PDA

View Full Version : Real solutions.....

LuvRPgrl
09-04-2010, 04:13 PM
iS THERE A thread or location on this website where it can be discussed with the intent of sharing real ideas to try and solve real problems instead of the usual conservatives shooting down idiotic ideas of the liberals, and the liberals firing back with emotional responses...?

Ron-not a female :)

Sweetchuck
09-04-2010, 09:11 PM
No.

09-04-2010, 09:58 PM
What problems do you want solved?

Sweetchuck
09-04-2010, 10:36 PM
That reminds me of a joke...

This old guy is walking down the beach and stumbles over something. Picking it up and wiping it off, he finds it's a brass lamp and suddenly a genie appears and says "for freeing me from that lamp, I will grant you one wish".

So the guy pulls out a map and shows it to the genie and says "see here - right here? This is the Middle East. It's an area that has seen much turmoil, much bloodshed for generations. I want you to bring peace to this region". The genie says "this is far beyond my means, I cannot grant you this wish. Please choose another wish".

So the guy says "I've been married for 40 years. My wife has never given me a blowjob. Please, make her give me just one blowjob". So the genie pauses and says "show me that map again".

Noir
09-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Problems?

Problems are subjective to the perspective through which they are viewed. No problem can ever be solved because the problem itself is an invention of thought.

Kathianne
09-05-2010, 11:00 AM
iS THERE A thread or location on this website where it can be discussed with the intent of sharing real ideas to try and solve real problems instead of the usual conservatives shooting down idiotic ideas of the liberals, and the liberals firing back with emotional responses...?

Ron-not a female :)

Want to give an example? Real solutions to what?

LuvRPgrl
09-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Want to give an example? Real solutions to what?

Yes, like practical solutions to getting a flat tax

Ending federal involvement in education

Trying to get real school choice so we can even get the states out of education

trying to get people educated so they can make informed voting choices

Palin Rider
09-05-2010, 10:10 PM

As long as the rules on this website allow people to be uncivil, there will always be right wing and left wing trolls attacking the other side before any real ideas can be shared.

Kathianne
09-06-2010, 04:28 AM

So what are you asking for? A place to post where no responses are allowed? That's what it sounds like.

09-10-2010, 09:44 PM
As long as the rules on this website allow people to be uncivil, there will always be right wing and left wing trolls attacking the other side before any real ideas can be shared.

So unless there are rules against it, you refuse to be civil?

I always thought that was a choice we made as people. We either respect one another, or we don't. Don't need a rule to do it.

Palin Rider
09-11-2010, 01:39 PM
So unless there are rules against it, you refuse to be civil?

I always thought that was a choice we made as people. We either respect one another, or we don't. Don't need a rule to do it.

It's not just about me, it's about everyone here. I promise you that there will ALWAYS be members who refuse to be civil unless there's a rule against it.

red states rule
09-11-2010, 01:44 PM

Translation: The only solution is for everyone to agree with Obama then all problems will be solved

Palin Rider
09-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Translation: The only solution is for everyone to agree with Obama then all problems will be solved

Translation of translation: The only solution is for everyone to agree with Palin and the GOP, then all problems will be solved.

red states rule
09-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Translation of translation: The only solution is for everyone to agree with Palin and the GOP, then all problems will be solved.

Translation of traslation of translation: Pay now attention to before and after statements from Candidate Obama and President Obama. That is how we will solve out problems

My plan will save a typical family up to $2,500 on premiums by bringing the health care system into the 21st century: cutting waste, improving technology, and expanding coverage to all Americans

Candidate Obama 2008

Nobody in their right mind would think that adding 30 million to the insurance roles would reduce costs"
President Obama Sept 10, 2010

Palin Rider
09-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Translation of traslation of translation: Pay now attention to before and after statements from Candidate Obama and President Obama. That is how we will solve out problems

My plan will save a typical family up to $2,500 on premiums by bringing the health care system into the 21st century: cutting waste, improving technology, and expanding coverage to all Americans

Candidate Obama 2008

Nobody in their right mind would think that adding 30 million to the insurance roles would reduce costs"
President Obama Sept 10, 2010

I'm flattered by how hard you're trying to make me look foolish, but it's backfiring horribly. :laugh:

red states rule
09-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm flattered by how hard you're trying to make me look foolish, but it's backfiring horribly. :laugh:

When it comes to making you look foolish - you do not need any help at all

What you type says it all maniac

DragonStryk72
09-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Honestly, the flat tax isn't going to work as a long term plan. The current progressive system of taxation was born off of the flat tax put to the richest 1%.

The flat tax is only useful if we use it as a medium to go over to a better tax system, the Fair Tax, which does not punish success.

As to a solution, you have to get the people where you live educated on these things. don't let them off the hook cause they say something glib. Get involved with it, and add to the growing number of people who are supporting it.

The real solution? Stop voting for Dems and Reps. Period, not a one of them, and get everyone else who's fed up with them both to do it too. Vote for only 3rd parties, and independents. I'm not kidding, that's the solution.

The biggest problem is "it's either [A] or [B]". This is what the two main parties are pulling, that you have no other choices but them, and so people choose the "lesser" of the two evils. We should instead be saying, "Fuck you we have to choose one of you". They're playing us off one another with what if scenarios, so that we won't deviate from their formula.

Palin Rider
09-13-2010, 04:22 PM
The real solution? Stop voting for Dems and Reps. Period, not a one of them, and get everyone else who's fed up with them both to do it too. Vote for only 3rd parties, and independents. I'm not kidding, that's the solution.

This approach MIGHT work if nearly every eligible voter actually voted in every election. Unfortunately, we're a ways off from that.

LuvRPgrl
09-16-2010, 07:13 PM

The biggest problem is "it's either [A] or [B]". This is what the two main parties are pulling, that you have no other choices but them, and so people choose the "lesser" of the two evils. We should instead be saying, "Fuck you we have to choose one of you". They're playing us off one another with what if scenarios, so that we won't deviate from their formula.

Sorry to all that I have not been able to respond sooner to my own thread, I suddenly became overloaded with "things" to take care of.

Pretty funny/ironic that I post a question about how we can do some real discussions instead of ranting and raving attacks to exchange some real ideas, and of course a brawl breaks out :) :)
I have read some posts that gave me ideas or enlightened me on certain issues, and I have some ideas on how to get some serious real life solutions to some problems.

Unfortunately your idea above seems unrealistic to me.
Often, when thinking solutions through, one realizes another issue has to be solved before tackling the existing one. For example, to get people to vote intelligently, we first have to start getting our population "educated" once again.
Im currently appalled at how ignorant our kids are coming out of high school. Me and my peers had more education in the 8th grade than these so called high school grads.
That brings us to the issue of public education. I think school choice is the solution and we need to package that to alot of the public who have been deceived into believing it wouldnt be good for the "poor folk"

Also, one of, maybe the biggest issue facing our country, even though very, very few people are aware of how devistating the issue is, is no fault divorce. It is simply destroying families and marriages. NOt only should we oppose same gender marriage, but we need to go back closer to the days when judges would actually deny divorces based on insufficient grounds.
Now, for all the idiots who cant read and are already screaming inside their heads how the way it was wasnt acceptable and wasnt anymore than the insufficient system we have now, IM NOT CALLING FOR RETURNING TO THE 1950's, BUT JUST A COMPROMISE SOMEWHERE ALONG THE LINE.

I also think we need to get the "real" Christian churches more involved, in things like offering private education to poor people until we can get school choice passed.

I personally am planning on starting up a private charity for just such action.
I will eventually go to all the local churches and seek donations to help fund the school, and also corporate sponosors.

more later,,,,,,,,Ron

09-17-2010, 01:53 PM
I also think we need to get the "real" Christian churches more involved, in things like offering private education to poor people until we can get school choice passed.

I've actually been thinking of something along this line myself. I am convinced that we need individuals and groups getting together to provide an infrastructure for society when we finally reach a point where we have to cut back programs. (I think we've reached that point already).

Creating our own schools is clearly one of the areas to look at.

LuvRPgrl
09-25-2010, 07:32 PM
I agree, I think education is one of the most important, if not the most important keys. Unless people are educated, it doesn't matter how many people vote, it won't change a thing

Liberal Dems, and a lot of independents simply arent properly informed.
Much of that is due to the liberal media, the second area we need to gain some control over once again. Plus if they are better educated, they are less likely to be deceived from the get go.

The area we have strength is AM talk radio. Mike Medved is the best. Problem is mainstream America prefers TV

If anyone thinks the media doesnt present a deceptive view of conservatives, I have consistently heard Democrats say that if Republicans had their way we would go back to slavery, women couldnt vote (yet about half Republicans are women--go figure), Child slave labor (despite the fact that Republicans have millions of their own kids)

The whole concept is just bizarre, yet they say it over and over, the media presents it to America without questioning the speakers, and many Americans buy it

LuvRPgrl
09-25-2010, 07:46 PM
This approach MIGHT work if nearly every eligible voter actually voted in every election. Unfortunately, we're a ways off from that.

NOt at all, having more misinformed voters wont change a thing. We need more of the actual truth given to voters. Its almost impossible to be well informed when you are fed a steady stream of lies by the media.

EXAMPLE: Clinton is credited for "creating" more jobs than Bush did. But if you analyze it properly, you find that most of the Clinton era jobs were part of the .com buble, and they were bogus jobs, when the bubble burst, Clinton was on his way out, so if he stayed another year or two, he would have suffered many more millions of job losses instead of it being handed to Pres Bush which counted against his job count, and thats not even the all of it.

Kathianne
09-26-2010, 03:03 AM

I personally am planning on starting up a private charity for just such action.
I will eventually go to all the local churches and seek donations to help fund the school, and also corporate sponosors.

more later,,,,,,,,Ron

Which are the 'real' Christian churches and which are not? Who decides?

red states rule
09-26-2010, 06:38 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/100905beelertoon_c20100904014807.jpg

LuvRPgrl
09-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Which are the 'real' Christian churches and which are not? Who decides?

That is not as tricky or difficult to answer as one might think.

It has for a long time been well established what a church needs to accept as its theology.
There are certain basic tenets that are established already

Who decides? The churches that follow those tenets.

As for the purpose dealing with the purposes of this thread, it is also siimple, those churches who are trying to achieve the same goals as listed in this thread.

Palin Rider
09-29-2010, 09:43 PM
NOt at all, having more misinformed voters wont change a thing. We need more of the actual truth given to voters. Its almost impossible to be well informed when you are fed a steady stream of lies by the media.

The First Amendment guarantees that the "actual truth" is always going to be vying for attention over tons of lies from multiple sources.