PDA

View Full Version : Obama Iraq speech

MtnBiker
08-31-2010, 06:49 PM
So Obama is going to give an address from the Oval Office this evening. Question, will Obama's approval numbers rise or fall in the days following tonight's address?

I say fall.

Gaffer
08-31-2010, 07:27 PM
I agree.

And nowhere in his speech will he mention victory or mission accomplished. I'm guessing he will blame Bush or the last administration at least 12 times in the speech.

namvet
08-31-2010, 07:47 PM
he's suckin' up. has to. gives Bush a salute so you know it pure bull shit

President Obama praised President Bush's commitment to U.S. troops Tuesday as he announced a close to combat operations in Iraq that Obama said cost America a "huge price."

source (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/31/obama-combat-mission-iraq-ended/)

Palin Rider
08-31-2010, 08:11 PM
So Obama is going to give an address from the Oval Office this evening. Question, will Obama's approval numbers rise or fall in the days following tonight's address?

I say fall.

If he were doing his part to create jobs, it wouldn't matter.

darin
09-01-2010, 05:31 AM
Not face-palm!!

So - it's like this...

BUSH was so wonderfully powerful, Obama cannot yet FIX what "Bush" did to the economy (nevermind Obama and his fellow congressmen voted to DO all that shit)....Yet...OBAMA is so wonderfully perfect it's HIS leadership which has lead to 'success' in Iraq (nevermind Obama did NOT support the policies now in effect).

He's a loser.

CSM
09-01-2010, 05:41 AM
Not face-palm!!

So - it's like this...

BUSH was so wonderfully powerful, Obama cannot yet FIX what "Bush" did to the economy (nevermind Obama and his fellow congressmen voted to DO all that shit)....Yet...OBAMA is so wonderfully perfect it's HIS leadership which has lead to 'success' in Iraq (nevermind Obama did NOT support the policies now in effect).

He's a loser.

More disturbing is that Obama again telegraphs US strategy to the enemy. I am sure the Taliban was elated when they heard that regardless of what happens, US troops will be leaving starting next summer. I bet the Taliban loves Obama's message of "hope and change"!

namvet
09-01-2010, 08:22 AM
Osama has admitted publicly his magic bullets to fix the economy were fakes. so he's been shootin' blanks all along. no kiddin????

Insein
09-01-2010, 09:00 AM
If he were doing his part to create jobs, it wouldn't matter.

Government doesn't create jobs. They can only lessen the burden on the private sector by lowering taxes so that they can create jobs.

darin
09-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Government doesn't create jobs. They can only lessen the burden on the private sector by lowering taxes so that they can create jobs.

Obama can't do that. He's a control freak.

KarlMarx
09-01-2010, 09:55 AM

I say fall.

Isn't this like saying "Mission Accomplished"?

Palin Rider
09-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Not face-palm!!

So - it's like this...

The fact that you seem to believe I'm some kind of Obama-dittohead is reason enough for the face palm.

darin
09-02-2010, 03:53 AM
The fact that you seem to believe I'm some kind of Obama-dittohead is reason enough for the face palm.

The fact you believe I believe you are some kind of Obama-dittohead is reason enough for the face palm.

Palin Rider
09-02-2010, 02:21 PM
The fact you believe I believe you are some kind of Obama-dittohead is reason enough for the face palm.

If you say so... :uhoh:

SassyLady
09-02-2010, 10:29 PM

You're not an Obama-dittohead??? How did we get so far off track on that one? :slap:

Noir
09-03-2010, 06:09 AM
Finally saw the whole speech on the world service, not wonderfully written IMO, tried to tie three threads together that didn't quiet fit.

Anyways, how did the poll ratings go afterwards? Mini bounce I'd expect.

Kathianne
09-03-2010, 06:39 AM
Finally saw the whole speech on the world service, not wonderfully written IMO, tried to tie three threads together that didn't quiet fit.

Anyways, how did the poll ratings go afterwards? Mini bounce I'd expect.

Not much, if any.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

Palin Rider
09-03-2010, 03:04 PM
You're not an Obama-dittohead??? How did we get so far off track on that one? :slap:

Don't blame yourselves. Lots of people get obsessed with me. :laugh:

SassyLady
09-04-2010, 01:58 AM
Don't blame yourselves. Lots of people get obsessed with me. :laugh:

:lalala: