PDA

View Full Version : What if you did hate Muslims?

chloe
09-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Muslim is not a race right? It's just a religion so if you hated the muslim religion then you would be a religion bigot right?

Yet alot of people who have been outraged at what they percieve as "Muslim" bigotry or racism, don't seem to have a problem with Christian bigotry or anti-religion sentiments altogether.

Can anyone explain why that is?

Why is it ok to be angry and hold the christian religion in contempt for various reasons and its ok to pick apart the bible but its not ok to pick apart the muslim religion, or the koran?

Noir
09-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Yeah I think the only terms that really 'fit' are bigot and prejudice.

Annnnd it happens because people can't help but be hypocrites.

chloe
09-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Yeah I think the only terms that really 'fit' are bigot and prejudice.

Annnnd it happens because people can't help but be hypocrites.

So are people are aware it's hypocritical and they don't care?

Or do they somehow think one religious bigotry is ok but another isn't?

Noir
09-13-2010, 08:34 PM
So are people are aware it's hypocritical and they don't care?

Or do they somehow think one religious bigotry is ok but another isn't?

Well, I would think they have to be aware of the hypocrisy, but then again, they may indeed be blinded by their own prejudice into not thinking they are prejudice.

Pagan
09-13-2010, 08:50 PM
I will make no bones about the fact that I in general loath and despise all religions but at the same time I will not be a bigot and judge a person on what religion they subscribe too. For I form my opinions by the content of their character and their actions. As much as I hold in contempt religion I also have great admiration for some religious people. Like my Father who is in my hero is a very devout Christian, then there are the likes of Mother Teresa who I am in complete awe. I find most religious people have difficulty with this concept, but oh well.

Anyway it's all about the "Herd" mentality, those who are different are a threat to the Herd. Currently Islam is the bastard step child on the whipping post due to the radical zealots and their Jihad. But oh the Christians who are so quick to deny and ignore their past and also their current radical zealots who are the same.

-- end of rant --

chloe
09-13-2010, 09:06 PM
I will make no bones about the fact that I in general loath and despise all religions but at the same time I will not be a bigot and judge a person on what religion they subscribe too. For I form my opinions by the content of their character and their actions. As much as I hold in contempt religion I also have great admiration for some religious people. Like my Father who is in my hero is a very devout Christian, then there are the likes of Mother Teresa who I am in complete awe. I find most religious people have difficulty with this concept, but oh well.

Anyway it's all about the "Herd" mentality, those who are different are a threat to the Herd. Currently Islam is the bastard step child on the whipping post due to the radical zealots and their Jihad. But oh the Christians who are so quick to deny and ignore their past and also their current radical zealots who are the same.

-- end of rant --

so you are against all religious bigotry then ?

Pagan
09-13-2010, 10:37 PM
so you are against all religious bigotry then ?

Very much so, everyone has a right to believe in what they believe in as long as they don't try to shove it down mine or any others throats. If you're solid in your beliefs you're not threatened by the beliefs of others, actually embracing and learning about the beliefs of others usually serves to strengthen your own beliefs. Those who attempt to silence like for example ban/outlaw the beliefs of others only show the weakness of their own convictions.

SassyLady
09-14-2010, 01:52 AM
I'm a bigot when it comes to certain things ... bigot = intolerant.

For example:

I am a bigot towards pedophilia.
I am a bigot towards addicts.
I am a bigot towards extremists.....especially religious extremists, no matter what the religion.

So, am I a bigot about the Muslim religion?....only if it is used it to infringe upon people's freedoms.....and I feel that way about any religion.

abso
09-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Muslim is not a race right? It's just a religion so if you hated the muslim religion then you would be a religion bigot right?

Yet alot of people who have been outraged at what they percieve as "Muslim" bigotry or racism, don't seem to have a problem with Christian bigotry or anti-religion sentiments altogether.

