PDA

View Full Version : Question for Abso

jimnyc
09-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Thought I would add this to the "Islam" thread you started but then thought this would be a good subject in itself.

What are your thoughts on the supposed upcoming brutal execution of an Iranian woman for adultery? Do you think this type of punishment still prevalent in Islam is normal? Do you think maybe Muslims can catch up with the times and have a judicial system that doesn't use such overt torture as a means of punishment?

Also, she was lashed last week 99 times for having her picture in a newspaper and she was unveiled. Turns out, it wasn't even her in the picture. But supposing it was - 99 inhumane lashes for a picture? Sounds like more brutality towards women to me.

What would happen to a man in Islam if he was pictured in a paper "unveiled"? What would happen to a man accused of adultery?

Agnapostate
09-06-2010, 10:40 PM
That's what all three Abrahamic religions prescribe. Deuteronomy 22:22 charitably remarks that, "If a man is found lying with a woman married to a husband, then both of them shall die—the man that lay with the woman, and the woman; so you shall put away the evil from Israel."

It's not a matter of doctrinal differences, certainly, but of limited opportunities for enactment of theocratic governance in countries with separations of church and state, which is why Islam is far more mundane in the West. It's not difficult to picture Falwell or Robertson leading a theocracy-oriented society, though.

jimnyc
09-06-2010, 11:30 PM
That's what all three Abrahamic religions prescribe. Deuteronomy 22:22 charitably remarks that, "If a man is found lying with a woman married to a husband, then both of them shall die—the man that lay with the woman, and the woman; so you shall put away the evil from Israel."

It's not a matter of doctrinal differences, certainly, but of limited opportunities for enactment of theocratic governance in countries with separations of church and state, which is why Islam is far more mundane in the West. It's not difficult to picture Falwell or Robertson leading a theocracy-oriented society, though.

That's all fine and dandy, but my point boiled over from a prior thread - which is that women in Islam are abused both mentally and physically. This is proven via direct proof via news, the writings in Islam themselves & information I received from a bunch of my Muslim friends who have left their respective countries and now are American citizens.

Agnapostate
09-06-2010, 11:47 PM
That's all fine and dandy, but my point boiled over from a prior thread - which is that women in Islam are abused both mentally and physically. This is proven via direct proof via news, the writings in Islam themselves & information I received from a bunch of my Muslim friends who have left their respective countries and now are American citizens.

No, women in countries without a separation of church and state are. If orthodox Judaism or fundamentalist Christianity were in power in those countries instead, the same state of affairs would exist.

jimnyc
09-07-2010, 12:15 AM
No, women in countries without a separation of church and state are. If orthodox Judaism or fundamentalist Christianity were in power in those countries instead, the same state of affairs would exist.

Vatican
Monaco
Malta
Costa Rica
Liechtenstein

All countries that have Catholicism as their state religion. Can you point to me where they punish via means such as stoning, caning, beheading, public hangings, stoning...

You might find a few incidents here or there, or some from many years ago - but NO country under ANY religion even comes close at all to how Islam inflicts their punishment, and especially towards women (the entire "judicial" system as well towards women)

SassyLady
09-07-2010, 01:34 AM

Wrong.

Little-Acorn
09-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Question for Abso
Are you asking him a question, because you expect him to tell you more truth than he tells me?

What's your secret? Inquiring minds want to know! :laugh:

jimnyc
09-08-2010, 11:50 AM
He's been online several times since I posed these questions and has avoided answering. I guess it's rough to defend the indefensible.

If Muslims around the world had to be held accountable for their abuse of women (using a justice system similar to the USA), probably 25% of the population would be behind bars.

Kathianne
09-08-2010, 11:54 AM
He's been online several times since I posed these questions and has avoided answering. I guess it's rough to defend the indefensible.

If Muslims around the world had to be held accountable for their abuse of women (using a justice system similar to the USA), probably 25% of the population would be behind bars.

