PDA

View Full Version : New Contest

jimnyc
09-04-2010, 09:16 AM
We haven't had a contest in awhile and I thought I could do a "little" to give back to the dedicated community.

This contest will be very simple - Whoever makes the most posts in September will win. I know today is the 4th already, so it will be the posts made thus far this month through the 30th. On 10/1 we will know who won.

1 - I've added a counter feature measuring the posts for any given month or year. At the top of the board, click on "Quick Links" and then the last option under there for "Top Posters of the Month/Year". This way all participants can see how they all fare, total post wise. It's also cool to look over the months and totals to see how things progress. Going by this tool, Palin Rider and Noir are the leaders thus far, with Gaffer and PostmodernProphet right behind them.

2 - I will be monitoring the progress the best I can and will keep an eye out for post whoring and/or stupid posts to just raise one's post count. Hopefully everyone will post normally, and just maybe be a little more involved in an effort to win the contest.

The member with the most posts before October will win $25 via Paypal! I know it's not a fortune, but it's still a fun contest and a little cash on the side for doing what you do already. Maybe I'll update a bit as we go along as a reminder and to add to the fun.

If I'm missing something or if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask here.

Good luck!

darin
09-04-2010, 11:49 AM
I'll add in another $10. :)

Kathianne
09-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Great ideas you guys!

Noir
09-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Got my eyes on you Palin Rider :tank:

Trigg
09-04-2010, 12:47 PM
good luck everyone. I read more than I post so no ones going to have to worry about me winning.

Kathianne
09-04-2010, 12:59 PM
good luck everyone. I read more than I post so no ones going to have to worry about me winning.

Any other time, I could be in the running, but I need to work on applications and cover letters, more than posting.

Palin Rider
09-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Got my eyes on you Palin Rider :tank:

We Yanks already kicked your backsides once. Are you sure you're up for more punishment? :boom2:

jimnyc
09-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Current leaders:

Noir - 82
Palin Rider - 73
Kathianne - 57
Agnopostate - 54
PostmodernProphet - 50

Noir
09-08-2010, 03:50 PM
We Yanks already kicked your backsides once. Are you sure you're up for more punishment? :boom2:

Pfffff, yeah, but y'all didn't half to take on any Norn Irish back then :coffee:

Gaffer
09-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Pfffff, yeah, but y'all didn't half to take on any Norn Irish back then :coffee:

It was all one big norn Irish back then and the brits kinda had there hands full controlling that. What with garrisoning an entire country and dealing with the meddlesome French.

We probably had a few Irish companies in the revolutionary Army at the time. Every country in the world up until about 1930 that fought ever fought the brits had an Irish brigade. Except maybe the Zulu's. :laugh:

Noir
09-08-2010, 06:28 PM
It was all one big norn Irish back then and the brits kinda had there hands full controlling that. What with garrisoning an entire country and dealing with the meddlesome French.

We probably had a few Irish companies in the revolutionary Army at the time. Every country in the world up until about 1930 that fought ever fought the brits had an Irish brigade. Except maybe the Zulu's. :laugh:

Indeedy, well, infact it was just Ireland, and had been since the 17th Century and Ireland was the most Royalist state in the Kingdom. How times change.

jimnyc
09-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Just an Fyi, and something I should have stated from the beginning, this contest is for "regular members" only and staff cannot win. RSR is the front runner, and deserves "kudos" for his participation, but I don't want anyone thinking it was an "inside job" should a staff member win. :)

Noir is in the lead with Palin Rider about 30 posts behind, and mrskurtsprincess only a handful behind him.

Little-Acorn
09-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Posted on 08 Sept 2010:
Current leaders:

Noir - 82
Palin Rider - 73
Kathianne - 57
Agnopostate - 54
PostmodernProphet - 50

They've each put that many posts in four days???

Yeesh! I don't put up that many in a month! :cuckoo:

SassyLady
09-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Posted on 08 Sept 2010:

Well, if I get into a good debate with someone my post count will skyrocket in a day.....and the person I'm debating with .... their post count will also go up. So, when you see a regular's post count go up so fast they are probably engaged in a lively debate .... which is what we want to see around here!!!

Noir
09-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Posted on 08 Sept 2010:

Ohhhhhhh, listen to Mr Fancy pants with his *real life* :laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
09-13-2010, 03:12 PM
lol, I just noticed today we were having a contest....

jimnyc
10-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Congratulations to Noir for winning the contest with 386 posts last month! He was followed by Pagan with 316 & mrskurtsprincess with 279.

Noir - check your PM's.

Noir
10-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Cheers ^__^

I do feel ever so slightly guilty about being gone for like 5 months, then coming back and winning a posting contest xD

darin
10-01-2010, 02:32 PM
need your email address :) PM it.

Trigg
10-01-2010, 03:28 PM
I think Noir cheated.

Kathianne
10-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Noir rocks regarding posting, even if he's always wrong. ;)

Noir
10-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Noir rocks regarding posting, even if he's always wrong. ;)

Naw, not always, see you may be right twice as often, but aslong as I post four times more than ya then I'm still double your rightness over in a month :thumb:

Kathianne
10-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Naw, not always, see you may be right twice as often, but aslong as I post four times more than ya then I'm still double your rightness over in a month :thumb:

LOL! Damn you! I'd like to say that I can post more, because of being without a job, but hell, you're in Europe form, those that believe 'kinder is always better. '

Cut to the chase, we're not in post war WWII. The Euros have argued and put their money there for expenditures for those that work. Over time, the amount of work for time off has decreased to amounts that American business finds laughable.

Until Obama.

Noir
10-01-2010, 05:24 PM
LOL! Damn you! I'd like to say that I can post more, because of being without a job, but hell, you're in Europe form, those that believe 'kinder is always better. '

Cut to the chase, we're not in post war WWII. The Euros have argued and put their money there for expenditures for those that work. Over time, the amount of work for time off has decreased to amounts that American business finds laughable.

Until Obama.

Wells the only reason I can post so much is because of my iPhone, meaning it doesn't matter if I'm in work, on the train, in bed etc I can be online instantly,
Take right now, I'm writting this post while cooking a mans supper xD

I think Noir cheated.

Shocked! Shocked I am that you would suggest such scandal

....so you want a cut?

Kathianne
10-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Wells the only reason I can post so much is because of my iPhone, meaning it doesn't matter if I'm in work, on the train, in bed etc I can be online instantly,

....so you want a cut?
i've no clue to posting from phone.

Truth is, I think tech has outpaced reality.

SassyLady
10-01-2010, 11:10 PM

....so you want a cut?

Seeeeeeee...you did cheat, you post from your phone!!! :laugh2:

Congrats Noir .... couldn't have gone to a nicer young man.

PostmodernProphet
10-02-2010, 09:20 AM
don't consider it a win, Noir....consider it a bribe to keep you around so we have someone besides Bully to insult.....

Trigg
10-02-2010, 10:34 AM

....so you want a cut?

See he did cheat!!!!!! He's offering me a bribe to keep quiet!!!!!

Where the heck are the administrators when you need them??? They should be clamping down on things like this!!

Palin Rider
10-03-2010, 03:14 PM
i've no clue to posting from phone.

Truth is, I think tech has outpaced reality.

I like being able to surf the web from my phone when or if I really need to.

Still, it's murder on the eyes and I hate that tiny keyboard.