spend liberalism

Bottom line for me Noir, is if you can find the servie in the Yellow Pages then the government should not be providing the same service. It would be easy to take a chain saw to the budget and start the cutting - then pass the savings back to the taxpayer with massive tax cuts

glockmail
08-15-2010, 08:52 AM
You *have* to spend your way out of a recession, painful as it may later be, it will not be as painful as being the only stagnant economy in the world. (See Japan during the 1990's as an example) Holy shit talk about seeing black and calling it white. Japan was a disaster exactly because they tried to do this.

red states rule
08-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Holy shit talk about seeing black and calling it white. Japan was a disaster exactly because they tried to do this.

Want to make progress on putting people back to work - work on the jobs numbers

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz081310dAPR20100813124609.jpg

Agnapostate
08-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Because even the poor & uneducated know that communism would tear the economy to pieces, no one will be better off than anyone else, does that mean poverty has disapeared, or rather, is now applicable to everyone.

No one mentioned communism, but the failings of the capitalist business cycle are still as aptly described by Marxian crisis theory as ever.

cadet
08-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Holy shit talk about seeing black and calling it white. Japan was a disaster exactly because they tried to do this.

i compleatly agree, what we need is a guy who can run a buisness. some guy who has the history of creating a company out of nothing. Or, we could get the next best thing, some guy who's cheep and NOT willing to spend... how much is Mrs. Obama spending to stay in spain?

Sweetchuck
08-15-2010, 05:53 PM

Not so much that the poor support BO, but more like the fucking deadbeat freeloaders support him.

Poverty will be present in any economy/governance.

Agnapostate
08-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Not so much that the poor support BO, but more like the fucking deadbeat freeloaders support him.

Poverty will be present in any economy/governance.

Yeah, mmkay, the evil welfare queens our eroding the pillars of civilization because of their laziness and lack of self-reliance, insisting on consuming rewards produced by others that they did not earn. The spiel's kind of worn-out. Poverty may be a fundamental staple of of economic organization, but that's still not a basis for avoiding recognition of the fact that capitalism, particularly rightist Anglo-Saxon capitalism, creates particularly insidious and deep forms of poverty, along with constrictions on social mobility.

Sweetchuck
08-15-2010, 07:48 PM
I see what Kathianne is talking about now.

Agna - you need to get out a little more often. All that communist propaganda's poisoned your mind.

Agnapostate
08-15-2010, 08:09 PM
I see what Kathianne is talking about now.

Agna - you need to get out a little more often. All that communist propaganda's poisoned your mind.

Aside from the fact that boring old empirical evidence supports my perspective, I'd have never developed my intuitions if not for personally witnessing the fact that the capitalist economy simply does not work for average, everyday people in poor crime-ridden areas.