PDA

View Full Version : Chicago: Emanuel For Mayor?

Kathianne
09-08-2010, 10:44 AM
http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0910/an_opening_for_rahm_b86c8957-659e-448d-854e-05209b703836.html

White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel has said he would like to run for mayor of Chicago someday – and that day might have arrived.

Chicago Mayor Richard Daley announced Tuesday that he will not run for reelection, saying he wants to move on. His decision could clear an exit from the White House for Emanuel, who himself is widely believed to be looking for a graceful way to move on after two grueling years in President Obama’s inner circle.

In an interview with Charlie Rose in April, Emanuel said he supported Daley but that he would like to seek the position if the opportunity presented itself.

"I hope Mayor Daley seeks reelection. I will work and support him if he seeks reelection," Emanuel said. "But if Mayor Daley doesn't, one day I would like to run for mayor of the city of Chicago.”

Emanuel added, “That's always been an aspiration of mine, even when I was in the House of Representatives.”

The problem for Emanuel is that the election in Chicago is a short six months away – Feb. 22 – and his plate at the White House is full, as he is juggling the midterm elections, Obama’s efforts to turn around the economy and a host of other policy issues...

Partisan
09-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Rahm is a wannabe mobster. He will be perfect for mayor of chicago.

SassyLady
09-08-2010, 07:01 PM
http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0910/an_opening_for_rahm_b86c8957-659e-448d-854e-05209b703836.html

Makes perfect sense....Chief of Staff wants to be mayor of one of the most corrupt cities in the nation. But Greta said that Blago is looking for a job ... who knows!!! :laugh::laugh:

Gaffer
09-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Makes perfect sense....Chief of Staff wants to be mayor of one of the most corrupt cities in the nation. But Greta said that Blago is looking for a job ... who knows!!! :laugh::laugh:

A felon can't get hired on with a regular company. But he can sure as hell run for office.

Mr. P
09-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Chicago went ta shit after Al Capone.

SassyLady
09-08-2010, 08:35 PM
A felon can't get hired on with a regular company. But he can sure as hell run for office.

Ain't that the truth!! :laugh: