PDA

View Full Version : some bragging

Trigg
09-15-2010, 06:39 PM
My 12 yr old is running cross country again this year, so I thought I'd brag on him a little.

They just had their 3rd competition and he ran the 2 mile in 15 min 22 sec. Not to bad for a short skinny little guy. The fastest time for the day was an extremely speedy 9min 58 sec........I think that kid was on roller skates though. :laugh2:

Kathianne
09-15-2010, 06:48 PM
My 12 yr old is running cross country again this year, so I thought I'd brag on him a little.

They just had their 3rd competition and he ran the 2 mile in 15 min 22 sec. Not to bad for a short skinny little guy. The fastest time for the day was an extremely speedy 9min 58 sec........I think that kid was on roller skates though. :laugh2:

I miss that! Great times, enjoy!

Trigg
09-15-2010, 06:54 PM
I miss that! Great times, enjoy!

I really enjoy watching the different activities that the kids are in.

My son loves running, hubby and I both did track, never cross country though. Too much running :coffee:

Kathianne
09-15-2010, 07:02 PM
I really enjoy watching the different activities that the kids are in.

My son loves running, hubby and I both did track, never cross country though. Too much running :coffee:

youngest did CC and made state. Funny thing, if you can tell your kid from the rest, let me know. LOL!

Mr. P
09-15-2010, 07:51 PM
youngest did CC and made state. Funny thing, if you can tell your kid from the rest, let me know. LOL!
That was a nice thing about swimming, you knew which lane yer kid was in. The problem was Mom an Dad could see every lane and the swimmer of course couldn't. STRESS, STRESS!

Kathianne
09-15-2010, 09:46 PM
That was a nice thing about swimming, you knew which lane yer kid was in. The problem was Mom an Dad could see every lane and the swimmer of course couldn't. STRESS, STRESS!

I'd have liked that. So many days spent in the cold and rain, waiting for the runners to go by. My son is and was 5'9", not tall or short. Long legs and fast, just like most of them-at least in the first 10 or so, which he always was.

I knew he wasn't in the top 3, well 3 times he was, but never-the-less, even taking in the top 10, rarely could I id him. ;)

SassyLady
09-15-2010, 11:23 PM
Congrats!!!

Having kids in sports can be a full time job!!!