PDA

View Full Version : Now you too can be a professional illiterate: Justice Dept to hire "Ebonics experts"

Little-Acorn
08-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Ebonics is, of course, what the government calls it when some black people can't speak coherent English, even when they were born in the U.S. and English is their native language.

Now you can make money from their illiteracy! The government will pay you to tell Uncle Sam what those black people mean by "I want to axe you a question" or "Where you is" or etc. that the govt has picked up in wiretaps.

The black people in question are probably getting quite a laugh out of all this. After all, they've been carefully cultivating this "black accent" for a couple generations now, in part for group identification and in part to tweak silly white people. Clearly, it's working.

How many of these English-deficient blacks know the real origins of this so-called "black speak", do you suppose? It was originally the way that semi-illiterage people in southern England spoke in the 1500s and 1600s. Yes, white people (sorry, Caucasians, got to be politically correct here. Or do I? Screw it. White people. None of them are from the central mountains in Russia that I know of). People so miserable that they couldn't pay their rent (just or unjust), and got thrown out (or they ran out ahead of the posse) of their countries and wound up in America, and settled in the Deep South around that time.

And black people (mostly slaves, but some free) who were born there or brought there and tried to learn English, had no one to learn it from except these fairly stupid, functionally illiterate white people... and so they did. The people they learned form weren't the educated, cultured people who wrote books, ran governments, invented cotton gins and peanut products, etc. These were the dregs, who remained poor even in a land of plenty, let their fields go fallow while others prospered, spent more time drinking and fighting that working, and couldn't be counted on to even return a favor. That broken, illiterate dialect they learned from those crackers is what is now called "Ebonics", as though it originated with black people, even though it didn't.

Anyway, now you can make some money, telling the government what black people are saying when they imitate the disfunctional talk of miserable white slaveowners and their functionally-illiterate white cracker neighbors from the 1600s.

---------------------------------

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/justice-department-seeks-ebonics-experts

DOCUMENT: Bizarre
Justice Department Seeks Ebonics Experts
DEA wants “Black English” linguists to decipher bugged calls

AUGUST 23--The Department of Justice is seeking to hire linguists fluent in Ebonics to help monitor, translate, and transcribe the secretly recorded conversations of subjects of narcotics investigations, according to federal records.

A maximum of nine Ebonics experts will work with the Drug Enforcement Administration’s Atlanta field division, where the linguists, after obtaining a “DEA Sensitive” security clearance, will help investigators decipher the results of “telephonic monitoring of court ordered nonconsensual intercepts, consensual listening devices, and other media”

The DEA’s need for full-time linguists specializing in Ebonics is detailed in bid documents related to the agency’s mid-May issuance of a request for proposal (RFP) covering the provision of as many as 2100 linguists for the drug agency’s various field offices. Answers to the proposal were due from contractors on July 29.

In contract documents, which are excerpted here, Ebonics is listed among 114 languages for which prospective contractors must be able to provide linguists. The 114 languages are divided between “common languages” and “exotic languages.” Ebonics is listed as a “common language” spoken solely in the United States.

Gaffer
08-23-2010, 03:35 PM
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Insein
08-23-2010, 09:51 PM
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

I thought the saying went: You get more with a kind word and a gun, than you do with just a kind word.

sybarite
08-23-2010, 09:58 PM
I's jus don git it! Jus cause yous don understan reglar english, don mean we's has to try to make yous understan what we say. I's kin axe you an axe you, but yous still don git it! Sheesh, learn what we's sayin. :cool::laugh:

Missileman
08-23-2010, 10:16 PM
It at least appears that these applicants will be able to communicate in proper English, unless they are planning to translate ebonics into ebonics.

Sweetchuck
08-23-2010, 11:54 PM
... "press 14 for gangsta"

darin
08-24-2010, 05:42 AM
I couldn't read the article until I translated into my mother-tongue.

DEA wants “Black English” linguists ta decipher bugged calls

AUGUST 23--The Department o' Justice iz seeking ta hire linguists fluent in Ebonics ta he`p monitor, translate, an' transcribe da secretly recorded conversations o' subjects o' narcotics investigations, according ta federal records.

A maximum o' nine Ebonics experts will werk wiff da Drug Enforcement Administration’s Atlanta field division, where da linguists, afta obtaining uh “DEA Sensitive” security clearance, will he`p investigators decipher da results o' “telephonic monitoring o' court ordered nonconsensual intercepts, consensual listening devices, an' other media”

The DEA’s need fo' full-time linguists specializing in Ebonics iz detailed in bid documents related ta da agency’s mid-May issuance o' uh request fo' proposal (RFP) covering da provision o' as many as 2100 linguists fo' da drug agency’s various field offices. Answers ta da proposal wuz due from contractors on July 29.

In contract documents, which iz excerpted here, Ebonics iz listed among 114 languages fo' which prospective contractors mus' be able ta provide linguists. The 114 languages iz divided between “common languages” an' “exotic languages.” Ebonics iz listed as uh “common language” spoken solely in da United States. you know das right! Shit....

Gaffer
08-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Does the sentence "Excuse me sir, I speak jive" come to anyone else's mind here. Think Airplane for a clue.

krisy
08-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Does the sentence "Excuse me sir, I speak jive" come to anyone else's mind here. Think Airplane for a clue.

:clap: That is one of my favorite movies. That was June Cleaver!

I have to admit,I laughed when I read this ebonics story. I guess its not funny that they have to do this,but just so stupid!!!

KarlMarx
08-24-2010, 03:22 PM
It's the Ebonic Plague