PDA

View Full Version : Impromptu test of smoke alarms

SassyLady
09-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Well, today I did an impromptu test of the smoke alarms in my house. I'm happy to say that all of them are working just fine!!! All three bedrooms, office, kitchen and livingroom were going off simultaneously ... while I was outside working in the yard. At first I thought the alarm system went off and that someone had brokenin the back door .... but then I REMEMBERED!!!! Oh crap ..... I put some beans on to boil and completely forgot.

Running like crazy I went running around back (because I had not disarmed the alarm for front door).....ran through a cloud of smoke in my bedroom and went to the kitchen and grabbed the pot of beans (or char pieces now) and took them outside. Then I opened all the skylights, windows and doors, turned on the fans and went outside to catch my breath!!! Peeee ewwww!!!

Anyway, after working outside for two hours (and letting all the flies in the neighborhood inside), the house still stank to high heaven (but the alarms went off finally after about 15 minutes of airing). So, I thought the best thing to do was to go shopping!!! I ended up buying some patio furniture so I could sit outside and relax .... and more pots and plants (so I could stay outside) and then I decided I was still too stressed so I went and got a two hour massage!

Came home and there is still the smell of smoke ... so, it's 10:00 and I'm sitting outside on the patio with all the windows open and fans going hoping the cool air will circulate through house faster than earlier.

I really didn't want to have beans for dinner anyway!!! :laugh: