PDA

View Full Version : Others' thoughts on K2 and/or Homegrown 50?

KitchenKitten99
09-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Should it continue to be legal?

SassyLady
09-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Should it continue to be legal?

What are they?

KitchenKitten99
09-13-2010, 03:48 PM
What are they?

http://www.k2incenseblend.com/

There is no website for Homegrown 50, but it is the same thing. Here is a local ad on Craigslist.org for it. Not sure if it is legal to sell this way, but whatever. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/for/1890505139.html

It is a synthetic cannabis, however it is marketed as an "herbal blend" and sold as incense, but only sold to kids over 18 if you buy it in an actual shop (usually found in head shops, sometimes found in gas stations or tobacco shops). You could probably find a private party 'seller' (i.e. dealer).

However this is, as you may have guessed, actually smoked how marijuana is, and from what I have heard from people who have tried it, it gives a similar high, but with somewhat different effects.

There is a headshop here that sells the Homegrown 50 (made here in St. Paul) but makes kids sign a waver that they aren't responsible for how it is used outside the store (which it cannot be used inside anyway). They sell the stuff in pouches similar to those used by drug dealers selling pot and other stuff.

The fact that they sell this as 'incense' confuses me because I am at a loss as to how you would keep it lit burning it AS its 'advertised' intent.
Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_cannabis

PostmodernProphet
09-13-2010, 04:57 PM
local police held a seminar on K2....didn't attend but I know the message was "really dangerous".....do you have info otherwise?......

KitchenKitten99
09-13-2010, 05:03 PM
local police held a seminar on K2....didn't attend but I know the message was "really dangerous".....do you have info otherwise?......

The guys I know that have tried it says it has a similar feeling to pot, but you are completely aware of your surroundings. They said it feels like you are drunk from the neck down. Issues with motor skills, but your head is completely clear. Kind of like a nerve/body/brain disconnect or cross-wire.

My impression is that this cannot be good.

Should it be outlawed? I dunno... Outlawing things just make them that more prized to obtain.

However I think that the way this stuff is marketed and sold (incense vs. what it really is-synthetic marijuana) is very deceptive due to the effects of it when smoked.

PostmodernProphet
09-13-2010, 10:34 PM
The guys I know that have tried it says it has a similar feeling to pot, but you are completely aware of your surroundings.

and then the other guy died.....

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-spice-death-080410,0,1021879.story

SassyLady
09-14-2010, 01:56 AM
I would have to say no.

Trigg
09-14-2010, 04:00 PM
They've made it illegal in a few of the counties around here, because it's "dangerous and kids are smoking it".

Kids are also huffing paint and keyboard cleaner and I don't see those being banned. The ONLY reason IMHO that they're having such a cow over K2 is because it looks like pot.

PostmodernProphet
09-14-2010, 04:24 PM
They've made it illegal in a few of the counties around here, because it's "dangerous and kids are smoking it".

Kids are also huffing paint and keyboard cleaner and I don't see those being banned. The ONLY reason IMHO that they're having such a cow over K2 is because it looks like pot.

yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with dead people....

Trigg
09-15-2010, 04:36 PM

I don't see them making paint illegal.......kids have died huffing that stuff also.

Kids die huffing and smoking all sorts of household cleaners.

They're making this stuff illegal because it looks like pot.

Mr. P
09-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Unlike Pot this stuff kills people and is more expensive than Pot.

Pot is illegal but K2 isn't...Go figure.

DragonStryk72
09-16-2010, 12:29 AM

you're right, it doesn't, cause cigs have more kills than pretty much any drug on the market at this point, and they're sold pretty much everywhere last I checked.

Nukeman
09-16-2010, 06:39 AM
AND what about the dead from methodone overdoses, cigs, alcohol, ibuprofin, birth control pills, cars, escelators, elevators, automatic doors, swimming in the ocean, riding a bike, riding a motorcycle, skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, hiking, camping, or hell just sitting in your chair!!!!!!!!

