PDA

View Full Version : too late to strike Iran ???

namvet
08-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Putin and his commies are now in Iran to help them flip the switch on the reactors. have we waited to long???

As Iran, with Russia's help, gets ready to flip the switch on its first nuclear reactor, Washington is engaged in a frenzied debate over whether Israel should consider launching an air attack designed to cripple Tehran's nuclear capabilities.

But key military officials and analysts say Iran has already passed the point where a strike would deal its entire nuclear program a fatal blow. The country might be persuaded to abandon any efforts to build a bomb, they say, but -- like it or not -- Iran is going nuclear. And no number of Israeli F-16s is going to change that.

source (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/19/air-military-strike-delay-stop-irans-nuclear-program-officials-say/)

Gaffer
08-19-2010, 10:57 PM
We know for a fact the dark lord isn't about to order any kind of a strike. Our best hope is, since its russian built and muslim operated, another chernobyl.

Sweetchuck
08-19-2010, 11:09 PM
You can thank GW for this as well as North Korea.

That's what we get for fucking around in Iraq - where we knew there were zero WMD's, zero terrorists.

I was hoping Israel would hit them by the end of the week. This is an issue that is beyond BO's competence.

Mr. P
08-20-2010, 12:43 AM
We know for a fact the dark lord isn't about to order any kind of a strike. Our best hope is, since its russian built and muslim operated, another chernobyl.
Yeah, you outta try an teach them rag-heads to fly a helicopter from A to B without seeing the ground !!!!
Now a Nuke plant..Oh My!!

Gaffer
08-20-2010, 07:57 AM
Yeah, you outta try an teach them rag-heads to fly a helicopter from A to B without seeing the ground !!!!

I'm familiar with training ragheads from back in the 70's. They don't and can't build anything. All they do is buy things someone else developed and learn to use it. Usually not well. Unless the russians keep advisors there and run things themselves a melt down at that plant is a sure thing within a short time.

Little-Acorn
08-20-2010, 10:25 AM
But key military officials and analysts say Iran has already passed the point where a strike would deal its entire nuclear program a fatal blow.
Did I miss the new section in the rule book that said Israel was only allowed one strike?

The country might be persuaded to abandon any efforts to build a bomb,
Why I saw that sentence, I knew I was reading the kind of ludicrous wishful thinking that has started some of the largest, most bloody wars in human history. Or at least allowed the bad guys to do more and more until THEY managed to start a war.

How did this ignoramous manage to get published?

Iran is going nuclear. And no number of Israeli F-16s is going to change that.
More wishful thinking. Or did that same section of the rule book also state that Israel (perhaps with a little help from its friends) was only allowed to use F-16s?

When people have no idea what they're talking about, any actions - and any restrictions - become possible, in their minds.

Little-Acorn
08-20-2010, 10:57 AM
BTW, one of the major concerns seems to be that, if Israel destroys the reactor after it's been fueled, radioactive material may escape and contaminate Iran's territory.

Sounds to me like that's Iran's problem, not Israel's.

Play with fire and you might get burned.

namvet
08-20-2010, 11:13 AM
for years ive been hoping Iran would implode with revolution. but not yet. instead it may very well explode. I think Israel is running out of time here now to make a decision to strike. and now with Russians in the pic Putin seems to be daring them to strike, which will probably destabilize the entire region.

Is Iran’s Day Of Reckoning Within Sight?

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=38622

Little-Acorn
08-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Recall that during Gulf War II (actually Gulf War I Continued), U.S. B-2 bombers took off from their home base in Kansas, flew nonstop to Iraq refuelling several times in midair, dropped heavy bomb loads, and flew all the way back to Kansas. Iraq had no idea they were coming, and even when the planes were approaching the target, Iraq had no idea they were there. When the bombs hit the targets, many Iraqis at the scene thought they were internal explosions, either caused by accidents or by sabotage by personnel at the facilities. Even after the planes returned to Kansas, Iraq had no evidence they'd been attacked, aside from the massive damage to the buildings themselves.

Fast forward to late August, 2010. Israeli aircraft fly to Bushehr and drop bombs on the reactor site. Within minutes, a number of large underground explosions devastate the various nuclear reactors, research facilities, and storage facilities of Iran's nuclear program in the area. A few Israeli planes are shot down, the rest fly successfully back to Israel where they receive a hero's welcome.

In ensuing days, Iranian military officials examine the damage, which is extensive, and conclude that their nuclear facilities are completely destroyed, setting their nuclear-weapons program back at least ten years. While venting enraged rhetoric upon the Israelis, they being wondering how Israel's relatively small aircraft, stripped to the bone and carrying all the fuel they could, could simultaneously carry weapons that inflicted that much damage. They begin accusing the United States of pulling a Gulf-War-Like stunt with its B-2 bombers again, timing a long-range raid from Kansas to hit the reactor sites at the same time the Israelis were dropping their own bombs.

The United states responds with astonishment. "What B-2 raids? What are you taking about? We never did any such thing to you. All our B-2s are sitting on the ground in their hangars in Kansas, where they've been for weeks. We've done no long-range raids, dropped no bombs, we had nothing to do with the damage to your facilities. We fly regular training missions here within our own borders, of course, but never anything like what you're talking about.

"By the way, Iran, do you have the slightest evidence that we did anything at all? Any radar tracks of aircraft coming into your country? Oh, that's right, B-2s are stealthy and your pissant radars would never see them. Any bomb fragments that could be identified as ours? Oh yes, we've been selling such weapons to Israel for years, that's public knowledge. So any you find, must have come from Israel. Any sightings by your own aircraft of planes other that Israel's? Hmmm, you barely got off the ground before the raid was over.

"Gee, I guess you haven't the slightest evidence of any U.S. involvement. So, I suggest you pull in your horns, quit announcing you wanted to 'wipe Israel off the map', stop developing nuclear weapons, and call it a day. Have a nice day, in'shAlla."

Plausible?

LiberalNation
08-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Don't see it happening. People have been saying Israel would bomb Iran for years but nada. Israel would have a lot to lose from an unprovoked bombing run.

namvet
08-20-2010, 11:57 AM
BTY the B-2's are stationed in Missouri

Little-Acorn
08-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Israel would have a lot to lose from an unprovoked bombing run.

Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor, LN. I nearly spit Coca-cola on my monitor when I saw that one.

Little-Acorn
08-20-2010, 12:14 PM
BTY the B-2's are stationed in Missouri

Same thing. :poke:

darin
08-20-2010, 07:05 PM
I bet LN would feel SORRY for Iran if their BS was called-out. She'd probably ROOT for Iran to win!

LiberalNation
08-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor, LN. I nearly spit Coca-cola on my monitor when I saw that one.

cuz clearly when Israel built nuke plants Iran should have attacked them and would have been right in doing so.

Little-Acorn
08-20-2010, 10:08 PM
cuz clearly when Israel built nuke plants Iran should have attacked them and would have been right in doing so.

(sigh) OK, how many times has Israel announced they want to wipe Iran off the map.... how much terrorism has Israel exported all over the globe...

Oh, what's the use, pearls to swine....

Kathianne
08-21-2010, 09:30 AM

How many nuclear power plants does Israel have?

LiberalNation
08-21-2010, 09:31 AM
dunno but they have nukes and should have been bombed while acquiring them by your guys criteria.

Kathianne
08-21-2010, 09:33 AM
dunno but they have nukes and should have been bombed while acquiring them by your guys criteria.

They have 0 nuclear power plants. When have they said they have nuclear weapons?

revelarts
08-21-2010, 09:47 AM
Sooo, when Iran gets Nukes , it's going too blow up Israel? is that their plan? or will they take their hand full of Nukes and strike a city in the U.S. 1st? them they'll come and finish us off? When they have 1 nuke maybe 2 nukes we are done for, right? As long as the Russians are there to help them them to use it that is. Because they can't build or handle the nukes or even a helicopter but they can kill us ALL if they get a few nukes. There evil genius will over come Israel's and the U.S.'s combined forces in a matter of hours once they have a nuke.
that's what you folks are telling me here?

darin
08-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Talk about shock and awe....If we let Israel off its leash, there'd be no/little Muslim Terrorist problem.

namvet
08-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Talk about shock and awe....If we let Israel off its leash, there'd be no/little Muslim Terrorist problem.

when i comes to their national security they have no leash. ours is the UN. again

LiberalNation
08-21-2010, 06:11 PM
They have 0 nuclear power plants. When have they said they have nuclear weapons?

so you don't believe Israel has nukes?

