PDA

View Full Version : 9/11/10 - Where is Pres Obama?

red states rule
09-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Onca again, Pres Obama shoves a thumb in the eye of America. He will skip the 9/11 Ground Zero memorial

Kathianne
09-11-2010, 07:52 AM
I got rid of cable yesterday, going with Netflix, so no news.

Right now I've got the radio on, no mention of what happened nearly exactly 9 years ago now.

red states rule
09-11-2010, 07:56 AM

Right now I've got the radio on, no mention of what happened nearly exactly 9 years ago now.

I am thinking of dumping my cable as a cost saving move. I really do not watch much TV anyway

I can stream most radio and talk stations via the computer

You are right, not to much about 9/11 in the liberal media so far

SassyLady
09-11-2010, 08:06 AM
watched a couple hours of documentary on Fox today. Really good review and reminder.

I love my satellite tv .... I can record the shows I want to watch and then I fast forward through commericials and sections I don't want to watch. Get to watch a lot more content in less time.

red states rule
09-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Does Obama have a tee time he has to make today?

I wonder how the liberal media will spin his decision to skip Ground Zero? If they even mention it

Kathianne
09-11-2010, 08:23 AM
watched a couple hours of documentary on Fox today. Really good review and reminder.

I love my satellite tv .... I can record the shows I want to watch and then I fast forward through commericials and sections I don't want to watch. Get to watch a lot more content in less time.

I agree and love the DVR feature. I just cannot justify $70+ per month v $9. per month, not when trying to just make ends meet.

namvet
09-11-2010, 08:32 AM
good. I don't want the son of a bitch there anyway. he's duckin the Mosque controversy. what a coward

President Obama plans to mark the ninth anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks by attending a memorial service at the Pentagon, the White House said Tuesday.

In addition, Vice President Biden will attend services at ground zero in New York, while Michelle Obama will be joined by former First Lady Laura Bush at the Flight 93 memorial near Shanksville, Pa., Robert Gibbs announced at his daily press briefing.

Obama also spoke at the Pentagon in 2009. The decision to return there this year, rather than to commemorate the anniversary in New York, comes weeks after the president weighed in on the controversial proposal to build an Islamic community center and mosque blocks away from the former site of the World Trade Center.
"The 9/11 attacks were a deeply traumatic event for our country. And the pain and the experience of suffering by those who lost loved ones is just unimaginable," he said at a White House Iftar dinner, marking the start of Ramadan, on Aug. 13. "But let me be clear. As a citizen, and as president, I believe that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country."

Obama later clarified that he was not commenting on the "wisdom" of the specific plan for the so-called Park51 complex.

A recent Quinnipiac survey of New York voters found that 53% of respondents agreed that, because of sensitivities of 9/11 victims' families, the community center should be built somewhere else; 39% disagreed.

link (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-pn-terror-anniversary-20100908,0,3312555.story)

red states rule
09-11-2010, 08:35 AM
good. I don't want the son of a bitch there anyway. he's duckin the Mosque controversy. what a coward

link (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-pn-terror-anniversary-20100908,0,3312555.story)

It is another classic example of the "leadership" skills of our President. Duck the voters and hide from what they have to say

However, the voters will speak to him in a lound and clear voice on Novemberr 2

namvet
09-11-2010, 08:46 AM
It is another classic example of the "leadership" skills of our President. Duck the voters and hide from what they have to say

However, the voters will speak to him in a lound and clear voice on Novemberr 2

its just not gettin here fast enough

red states rule
09-11-2010, 08:49 AM
its just not gettin here fast enough

Hey look at it this way. It gives Obama and the Dems more time to turn up the heat and increase the size of their defeat

namvet
09-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Hey look at it this way. It gives Obama and the Dems more time to turn up the heat and increase the size of their defeat

and another day deeper in debt

Hj01Sqi0zic

Pagan
09-11-2010, 09:08 AM
I am thinking of dumping my cable as a cost saving move. I really do not watch much TV anyway

I can stream most radio and talk stations via the computer

You are right, not to much about 9/11 in the liberal media so far

I dumped Cable/Sat and pretty much all broadcast media around 6 years ago and honestly it's the best thing I ever did. Word of warning though, you'll go through withdrawals but after a year you'll realize its the best thing you ever did.

Benefits I've noticed is you will notice you will be able to think much more clearly, no kidding. The brain is like anything else it needs to be worked out. There's a lot of research that shows drastic decrease in brain activity while watching TV. Also I've got as rather vast DVD library now, around 1200 DVD's so far. I also do Netflix, love the streaming and the Roku box just out and out rocks.

Other MAJOR benefits are I started reading again, allot actually. That and when you hear something in regards to news, opinions you do your own research and instead of just repeating the talking heads on TV you form your own opinions based on your own research.

Anyway enjoy, like I said it's a bit tough for 'bout a year but like any addiction once you're over that hump your life vastly improves.

OH and on another note, when it comes to Sports it's so much more enjoyable watching the games in the Pub or live!

Cheers!

red states rule
09-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Namvet, here is great article. You will get while the libs will not

Under pressure from a barrage of bad midterm-election polls, President Obama has gone on the campaign trail to blame Pres. George W. Bush for all our economic problems and to bash House Republican leader John Boehner as nothing more than a Bush retread.