I agree with you, Jim. I do understand Abso posting his one-sided view, from only sources that agree with him. I'm much more dismayed at a Bullypulpit condemning those who disagree with location of 9/11 Mosque, yet also condemning those who are ijits on burning the Koran. These liberals are becoming unhinged. Quite funny though how they name call on all others.

jimnyc
09-08-2010, 01:11 PM
I agree with you, Jim. I do understand Abso posting his one-sided view, from only sources that agree with him. I'm much more dismayed at a Bullypulpit condemning those who disagree with location of 9/11 Mosque, yet also condemning those who are ijits on burning the Koran. These liberals are becoming unhinged. Quite funny though how they name call on all others.

There is NOTHING that Abso, or anyone else, can say that would make the muslim treatment of women somehow ok. First they (muslims) will try to convince you it's not true. They'll tell you how the Quran speaks the opposite. Then you shove direct evidence in their faces (both from the Quran and indisputable news). At first they'll try to shoot the messenger and claim the stories are from Muslim haters and that our translation of the Quran is off. As the evidence piles against them, they will finally give a little and defend their storied history of their laws and defend their treatment towards women. The truth is right in front of the worlds eyes and nothing or no one can defend their actions or "explain" them.

Pagan
09-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Wrong.

With this comment it's rather obvious you haven't taken the time to read any basic history or even taken the time to look at current Christian Terrorism going on in other Country's.

Noir
09-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Judaism or fundamentalist Christianity were in power in those countries instead, the same state of affairs would exist.

Wrong.

I wouldn't say so, I was watching a program not too ling ago about women in Judism. They are remarkably unrespected, and under Jewish law have very few rights compared to the men.

It is not hard to see how Jewish men are able to use this power to abuse the women, and they do. The end result is much the same (and ofcourse in a theocratic state, anything is possible)

SassyLady
09-08-2010, 05:48 PM
This is directed at both Pagan and Noir.

With this comment it's rather obvious you haven't taken the time to read any basic history or even taken the time to look at current Christian Terrorism going on in other Country's.

This is the statement I said was wrong ...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Agnapostate http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=440480#post440480)

This is an all encompassing statment ... that countries without a separation of church and state would create an environment where women are mentally and physically abused. Women will be mentally and physically abused whether there is a separation of church and state or not, therefore, the absolute statement made by Aggie is wrong.

Abuse of women is not confined to religious beliefs.

Gaffer
09-08-2010, 05:53 PM

I've read a lot more than basic history and I keep tabs as much as posible on current events in the world. Please enlighten me on christian terrorism in other countries. If you go back more than 30 years your credibility is gone as far as I'm concerned. Leave the Irish out too. That has nothing to do with religion.

Noir
09-08-2010, 05:56 PM
This is directed at both Pagan and Noir.

This is the statement I said was wrong ...

This is an all encompassing statment ... that countries without a separation of church and state would create an environment where women are mentally and physically abused. Women will be mentally and physically abused whether there is a separation of church and state or not, therefore, the absolute statement made by Aggie is wrong.

Abuse of women is not confined to religious beliefs.

Indeed, but there are condictions that make it more likely, one of those being when it is taught as fact and built into law that women are lesser humans than men.

SassyLady
09-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Indeed, but there are condictions that make it kore likely, one of those being when it is taught as fact and build into law that women are lesser humans than men.

So, which ones have it built into their laws?

Noir
09-08-2010, 06:08 PM
So, which ones have it built into their laws?

I dont think there are any Theocratic Christian or Jewish states as their are Islamic ones.
A case could likely be made for Isreal, but I really don't know enough about it to forward that idea.

Edit- the Vatican city state is another contender, but again I don't know enough about it.

SassyLady
09-08-2010, 06:56 PM
I dont think there are any Theocratic Christian or Jewish states as their are Islamic ones.
A case could likely be made for Isreal, but I really don't know enough about it to forward that idea.

Edit- the Vatican city state is another contender, but again I don't know enough about it.

I was asking which ones have abuse of women built into their laws. Are you saying that all of the above have laws advocating the abuse of women built into their laws?

Noir
09-08-2010, 07:03 PM
I was asking which ones have abuse of women built into their laws. Are you saying that all of the above have laws advocating the abuse of women built into their laws?

No, what I am saying is that without doubt theocratic states make abuse of women more likely.

Because in religions women tend to be treated as lesser humans than men.

