PDA

View Full Version : So, ya wanna Black belt??

Mr. P
08-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Then you gotta break a few pieces of wood. That's my daughter testing for Black Belt.

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gxJ7w3rIZEU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

Abbey Marie
08-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Congrats daughter of Mr.P! :clap:

Our daughter got her black belt (when she was 14; she's 19 now), and then stopped. I was just saying today that I'd feel much better about her safety at college if she would go back and spar again.

gabosaurus
08-14-2010, 08:34 PM
EXCELLENT!! I am all in favor of girls learning self defense. It not only makes them safer, but gives them self-confidence and respect for others.
My sister and I never did martial arts, but we took a "self defense for women" course and also a "street smarts" class. We also learned gun safety.

My daughter has already done the "street smarts" course. She is currently doing fencing.

SassyLady
08-16-2010, 03:01 AM
Way to go Mr. P!!!

My granddaughter's school teaches martial arts during PE period instead of sports. Teaches self-discipline, focus, respect and they learn to protect themselves.

darin
08-16-2010, 12:49 PM
fantastic :) :clap:

krisy
08-16-2010, 01:35 PM
:clap::dance:

Good for her P!!!

My daughter is getting ready to test for her high green belt. She loves it when she gets to break those boards with her foot:coffee: