PDA

View Full Version : Koran burning cancelled, because Imam Rauf agreed to move Ground Zero mosque

Little-Acorn
09-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Very reasonable on both sides. Kudoes.

*IF* the reports are true.

--------------------------------------

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100909/ap_on_re_us/quran_burning

Fla. minister cancels burning of Qurans on 9/11

by Antonio Gonzalez, Associated Press Writer – 7 mins ago

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The leader of a small Florida church that espouses anti-Islam philosophy says he is canceling plans to burn copies of the Quran on Sept. 11.

Pastor Terry Jones said Thursday that he decided to cancel his protest because the leader of a planned Islamic Center near ground zero has agreed to move its controversial location. The agreement couldn't be immediately confirmed.

Jones' plans to burn Islam's holiest text Saturday sparked an international outcry.

President Barack Obama, the top U.S. general in Afghanistan and several Christian leaders had urged Jones to reconsider his plans. They said his actions would endanger U.S. soldiers and provide a strong recruitment tool for Islamic extremists. Jones' protest also drew criticism from religious and political leaders from across the Muslim world.

namvet
09-09-2010, 04:51 PM
I was just getting ready to post it.

I was wondering how long the muzzies were gonna push that boulder uphill

Solar
09-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Wonder if had anything to do with Trump offering to buy the land for 25% more that the imam was willing to pay?

Little-Acorn
09-09-2010, 05:06 PM

Well, now here's a possibly-contrary report. From Mess-NBC, though. Sorry I couldn't find a reliable source.

---------------------------------------

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39074573/ns/politics-white_house/

Pastor cancels burning, says mosque moving
But sources close to imam behind NYC project deny there's a deal

msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 4 minutes ago

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — The pastor planning to burn Qurans on Sept. 11 said Thursday that he had called off the event after receiving assurances that a proposed Islamic center would be moved away from the World Trade Center site.

But sources close to the imam behind the project denied a deal had been struck.

And Sharif Al-Gamal, owner of the building where the mosque and cultural center would be housed, told NBC News that there had been no discussions with Jones.

The Rev. Terry Jones insisted, however, that he had the imam's "word that he will move the mosque to a different location."

It wasn't clear if he was referring to Imam Muhammad Musri of the Islamic Society of Central Florida, who appeared at the press conference with him, or Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, leader of the New York project.

Jones also said he would travel to New York on Saturday to meet with officials of the mosque project.

At a press conference, Jones said Musri told him that officials would guarantee that the mosque would be moved.

namvet
09-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Well, now here's a possibly-contrary report. From Mess-NBC, though. Sorry I couldn't find a reliable source.

---------------------------------------

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39074573/ns/politics-white_house/

Pastor cancels burning, says mosque moving
But sources close to imam behind NYC project deny there's a deal

msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 4 minutes ago

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — The pastor planning to burn Qurans on Sept. 11 said Thursday that he had called off the event after receiving assurances that a proposed Islamic center would be moved away from the World Trade Center site.

But sources close to the imam behind the project denied a deal had been struck.

And Sharif Al-Gamal, owner of the building where the mosque and cultural center would be housed, told NBC News that there had been no discussions with Jones.

The Rev. Terry Jones insisted, however, that he had the imam's "word that he will move the mosque to a different location."

It wasn't clear if he was referring to Imam Muhammad Musri of the Islamic Society of Central Florida, who appeared at the press conference with him, or Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, leader of the New York project.

Jones also said he would travel to New York on Saturday to meet with officials of the mosque project.

At a press conference, Jones said Musri told him that officials would guarantee that the mosque would be moved.

that's really no surprise. PMSNBC is just tryin to back their boy in the WH.

Noir
09-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Am wtxhig the BBC world service and they just said that Terry Jones said he has not canceled the burning, but rather put it on hold.

Dante
09-09-2010, 11:15 PM

--------------------------------------

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100909/ap_on_re_us/quran_burning

Fla. minister cancels burning of Qurans on 9/11

by Antonio Gonzalez, Associated Press Writer – 7 mins ago

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The leader of a small Florida church that espouses anti-Islam philosophy says he is canceling plans to burn copies of the Quran on Sept. 11.

Pastor Terry Jones said Thursday that he decided to cancel his protest because the leader of a planned Islamic Center near ground zero has agreed to move its controversial location. The agreement couldn't be immediately confirmed.

Jones' plans to burn Islam's holiest text Saturday sparked an international outcry.

President Barack Obama, the top U.S. general in Afghanistan and several Christian leaders had urged Jones to reconsider his plans. They said his actions would endanger U.S. soldiers and provide a strong recruitment tool for Islamic extremists. Jones' protest also drew criticism from religious and political leaders from across the Muslim world.

Bogus argument:
"The American people do not want the mosque there and, of course, Muslims do not want us to burn the Quran,"

There is no war between America and Islam. Muslims are Americans too.

Dante
09-09-2010, 11:16 PM

What FOX News go on vacation? :laugh::laugh2:

Little-Acorn
09-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Bogus argument:

There is no war between America and Islam.

Correct. That's a bogus argument - one that no one has made. Nice try.

Back to the subject: Now I'm hearing lots of reports that all the Imams involved with the Ground Zero Mosque project, are saying they never talked to Jones, there is no deal, the mosque will not be moved, etc.

So, what's the truth?

Gaffer
09-10-2010, 10:16 PM
He'll burn korans and muslims will riot and make threats. people will be assaulted and killed over it. The media will have lots of material and anti right fodder for Nov. Look real hard for any moderate muslims that shrug and say it's his right under the Constitution. I'm sure those moderates will stepping up to calm things down. we know they are out there. we have been told taht repeatedly on the media and by our own left wingers right here on DP.

krisy
09-10-2010, 10:26 PM
What FOX News go on vacation? :laugh::laugh2:

Gee,I hope not,cause if they are,there won't be a true word uttered until they are back.:thumb:

Alias.258
09-10-2010, 11:10 PM
My suggestion for everybody. Check your newsletters or preferred sources on the 12th. I tire of this subject so I will probably only end up even reading the articles on or after the 12th because it will be after the event has occurred, thus leading to less repetitive information. Which is why i recommend everybody check their preferred news sources then so we can all share our thoughts and articles hopefully without reading the same thing that at least i know i have been reading for the past 3 or 4 days. But i can tell you from what i have read in the articles i did read, is that it is being postponed. Regardless i wont check mine till the 12th.

Article on Postponing of the Burning ("http://www.military.com/news/article/pastor-cancels-911-quran-burning.html)
I read that yesterday so i don't really know what has changed since then, as a stated in another thread i have read one too many articles that all say the same thing when trying to sort out exactly what was going on. I did read two this morning but they only were on the effects of what was happening, and i don't remember much of the status as i wasn't reading it for that.