Gaffer
08-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Sooo, when Iran gets Nukes , it's going too blow up Israel? is that their plan? or will they take their hand full of Nukes and strike a city in the U.S. 1st? them they'll come and finish us off? When they have 1 nuke maybe 2 nukes we are done for, right? As long as the Russians are there to help them them to use it that is. Because they can't build or handle the nukes or even a helicopter but they can kill us ALL if they get a few nukes. There evil genius will over come Israel's and the U.S.'s combined forces in a matter of hours once they have a nuke.
that's what you folks are telling me here?

If they have one or maybe two and decide to strike the US instead of Israel, it's no big deal right? Not to worry, unless you happen to live in the city they hit.

They won't overcome anyone. But they can do a lot of damage and cause a lot of misery with just one bomb. And putin is just there for the money. He could care less about human suffering or death. After all he was paling around with saddam for years.

Agnapostate
08-23-2010, 03:31 PM
The Iranian government has the right to develop nuclear power under the terms of the Non-Proliferation Treaty. It would also not be overwhelmingly negative for them to acquire nuclear weaponry. The region needs a counterbalance to the power of the Israeli and Saudi governments.

Iranians are generally Persians, not Arabs. Don't you ever know what you're talking about?

I'm familiar with training ragheads from back in the 70's. They don't and can't build anything. All they do is buy things someone else developed and learn to use it. Usually not well.

Are you talking about Arabs as a whole? Europe would have been bereft of many facets of science, mathematics, and medicine without their contributions.

This can't really be made to not exist:

http://theangloamerican.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/dimona-israel-nuclear.jpg

pete311
08-23-2010, 03:55 PM
It would also not be overwhelmingly negative for them to acquire nuclear weaponry. The region needs a counterbalance to the power of the Israeli and Saudi governments.

Any socially dark age country that treats their women like cattle are not ready for nukes. America can counterbalance saudi by finding alternative energy sources.

Kathianne
08-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Any socially dark age country that treats their women like cattle are not ready for nukes.

So which are the 'dark age countries'?

pete311
08-23-2010, 04:04 PM

in the middle east it is primarily iran, yemen and saudi arabia. tribal regions of iraq and afganistan also.

Kathianne
08-23-2010, 04:52 PM
in the middle east it is primarily iran, yemen and saudi arabia. tribal regions of iraq and afganistan also.

Your rationale to naming them?

pete311
08-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Your rationale to naming them?

in reference to womens rights

Little-Acorn
08-23-2010, 06:30 PM

One definition I've heard: Any country where most of the population doesn't have indoor plumbing.

Another definition: Any country where most people use their left hand to... well, that's why they don't need indoor plumbing.
:coffee:

Agnapostate
08-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Any socially dark age country that treats their women like cattle are not ready for nukes. America can counterbalance saudi by finding alternative energy sources.

The domestic sex relations in Iran are relatively mild compared to some other Arab and African Muslim countries, such as Saudi Arabia or Somalia, and even the Pashtun regions of Afghanistan controlled by the Taliban. And internal domestic structures have no necessary relation to foreign relations. While the U.S. is internally democratic, for example, numerous regimes have supported authoritarian dictatorships in other countries, using intelligence personnel to assist in coups against democratically elected governments.

Outright U.S. governmental armament of Iranian nuclear capabilities wouldn't be completely unprecedented, and would be somewhat comparable to the Reagan administration's sale of AWACS aircraft to the Saudi government despite the fact that there were ongoing hostilities between that group and the Israeli government, or the ongoing financial support of the Hosni Mubarak government in Egypt despite the fact that Mubarak is a dictator and his forces human rights offenders.