PDA

View Full Version : HUD offers interest-free $50K loans to unemployed homeowners

red states rule
08-15-2010, 07:51 AM
The insanity continues and it is your money being flushed down the Federal toilet

The Obama administration is providing $3 billion to unemployed homeowners facing foreclosure in the nation's toughest job markets.

The Treasury Department says it will send $2 billion to 17 states that have unemployment rates higher than the national average for a year. They will use the money for programs to aid unemployed homeowners. Some of those states have already designed such programs.

Another $1 billion will go to a new program being run by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. It will provide homeowners with emergency zero-interest rate loans of up to $50,000 for up to two years.

The administration was required to launch the HUD emergency loan program by the financial regulatory bill signed by President Barack Obama last month.

The Treasury are using money from the $700 billion Wall Street bailout to pay its share of the program. Officials said they won't know until next month how many people are likely to be helped.

California will get the largest share of money for the Treasury program, at $476 million. Florida is in line for nearly $239 million. Illinois will receive $166 million and Ohio will receive $149 million.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/38658978

namvet
08-15-2010, 08:35 AM
this is what started that mess. bet ACON is dancing in the streets.

red states rule
08-15-2010, 08:39 AM
this is what started that mess. bet ACON is dancing in the streets.

I work on default issues for one of the worlds biggest home loan servicer. With oabma and libs runnings things work is through the roof

My job is secure for the next copule of years and the Spender in Chief continues to hand out the free money to freeloaders

namvet
08-15-2010, 08:41 AM
I work on default issues for one of the worlds biggest home loan servicer. With oabma and libs runnings things work is through the roof

My job is secure for the next copule of years and the Spender in Chief continues to hand out the free money to freeloaders

free money??? don't forget T you do have friends :laugh2:

red states rule
08-15-2010, 08:44 AM
free money??? don't forget T you do have friends :laugh2:

Just send your request to 100 Pennsylvania Ave

If you want your mortage paid, given the current balance shret and economic future - I would cut thru the red tape and send your note to the Chinese Embassy in DC

namvet
08-15-2010, 08:57 AM
Just send your request to 100 Pennsylvania Ave

If you want your mortage paid, given the current balance shret and economic future - I would cut thru the red tape and send your note to the Chinese Embassy in DC

I qualify !!!!!!!! send money now

red states rule
08-15-2010, 09:00 AM
I qualify !!!!!!!! send money now

Here you go

http://www.ovcart.com/images/inventory/17629.6329.full.jpg

LuvRPgrl
08-15-2010, 06:08 PM
I know some dead guys who will qualify

red states rule
08-16-2010, 03:51 AM
I know some dead guys who will qualify

How about inamtes? They got their share of "stimulus" money

Prisoners cashed in on homebuyer tax credit

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- More than 1,200 prison inmates, including 241 serving life sentences, defrauded the government of $9.1 million in tax credits reserved for first-time homebuyers, according to a Treasury Department report released Wednesday.

Treasury's inspector general also found that thousands of people filed multiple claims or made claims outside the allotted time period. In all, more than $28 million was improperly doled out.

The Internal Revenue Service program at issue is meant to stimulate the housing market by giving tax credits of as much as $8,000 to qualifying first-time home buyers.

"Additional controls are necessary to address erroneous claims for the credit," the report stated. "Further, fraudulent and questionable claims processed prior to implementation of controls will need follow-up action by the IRS."

According to the report, 4,608 state and federal inmates filed for these tax credits, and that fraudulent refunds were doled out to 1,295 of them.

The inspector general's report said the most "egregious" fraudsters were 715 prison lifers, including 174 who filed with the help of paid preparers. From this group, 241 lifers were awarded $1.7 million.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/06/23/real_estate/money_stimulus_fraud/index.htm