Why is it ok to be angry and hold the christian religion in contempt for various reasons and its ok to pick apart the bible but its not ok to pick apart the muslim religion, or the koran?

who said that its ok to burn or to tear apart the bible !!!, when muslims object to burning the quran that doesnt mean at all that they are ok with burning the bible !!!

in Quran, Allah orders all muslims to respect Judaism and Christianity, and their holy books, Torah and Bible, if any muslim burn or tear apart the Torah or the bible, then they are sinners according to the islamic religions, as the bible and Torah are holy books to us, we are not allowed to despise or burn or tear apart any bible or torah, we must respect the three holy religions and their messengers, Moses, Jesus, Muhammed, thats our religion.

Kathianne
09-17-2010, 03:07 PM
who said that its ok to burn or to tear apart the bible !!!, when muslims object to burning the quran that doesnt mean at all that they are ok with burning the bible !!!

in Quran, Allah orders all muslims to respect Judaism and Christianity, and their holy books, Torah and Bible, if any muslim burn or tear apart the Torah or the bible, then they are sinners according to the islamic religions, as the bible and Torah are holy books to us, we are not allowed to despise or burn or tear apart any bible or torah, we must respect the three holy religions and their messengers, Moses, Jesus, Muhammed, thats our religion.
Muslims have burned the bible, many burn the US and Israeli flags whenever it's not raining out.

I think it's stupid to burn a book, any book. However HERE it's a protected right to act stupid with your own property. See Muslims building NYC mosque or threat, not done, to burn Korans.

abso
09-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Muslims have burned the bible, many burn the US and Israeli flags whenever it's not raining out.

I think it's stupid to burn a book, any book. However HERE it's a protected right to act stupid with your own property. See Muslims building NYC mosque or threat, not done, to burn Korans.

its not my problem if a muslim is a sinner and burned quran, thats not something i would agree too, and not something the Quran agrees with.

personally, if i see someone is burning the bible in front of me, i wont care if he is muslim or christian or jewish, i will just stop him, because thats what my religion tells me to do.

and just for my info, where exactly did muslims burn the bible ?, as an egyptian, it has never happened here in egypt that someone burned a single bible, its against the law.

and its against the law to burn the bible in all the arabian countries, and i never heared of any Imam calling for the burning of the Bible, as the islamic religion itself calls for the respect and love of jesus, so how can we burn the bible !!!

Jesus Christ and mother Mary are considered holy and highly revered by every Muslim.

This is mainly why Muslims cannot retaliate against burning al Quran by burning any copy of the Bible because Islam decrees that Muslims should respect and honor the Bible and Torah as well.

but about flags, everyone have the right to burn the flag of any country which he does not agree with its actions, as a flag represents that country and its policies, you can go ahead and burn any arabian flag, i wont care.

Noir
09-17-2010, 06:23 PM
personally, if i see someone is burning the bible in front of me, i wont care if he is muslim or christian or jewish, i will just stop him, because thats what my religion tells me to do.

Luckly, what your religion tells you to do is superseded by the Constituton.
Suppression of free speech isn't uncommon among religions, though I am surprised you're so blunt about it,

abso
09-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Luckly, what your religion tells you to do is superseded by the Constituton.
Suppression of free speech isn't uncommon among religions, though I am surprised you're so blunt about it,

freedom of speech has nothing to do with burning the Quran, if someone hates muslims or quran, then he can walk in the streets and talk about it with the people as much as he want,none will stop him from talking, but he dont have the right to burn our holy book.

Noir
09-17-2010, 07:20 PM
freedom of speech has nothing to do with burning the Quran, if someone hates muslims or quran, then he can walk in the streets and talk about it with the people as much as he want,none will stop him from talking, but he dont have the right to burn our holy book.

Yes it does. 'Speech' does not just mean spoken words, as explained by the Supreme court.

PostmodernProphet
09-17-2010, 10:42 PM
is all opposition, bigotry?......for example, as a Christian I consider Satanism a perversion.....do I really need to be tolerant of Satanism?.....and as you may have noticed, I'm not very fond of atheists, either....

how about religions that call for human sacrifice?......I suspect some of you might even find religions unsavory if they relied on cat sacrifices.........

abso
09-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Yes it does. 'Speech' does not just mean spoken words, as explained by the Supreme court.

freedom of speech doesnt include insulting others, if the american freedom is to be free to insult and burn and hurt whoever you want, then it needs to be rethought, people shouldnt be allowed to insult each other, that will only breed more and more hate, and violence.

they just want to do it to say that they are free to do it !!!, then they say that islamic radicals are terrorists because of the death threats they get, then why cant they just leave the Islam alone, if someone is stupid and radical, why would i try to annoy him, cant i just leave him alone !!!, if i try to bully someone, then i shouldnt be complaining from the result, some sane people will just ignore or respond wisely, and some crazy people will just make death threats, and some radicals may even execute those threats, but why should i provoke all those people in the first place, is it just to say that i am free to do it ???

Noir
09-18-2010, 05:24 AM
freedom of speech doesnt include insulting others, if the american freedom is to be free to insult and burn and hurt whoever you want, then it needs to be rethought, people shouldnt be allowed to insult each other, that will only breed more and more hate, and violence.

they just want to do it to say that they are free to do it !!!, then they say that islamic radicals are terrorists because of the death threats they get, then why cant they just leave the Islam alone, if someone is stupid and radical, why would i try to annoy him, cant i just leave him alone !!!, if i try to bully someone, then i shouldnt be complaining from the result, some sane people will just ignore or respond wisely, and some crazy people will just make death threats, and some radicals may even execute those threats, but why should i provoke all those people in the first place, is it just to say that i am free to do it ???

Lol dude, seriously. So it's okay to have freedom of speech aslong as you don't insult or offend someone :laugh:

So if someone tells me the town they live in is better than mine, and I'm offended, censure them? What about if I find it disrespectful that they laugh when I say that Zues created the world, or what if a sports commentator slags off my football team because they have a bad season, all of those things are against free speech?

Heck, I'm offened when I turn on the radio to hear what passes for music nowadays, but that doesn't give me the right to try and stop those bands vetting air time, because (and this is really the key of an argument like this) I don't have the right not to be offended, nor do you and nor does any other living person.

Noir
09-18-2010, 05:27 AM
then why cant they just leave the Islam alone,

I didn't catch that the first time, re-read this quote to yourself a few times, if nothing hits you then you've got some serious problems.

Abbey Marie
09-18-2010, 08:39 AM

What a laughable concept of free speech. It brings to mind that sister-in-law of yours who has the temerity to say "stupid" things, which apparently made her deserving of a beating or two. Seriously, thanks for the window into the Muslim mind on both counts. I don't think most Americans realize just how wack you are.

Trigg
09-18-2010, 09:59 AM

Muslims should be casting the crazies out of their religion, not bending over backwards to appease them.

Lets not insult the radicals...don't want to make them unhappy.....they'll blow something\someone up if they're unhappy. That is not the way to treat them, it only gives them more power.

If your religion is truly about peace and harmony than it is your religions DUTY to stop the radicals and educate them.

Noir
09-18-2010, 10:21 AM
@Abso, every time I read that post I spot something I didn't before that makes it seem even more silly, I vote it as a contender for the DP worst post of the year 2010.

Noir
09-18-2010, 10:43 AM
is all opposition, bigotry?......for example, as a Christian I consider Satanism a perversion.....do I really need to be tolerant of Satanism?.....and as you may have noticed, I'm not very fond of atheists, either....

how about religions that call for human sacrifice?......I suspect some of you might even find religions unsavory if they relied on cat sacrifices.........

You need to tolerate satanism to the extent that you understand you have no legal right to stop it being practiced.

And animals are sacrificed every day for the Gods of Burger King, McDonalds and so forth, again, nothing wrong with personal disgust, along as theirs an understanding that there is no legal wrong (alothougb in some cases animals are subject to rights, like when they are pets, Inwhich case you can take legal action on them)

Noir
09-18-2010, 10:46 AM
@Pagan, I know you're trying to get a point across, but gore pics aren't needed to serve that purpose.

PostmodernProphet
09-18-2010, 01:12 PM
And how about casting the crazies out of your religion?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/18053059/America-is-Funding-Christian-Militants
America is funding Christian militants in India, like that they have done for TalibanThis is with the aimto create christian nations in India by breaking it.American president Bush elected with the help of the christian fanatics distribute funds from white house.Millions of dollarsflows to christian missionaries andChristian NGOs in India.The seriousness of this situation can be gauged by the fact that christians run most of the 4000 NGOs in India and most of them are involved in misinformation and conversion activities. Christian fundamentalism withits funding from the United States, is orchestrated with enormous guile, secrecy, corporate skill, and is disintegrating India

it takes a special kind of idiot to claim that the National Liberation Front of Tripura is a Christian organization.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Liberation_Front_of_Tripura

PostmodernProphet
09-18-2010, 01:15 PM
You need to tolerate satanism to the extent that you understand you have no legal right to stop it being practiced.

so what.....does that mean I don't have the right to despise them?......bigotry means something different that obeying the law, I presume.....

am I bigoted if I despise someone who cuts small children into pieces and feeds them to his pit bulls?......

Pagan
09-18-2010, 01:18 PM
it takes a special kind of idiot to claim that the National Liberation Front of Tripura is a Christian organization.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Liberation_Front_of_Tripura

Really?

OK if you say so -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/717775.stm
The NLFT is accused of forcing Tripura's indigenous tribes to become Christians and give up Hindu forms of worship in areas under their control.

The NLFT manifesto says that they want to expand what they describe as the kingdom of God and Christ in Tripura.

PostmodernProphet
09-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Really?

OK if you say so -

The NLFT is accused of forcing Tripura's indigenous tribes to become Christians and give up Hindu forms of worship in areas under their control.

The NLFT manifesto says that they want to expand what they describe as the kingdom of God and Christ in Tripura.

yeah, I say so...one church employee was arrested five years ago, hardly equates to the NLFT being a front for the Baptist church....and for you to claim otherwise says a great deal about your own bigotry....

Pagan
09-18-2010, 01:22 PM
yeah, I say so...one church employee was arrested five years ago, hardly equates to the NLFT being a front for the Baptist church....and for you to claim otherwise says a great deal about your own bigotry....

Really?

OK if you say so -

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/para/nlft.htm
The National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) was formed in December 1989 for the purpose of seceding from India in order to create an independent Christian fundamentalist state of Tripura. The group was banned under the Unlawful Activies Prevention Act of 1967.

The headquarters of NLFT is located in the Khagrachari district of Bangladesh, about 40-45 km southeast of Simanapur.

In Tripura a systematic surrender of arms by a faction of NLFT insurgents and NLFT fringe groups is due to the increased security pressure and to infighting within NLFT insurgent ranks. Since 2000 a few hundred militants have surrendered in small groups to the security forces, handing in their weapons. The NLFT leadership engaged in peace talks with Mizoram Chief Zoramthanga in April 2001, however the NLFT has not promised acceptance of any future peace process.

The NLFT has set up a number of camps in Bangladesh's Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT), in the Sylhet, Maulavi Bazar, Habiganj and Comilla regions. NLFT also has ties with Pakistan’s external intelligence agency, the Inter Services Intelligence Agency (ISI)

PostmodernProphet
09-18-2010, 01:25 PM

I assume you are referring then to a different document than this one, which mentions no such thing.....

http://www.satp.org/satporgtp/countries/india/states/tripura/documents/papers/nlft_const.htm

if anything, their objectives sound Marxist....

Pagan
09-18-2010, 01:30 PM
I assume you are referring then to a different document than this one, which mentions no such thing.....

http://www.satp.org/satporgtp/countries/india/states/tripura/documents/papers/nlft_const.htm

So it must be a conspiracy then eh? Global Security.org is part of a left wing rag along with Forbes to trash Christianity then?

What's wrong, irritated that yet again you've shown yourself to be the fool :laugh2:

http://www.forbes.com/bow/b2c/review.jhtml?id=6093
BEST: Depth of military information.

Yep, Forbes is just part of the vast left wing conspiracy .... lol ....

Noir
09-18-2010, 05:52 PM
so what.....does that mean I don't have the right to despise them?......bigotry means something different that obeying the law, I presume.....

am I bigoted if I despise someone who cuts small children into pieces and feeds them to his pit bulls?......

You have the right to despise anyone for anything, however, you can only act if what they are doing breaks the law. It was a pretty simple point =/

PostmodernProphet
09-18-2010, 05:52 PM
So it must be a conspiracy then eh? Global Security.org is part of a left wing rag along with Forbes to trash Christianity then?

What's wrong, irritated that yet again you've shown yourself to be the fool :laugh2:

Yep, Forbes is just part of the vast left wing conspiracy .... lol ....
uh, no....it's not a conspiracy....it's just that you're very ignorant......

PostmodernProphet
09-18-2010, 07:06 PM
You have the right to despise anyone for anything, however, you can only act if what they are doing breaks the law. It was a pretty simple point =/

I didn't know we were talking about "acting"......I thought we were talking about "thinking".....bigotry isn't an action.....take for example my reaction to Pagan.....I view his position on Christianity to be ignorant, I have told him he is ignorant.....is that something I could only "act upon" if he broke the law?......

Pagan
09-18-2010, 07:17 PM
uh, no....it's not a conspiracy....it's just that you're very ignorant......

Really?

OK if you say so http://www.rejecttheherd.net/sites/rejecttheherd.net/files/smileys/hydrant.gif

Noir
09-18-2010, 07:22 PM
I didn't know we were talking about "acting"......I thought we were talking about "thinking".....bigotry isn't an action.....take for example my reaction to Pagan.....I view his position on Christianity to be ignorant, I have told him he is ignorant.....is that something I could only "act upon" if he broke the law?......

You can view his position as ignorant, and call it such, in the same way abso can call Quran burning unacceptable, ect, however nethier of you can act upon that to stop what you see as unaceptable or ignorant unless it breaks the law,

Pagan
09-18-2010, 08:34 PM

Who's the "ignorant" one there Slick?

From the site you posted (hint might wanna at least read a bit on the sites you post) attempting to back up your claim they're not a Christian Terrorist faction -

http://www.satp.org/satporgtp/countries/india/states/tripura/terrorist_outfits/NLFT_tl.htm

December 25: NLFT terrorists kill a Jamatiya leader in Dalak village, South Tripura district, for refusing to embrace Christianity

August 22: Bikram Bahadur Jamatia, head priest of the Jamatia Hoda, a tribal 'Hindu group' in Tripura, alleges that the NLFT forcibly converted approximately 14,000 tribals in the State to Christianity in the past five years.

Nope, they're forcing conversions to Christianity ans killing people for rejecting Christ because they're "not" a Christian Terrorist group who -

The NLFT manifesto says that they want to expand what they describe as the kingdom of God and Christ in Tripura

The Baptist Church in Tripura was set up by missionaries from New Zealand 60 years ago

Nope, they're not a Christian Terrorist group, are they? :lol::lol:

Keep going Slick, you're doing real good here :clap:

actsnoblemartin
09-18-2010, 09:26 PM
its ok, i hate everybody :laugh:

actsnoblemartin
09-18-2010, 09:51 PM
when is it healthy and what is a healthy level of suspicion of human beings in general

just a thought

PostmodernProphet
09-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Who's the "ignorant" one there Slick?

you actually, thanks for asking....

I will acknowledge that the Baptist church that the New Zealanders set up sixty years ago is a Christian organization......now why won't you, after I provided the constitution of the National Liberation Front of Tripura for you to read, admit that they are not....

you claimed their "manifesto" stated something very specific about Christianity....I have noticed, and I suspect everyone else has as well, that you haven't been able to provide a copy of such "manifesto".....I welcome you to try.....

Pagan
09-18-2010, 10:23 PM
you actually, thanks for asking....

I will acknowledge that the Baptist church that the New Zealanders set up sixty years ago is a Christian organization......now why won't you, after I provided the constitution of the National Liberation Front of Tripura for you to read, admit that they are not....

you claimed their "manifesto" stated something very specific about Christianity....I have noticed, and I suspect everyone else has as well, that you haven't been able to provide a copy of such "manifesto".....I welcome you to try.....

Really

OK if you say so http://www.rejecttheherd.net/sites/rejecttheherd.net/files/smileys/sheep.gif

BTW love you edited out the post to remove the facts that show you to be the ignorant fool, how "Christian" of you http://www.rejecttheherd.net/sites/rejecttheherd.net/files/smileys/rofl.gif

chloe
09-18-2010, 10:29 PM

-- end of rant --

So are you a Pagan religion?

Pagan
09-18-2010, 10:49 PM
So are you a Pagan religion?

Nope, as I stated in my post that you quoted -

-- end of rant --

chloe
09-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Nope, as I stated in my post that you quoted -

so is pagan not considered a religion then?

Pagan
09-18-2010, 11:07 PM
so is pagan not considered a religion then?

Nope

And for the record, Pagan is my nickname from back when I was a Jarhead

That and "Pagan" comes from Latin paganus, meaning "country dweller" ;)

chloe
09-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Nope

And for the record, Pagan is my nickname from back when I was a Jarhead

That and "Pagan" comes from Latin paganus, meaning "country dweller" ;)

oh and jarhead is a military term right? So why do people always think pagan means a witchcraftery then how did it change from country dweller to a religion of sorts ?

Pagan
09-18-2010, 11:16 PM
oh and jarhead is a military term right? So why do people always think pagan means a witchcraftery then how did it change from country dweller to a religion of sorts ?

Yeah, Jarhead ... I spent 10 years in the Marines

Pagan is generally referred to by Christians as any of the non–Abrahamic religions

Anyway like I said I picked it up while I was in the Marines and funny part I considered myself a Christian back then. ;)

chloe
09-18-2010, 11:19 PM
Yeah, Jarhead ... I spent 10 years in the Marines

Pagan is generally referred to by Christians as any of the non–Abrahamic religions

Anyway like I said I picked it up while I was in the Marines and funny part I considered myself a Christian back then. ;)

oh that is ironic, so now you just believe in God?

Pagan
09-18-2010, 11:23 PM
oh that is ironic, so now you just believe in God?

I classify myself as Agnostic, the deeper I got into religions ...... well let's just say that to say I didn't like what I found is an understatement.

Anyway It's getting late and I've gotta get up at 4 a.m.

Signing off for the night -

http://www.rejecttheherd.net/sites/rejecttheherd.net/files/smileys/cheers.gif

chloe
09-18-2010, 11:27 PM
I classify myself as Agnostic, the deeper I got into religions ...... well let's just say that to say I didn't like what I found is an understatement.

Anyway It's getting late and I've gotta get up at 4 a.m.

Signing off for the night -

http://www.rejecttheherd.net/sites/rejecttheherd.net/files/smileys/cheers.gif

ok thanks for answering my questions.:salute:

PostmodernProphet
09-19-2010, 07:16 AM
BTW love you edited out the post to remove the facts that show you to be the ignorant fool, how "Christian" of you

you mean for example, deleting the claim that their manifesto states they want to expand the Kingdom of God?....yeah, I deleted that claim....I also posted the actual document, which states no such thing....since you can't produce the manifesto you claim exists why shouldn't I delete it......I may have deleted the claim that the Baptist church there has been around for 60 years, but then I did concede that point, you may recall.....

as for the claim that they have been forcing Hindu to convert to Christianity, we have one unsubstantiated claim from one Hindu source....yeah, I deleted that too.....

Pagan
09-19-2010, 04:26 PM
you mean for example, deleting the claim that their manifesto states they want to expand the Kingdom of God?....yeah, I deleted that claim....I also posted the actual document, which states no such thing....since you can't produce the manifesto you claim exists why shouldn't I delete it......I may have deleted the claim that the Baptist church there has been around for 60 years, but then I did concede that point, you may recall.....

as for the claim that they have been forcing Hindu to convert to Christianity, we have one unsubstantiated claim from one Hindu source....yeah, I deleted that too.....

Oh you deleted the link for the BBC and also the link from the site you so proudly posted earlier?

Continue on there Slick, you're doing a great job showing your "cough" "cough" credibility. :clap: http://www.rejecttheherd.net/sites/rejecttheherd.net/files/smileys/rofl.gif

Pagan
09-19-2010, 04:40 PM

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/para/nlft.htm
The National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) was formed in December 1989 for the purpose of seceding from India in order to create an independent Christian fundamentalist state of Tripura. The group was banned under the Unlawful Activies Prevention Act of 1967.

The headquarters of NLFT is located in the Khagrachari district of Bangladesh, about 40-45 km southeast of Simanapur.

In Tripura a systematic surrender of arms by a faction of NLFT insurgents and NLFT fringe groups is due to the increased security pressure and to infighting within NLFT insurgent ranks. Since 2000 a few hundred militants have surrendered in small groups to the security forces, handing in their weapons. The NLFT leadership engaged in peace talks with Mizoram Chief Zoramthanga in April 2001, however the NLFT has not promised acceptance of any future peace process.

The NLFT has set up a number of camps in Bangladesh's Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT), in the Sylhet, Maulavi Bazar, Habiganj and Comilla regions. NLFT also has ties with Pakistan’s external intelligence agency, the Inter Services Intelligence Agency (ISI)

About Global Security -
GlobalSecurity.org, launched in 2000, is a public policy organization focusing on the fields of defense, space exploration, intelligence, weapons of mass destruction and homeland security. With its editorial office located in Alexandria, Virginia, USA, the organization self-describes as a "leading source of background information and developing news stories" in these fields.
The organization's website provides news and analysis on weapons systems and industry, as well as guides and directories of military and space related programs, entities, and facilities. GlobalSecurity.org also emphasises primary political documentation — legislation, political debates, hearings, and reports — materials that may or may not be available online elsewhere, but which GlobalSecurity.org states that it processes and collates to make more accessible to its readers.
The website is freely accessible to readers and its income is based on online advertising. The website specifically targets "Subject Matter Experts", "Senior Leaders", "Junior Staff and Interns", "Concerned Citizens", and "News Reporters"; the latter stated to be the site's most important online target audience.

What does Forbes say about Global Security?

Founded by defense-policy wonk John Pike, the best thing about this site is its collection of satellite images and video footage from the war zone. (You can download the videos and images.) Look for the Where are the Carriers? page for up-to-date status reports of U.S. aircraft carriers and links to the ships' Web sites. There are also news archives of short blandly reported pieces, like one that says that Powell is "concerned" about North Korea.

Get a clue eh? http://www.rejecttheherd.net/sites/rejecttheherd.net/files/smileys/sheep.gif

PostmodernProphet
09-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Get a clue eh?

no, because when you read the founding document it sounds more like they want to establish a marxist state.....the religion of Christianity isn't mentioned at all....show me something from THEM that states they want to establish a Christian fundamentalist state....

Pagan
09-20-2010, 08:23 AM
no, because when you read the founding document it sounds more like they want to establish a marxist state.....the religion of Christianity isn't mentioned at all....show me something from THEM that states they want to establish a Christian fundamentalist state....

Really?

So you know all about them and are the expert on them eh? Global Security and the rest of the experts know nothing. You base it all on a document that you found on a site then you then attempt to discredit that site, why is that Slick?

BTW love how you edit my post in your quote yet again:lol:

PostmodernProphet
09-20-2010, 11:06 AM
BTW love how you edit my post in your quote yet again:lol:

no need to duplicate the whole thing.....there's already enough bullshit in the world.....produce the manifesto you claim exists or stfu.....

Pagan
09-20-2010, 12:10 PM
no need to duplicate the whole thing.....there's already enough bullshit in the world.....produce the manifesto you claim exists or stfu.....

Really?

Like with editing out

"So you know all about them and are the expert on them eh? Global Security and the rest of the experts know nothing. You base it all on a document that you found on a site then you then attempt to discredit that site, why is that Slick?"

If you say so :lol:

You know as much as it's been rather amuzing exposing your ignorance and hypocrisy it's run it's course. Time to move on ........ :salute: