PDA

View Full Version : McCain Comeback?

krisy
05-02-2007, 08:23 AM
May 01, 2007

The first signs of the McCain re-surge?

SIMI VALLEY, Calif., -- ARG has new numbers today from the early state troika, Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina, showing McCain ahead in all three.

He' s up by 7 percent over Rudy in Iowa, 5 percent over Romney in New Hampshire and 13 percent over Rudy in South Carolina.

Per pollster Dick Bennett, McCain has gained strength among independents and continues to do well among Republicans.

While the coverage was often unfriendly, keep in mind that McCain has been the subject of story after story in the recent days when the survey was taken.

UPDATE: I should have noted that the poll also has Romney trending up in Iowa (4%) and New Hampshire (7%) from the March survey. Straw poll wins there aside, there doesn't appear to be much movement for Mitt in South Carolina in these numbers.

posted by Jonathan Martin 01:30 PM

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0507/The_first_signs_of_the_McCain_resurge.html

I used to like McCain a lot,but I feel he is too much of a Republicrat now. If he were to get the nomination,I would surely vote for him over Hillary tho. There are a few other candidates I would rather see get the nomination tho.

05-02-2007, 08:29 AM
im not that worried. McCain has burned too many fences. Still better than the Democrat candidates.

Shouldnt this be in the 08 forum though?

krisy
05-02-2007, 08:35 AM
im not that worried. McCain has burned too many fences. Still better than the Democrat candidates.

Shouldnt this be in the 08 forum though?

oops...forgor about that...feel free to move mods!

He is defintely better than a Dem. He's a also a media darling.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-02-2007, 12:19 PM
McCain never left but he doesn't have a ghost of a chance. I hope you all nominate him. Once the public "discovers" he would escalate the war in Iraq, he's toast.

LiberalNation
05-02-2007, 12:58 PM
He wont get the nomination with his more liberal views and hawkish views on an unpopular war the American people no longer want to be in. He'd be a train wreck for the repubs.

Pale Rider
05-02-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm afraid no matter what, Johnny doesn't stand a chance. People see him as being liberal, and a figure of the old status quo.

Not to mention that it's FAR too early to make big deal out of any of this popularity stuff. It doesn't mean squat.

gabosaurus
05-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Plus he would be Swift Boated out of his high chair

Pale Rider
05-02-2007, 02:56 PM

Wha?

gabosaurus
05-02-2007, 03:06 PM
As the GOP taught us with John Kerry, you can't trust Vietnam war veterans to tell the truth about themselves. McCain is probably lying about himself. Unfit For Command and all that...

05-02-2007, 03:12 PM

And what great damning truths are there about him? He actually did serve with honor.

Pale Rider
05-02-2007, 03:15 PM
As the GOP taught us with John Kerry, you can't trust Vietnam war veterans to tell the truth about themselves. McCain is probably lying about himself. Unfit For Command and all that...

He was a prisoner of war in Viet Nam. That's pretty heavy duty. Kind of supports the fact that he WAS in combat, and isn't LYING about it.

The Swift Boat boys would probably SUPPORT McCain.

gabosaurus
05-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Is that all we know? How do we know he "served with honor." Was he captured, or did he give himself and his men up?

Not that I disbelieve McCain. But I also believed Kerry. They think both served with honor.
Unlike Bush, who didn't serve at all.
Or Cheney, who sought and received five deferments. He had "better things to do."

Pale Rider
05-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Is that all we know? How do we know he "served with honor." Was he captured, or did he give himself and his men up?

Not that I disbelieve McCain. But I also believed Kerry. They think both served with honor.
Or Cheney, who sought and received five deferments. He had "better things to do."

McCain was captured, and tortured, for years. What in the hell more do you expect of a veteran? I'd say that deserves ultimate respect.

Kerry blew up a rice boat and got rice in his ass and demanded a purple heart for it. What a frikin' idiot.

I got no love for bush or cheney at this point. Bash 'em all ya want. McCain's got those moron's beat hands down.

gabosaurus
05-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Revisionist history at its finest :lame2:

Pale Rider
05-02-2007, 03:40 PM

Show me what I revised... :dunno:

Gaffer
05-02-2007, 03:43 PM

McCain was shot down over north vietnam. He was serious wounded and was tortured. He was denied medical treatment for his wounds and would have been left to die if it hadn't been discovered his father was an admiral. His disfigured face and walking with a limp are just some of the results of his time in hanoi.

There is no revisionist history involved. Except your own. Your so beneath that man you can walk under his shadow.

05-02-2007, 05:54 PM

So which of Kerry's 5 stories do we believe? Why do we disbelieve the stories of the men who served with him if he cant even figure out which story he wants to stick to?

05-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Show me what I revised... :dunno:

You gave kerry more credit then he deserved?

Kathianne
05-02-2007, 06:09 PM

You are twisted. There is a world of difference between McCain and Kerry, it begins with Vietnam, one was honorable, one less so. To be clear, McCain was honorable.

I don't even like McCain, but his 'entry' speech was awesome!

Pale Rider
05-03-2007, 12:20 AM
You gave kerry more credit then he deserved?

:laugh:

Pale Rider
05-03-2007, 12:23 AM
You are twisted. There is a world of difference between McCain and Kerry, it begins with Vietnam, one was honorable, one less so. To be clear, McCain was honorable.

I don't even like McCain, but his 'entry' speech was awesome!

I really don't think she can help it Kath.... :dunno:

I really don't like McCain either. I won't vote for him either. Even if he's the repub nomination. I'll write my man in... Tom Tancredo. Then I'll be able to sleep at night with a clear conscience that I voted for who I believed in. If everybody did that, we could shake this damn dem/repub status quo bullshit up.