PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin needs to exit stage left

Partisan
09-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Why is it conservatives and republicans love her so much? I lean right, yet can find no real value in Sarah Palin. She didn't sink McCain's campaign, McCain sank himself. However, she is not the brightest bulb in the shed.

When she rolled her eyes at the teacher in Alaska, that offended me. I have family who are teachers.

Noir
09-08-2010, 06:23 PM
She may well not be the brightest, but she is representative of a movement. Somewhat amazingly, this lack of 'brightness' plays well into her not being part of the Whitehouse clique. Which plays well given the 'tea party' movement is out to show how disconnected the executive, HoR and Senate are from the people.

I don't see her leaving any time soon, though I think she does need some more intellectual support around her.

darin
09-08-2010, 06:25 PM
She's intelligent. Motivating. More-experienced as an executive than our sitting president. Her ideas are generally GOOD/Conservative. She's pretty sexy.

:)

Partisan
09-08-2010, 06:39 PM
She may well not be the brightest, but she is representative of a movement. Somewhat amazingly, this lack of 'brightness' plays well into her not being part of the Whitehouse clique. Which plays well given the 'tea party' movement is out to show how disconnected the executive, HoR and Senate are from the people.

I don't see her leaving any time soon, though I think she does need some more intellectual support around her.

What movement is she 'representative' of?

Partisan
09-08-2010, 06:43 PM
She's intelligent. Motivating. More-experienced as an executive than our sitting president. Her ideas are generally GOOD/Conservative. She's pretty sexy.

:)

Really, she is intelligent? Maybe that says something about your intelligence. Comparing her to Obama is not saying much. His 'glamour' is fading quick. He was the end all be all just two years ago. Now, it looks like even some dems want to distance themselves from him.

I don't care if she has 'some' good ideas. That is not going to make me support someone, especially when they make the right look so bad.

Sexy? Really? Do you read playboy while you shit?

Noir
09-08-2010, 06:43 PM
What movement is she 'representative' of?

The tea party movement.

Partisan
09-08-2010, 06:47 PM
The tea party movement.

Really? Did she say that? Did the tea party 'movement' say that? Was she elected?

SassyLady
09-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Why is it conservatives and republicans love her so much? I lean right, yet can find no real value in Sarah Palin. She didn't sink McCain's campaign, McCain sank himself. However, she is not the brightest bulb in the shed.

When she rolled her eyes at the teacher in Alaska, that offended me. I have family who are teachers.

Speaking of bright bulbs .... how bright are all the bulbs who voted for Obama?

SassyLady
09-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Really? Did she say that? Did the tea party 'movement' say that? Was she elected?

Being representative of doesn't necessarily mean "elected". I think I am representative of the tea party movement, but I've not been elected to anything.

Noir
09-08-2010, 06:53 PM

The tea party movement is more of an autonomous collective than a standard party. She is clearly supportive of the tea party movement and being high profile she is thus representative of it.

Gaffer
09-08-2010, 07:01 PM
One thing I like about Palin, the dims hate and fear her. she is a spokes person for the tea party but not a representative. The tea party is not a party.

Think of her as a conservative General Patton. The dims know she's there, they expect her to lead the charge in the 2012 elections. They are gearing up for her and placing their money and bets on where she will come in. The dims aren't worrying about the others that are jockeying for position. They have their eye on her. And even when there is a front runner the dims will still be expecting her and not move against the one that presents the real front, until it's too late. Palin will then take up a cabinet position.

darin
09-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Really, she is intelligent? Maybe that says something about your intelligence. Comparing her to Obama is not saying much. His 'glamour' is fading quick. He was the end all be all just two years ago. Now, it looks like even some dems want to distance themselves from him.

I don't care if she has 'some' good ideas. That is not going to make me support someone, especially when they make the right look so bad.

Sexy? Really? Do you read playboy while you shit?

Here's a quick warning...you do not have NEAR enough equity to jump onto this board and become a shit talker. Back the fuck down a little bit.

In how many states have you been elected Governor? Palin is a conservative. That instantly qualifies her as 'having good ideas.' She's charismatic to those who aren't judgmental. She wants to reduce government and government spending. And yeah, she's an attractive lady.

