PDA

View Full Version : Gideon Levy

abso
08-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Gideon Levy

Gideon Levy (Hebrew: גדעון לוי‎; born 1953) is an Israeli journalist and editor for the Haaretz newspaper, and is an outspoken and controversial opponent of Israel's policies in the occupied Palestinian territories. Levy's weekly column in Haaretz, "The Twilight Zone", deals with the politically and emotionally charged subject of the hardships of Palestinians living in the West Bank and Gaza, and their conflicts with the Israeli military and Jewish settlers. He has been called everything from a "propagandist for the Hamas" to "this heroic journalist". He has won awards for defending human rights, and has been vilified as a possible security risk by a former cabinet minister.

In addition to his work at Haaretz, Levy has published a book, hosted a television show, and edited or written documentaries and other programs.

Biography (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gideon_Levy#Biography)

Political views

"My modest mission is to prevent a situation in which many Israelis will be able to say, 'We didn't know'," said Levy in an interview. He often criticizes what he describes as Israeli society's "moral blindness" to the effects of its acts of war and occupation in Gaza and the West Bank. He has referred to the construction of settlements on private Palestinian land as "the most criminal enterprise in Israel's history".

He opposed the 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict, and the popular view that civilian casualties in that war were both inevitable and acceptable. He said in 2007 that the plight of Palestinians in the Gaza strip, which was under a strict blockade by Israel, made him ashamed to be an Israeli.

Levy supports unilateral withdrawal from occupied Palestinian territories without demanding concessions. "Israel is not being asked 'to give' anything to the Palestinians; it is only being asked to return - to return their stolen land and restore their trampled self-respect, along with their fundamental human rights and humanity."

Levy wrote that the Gaza War was a complete failure for Israel, and that none of the objectives of the war was achieved. "The conclusion is that Israel is a violent and dangerous country, devoid of all restraints and blatantly ignoring the resolutions of the United Nations Security Council, while not giving a hoot about international law," he wrote in an editorial.

Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gideon_Levy)

"Israel is not being asked 'to give' anything to the Palestinians; it is only being asked to return - to return their stolen land and restore their trampled self-respect, along with their fundamental human rights and humanity."

Gaffer
08-29-2010, 09:47 AM
more propaganda. :laugh:

abso
08-29-2010, 10:16 AM
more propaganda. :laugh:

yup, its propaganda, you really caught me this time, its all a lie, i invented this character, Gideon Levy does not exist, do you feel better now ?

can you now stop responding to my articles if you are not prepared to discuss and engage in a real discussion ?

now you can go and pray that all your dreams will come true and all the muslims will perish from the face of the earth....

Gaffer
08-29-2010, 11:56 AM
yup, its propaganda, you really caught me this time, its all a lie, i invented this character, Gideon Levy does not exist, do you feel better now ?

can you now stop responding to my articles if you are not prepared to discuss and engage in a real discussion ?

now you can go and pray that all your dreams will come true and all the muslims will perish from the face of the earth....

I'm an atheist, I don't pray. Levy is a self hating jew. What is it you want to discuss about him? I don't really pay much attention to people like him as they are contemptible. Your just dogging for examples to support your cause.

abso
08-29-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm an atheist, I don't pray. Levy is a self hating jew. What is it you want to discuss about him? I don't really pay much attention to people like him as they are contemptible. Your just dogging for examples to support your cause.

stop saying self hating jew, thats just an excuse, why cant you understand that he may be seeing something and not agreeing with it, is it wrong to disagree with the israelian violence ???. is that a crime ?, where is the freedom when everyone who disagree with israel is either called a terrorist or called Anti-Semitic, its even a crime in USA, so anyone who hates muslims, like you, is a hero, but anyone who hate or even just disagree with jews or israelians is Anti-Semitic and is a criminal who will go to jail ???????, is this the american freedom ?

Gaffer
08-29-2010, 06:39 PM
stop saying self hating jew, thats just an excuse, why cant you understand that he may be seeing something and not agreeing with it, is it wrong to disagree with the israelian violence ???. is that a crime ?, where is the freedom when everyone who disagree with israel is either called a terrorist or called Anti-Semitic, its even a crime in USA, so anyone who hates muslims, like you, is a hero, but anyone who hate or even just disagree with jews or israelians is Anti-Semitic and is a criminal who will go to jail ???????, is this the american freedom ?

Nope, its not a crime to hate. Anyone can hate anybody or anything they want, and they can express it. There are lots of anti-Semites in this country. For every race and ethnic group there are those that hate them.