PDA

View Full Version : Stuff I agree with conservatives on

Palin Rider
08-24-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm posting this list by popular demand. These are just some of my opinions, so I won't defend them collectively here. If you want to discuss one, start a single-topic thread, thanks.

1. Abortion. A fertilized egg inside a uterus is a human, IMO, and aborting it is homicide. Although there are rare situations where homicide is justifiable, personal convenience isn’t one of them.

2. Close the land border with Mexico, wall it off, and militarize it. Keep air traffic and passenger ferry service between the U.S. and Mexico, however. This will cut down drug and immigrant trafficking to tiny fractions of what they are today.

3. I opposed the bailout of investment banks and auto manufacturers.

4. I support educational vouchers, as long as they don’t apply to religious schools (IMO that would be a First Amendment violation).

5. I support a defense policy that makes sure our armed forces stay modern and adaptable.

:salute:

Sweetchuck
08-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Agreed other than the vouchers comment and bailouts.

I understand your Constitutional issue with vouchers and religious schools, but I think it's a good compromise.

Bailouts - the only major problem I have with them is the intent to use bailouts, stimulus funds, etc. for control purposes.

Trigg
08-24-2010, 05:54 PM
I agree with everything except the stance on abortion.

I think it should be legal, so that it stays safe and we don't return to back ally abortions.

HogTrash
08-24-2010, 06:34 PM
I don't understand how education vouchers to nonprofit religious schools are a First Amendment violation, so I disagree.

PS; I would also like to know if you consider Sarah Palin to be UN-intelligent and if so, on what do you base your opinion?

Sweetchuck
08-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Tax dollars to promote religious ideology. I completely understand the issue and it's a valid point, but I think it's a great compromise to teaching (or not teaching) religious ideology in public schools.

KarlMarx
08-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Tax dollars to promote religious ideology. I completely understand the issue and it's a valid point, but I think it's a great compromise to teaching (or not teaching) religious ideology in public schools.
Where does the Constitution grant the right to the government to stick its nose into what is taught in school?

Isn't that a decision best left to the communities where the children live rather than by a bureaucrat or a judge?

Palin Rider
08-24-2010, 07:26 PM
PS; I would also like to know if you consider Sarah Palin to be UN-intelligent and if so, on what do you base your opinion?

Yes, based on her famous interview by Katie Couric and on several less-famous interviews. The woman gets lost and tangled in her own thoughts.

Sweetchuck
08-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Where does the Constitution grant the right to the government to stick its nose into what is taught in school?

Isn't that a decision best left to the communities where the children live rather than by a bureaucrat or a judge?

Sure, but funding religious education with tax dollars (or in lieu of tax dollars) is problematic.

Let me put it in conservative-speak. What if Muhammad the American citizen/terrorist wanted to use vouchers to put his "kids" through Islamic schools? You ok with that?

Imagine - terrorist training camps funded with voucher dollars.

No doubt you're ok with it if they're Christian.

HogTrash
08-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Yes, based on her famous interview by Katie Couric and on several less-famous interviews. The woman gets lost and tangled in her own thoughts.Do you think it's possible that maybe you want her to fail so badly that you look for instances of her getting "lost and tangled in her own thoughts"?

Or do you think it's possible that a biased media may have used deception to enfluence your opinions of her?...After all, the mainstream media plays up every word she says?

I've seen '58 state' Obama stumble and make some pretty dumb statements without ever even being subjected to a hostile interviewer and never a word about it from the MSM?

By the way, were you aware that many Americans actually thought Palin claimed she could see Russia from her house because of a Saturday Night Live skit?...Seriously?

But, I'm sure a well informed fellow like yourself is way too smart to be manipulated by a media who is trying to enfluence your vote with biased reporting and character assassination.

After all, just because Palin was a popular state governor doesn't mean she isn't dumb as a box of hammers?...I'll bet you're amazed she can feed, bath and clothe herself without government assistance.

Talk about somebody "getting lost and tangled in their own thoughts", have you ever seen Obama try to talk without a teleprompter?...Now that's something that'll put ya in stitches! :laugh:

Palin Rider
08-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Do you think it's possible that maybe you want her to fail so badly that you look for instances of her getting "lost and tangled in her own thoughts"?

Or do you think it's possible that a biased media may have used deception to enfluence your opinions of her?...After all, the mainstream media plays up every word she says?

I've seen '58 state' Obama stumble and make some pretty dumb statements without ever even being subjected to a hostile interviewer and never a word about it from the MSM?

By the way, were you aware that many Americans actually thought Palin claimed she could see Russia from her house because of a Saturday Night Live skit?...Seriously?

I'm glad you brought up Saturday Night Live. The clip below shows some of their parody of the Couric interview, immediately followed by the real thing. Notice that Tina Fey almost followed the transcript directly!
:laugh: :thumb:

BE2gE-VVjBI

KarlMarx
08-25-2010, 04:50 AM
Sure, but funding religious education with tax dollars (or in lieu of tax dollars) is problematic.