Islam is the most obvious example because of the number of Islamic states, but like I said earlier, judism discrimatiates heavily against women, and so a A jewish theocratic state willundoubly have inscribe in law that women do not have the same rights as the men. This will naturally lead to men having less respect for women, and make abuse more likey.

The same can be said for many issues, not just sexism, like racism ect.

revelarts
09-08-2010, 07:08 PM

So what your doing is making a negative assumption based on your biases, I guess.
thanks for you honesty though.

the fact is almost everywhere Christianity has gone the position of women has been improved. the sanctity of all human life from womb to grave has been the standard. and men and women are considered just as valuable before God. the rub comes in modern society with the Christian stance on Gender Roles. There's honest and biblical debate within Christianity over exactly how that plays out. "the woman place is in the home" is not a Bible verse but it is clear that the Bible does assign the man as head of the family. AND that a man is to love his wife like his own body and not harm her but to protect and care for her. Not sure how atheist get "oppress women" out of that. But it's interesting that some of the same people that will defend homosexually by saying that it's no business what 2 people do in the privacy of there homes. turn around and Moralize about the gender roles in Christan homes. Moralize and condemn with a sort of modern piety. Not sure how that works.

But suffice it to say that Jesus and Paul both in actions and teaching declare the human, moral and legal equity of woman with men.

But Frankly, like a lot of Christian teaching, it doesn't away come out that way when codified into practice, but that's the standard.

abso
09-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Thought I would add this to the "Islam" thread you started but then thought this would be a good subject in itself.

What are your thoughts on the supposed upcoming brutal execution of an Iranian woman for adultery? Do you think this type of punishment still prevalent in Islam is normal? Do you think maybe Muslims can catch up with the times and have a judicial system that doesn't use such overt torture as a means of punishment?

Also, she was lashed last week 99 times for having her picture in a newspaper and she was unveiled. Turns out, it wasn't even her in the picture. But supposing it was - 99 inhumane lashes for a picture? Sounds like more brutality towards women to me.

What would happen to a man in Islam if he was pictured in a paper "unveiled"? What would happen to a man accused of adultery?

Thats the problem of the iranian system, not the islamic !!!

The islam does not have any punishment for the unveiled picture, so its just an act from stupid government, and when did i say that i am iranian or that i like iran or that iran is just and right and real islamic country !!!

they are too strict, and there is alot in their rules which is not real islamic rules.

in egypt, there is no punishment at all for being unveiled, there is alot of unveiled women in egypt, many christians and many muslims.

about the adultery crime, its a crime punished by prison in egypt, not by death, so i dont have to answer your question about iran, its not my concern.

the adultery crime in islam have many punishment:
1- Death.
2- Laches.
3- Exile for 1 year.

Death is only applied if the adultery crime were commited by someone married, and there must be 4 eye witnesses, so you can say that i rarely happen because there will never be 4 eye witnesses to adultery of course.

abso
09-16-2010, 05:13 PM

i never noticed your question before, i just noticed it right now.

abso
09-16-2010, 05:15 PM

i was never one sided, i always said about my posts, that i condemn Hamas as much as i condemn Israel, but looking at the casualities, i say that israel cause more destruction and death and suffering, thats all.

Pagan
09-16-2010, 05:20 PM
I've read a lot more than basic history and I keep tabs as much as posible on current events in the world. Please enlighten me on christian terrorism in other countries. If you go back more than 30 years your credibility is gone as far as I'm concerned. Leave the Irish out too. That has nothing to do with religion.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/04/uganda-massacre-lords-res_n_163907.html
Uganda Massacre: Lord's Resistance Army Slaughters 900 People

http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2010/03/28/dr-congo-lord-s-resistance-army-rampage-kills-321
Lord’s Resistance Army Rampage Kills 321

http://www.scribd.com/doc/1023165/National-Liberation-Front-of-Tripura
An estimated 11,000 people have been killed on both sides of the conflict. In addition, the terror has left over 40,000 as refugees

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/south_asia/717775.stm
Nagmanlal Halam, secretary of the Noapara Baptist Church in Tripura, was arrested late on Monday with a large quantity of explosives

This is just a small sample of the many, many Christian Terrorist groups.

You know there's a wonderful tool, it's called "Google". Just Google "Christian terrorism"

And please don't play ignorant and say you've never heard of Aryan Nations, KKK or the other filth like them.....

abso
09-16-2010, 05:21 PM
There is NOTHING that Abso, or anyone else, can say that would make the muslim treatment of women somehow ok. First they (muslims) will try to convince you it's not true. They'll tell you how the Quran speaks the opposite. Then you shove direct evidence in their faces (both from the Quran and indisputable news). At first they'll try to shoot the messenger and claim the stories are from Muslim haters and that our translation of the Quran is off. As the evidence piles against them, they will finally give a little and defend their storied history of their laws and defend their treatment towards women. The truth is right in front of the worlds eyes and nothing or no one can defend their actions or "explain" them.

i am tired of your opinion about our women, not everyone treat them this way, our religion does not say that, if a muslim man treats his wife in a bad manner, then its his problem not the religion's problem.

when an american beats his wife, does anyone say anything about his religion !!!, its just a stupid act from stupid man, doesnt have anything to do with the religion.

all i can say, is that i am muslim, i respect women more than anyone of you will ever do, i never harmed any woman or will ever do that.

in my family, it just happened once that my cousin was beaten by her husband, and we was going to get her divorced because of that, but she forgave him for the sake of her child, like many american women do when they are beaten or abused.

when my cousin's husband abused his wife, it was not because he is muslim, it was just because he is stupid, and maybe because she sometimes says some stupid things that makes him so nervours, like she does with me sometimes, but family issues have nothing to do with religion.

islam never asked men to beat their wifes, it asks them to love and take care of the wifes, and never to abuse them.

Pagan
09-16-2010, 05:29 PM
i am tired of your opinion about our women, not everyone treat them this way, our religion does not say that, if a muslim man treats his wife in a bad manner, then its his problem not the religion's problem.

when an american beats his wife, does anyone say anything about his religion !!!, its just a stupid act from stupid man, doesnt have anything to do with the religion.

all i can say, is that i am muslim, i respect women more than anyone of you will ever do, i never harmed any woman or will ever do that.

in my family, it just happened once that my cousin was beaten by her husband, and we was going to get her divorced because of that, but she forgave him for the sake of her child, like many american women do when they are beaten or abused.

when my cousin's husband abused his wife, it was not because he is muslim, it was just because he is stupid, and maybe because she sometimes says some stupid things that makes him so nervours, like she does with me sometimes, but family issues have nothing to do with religion.

islam never asked men to beat their wifes, it asks them to love and take care of the wifes, and never to abuse them.

Islam is just the current "Red Headed Stepchild" and scape goat, the actions of the minority radical zealots are being used to scare the people. Look how they deny that there is radicals slaughtering people for their own religion.

Me, I equally loath all religion but the hypocrisy of many of the so called Christians makes me wanna hurl.

Abbey Marie
09-16-2010, 05:29 PM

Absolute speculative, unsupported BS. Unlike Islam, where such atrocities are institutionalized. Jim's exact point. Peddle your BS to people dumb or indoctrinated enough to believe it.

Trigg
09-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Islam is just the current "Red Headed Stepchild" and scape goat, the actions of the minority radical zealots are being used to scare the people. Look how they deny that there is radicals slaughtering people for their own religion.

Me, I equally loath all religion but the hypocrisy of many of the so called Christians makes me wanna hurl.

the problem with Islam is that the "minority radical zealots" are in control.

The people in Muslum countries and around the world have reason to be afraid of the extremists. They're the ones in charge and they're the ones blowing up anyone who disagrees with them.

Nukeman
09-16-2010, 06:11 PM

So why don't we hear condemnation of the radicals by the "main stream" Islamist???? When a "Christian" does something like kill a abortion doctor you hear cries from all over how terrible it was and how that is not what Christianity is about, but when the "extremist" in Islam do something all we hear is crickets, and even the occasional "that-a-boy", or the "why do you think they felt they had to do that to you"!!!!

Pagan
09-16-2010, 07:42 PM

The people in Muslum countries and around the world have reason to be afraid of the extremists. They're the ones in charge and they're the ones blowing up anyone who disagrees with them.

Like Priests who fuck little boys?

So let's classify all Christians as pedophiles then.

Pagan
09-16-2010, 07:46 PM
So why don't we hear condemnation of the radicals by the "main stream" Islamist???? When a "Christian" does something like kill a abortion doctor you hear cries from all over how terrible it was and how that is not what Christianity is about, but when the "extremist" in Islam do something all we hear is crickets, and even the occasional "that-a-boy", or the "why do you think they felt they had to do that to you"!!!!

Why is the Catholic Church getting away with fucking little boys? Why isn't the likes of Cardinal Mahony of L.A.'s ass in jail "and" with his boy fucking Priests for covering up and allowing them continue to fuck little boys?

Why isn't the "Lords Resistance Army" in the mainstream news?

Pagan
09-17-2010, 08:29 AM

They do, but it just doesn't make as big of headline news has the radicals

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,131580,00.html
Moderate Muslims Speak Out

http://islam.about.com/cs/currentevents/a/9_11statements.htm
For the record, the inhuman attacks of September 11 were condemned in the strongest terms by virtually all Islamic leaders, organizations, and countries. The Chairman of Saudi Arabia's Supreme Judicial Council summarized that, "Islam rejects such acts, since it forbids killing of civilians even during times of war, especially if they are not part of the fighting. A religion that views people of the world in such a way cannot in any sense condone such criminal acts, which require that their perpetrators and those who support them are held accountable. As a human community we have to be vigilant and careful to preempt these evils."

http://www.isna.net/articles/News-Briefs/American-Muslim-Scholars-Speak-Out-Against-Religious-Extremism-or-Terrorism.aspx
American Muslim Scholars Speak Out Against Religious Extremism and Terrorism

abso
09-17-2010, 12:56 PM
They do, but it just doesn't make as big of headline news has the radicals

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,131580,00.html
Moderate Muslims Speak Out

http://islam.about.com/cs/currentevents/a/9_11statements.htm
For the record, the inhuman attacks of September 11 were condemned in the strongest terms by virtually all Islamic leaders, organizations, and countries. The Chairman of Saudi Arabia's Supreme Judicial Council summarized that, "Islam rejects such acts, since it forbids killing of civilians even during times of war, especially if they are not part of the fighting. A religion that views people of the world in such a way cannot in any sense condone such criminal acts, which require that their perpetrators and those who support them are held accountable. As a human community we have to be vigilant and careful to preempt these evils."

http://www.isna.net/articles/News-Briefs/American-Muslim-Scholars-Speak-Out-Against-Religious-Extremism-or-Terrorism.aspx
American Muslim Scholars Speak Out Against Religious Extremism and Terrorism

nice post, but none will listen to you, you will just be called a Hamas propagandist, nearly everyone here is not prepared to listen to anything about islam, they all think that it just calls for the destruction of the world and views us muslims as demons in human forms.

i already said many and many times that Islam always condemend killing the civilians, and it forbid killing any women or children or elders even during the time of war, it even forbid destroying trees and farms during wars, so how can it agree to what happened in 9/11 !!!

Osama Bin Laden, the man accused of 9/11, was exiled from Saudia Arabia in 1991, so how can americans blame Islam and the arabs for the actions of someone who was exiled from our countries because of his radical ideas which we rejected !!!

Trigg
09-17-2010, 01:10 PM

The people in Muslim countries and around the world have reason to be afraid of the extremists. They're the ones in charge and they're the ones blowing up anyone who disagrees with them.

Way to go completely off subject.

Are you denying then that the "radical zealots" are in control? Are saying that the populations in those countries have no reason to fear the zealots?

I am not condemning Islam. I am condemning the terrorists and extremists that are in charge of the gov. in so many of the Muslim countries. People are not treating Islam as the "scapegoat", people are right to be fearful of the crazies running around in that religion.

The builder of the NY mosque was on a news program the other day and admitted that he would like to move the mosque, but if he did the extremists would riot. He's AFRAID of the crazies in his own religion.

abso
09-17-2010, 01:16 PM

Are you denying then that the "radical zealots" are in control? Are saying that the populations in those countries have no reason to fear the zealots?

I am not condemning Islam. I am condemning the terrorists and extremists that are in charge of the gov. in so many of the Muslim countries. People are not treating Islam as the "scapegoat", people are right to be fearful of the crazies running around in that religion.

The builder of the NY mosque was on a news program the other day and admitted that he would like to move the mosque, but if he did the extremists would riot. He's AFRAID of the crazies in his own religion.

its just as what was being done by the recist groups to the black people a century ago, every time has its own hate groups, but i dont remember anyone fearing all the whites for what was being done by the white hate groups to the black people !!!!

none blamed all the whites for the action of some white groups who hated black people, it was stupid thing to do but we cant hate all whites for it, and you cant hate or fear all muslims for some radical muslims actions.

Pagan
09-17-2010, 01:20 PM

No not "off the subject", it's well on topic. No one belief system has the monopoly on crazy idiotic zealots, they ALL have them.

I've said this a number of times, no matter what belief you have instead of bashing one religion/belief system one should reach out to the sane members. Joining forces to put an end to the zealots would be much more productive rather villainizing them which only results in validating their insane rantings ya know.

Trigg
09-17-2010, 01:23 PM
its just as what was being done by the recist groups to the black people a century ago, every time has its own hate groups, but i dont remember anyone fearing all the whites for what was being done by the white hate groups to the black people !!!!

none blamed all the whites for the action of some white groups who hated black people, it was stupid thing to do but we cant hate all whites for it, and you cant hate or fear all muslims for some radical muslims actions.

I guarantee black people kept an eye on all the white people around them and were suspicious of them. I wouldn't blaim them if they did.

I never said I hated or feared ALL Muslims. I said the crazies in your religion are in charge in far to many countries and people are right to be afraid of them. It is them afterall who blow things up and threaten to kill anyone who insults them.

abso
09-17-2010, 01:36 PM
I guarantee black people kept an eye on all the white people around them and were suspicious of them. I wouldn't blaim them if they did.

I never said I hated or feared ALL Muslims. I said the crazies in your religion are in charge in far to many countries and people are right to be afraid of them. It is them afterall who blow things up and threaten to kill anyone who insults them.

name the countries you are talking about....

Abbey Marie
09-17-2010, 03:43 PM

Uh let's see- they're gay; therefore already sinning according to the Bible. All bets are off.

Pagan
09-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Uh let's see- they're gay; therefore already sinning according to the Bible. All bets are off.

Missed my point, the point is generalizing the whole for the sick actions of the few.

Also if one would look at the stat's overwhelmingly so called "heterosexuals" make up the pedophiles.

Government study -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1556756
Previous investigations have indicated that the ratio of sex offenders against female children vs. offenders against male children is approximately 2:1, while the ratio of gynephiles to androphiles among the general population is approximately 20:1. The present study investigated whether the etiology of preferred partner sex among pedophiles is related to the etiology of preferred partner sex among males preferring adult partners. Using phallometric test sensitivities to calculate the proportion of true pedophiles among various groups of sex offenders against children, and taking into consideration previously reported mean numbers of victims per offender group, the ratio of heterosexual to homosexual pedophiles was calculated to be approximately 11:1. This suggests that the resulting proportion of true pedophiles among persons with a homosexual erotic development is greater than that in persons who develop heterosexually. This, of course, would not indicate that androphilic males have a greater propensity to offend against children.

Abbey Marie
09-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Missed my point, the point is generalizing the whole for the sick actions of the few.

Also if one would look at the stat's overwhelmingly so called "heterosexuals" make up the pedophiles.

Government study -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1556756
Previous investigations have indicated that the ratio of sex offenders against female children vs. offenders against male children is approximately 2:1, while the ratio of gynephiles to androphiles among the general population is approximately 20:1. The present study investigated whether the etiology of preferred partner sex among pedophiles is related to the etiology of preferred partner sex among males preferring adult partners. Using phallometric test sensitivities to calculate the proportion of true pedophiles among various groups of sex offenders against children, and taking into consideration previously reported mean numbers of victims per offender group, the ratio of heterosexual to homosexual pedophiles was calculated to be approximately 11:1. This suggests that the resulting proportion of true pedophiles among persons with a homosexual erotic development is greater than that in persons who develop heterosexually. This, of course, would not indicate that androphilic males have a greater propensity to offend against children.

But I did not say most pedophiles are gay. I said priests are gay pedophiles if the are having sex with boys.