PDA

View Full Version : Bats in my Attic !

Mr. P
08-20-2010, 02:11 PM
NO, not THAT attic! The one in the house. Have any of you ever had this problem? How did you get rid of em? It's illegal to kill em here which I wouldn't want to do unless it's the last restore.

LiberalNation
08-20-2010, 02:18 PM
call billy the exterminator.

Sweetchuck
08-20-2010, 04:34 PM
It's illegal to kill bats if they've infested your belfry?

You fucking kidding me? If you can't kill them, I'd call your city or boro office and have them come out and remove them. They might provide that service.

krisy
08-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Our old neighbors across the street had a problem...it wasn't good because we are in cape cods so attics/bedrooms are upstairs "hooked" together. They has to call an exterminator to get rid of them.

Funny story,we were laying in bed one night and I swore I saw something fly by,but of course I blew it off. A few seconds later,my husband informs me.."I think there is a bat in here". I don't think I have ever moved so damn fast!!! Over my husband and down the stairs lol.
He decided to try and get it to fly out the window and eventually thought he did. He yells down to me all is clear and lays down on the bed propping his head up with his arm,laying on his side. Next thing I hear is thump,thump thump all over upstairs!!! He comes flying down the steps and tells me that when he layed down on the bed,he heard a loud "squeak". He apparently didn't get the bat out and cozied up in bed with it.:laugh: One of the funniest things I have ever seen/heard. Him running around upstairs,all the thumping!!!!

hjmick
08-20-2010, 11:31 PM
We used to get bats at my grandmother's house in Chillicothe. Chased 'em out with brooms. Exciting times...

SassyLady
08-21-2010, 01:38 AM
Find the entry point, seal it up during the night when they are out feeding.

Gaffer
08-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Mothballs. Place moth balls in open containers around the attic. Bats can't take the smell and will leave.