SassyLady
09-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Here's a quick warning...you do not have NEAR enough equity to jump onto this board and become a shit talker. Back the fuck down a little bit.

In how many states have you been elected Governor? Palin is a conservative. That instantly qualifies her as 'having good ideas.' She's charismatic to those who aren't judgmental. She wants to reduce government and government spending. And yeah, she's an attractive lady.

What he said! :slap:

BoogyMan
09-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Speaking of bright bulbs .... how bright are all the bulbs who voted for Obama?

Those would be the dim-bulbs.....at best.

Solar
09-08-2010, 10:34 PM

Care to link to the video of the teacher?
If memory serves me correctly, she purported herself to be a teacher, but she is not!

SassyLady
09-08-2010, 11:18 PM

I think Sarah has enough experience with teachers to make any gesture she wants.

“If they had checked their facts first,” Ms. Palin continued, “they would have known that I come from a family of teachers; my grandparents were teachers, my father was a teacher, my brother is a teacher, my sister works in Special Needs classrooms, my aunt is a school nurse, my mom worked as a school secretary for much of her professional life, we all volunteer in classrooms, etc., etc., etc.”

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/09/palin-dismisses-reports-of-eye-rolling/

Another source:

The LSM has now decided to use this brief encounter for another one of their spin operations. They claim I – wait for it – “appear to roll my eyes” when the lady tells me she’s a teacher. Yes, it’s come to this: the media is now trying to turn my eyebrow movements into story lines. (Maybe that’s why Botox is all the rage – if you can’t move your eyebrows, your “eye rolling” can’t be misinterpreted!) If they had checked their facts first, they would have known that I come from a family of teachers; my grandparents were teachers, my father was a teacher, my brother is a teacher, my sister works in Special Needs classrooms, my aunt is a school nurse, my mom worked as a school secretary for much of her professional life, we all volunteer in classrooms, etc., etc., etc. Given that family history, how likely is it that I would “roll my eyes” at someone telling me that they too work in that honorable profession? Stay classy, LSM.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=417092328434

krisy
09-09-2010, 12:39 PM
I can't speak for anyone else,but I love what she says and how she says it. She has conservative opinions and isn't afraid. She has taken a brutal beating(along with her family) in the media and KEEPS ON GOING.

I also love the fact that she has become a voice for conservatives. The media would have us all believe that "strong" women only come in the democrat/liberal variety. NO MORE. She is conservative,educated,has a family,and yes,is intelligent. Just because someone gets shaky in an interview,doesn't qualify them as stupid. I wouldn't be too comfortable either being interviewed by the enemy(meaning a group of media that hates her). I mean seriously,Katie Couric is taken seriously as a "fair" journalist in this country. What a joke.

SassyLady
09-09-2010, 01:26 PM
I can't speak for anyone else,but I love what she says and how she says it. She has conservative opinions and isn't afraid. She has taken a brutal beating(along with her family) in the media and KEEPS ON GOING.

I also love the fact that she has become a voice for conservatives. The media would have us all believe that "strong" women only come in the democrat/liberal variety. NO MORE. She is conservative,educated,has a family,and yes,is intelligent. Just because someone gets shaky in an interview,doesn't qualify them as stupid. I wouldn't be too comfortable either being interviewed by the enemy(meaning a group of media that hates her). I mean seriously,Katie Couric is taken seriously as a "fair" journalist in this country. What a joke.

Couldn't agree with you more krisy....on 9/11/01, when Couric was interviewing one of the witnesses of the Flight 93 crash and she asked him if he could see any body parts lying around I turned the tv to a different channel and the only time I've watched her since that day is when she interviewed Palin. She totally disgusted me that day ... she left her humanity on the newsroom floor that day and became a headline seeking reporter with no ethics.

darin
09-09-2010, 02:03 PM
The media would have us all believe that "strong" women only come in the democrat/liberal variety.

STRONG intelligent women come from debatepolicy.com ;)

SassyLady
09-09-2010, 03:07 PM
STRONG intelligent women come from debatepolicy.com ;)

You guys certainly keep us on our toes!! :thanks: