PDA

View Full Version : Spinning

Kathianne
09-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Democrats are in a heap of trouble. Of their own making.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE68E55P20100915

Tea Party Republican has big lead in Florida

4:27pm EDT
By Steve Holland

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican candidate Marco Rubio has opened a clear lead in a Florida Senate race, becoming the latest Tea Party favorite to benefit from voter anger at Washington, a Reuters/Ipsos poll found on Wednesday.

Six weeks before November 2 congressional elections, Rubio leads state Governor Charlie Crist, an independent, by 40 percent to 26 percent among likely voters, the poll found. Democrat Kendrick Meek trails at 21 percent.

The conservative Tea Party roiled Republican politics when a little-known candidate backed by the movement beat a veteran lawmaker in Delaware on Tuesday in the race to decide the Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in November.

The Tea Party is a loose-knit group of mostly Republicans that has been attracting anti-Washington voters upset at government spending, taxes and deficits. They are strong critics of President Barack Obama.

Tea Party-backed candidates have ousted Republican establishment politicians in Nevada, Colorado, Kentucky and Connecticut. Crist fled the Republican Party earlier this year to run as an independent when it seemed clear he would lose to the conservative Rubio in the state's primary vote...

Modus Ponens
09-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Democrats are in a heap of trouble. Of their own making.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE68E55P20100915

Oh S P A R E me!! It all comes down to the economy, and you know it. You have been irresponsible, and you have gotten lucky. Conservatism has had a great run for the last 30 years; but the future belongs to liberalism. We have won the contest of ideas; you just haven't realized it, YET.

SassyLady
09-16-2010, 12:23 AM
Oh S P A R E me!! It all comes down to the economy, and you know it. You have been irresponsible, and you have gotten lucky. Conservatism has had a great run for the last 30 years; but the future belongs to liberalism. We have won the contest of ideas; you just haven't realized it, YET.

OK .. I'll spare you.

You are right - it does come down to the economy, and everyone knows it, even the ostrich headed liberal progressives in Washington. They have been irresponsible, and got lucky in the last election. Liberal progressives had an opportunity to present their ideas and plan to rebuild, but they screwed the pooch; and the future and recovery of this nation at this point belongs to everyone that has an open mind.

Liberals had a chance and are gasping for air and only have six weeks to find a solution. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone would believe them at this point even if they did.

But, hey, Modus...thanks for the laugh...it made my sides hurt. :lmao:

DragonStryk72
09-16-2010, 12:33 AM

Um, dude, isn't your candidate coming in last? I mean, seriously, if anything is being shown here, it's that liberalism is completely incapable of actually getting anything done. What has Obama done? He passed some new insurance rules that were little more than a handjob to the insurance companies, and he bungled the oil spill in the Gulf. Shit, even Bush managed to respond to Katrina in less than the two months it took Obama.