PDA

View Full Version : Now Some On The Left Say 9/11 Shouldn't Be Commemorated

red states rule
09-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Leave it to liberals to be the ones who tell us to "get over" 9/11

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=hdkUnz4zDk" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=hdkUnz4zDk" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

DragonStryk72
09-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Actually, he has a solid point, RSR. My sister even left NYC for the weekend just to get away from this crap, and she used to work in those buildings. So, yeah, the WTC get destroyed had an impact on her life. She didn't want to grieve or remember, or any such idiocy, but just to go somewhere where everyone wasn't talking about it.

This isn't about remembering. Trust me, that day's gonna be with me the rest of my life, but face facts: We're ramming it down peoples' throats for no good reason. It's like taking a rape victim back to the place she was raped at just to make sure she remembers it. So every year, we reopen the wounds of 9/11, preventing any real healing from happening. No, instead, the fear society believes that we must bleed over this every single year.

red states rule
09-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Actually, he has a solid point, RSR. My sister even left NYC for the weekend just to get away from this crap, and she used to work in those buildings. So, yeah, the WTC get destroyed had an impact on her life. She didn't want to grieve or remember, or any such idiocy, but just to go somewhere where everyone wasn't talking about it.

This isn't about remembering. Trust me, that day's gonna be with me the rest of my life, but face facts: We're ramming it down peoples' throats for no good reason. It's like taking a rape victim back to the place she was raped at just to make sure she remembers it. So every year, we reopen the wounds of 9/11, preventing any real healing from happening. No, instead, the fear society believes that we must bleed over this every single year.

There will always be people who are willing to prove OBL right. They can attack, kill thousands of civilians thinking America is a paper tiger

Yea, those people are dead so forget about them

DragonStryk72
09-11-2010, 07:24 PM
There will always be people who are willing to prove OBL right. They can attack, kill thousands of civilians thinking America is a paper tiger

Yea, those people are dead so forget about them

Seriously? That's our only two options, forget completely, or have it rammed down our throats repeatedly?

We're already doing shit about it. I was in favor of going after the bastards when we hit Afghanistan. I was against the Iraq war for the reason that it was a distraction from hunting down the rest of Al-Qaeda, including Osama.

on 9/11/01, I almost became an only child, so hand me some bullshit that I'm ever going to forget that. I don't see you on here screaming about the horrors of the Japanese, and their attack on Pearl Harbor, so you want to play the hypocrite, you go ahead and do that.

Stop showing those bastards we're hurt, cause that's alls it shows, is that we're losing our heart. You want to show them something they should fear, well our soldiers are already doing that quite well at this point. Our Army, our Navy, our Marines, and our Air Force don't need you reminding them what they're fighting for. Nor do I need to be told to remember it, it will always be with me, but I do not have let them see me hurt.

red states rule
09-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Seriously? That's our only two options, forget completely, or have it rammed down our throats repeatedly?

We're already doing shit about it. I was in favor of going after the bastards when we hit Afghanistan. I was against the Iraq war for the reason that it was a distraction from hunting down the rest of Al-Qaeda, including Osama.

on 9/11/01, I almost became an only child, so hand me some bullshit that I'm ever going to forget that. I don't see you on here screaming about the horrors of the Japanese, and their attack on Pearl Harbor, so you want to play the hypocrite, you go ahead and do that.

Stop showing those bastards we're hurt, cause that's alls it shows, is that we're losing our heart. You want to show them something they should fear, well our soldiers are already doing that quite well at this point. Our Army, our Navy, our Marines, and our Air Force don't need you reminding them what they're fighting for. Nor do I need to be told to remember it, it will always be with me, but I do not have let them see me hurt.

Rammed down your throat?

Oh, I guess you can't ignore the threads here or turn of the TV eh?

So much for YOUR tolerance

Do you feel the same way about July 4 and Christmas?

BoogyMan
09-11-2010, 07:37 PM
How exactly does remembering the attacks of 9/11 on the anniversary of the event equate to "ramming it down" anyones throat? Can there not be room in a 365 day year for a day of remembrance for the lives lost that day?

DragonStryk72
09-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Rammed down your throat?

Oh, I guess you can't ignore the threads here or turn of the TV eh?

So much for YOUR tolerance

Do you feel the same way about July 4 and Christmas?

You mean, do I enjoy celebrating and remembering positive things? Yes, I do. Both of those were amazingly popular.

And you couldn't have not posted? No, I can't get away from it, I could sit in a room all weekend, and not do anything, but screw you, I shouldn't have to. Almost every TV station, website, debate forum, and jesus god facebook. Even not do anything with that, I still had work, and everyone knows I'm a New Yorker, so they decide I must really want to talk about it, and it must be oh so important to me.

