PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Partisan
09-08-2010, 05:40 PM
I am a proud partisan. There is nothing inherently wrong with being a partisan. Only those who take partisanship to the extreme ruin partisanship for all. They are the hacks, they are those who refuse to see any truth other than what their party tells them to believe. I am partisan to my ideals. To my beliefs. However, I am beholden to no particular party for all my beliefs.

Noir
09-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Good day ^_^

I always thought the word partisan literally meant 'with a party'?
But no matter, what would be a sample of you ideals?

Partisan
09-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Good day ^_^

I always thought the word partisan literally meant 'with a party'?
But no matter, what would be a sample of you ideals?

That might have been what the word originally meant, however, it now means more than simply 'party' and encompasses ideals, causes, etc.

I believe the constitution is a 'living' document. In that, it is not to be willy nilly interpreted and changed at will, rather, it can and has changed throughout our country's history. Further, our judicial branch is charged with interpreting the constitution.

2nd Amendment means gun rights for individuals, however, it is not unlimited.

Marriage, homosexuality is distasteful to me, but our government cannot stop two people of the same sex from gaining a secular license, as homsexuality is not illegal.

Cheesecake, if you don't like it, I don't like you.

Noir
09-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Well, I hope you have your typing fingers ready lol,

Partisan
09-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Well, I hope you have your typing fingers ready lol,

Why does your avatar say 'good enough for pmp'?

Noir
09-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Why does your avatar say 'good enough for pmp'?

It was for another user (postmodernprophet aka pmp) who said I looked too young in my last avatar, so I made that one not knowing if it would be good enough for him lol.

Abbey Marie
09-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Welcome, Partisan. :salute:

jimnyc
09-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Howdy, Partisan, and welcome to DP. Were you a previous member here?

Partisan
09-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I was a lurker and then made some user about the governor of California and his stupid budget tactics. I forgot the password and really didn't care for that username.

Thanks for the welcome.