In Friday's dreary news conference, Obama acknowledged that economic progress is "painfully slow" and that voters may blame him for the economy. Yet he nonetheless continued to finger Bush "for policies that cut taxes, especially for millionaires and billionaires, cut regulations for corporations and for special interests, and left everyone else pretty much fending for themselves."

"Millionaires and billionaires" has become Obama's favorite phrase as he calls for tax hikes on the wealthy and renews his attacks on Bush. In Cleveland last week, Obama actually blamed the Bush tax cuts for the financial meltdown and severe recession. Now that's a reach. A big reach.

While Bush made plenty of economic mistakes, his 2003 reductions of marginal tax rates led to more than 8 million new jobs in the next four and a half years. Under Bush, the unemployment rate dropped to 4.6 percent.

And almost all economists agree that the 2007-08 financial meltdown was a housing-bubble and credit event. It had nothing at all to do with cutting taxes.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2010/09/11/bashing_bush_and_boehner_wont_work_107123.html

Meanwhile Obama remains a campaigner and not a leader

red states rule
09-11-2010, 09:11 AM
I dumped Cable/Sat and pretty much all broadcast media around 6 years ago and honestly it's the best thing I ever did. Word of warning though, you'll go through withdrawals but after a year you'll realize its the best thing you ever did.

Benefits I've noticed is you will notice you will be able to think much more clearly, no kidding. The brain is like anything else it needs to be worked out. There's a lot of research that shows drastic decrease in brain activity while watching TV. Also I've got as rather vast DVD library now, around 1200 DVD's so far. I also do Netflix, love the streaming and the Roku box just out and out rocks.

Other MAJOR benefits are I started reading again, allot actually. That and when you hear something in regards to news, opinions you do your own research and instead of just repeating the talking heads on TV you form your own opinions based on your own research.

Anyway enjoy, like I said it's a bit tough for 'bout a year but like any addiction once you're over that hump your life vastly improves.

OH and on another note, when it comes to Sports it's so much more enjoyable watching the games in the Pub or live!

Cheers!

I have alot of DVD's I watch on the wekends

During the week I get up, go to wrok, come home and eat dinner, and go to bed. The TV is there gathering dust

So I might get rid the cable after football season is over

Mr. P
09-11-2010, 09:21 AM

No tv here. I use this daily.

http://streamingradioguide.com/

namvet
09-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Namvet, here is great article. You will get while the libs will not

Meanwhile Obama remains a campaigner and not a leader

maybe back then but now even the craps don't want him standing next to them. all he draws now is flies

red states rule
09-11-2010, 09:26 AM
maybe back then but now even the craps don't want him standing next to them. all he draws now is flies

It is something to see Dems running away from him, and the liberal media getting more vocal in their support for Dems running for reelection

Some even say on the air they hope the Dems win

They are very desperate these days

namvet
09-11-2010, 09:26 AM

During the week I get up, go to wrok, come home and eat dinner, and go to bed. The TV is there gathering dust

same here. a big DVD collection. but ill keep my cable. i just have the basic plus road runner high speed.

namvet
09-11-2010, 09:28 AM
It is something to see Dems running away from him, and the liberal media getting more vocal in their support for Dems running for reelection

Some even say on the air they hope the Dems win

They are very desperate these days

all i hear from the libtard media now is the sound of crickets

red states rule
09-11-2010, 09:28 AM
same here. a big DVD collection. but ill keep my cable. i just have the basic plus road runner high speed.

I have all the 24 seasons, and old shows like the Wild Wild West. I usually do not watch alot of TV except when the NFL is on

red states rule
09-11-2010, 09:29 AM
all i hear from the libtard media now is the sound of crickets

It iwll be fun to watch MSNBC "report" the Dems losses and spin how it means nothing about Obama and his policies

Pagan
09-11-2010, 09:30 AM

I'm lucky, I live Downtown and have a number of pub's literally out my back door that I can catch a game. I'm hearing scuttlebutt though that Roku is negotiating NFL channel, but don't quote me on it. They already have MLB which honestly I'd rather watch paint dry but damn I do love my Football and would love to have it.

Anyway I know what you mean 'bout work, I work a shitload of hours and paying for mostly unwatchable crap due to obscene "your life is not complete without ______ product" every 5 min's the definition of insanity IMO, not to mention a complete waste of time.

http://pix.rejecttheherd.net/d/8451-2/obama-fart.jpg

namvet
09-11-2010, 09:30 AM
No tv here. I use this daily.

http://streamingradioguide.com/

cool thanks for posting. during the day i have the stereo blasting away

red states rule
09-11-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm lucky, I live Downtown and have a number of pub's literally out my back door that I can catch a game. I'm hearing scuttlebutt though that Roku is negotiating NFL channel, but don't quote me on it. They already have MLB which honestly I'd rather watch paint dry but damn I do love my Football and would love to have it.

Anyway I know what you mean 'bout work, I work a shitload of hours and paying for mostly unwatchable crap due to obscene "your life is not complete without ______ product" every 5 min's the definition of insanity IMO, not to mention a complete waste of time.

http://pix.rejecttheherd.net/d/8451-2/obama-fart.jpg

After the NFL season I will dump the cable

I will rely on the computer and my DVD's

namvet
09-11-2010, 09:36 AM

During the week I get up, go to wrok, come home and eat dinner, and go to bed

man do i remember that grind. retirement has set me free!!!!

red states rule
09-11-2010, 09:44 AM
man do i remember that grind. retirement has set me free!!!!

You earned it and now you can enjoy it