PDA

View Full Version : Rightists and Israel

Agnapostate
08-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Rightist support of the state of Israel has puzzled me for a long time. Mass Jewish settlement there represents a form of ethnic irredentism that rightists seem to oppose in other instances, as with Amerindian reclamation of the Western Hemisphere, for example. Israeli politicians’ insistence that they have earned entitlements because Jews underwent mass exterminations in Germany and Poland seems to be the sort of “play the victim” behavior that rightists object to in U.S. racial minorities. Apologists’ frequent claims that opponents of Israeli state policies are anti-Jewish bigots seems to be the infamous “race card” that rightists complain is a hindrance to honest dialogue in the U.S. So what gives?

darin
08-15-2010, 05:12 PM
so...supporting attempts by free people to live in their country without the fear or risk of attack by arab terrorists isn't a good thing?

It's THEIR land - the jews. The arabs there need to back off.

Agnapostate
08-15-2010, 05:16 PM
So can I be a free Indian, living in free Indian land, with you "backing off" to Europe? Or is the difference that that's only in the Mormon Bible or something?

Sweetchuck
08-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Rightists?

Give me a fucking break, don't pin this mess on conservatives. Maybe the moonbats will be blaming the Arab/Israeli conflict on GW next.

Taking one side or another and arguing it is futile, it's pretty fucking complicated. This is a conflict that's been around for centuries and will be around for centuries to come and ain't nobody gonna resolve it.

As a conservative, I have no love for Israel. I'm neither for or against them. I am against Islamic aggression and I do believe that a state has the right to exist in peace. Palestine has had many opportunities to co-exist, they have chosen not to.

Agnapostate
08-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Rightists?

Give me a fucking break, don't pin this mess on conservatives. Maybe the moonbats will be blaming the Arab/Israeli conflict on GW next.

Taking one side or another and arguing it is futile, it's pretty fucking complicated. This is a conflict that's been around for centuries and will be around for centuries to come and ain't nobody gonna resolve it.

As a conservative, I have no love for Israel. I'm neither for or against them. I am against Islamic aggression and I do believe that a state has the right to exist in peace. Palestine has had many opportunities to co-exist, they have chosen not to.

Everyone outside of RevLeft is a rightist to me. Regardless, U.S. consensus politics is squarely behind the Israeli government, without tolerance of deviation in the context of electoral activism. The issue here is inconsistency between application of values in one arena and another.