The point PMP is that there are inherent risk in EVERYTHING, be an activity or a medication or a recreational drug. The main outcry for this is due to the fact that it is "like marijuna" that is the ONLY reason there is such a swift action on it...

I find it ironic that we look for drugs and spend billions of dollars developing new medications that do the same thing as marijuna and those are legal yet the one God gave us readily available and EASY to grow (dont call it ditch weed for nothing) is illegal!!! Go figure......

PostmodernProphet
09-16-2010, 07:43 AM
are you people for real?.......I suppose we should get rid of stop signs, too....after all, there is an inherent risk of death involved with driving......maybe if we painted them to look like a leaf of marijuana, then stop signs would look like marijuana too and it would be wrong to get rid of them, then.......

PostmodernProphet
09-16-2010, 07:46 AM
I don't see them making paint illegal.......

there's another purpose for paint than inhaling it.....what is the purpose of K2?........

Nukeman
09-16-2010, 08:36 AM
are you people for real?.......I suppose we should get rid of stop signs, too....after all, there is an inherent risk of death involved with driving......maybe if we painted them to look like a leaf of marijuana, then stop signs would look like marijuana too and it would be wrong to get rid of them, then.......

No PMP are YOU for real. I personaly could care less if they make K2 illegal but the point is why the speedy path to making it so when we have so many other things that are causing death to individuals. Using your logic anything that causes death should be illegal and that is what we have been trying to show you is that is just plane silly!!!!!

Nukeman
09-16-2010, 08:37 AM
there's another purpose for paint than inhaling it.....what is the purpose of K2?........

than why don't we make paint available to only those OVER 21!!!!!!!!!!!

The original "purpose" of K2 is incense!!!!!!!!!!!! So are you saying that if something has a secondary use it should remain legal???????

PostmodernProphet
09-16-2010, 11:00 AM
The original "purpose" of K2 is incense!!!!!!!!!!!! So are you saying that if something has a secondary use it should remain legal???????

lol.....are you really claiming K2 was intended to be incense?....

PostmodernProphet
09-16-2010, 11:02 AM
No PMP are YOU for real. I personaly could care less if they make K2 illegal but the point is why the speedy path to making it so when we have so many other things that are causing death to individuals. Using your logic anything that causes death should be illegal and that is what we have been trying to show you is that is just plane silly!!!!!

I guess you're right.....we shouldn't tell people that kids are dying from it, we should just keep our mouths shut and let them find out about it by themselves.....after all, it's just a few teenagers here and there, and we have lots of them......the same thing was true about the eggs last month......why on earth did we recall a half billion eggs.....it was just a few cases of salmonella poisoning......

Nukeman
09-16-2010, 11:37 AM
I guess you're right.....we shouldn't tell people that kids are dying from it, we should just keep our mouths shut and let them find out about it by themselves.....after all, it's just a few teenagers here and there, and we have lots of them......the same thing was true about the eggs last month......why on earth did we recall a half billion eggs.....it was just a few cases of salmonella poisoning......
Ohh yaa scores of people dying from this..........

The following report is dated Aug 10, 2010

If toxicology results confirm K2, Tate's would be the first death in the country known to be connected with K2.

No We are not saying that "you should just keep your mouth shut" about the dangers but we have a knee-jerk reaction to ANYTHING that resembles marijuna!!! I would ask you why do you think that is???????????

You haven't answered the question as to why we haven't banned all these other forms of activities and "legal" drugs that kill people!!!!

PostmodernProphet
09-16-2010, 01:11 PM
No We are not saying that "you should just keep your mouth shut" about the dangers but we have a knee-jerk reaction to ANYTHING that resembles marijuna!!! I would ask you why do you think that is???????????

You haven't answered the question as to why we haven't banned all these other forms of activities and "legal" drugs that kill people!!!!

are you kidding?.....this is a square foil packet....it resembles a condom more than it resembles marijuana....why do you have a knee jerk reaction to stopping distribution of something that has in fact killed people.....because you're afraid someone won't let you smoke weed?.....newsflash....you already can't smoke weed.....