Even failing work and the other stuff, my phone's been getting blown up all day by texts about 9/11. I don't get this many calls on July 4th and Christmas combined.

You don't even really respond to what I'm saying, RSR, you just change your argument with each response. You didn't have to post on a debate forum about it, it wasn't necessity, but I do believe it's important to start getting back on our feet, dusting ourselves off, and moving forward. Continuing to wallow in 9/11 does nothing of any redeeming value.

red states rule
09-11-2010, 07:39 PM
How exactly does remembering the attacks of 9/11 on the anniversary of the event equate to "ramming it down" anyones throat? Can there not be room in a 365 day year for a day of remembrance for the lives lost that day?

Using Dragon's logic, he must really hate Christmas. All that holiday cheer, the decorations, and carols being rammed down his throat must be a nightmare for him

DragonStryk72
09-11-2010, 07:42 PM

Look over the forum and check this for me: How many memorial threads do we have for the attack on Pearl Harbor? Exactly, we don't have any. And hell, that plunged us into World War II. I don't mind a day of remembrance, when it is not on every tv station, radio station, on facebook, forums, and every other device for interacting with others.

Again, there is no redeeming value in coming back to this every year. It's like when you were a kid and got beat up, you did your best not to cry about it, got up, and carried on. Why can't we do that? We were able to do it 60 years ago after Pearl Harbor, so why have we lost the strength to move past this?

DragonStryk72
09-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Using Dragon's logic, he must really hate Christmas. All that holiday cheer, the decorations, and carols being rammed down his throat must be a nightmare for him

That you for both proving me right, and ignoring my post.

red states rule
09-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Look over the forum and check this for me: How many memorial threads do we have for the attack on Pearl Harbor? Exactly, we don't have any. And hell, that plunged us into World War II. I don't mind a day of remembrance, when it is not on every tv station, radio station, on facebook, forums, and every other device for interacting with others.

Again, there is no redeeming value in coming back to this every year. It's like when you were a kid and got beat up, you did your best not to cry about it, got up, and carried on. Why can't we do that? We were able to do it 60 years ago after Pearl Harbor, so why have we lost the strength to move past this?

Eh, we are at war now. So stop being so thin skinned and if you don't like those of us who wan to honer those murdered on 9-11. just ignore it

Pagan
09-11-2010, 07:47 PM
That you for both proving me right, and ignoring my post.

Liberal Left Wing NeoCon's, they have a habit of that, hell even after you piss in their koolaid they still drink it and Parrot the Party leadership.

red states rule
09-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Liberal Left Wing NeoCon's, they have a habit of that, hell even after you piss in their koolaid they still drink it and Parrot the Party leadership.

Wow, Dragon is attracting a following now. What a pair these two make

BoogyMan
09-11-2010, 07:55 PM

I see remembrances of Pearl Harbor EVERY December 7th. You really don't have a point at all with that line of commentary.

You don't see it, millions of others do. You have no place demanding they stop because it doesn't hold any place in your being to remember the innocent lives lost that day.

Your argument about Pearl Harbor is a failed one because as I have already pointed out, that attack is remembered EVERY December 7th on a nationwide basis.

How about going to Hickam and blowing that hooey about how we don't remember Pearl Harbor? I doubt you would make it through all the love they would show you.

krisy
09-11-2010, 07:59 PM
It is apparent that millions DO want to remember this day in many different ways. That's their choice and they have te right to do it. It's apparent from the ceremonies that many many families want to remember as well.

I thnk its about honoring people as well.:salute:

Pagan
09-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Actually I've always thought that a design along these lines would be best as a "reminder". ;)

http://www.balloon-juice.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/newwtc.jpg

red states rule
09-12-2010, 06:17 AM
Hey Dragon, were you upset over Al Sharpton remembering the 45th anniversary of MLK's "I Have A Dream" speech?

Kathianne
09-12-2010, 07:36 AM
I see remembrances of Pearl Harbor EVERY December 7th. You really don't have a point at all with that line of commentary.

You don't see it, millions of others do. You have no place demanding they stop because it doesn't hold any place in your being to remember the innocent lives lost that day.

Your argument about Pearl Harbor is a failed one because as I have already pointed out, that attack is remembered EVERY December 7th on a nationwide basis.

How about going to Hickam and blowing that hooey about how we don't remember Pearl Harbor? I doubt you would make it through all the love they would show you.

Yeah, I agree with you. Those that served in the Pacific during WWII, never forgot. They certainly did not applaud those 'remembering' the bombs at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, while downplaying the beginning of the war. Did FDR's administration 'cause' the Japanese to act as they did? Sounds eerily familiar refrain. It's always America's fault.