Let me put it in conservative-speak. What if Muhammad the American citizen/terrorist wanted to use vouchers to put his "kids" through Islamic schools? You ok with that?

Imagine - terrorist training camps funded with voucher dollars.

No doubt you're ok with it if they're Christian.
Christianity does not teach us to the spread of the Gospel by violent means. If it had, then the Apostles were going about it all wrong.

Am I OK with funding a school that advocates the violent overthrow of the government and attaining its goals through violent means? No, of course not.

Am I OK with funding a school that teaches children of a predominantly Arabic community the teachings of Mohammad and preparing those children to assimilate to American culture and live in a free American society? Yes, I think that's OK.

darin
08-25-2010, 05:04 AM
As an aside, our tax dollars fund religious education by the hundreds of millions/Billions? (over time).

First - My kids were taught about the religions of Global Warming (Takes huge amounts of faith, fights off science with logical fallacy, has dogma) and Darwinism (takes huge amounts of faith, fights off science with logical fallacy, has dogma) at a public school. They will also face indoctrination into other faiths such as The Gay Agenda (Faith people are victims of their desires/inclinations, fights off science with logical fallacy, has dogma).

Second - http://www.chapnet.army.mil/

http://www.history.com/images/media/slideshow/vietnam-war/soldiers-pray-with-army-chaplain-vietnam.jpg

PostmodernProphet
08-25-2010, 07:27 AM
4. I support educational vouchers, as long as they don’t apply to religious schools (IMO that would be a First Amendment violation).

vouchers go to parents, not to schools.....what you are claiming isn't separation of church and state, it's separation of state and the religious.....and that's NOT in the constitution.....

Palin Rider
08-25-2010, 01:12 PM
vouchers go to parents, not to schools.....what you are claiming isn't separation of church and state, it's separation of state and the religious.....and that's NOT in the constitution.....

I said in the OP that I wasn't going to debate these points here. Now go start a new thread (if you dare!)

Sweetchuck
08-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Christianity does not teach us to the spread of the Gospel by violent means. If it had, then the Apostles were going about it all wrong.

Am I OK with funding a school that advocates the violent overthrow of the government and attaining its goals through violent means? No, of course not.

Am I OK with funding a school that teaches children of a predominantly Arabic community the teachings of Mohammad and preparing those children to assimilate to American culture and live in a free American society? Yes, I think that's OK.

Point is, it's not as cut and dry as you like to paint it which is why some smart people decided that keeping ALL religious issues out of politics is the only solution.

Pagan
08-29-2010, 08:36 AM

You're correct. If a parent chooses to send them to a religious school, home school or what ever it's their choice.

Vouchers are great, it allows the Parent to school their Children in the manner of their choosing. That is as long as they maintain their proficiency in Reading, Writing, Science which IMO Public Schools fail miserably.

No Constitutional violation here, not even close.

HogTrash
08-30-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm glad you brought up Saturday Night Live. The clip below shows some of their parody of the Couric interview, immediately followed by the real thing. Notice that Tina Fey almost followed the transcript directly!

BE2gE-VVjBIIs that really what you hear?...Hmmm?...I wonder who put this together?

Snipped, clipped and spliced together so you hear what you're supposed to.

You do not seek the truth, but only confirmation of what you already believe.

Palin Rider
08-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Is that really what you hear?...Hmmm?...I wonder who put this together?

Snipped, clipped and spliced together so you hear what you're supposed to.

I saw both the real interview and the SNL skit when each originally aired. Neither one of them has been edited in this clip.

Whether you like Palin or not, this was a comedy masterpiece.

HogTrash
08-30-2010, 11:57 AM
I saw both the real interview and the SNL skit when each originally aired. Neither one of them has been edited in this clip.

Whether you like Palin or not, this was a comedy masterpiece.It appears that you allow biased comedy as well as biased jounalism to influence your political opinions.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Pagan
08-30-2010, 12:08 PM

Whether you like Palin or not, this was a comedy masterpiece.

Yeah Palin is a piece of work isn't she? I honestly cannot explain the fascination with this ignorant Bimbo other than it shows the quality of voters in this country.

HogTrash
08-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Yes, based on her famous interview by Katie Couric and on several less-famous interviews. The woman gets lost and tangled in her own thoughts.
BE2gE-VVjBI

Oh Yea!...I get it now!...Comedy!

Did somebody say; [The woman gets lost and tangled in her own thoughts?]

Here's a great "skit".....An Obama original...LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU&feature=player_embedded

Palin Rider
08-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Oh Yea!...I get it now!...Comedy!

Did somebody say; [The woman gets lost and tangled in her own thoughts?]

Here's a great "skit".....An Obama original...LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU&feature=player_embedded

I'll grant that this one's kind of funny, but come on . . . there's really no comparison.

Obama knew he was sleep-deprived, and he was willing to laugh at himself when he stumbled. Palin, OTOH, doesn't have the first freaking clue how incoherent her sentences are. That's what's so funny (and scary) about her.

Talk about not hearing anything she doesn't want to...

PostmodernProphet
08-31-2010, 05:42 AM
Yeah Palin is a piece of work isn't she? I honestly cannot explain the fascination with this ignorant Bimbo other than it shows the quality of voters in this country.

interesting....that's pretty much how I feel about Obama....

Pagan
08-31-2010, 11:38 AM
interesting....that's pretty much how I feel about Obama....

Like I said, it shows the quality of voters in our Country, they not only elected Clinton and 'Dubya but re-elected them also.

HogTrash
08-31-2010, 12:49 PM
I'll grant that this one's kind of funny, but come on . . . there's really no comparison.

Obama knew he was sleep-deprived, and he was willing to laugh at himself when he stumbled. Palin, OTOH, doesn't have the first freaking clue how incoherent her sentences are. That's what's so funny (and scary) about her.

Talk about not hearing anything she doesn't want to...I don't imagine there has ever been a presidential or vice presidential candidate that did not suffer from sleep deprivation, but I've never seen or heard any of them so badly affected by it as our golden black boy, Obama.

His alies in the media did a damn good job of covering up for his lack of intelligence, and still does...Palin on the other hand, comes across as intelligent and articulate, despite the media's attempts to make her appear otherwise.

Obama's #1 asset is his race...The majority of Americans want the first black president to succeed so badly that they overlook and make excuses for his stupidity...Barack Hussein Obama is a national disaster of epic proportions.

Palin Rider
08-31-2010, 05:22 PM
I don't imagine there has ever been a presidential or vice presidential candidate that did not suffer from sleep deprivation, but I've never seen or heard any of them so badly affected by it as our golden black boy, Obama.

His alies in the media did a damn good job of covering up for his lack of intelligence, and still does...Palin on the other hand, comes across as intelligent and articulate, despite the media's attempts to make her appear otherwise.

Whatever it is you're smoking...I don't want any. :smoke:

HogTrash
08-31-2010, 06:25 PM
Whatever it is you're smoking...I don't want any. :smoke:You are just another one of the many gullible victims of media manipulation.

Do you remember what I told you earlier? You gotta be smarter than your tv.

HogTrash
08-31-2010, 06:36 PM
Whatever it is you're smoking...I don't want any. :smoke:You are just another one of the many gullible victims of media manipulation.

Do you remember what I told you earlier? You gotta be smarter than your tv.

Palin Rider
08-31-2010, 09:06 PM
You are just another one of the many gullible victims of media manipulation.

Or perhaps "You are programmed to attack the messenger because you can't dispute the messege [sic]."

HogTrash
09-01-2010, 03:19 AM
Or perhaps "You are programmed to attack the messenger because you can't dispute the messege [sic]."I'm sure we each have our reasons for our opinions of Obama's intelligence or lack there of.

I base mine on the observation that he has not shown it in any of his decisions or appointments and has never been challenged by the main stream media, but was in fact handled with kid gloves and never properly vetted.

One of the main reasons for my opinion is his total lack of ability to speak without the aide of a teleprompter...I believe an extremely friendly media, expert handlers and modern technology is responsible for the myth of his superior intelligence.

To me it is quite obvious that he is of average intelligence with an above average abundance of charm, which makes him an excellent candidate for a used car salesman, but definately not a president...The American voters have been sold a klunker.

I'm sure there are things which you believe are indications of Obama's 'genius'...Could you tell me of some of his accomplisments that has convinced you of his superior intelligence?

And I never "attacked the messenger", I simply pointed out that you're another one of the millions of victims of media manipulation...It's nothing to be ashamed of, they're quite good at what they do...But for the good of everyone, it's time you start thinking for yourself.

Palin Rider
09-01-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm sure we each have our reasons for our opinions of Obama's intelligence or lack there of.

I base mine on the observation that he has not shown it in any of his decisions or appointments and has never been challenged by the main stream media, but was in fact handled with kid gloves and never properly vetted.

One of the main reasons for my opinion is his total lack of ability to speak without the aide of a teleprompter...I believe an extremely friendly media, expert handlers and modern technology is responsible for the myth of his superior intelligence.

To me it is quite obvious that he is of average intelligence with an above average abundance of charm, which makes him an excellent candidate for a used car salesman, but definately not a president...The American voters have been sold a klunker.

I'm sure there are things which you believe are indications of Obama's 'genius'...Could you tell me of some of his accomplisments that has convinced you of his superior intelligence?

To be perfectly honest, I don't believe that Mr. Obama is any kind of phenomenal genius, either. Most such people have no desire to run for the US presidency, anyhow. :)

While Obama is not the smartest man to have held the office, he's certainly far from the dumbest. He could have run intellectual circles around Reagan (who was definitely of average intelligence with an abundance of charm), and can run intellectual circles around Dubya.

Gaffer
09-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Without his teleprompter the dark lord can't say anything coherent.

Palin Rider
09-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Without his teleprompter the dark lord can't say anything coherent.

For someone at your listening comprehension level, most people can't say anything coherent.