I think it's wrong to argue we can't have a rational response to this simply because you want to make marijuana legal....get over it.....

Mr. P
09-16-2010, 01:20 PM
are you kidding?.....this is a square foil packet....it resembles a condom more than it resembles marijuana....why do you have a knee jerk reaction to stopping distribution of something that has in fact killed people.....because you're afraid someone won't let you smoke weed?.....newsflash....you already can't smoke weed.....

I think it's wrong to argue we can't have a rational response to this simply because you want to make marijuana legal....get over it.....
LOL..So, tell me PMP, what do you have against freedom to make personal choices? How does someone smoking pot in the privacy of their home affect you ?

Nukeman
09-16-2010, 02:07 PM

Dude for the record I haven't smoked marijuana in YEARS!!!!!!! so your argument is moot...... And "news flash" the little foil package is just what it is packaged in otherwise it "looks' like marijuana!!!!!

Like P said what is YOUR problem if someone wants to smoke in the PRIVACY of their OWN home!!!!!!!

Personaly if they made it legal they could tax the hell out of it, maybe balance some of these damn budgets!!!!!!! Just because your some kind of prude that thinks he should impose his morals on others is YOUR problem..... I say let people do what they want ....as long as they DON'T hurt others!!! Their body their choioce.... haven't we heard that somewhere before!?!?!?!!?

PostmodernProphet
09-16-2010, 05:09 PM
LOL..So, tell me PMP, what do you have against freedom to make personal choices? How does someone smoking pot in the privacy of their home affect you ?

why are you asking me questions about pot.....this thread isn't about pot, wasn't about pot in the beginning, wasn't about pot in the middle, isn't about pot now.....there was a question about K2, a comment about someone dying from K2 and Nukeman pissed off because someone complained about K2.....

I don't think you should let kids die from using K2 just because you want to draw a parallel to marijuana......

PostmodernProphet
09-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Like P said what is YOUR problem if someone wants to smoke in the PRIVACY of their OWN home!!!!!!!

I don't have a problem with it....like I said, we have lots of teenagers, who cares if a few of them die.....

Trigg
09-16-2010, 05:48 PM
I don't have a problem with it....like I said, we have lots of teenagers, who cares if a few of them die.....

1 has died.........1

more have died huffing paint and keyboard cleaner, those are still legal.

This ban is a knee jerk reaction to an incense because it happens to look like pot. There is no other reason to ban the stuff.

Nukeman
09-16-2010, 06:03 PM
why are you asking me questions about pot.....this thread isn't about pot, wasn't about pot in the beginning, wasn't about pot in the middle, isn't about pot now.....there was a question about K2, a comment about someone dying from K2 and Nukeman pissed off because someone complained about K2.....

I don't think you should let kids die from using K2 just because you want to draw a parallel to marijuana......

Really, "pissed off" uh wrong again...... Did you or did you NOT read what I posted I said I could care less if the ban the stuff or make it illegal. Your the one "appearing" m"pissed" here PMP.

Once again I will state it is a knee jerk reaction BECAUSE it mimics POT!!!!!

Mr. P
09-16-2010, 08:33 PM

Yer right it's not the topic per se. I was addressing your post #21? :poke:

PostmodernProphet
09-16-2010, 10:06 PM
Really, "pissed off" uh wrong again...... Did you or did you NOT read what I posted I said I could care less if the ban the stuff or make it illegal. Your the one "appearing" m"pissed" here PMP.

Once again I will state it is a knee jerk reaction BECAUSE it mimics POT!!!!!

I wasn't aware pot was killing anyone.....

PostmodernProphet
09-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Yer right it's not the topic per se. I was addressing your post #21? :poke:

no you weren't....my post was about K2....you were asking about pot.....that isn't addressing my post, that's changing the subject....

PostmodernProphet
09-16-2010, 10:10 PM
1 has died.........1

more have died huffing paint and keyboard cleaner, those are still legal.

This ban is a knee jerk reaction to an incense because it happens to look like pot. There is no other reason to ban the stuff.
sorry, Trigg, but that is an exceptionally stupid response...there are reasons we have paint and keyboard cleaner that have nothing to do with recreational drugs.....the ONLY purpose for K2 is to use it in a way that may be fatal.....

now if that doesn't bother you, go buy some for your kids......but don't tell me my reaction is simply knee jerk.....

PostmodernProphet
09-16-2010, 10:13 PM
1 has died.........1

actually there were four listed on the first page of googling "deaths from K2" (not counting some mountain climbers who died in Himalya).....

Mr. P
09-16-2010, 10:26 PM

I think it's wrong to argue we can't have a rational response to this simply because you want to make marijuana legal....get over it.... .

no you weren't....my post was about K2....you were asking about pot.....that isn't addressing my post, that's changing the subject....
Clearly you didn't review yer own post.

Noir
09-16-2010, 10:57 PM
I stayed outa this topic cus I assumed it was to do with investment funds (like the 401k or whatever it is)

But now I've given it a jeff juke...
I think it should remain legal, as much as I hate drugs and as much as I look down on this who use them (not an ideal position but one I feel obliged to take) the more I've learned about drug laws the clearer it becomes that they just don't work and cost a considerable amount of money at the same time.

PostmodernProphet
09-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Clearly you didn't review yer own post.

so reminding someone we aren't talking about weed, means we are now talking about weed?.......dayum, your logic astounds me.......

Noir
09-17-2010, 08:02 AM
so reminding someone we aren't talking about weed, means we are now talking about weed?.......dayum, your logic astounds me.......

Erm, dude, you clearly were talking about weed in your post, and put points to Mr. P about weed. =/

But by way of wondering, do you want all drugs that can kill made illegal, or just some?

PostmodernProphet
09-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Erm, dude, you clearly were talking about weed in your post, and put points to Mr. P about weed. =/

But by way of wondering, do you want all drugs that can kill made illegal, or just some?

I don't want drugs that can kill made illegal....I want drugs that can kill distributed free to those who choose to use them....then we won't have to listen to the whining any more.....

Noir
09-17-2010, 11:15 AM
I don't want drugs that can kill made illegal....I want drugs that can kill distributed free to those who choose to use them....then we won't have to listen to the whining any more.....

Mkay, for a minute there I thought you wanted the OP drug made illegal...

Trigg
09-17-2010, 01:14 PM

It isn't a drug it's an incense. It was never meant to be a drug and it certainly was never meant to be smoked.

If we made everything that ignorant people huff, smoke or inject illegal there would be almost no household cleaners or paint supplies left.

1 proven death from K2, the rest are suspected.

PostmodernProphet
09-17-2010, 03:02 PM
It isn't a drug it's an incense. It was never meant to be a drug and it certainly was never meant to be smoked.

right.....and bongs were meant to be urinals......

Mr. P
09-17-2010, 10:10 PM
right.....and bongs were meant to be urinals......
I raspberry yer obfuscation in this thread it's Soooo transparent. Should it be legal or not? Why?

PostmodernProphet
09-17-2010, 10:30 PM
I raspberry yer obfuscation in this thread it's Soooo transparent. Should it be legal or not? Why?

I've answered it....all drugs should not only be legal but they should be provided to users free of charge.....we should also provide large dormitories for addicts to live in......that would make it simpler to collect the bodies and dispose of them hygienically......

this would eliminate the Mexican drug cartels, free up the majority of our prison space and balance the budget.....it would also eliminate a large number of liberals and likely put conservatives in control of the government for decades....

next question.....

Mr. P
09-17-2010, 10:39 PM
I've answered it....all drugs should not only be legal but they should be provided to users free of charge.....we should also provide large dormitories for addicts to live in......that would make it simpler to collect the bodies and dispose of them hygienically......

this would eliminate the Mexican drug cartels, free up the majority of our prison space and balance the budget.....it would also eliminate a large number of liberals and likely put conservatives in control of the government for decades....

next question.....LOL..And who pays for these "FREE" drugs, Einstein? :poke:

PostmodernProphet
09-17-2010, 10:54 PM
LOL..And who pays for these "FREE" drugs, Einstein? :poke:

???....we pick them up cheap from the folks who used to smuggle them across the border.....since no one is buying them any more, the price has really dropped.....Edison....:poke:

besides, we won't have to supply them very long.....how long you think the addicts are going to last with a free supply of drugs.....six months?....a year?.....

Mr. P
09-17-2010, 11:00 PM
???....we pick them up cheap from the folks who used to smuggle them across the border.....since no one is buying them any more, the price has really dropped.....Edison....:poke:

besides, we won't have to supply them very long.....how long you think the addicts are going to last with a free supply of drugs.....six months?....a year?.....
Once more..WHO pays for these "FREE" drugs?

Noir
09-18-2010, 05:13 AM

next question.....

http://captionsearch.com/pix/t1gb4klq3.jpg

PostmodernProphet
09-18-2010, 07:47 AM
Once more..WHO pays for these "FREE" drugs?

we seize them in raids on drug suppliers.....

PostmodernProphet
09-18-2010, 07:53 AM
you's trollin

not really, this is just a slight variation from a position I've talked about for years......

as long as pushers can see a profit from selling drugs they will create new addicts by supplying young kids with cheap or free samples.......you can solve the drug problem by removing the profit motive......it would cost us a tiny fraction of what dealing with drug problems currently costs us......and, since we wouldn't have new addicts, we only have to do it until the old ones die off......

Mr. P
09-18-2010, 01:30 PM
we seize them in raids on drug suppliers..... Yeah right, hows that war on drugs going?

not really, this is just a slight variation from a position I've talked about for years......

as long as pushers can see a profit from selling drugs they will create new addicts by supplying young kids with cheap or free samples.......you can solve the drug problem by removing the profit motive......it would cost us a tiny fraction of what dealing with drug problems currently costs us......and, since we wouldn't have new addicts, we only have to do it until the old ones die off...... The weakness in this argument is the demand. It'll always be there it has nothing to do with "pushers". See above..it ain't workin. Hey, bottom line I think we agree. Sorta. Maybe? Damn:laugh:

Noir
09-18-2010, 05:46 PM

as long as pushers can see a profit from selling drugs they will create new addicts by supplying young kids with cheap or free samples.......you can solve the drug problem by removing the profit motive......it would cost us a tiny fraction of what dealing with drug problems currently costs us......and, since we wouldn't have new addicts, we only have to do it until the old ones die off......

But this is to all drugs right? Like weed and alcohol too?

PostmodernProphet
09-18-2010, 05:47 PM
The weakness in this argument is the demand. It'll always be there it has nothing to do with "pushers". See above..it ain't workin. Hey, bottom line I think we agree. Sorta. Maybe? Damn:laugh:
you really think people go out of their way to become addicts?....there can't be that many stupid people in the world.....

PostmodernProphet
09-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Yeah right, hows that war on drugs going?

we could get it from Mumbai....

Mumbai has been on an all-time high since the past year in narcotic drug seizures made by the Anti-Narcotics Cell (ANC) of the Mumbai police.

The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) pointed out that the rise was around 500%.

NCB figures showed that the drugs seized from August 2009 till this July by the ANC alone was around 5,661kg, while earlier it was 497kg; it includes marijuana, hashish, brown sugar, cocaine and heroin.

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_mumbai-on-high-drug-seizures-up-by-500pct_1436525

PostmodernProphet
09-18-2010, 05:51 PM
But this is to all drugs right? Like weed and alcohol too?

nah, just the ones that will kill off the addicts for us......just think of it as assisted suicide.....I know liberals are big on assisted suicide....

Mr. P
09-18-2010, 11:01 PM
you really think people go out of their way to become addicts?....there can't be that many stupid people in the world.....
Oh, believe me..there are..I deal with em everyday.

KitchenKitten99
09-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Oh, believe me..there are..I deal with em everyday.

I do too. There really does need to be a little more chlorine in the world's gene pool.