PDA

View Full Version : Terry Jones, the Quran, and Obama

hjmick
09-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Terry Jones has been reported as saying that he would cancel his festive burning of the Quran if he were to receive a phone call from the White House. Robert Gibbs indicated during today's briefing that this was being considered, discussed even.

In my opinion, bad idea. If one moron from the fringe of religious society can bend the President to his whims, where would it stop? Who would be next? The precedent it would set is disturbing to think about.

Then again, Obama has been touring the globe and apologizing left and right. Maybe he would bend a knee and call this kook...

What say you?

PostmodernProphet
09-09-2010, 02:40 PM
I would say if he can invite a white cop and a black professor over for a beer, he ought to be able to call a white preacher and say hi.......

Gaffer
09-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Anyone else see the conspiracy here. A small town church in Florida is holding a koran burning. Not really big news. But the labeling comes out big time from the media "right wing christian nut jobs to burn koran". Any other time this wouldn't even make the local news. I think the media is putting together talking points here or building some sort of anti-christian case for future use.

we need to do something about that right wing christian problem. Sound familiar?