PDA

View Full Version : They grow up too quick

Trinity
08-20-2010, 06:28 AM
Well now I'm sad I just sent my 11 year old off on his first day at middle school and my 14 year old starts his first day of high school on Monday. Can I rewind back to 3 and 1 year old please?!

krisy
08-20-2010, 12:04 PM
I feel your pain! Jacob is now old enough to get his temps!! (doesn't mean it happen:) right now tho:coffee:

Savannah is starting 4th grade..

Mr. P
08-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Oh, Moooommmmmm !! :laugh:

Trigg
08-20-2010, 03:34 PM
it's awful isn't it.......my oldest is now a senior. I can't believe how fast the years have flown.

Luckily I still have one in 3rd grade.

Trinity
08-21-2010, 08:42 AM
I feel your pain! Jacob is now old enough to get his temps!! (doesn't mean it happen:) right now tho:coffee:

Savannah is starting 4th grade..

Yeah the other day William and I were discussing that to, he only has about a year left and he can get his temps. According to him he said his father is paying for driving school so he can get his license as soon as he turns 16. I'm not sure how I feel about that...I think I would rather him wait till he's 18.

krisy
08-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Yeah the other day William and I were discussing that to, he only has about a year left and he can get his temps. According to him he said his father is paying for driving school so he can get his license as soon as he turns 16. I'm not sure how I feel about that...I think I would rather him wait till he's 18.

For sure! i don't want Jacob driving at 16,I allready told him that. We are going to take it very slow.

LiberalNation
08-21-2010, 11:27 AM
only an asshole of a parent would keep their kid from getting their license at 16 if they could.

Mr. P
08-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Only a whiny, spoiled, immature brat would think such a thing. Yer gonna LOVE basic training. :laugh:

LiberalNation
08-21-2010, 11:53 AM
No any decent human would think the same thing.

A lot of people said basic was pretty fun after the first 2 weeks. I'm hoping I will.

Trigg
08-21-2010, 11:58 AM
only an asshole of a parent would keep their kid from getting their license at 16 if they could.

Only a parent who cared about the safety and wellbeing of their child would make SURE they were ready for the responsibility of driving a vehicle before handing them the keys.

Many 16yr olds are NOT READY for the responsibility of handling a 4000 pound vehicle moving at 60mph.
I'm one of those asshole parents that made DAMN SURE my son was ready for that responsibility. I would rather make him wait then scrape him up from the road side.

LiberalNation
08-21-2010, 11:59 AM
translation, I want to control my kid and keep them from getting any independence from me. State says you’re good at 16 and you are.

Trigg
08-21-2010, 12:06 PM
translation, I want to control my kid and keep them from getting any independence from me. State says you’re good at 16 and you are.

Translation I would rather my child learn how to be a good driver so I don't have to pay for a funeral. Just because the law says they're ready doesn't mean they are.

My son is now 17 and a very safe driver, unlike some of his friends.

Take the time to review the mortality rates by age of driver. This has nothing to do with control and everthing with making sure kids are safe and know what they are doing in EVERY driving situation.

Some 16yr olds are ready for the responsibility and some aren't.

LiberalNation
08-21-2010, 12:19 PM
My son is now 17 and a very safe driver, unlike some of his friends.

You really wouldn't know if you aren't with him all the time he is driving.

Trigg
08-21-2010, 12:47 PM
You really wouldn't know if you aren't with him all the time he is driving.

I know he hasn't gotten any speeding tickets and hasn't wrecked his car. I also know how he drives when he's with his sister or brother.

LiberalNation
08-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Never got a speeding ticket either. Doesn't mean I don't go 90 in a 65 zone.

Nukeman
08-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Never got a speeding ticket either. Doesn't mean I don't go 90 in a 65 zone.

Well if he had a truck that would do 90 you might have a point but since his truck is a 93 ranger 4 popper with a 5 speed I really am not that worried about that.

I would also like to add that OUR children have this little thing called integrety, honesty, and INTELLIGENCE (that tells them 90 is not a safe speed).

I would expect nothing less from you LN than breaking the law, since for you it is whatever feels good I should be able to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krisy
08-21-2010, 04:03 PM

I would add to that only an asshole of a kid would talk about parenting decisions when they aren't a parent. (this means you)

I realise you do know everything,but I have to ask,did you know that a 16 year old's brain is NOT the same as an adults. Rational thinking is not fully developed.Have you seen the statistics of accidents among 16 year olds?!!!

krisy
08-21-2010, 04:11 PM

Funny, the state is o.k. when it comes to deciding when children should drive,but they suck when it comes to decisions you don't agree with,like, not being able to marrying your gal pal.

Trinity
08-21-2010, 04:54 PM

State says....hmmm last time I checked state wasn't paying my bills nor supporting my child looks like parental rights trump state.

hjmick
08-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Some days they just can't grow up fast enough...

LiberalNation
08-21-2010, 05:55 PM
(that tells them 90 is not a safe speed).

I would expect nothing less from you LN than breaking the law, since for you it is whatever feels good I should be able to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see 90 as any less safe than 65 on an open freeway. Also against speed limits on freeways.

LiberalNation
08-21-2010, 05:56 PM
State says....hmmm last time I checked state wasn't paying my bills nor supporting my child looks like parental rights trump state.

Maybe, doesn't make the parent any less of an asshole.

Takes a real darwin award winner not to be able to drive a car at 16. Most people would do just fine starting at 14.

LiberalNation
08-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Funny, the state is o.k. when it comes to deciding when children should drive,but they suck when it comes to decisions you don't agree with,like, not being able to marrying your gal pal.

True I should be able to marry my girlfriend in all 50 states and I'm guessing before I'm dead I will be able to.

krisy
08-21-2010, 06:08 PM
True I should be able to marry my girlfriend in all 50 states and I'm guessing before I'm dead I will be able to.

Well,what the state says must always be right....right?

LiberalNation
08-21-2010, 06:10 PM
nope, not even in the case of when they allow teenagers to drive. Like I said, I think it should be younger than 16.

Gaffer
08-21-2010, 07:05 PM
My father had a standing rule about driving. You could get your license when you could pay for your insurance. Not until then.

-Cp
08-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Well now I'm sad I just sent my 11 year old off on his first day at middle school and my 14 year old starts his first day of high school on Monday. Can I rewind back to 3 and 1 year old please?!

For some folks, they don't grow-up fast enough..