PDA

View Full Version : How the media works.

Noir
09-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Given the recent tomfoolery over the burning of the Koran in the US I was reminded of the 'Wotton-Basset' protests in the UK a few years ago that never happened.

This is a clip from 'Newswipe' written & presented by Charlie Brooker who keeps tabs on the media, what it reports and how it reports it.

By way of background this story came about after the leader of an extremist Muslim group called Islam4UK wanted to hold an anti-war protest in the town of Wooton-Basset which is where all troops who die on forgein soil are flown back ta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DuwpwEQ9vw

It seems the media today is as easy to play as it was a few years ago. Silly media.

Dante
09-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Given the recent tomfoolery over the burning of the Koran in the US I was reminded of the 'Wotton-Basset' protests in the UK a few years ago that never happened.

This is a clip from 'Newswipe' written & presented by Charlie Brooker who keeps tabs on the media, what it reports and how it reports it.

By way of background this story came about after the leader of an extremist Muslim group called Islam4UK wanted to hold an anti-war protest in the town of Wooton-Basset which is where all troops who die on forgein soil are flown back ta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DuwpwEQ9vw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It seems the media today is as easy to play as it was a few years ago. Silly media.

The media has always been easy to play. So what?

the software here has hijacked my browser.

not good. not good at all.

typing is in slow motion and other issues.

bye

maybe later

darin
09-10-2010, 07:33 PM
The media has always been easy to play. So what?

the software here has hijacked my browser.

not good. not good at all.

typing is in slow motion and other issues.

bye

maybe later

No it didn't. It's your browser that is jacked.

Dante
09-10-2010, 09:01 PM
No it didn't. It's your browser that is jacked.

any coder worth their salt puts out software that is browser friendly.

If the browser is open and working fine, until on this site...