PDA

View Full Version : can't sleep. :(

darin
09-16-2010, 02:20 AM
One of those days, I suppose. I fell asleep about 9pm...to wake up two hours later, wide-awake. Now, 3 hours after that i'm tired as hell, but not sleepy. If I take a benadryl I'll be wasted in 4 hours when my alarm sounds. :(

Going to have a useless day tomorrow.

Thoughts for the day:

"How you respond to another's actions says more about you, than it does about them."

"Most people lie, most of the time."

SassyLady
09-16-2010, 03:34 AM
Morning.....hope you have an easy day at work cause you're so tired.

I never sleep until I take my ambien....been on it for 8 years. Diagnosed with PTSD ... hypervigilant .... went through years of taking different anti-depressants .... none of them ever worked and side effects were worse than not sleeping.

I can remember my first experience with ambien... I traveled to Tennessee every month to work with a client for a week. The first day was always hard because of jet lag. She game me half an ambien one night ... and for the first time in my life I got a full night's sleep. The best thing I remember is not being aware of time passing. Before I would "cat-nap" but I always knew how much time had passed. And every little sound would send my senses into overdrive. Ambien has been my life saver.

That's why I'm here so late ... sometimes I'm here all night ... until I take my ambien. I like the fact that I can still get up and go to bathroom, put dog out, close windows and lay back down and I'm out again. Wow...that never used to happen. Once I was up I was up all day and night.

When I drive to Tucson (1,000 miles) I drive at night (less traffic) and it takes about 14 hours. I leave here around 7:00 PM (after rush hour traffic in Bay area) and get into Phoenix sometimes during the morning traffic but not too bad. Get to Tucson around 9-10:00...Visit with the kids for a hour or so and then take half an ambien .. good nap. then I'm back on track after that.

When I came home from breast reduction surgery they wanted to give me vicodin for the pain. I said no ... excedrin and ambien will get me through. So I would wake up and take an excedrin and an ambiend and go back to sleep. I was sedated for three days and woke up right as rain!!!

You should get some dmp....better than benedryl.

darin
09-16-2010, 06:39 AM
Thank you Ma'am! Much appreciate the insights.

I'm not at work, actually - I live near Detroit, but am in Leavenworth Kansas for two weeks of training. :)

I'll look into the ambien...worth a shot. :)

Noir
09-16-2010, 06:54 AM
I know the feeling all to often, idk I just perfer to be active during the night (rapist alert lol) but there's no worse a feeling that talking to American friends half a dozen time zones behind me and then they go to bed because it's late >,>
in sayin that though I could never take drugs for it, I don't think it could ever be bad enough for me to want to use drugs for it.

darin
09-16-2010, 04:14 PM
School day is over - felt pretty good though. :)

Trigg
09-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Thank you Ma'am! Much appreciate the insights.

I'm not at work, actually - I live near Detroit, but am in Leavenworth Kansas for two weeks of training. :)

I'll look into the ambien...worth a shot. :)

Go to a GNC, there are plenty of herbal remedies that will help you sleep.

Abbey Marie
09-16-2010, 05:35 PM
For men with insomnia, Dr. Abbey prescribes sex. ;)

Trigg
09-16-2010, 05:37 PM

carefull he might join you in your "location"

SassyLady
09-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Oh Abbey and Trigg....you guys made my day!!!! :laugh2:

Jeff
09-17-2010, 12:20 AM

Always works for me, and if ya move around enough so the wife can't sleep she is usually easily convinced :laugh:

actsnoblemartin
09-17-2010, 01:56 AM
are you drinking cafeine during the night/day?

that can keep you up

ever heard of melatonin, your body naturally makes it, so its not a drug, and for some it helps others fall asleep

have heard horror stories with ambien, people driving cars and not remembering it

One of those days, I suppose. I fell asleep about 9pm...to wake up two hours later, wide-awake. Now, 3 hours after that i'm tired as hell, but not sleepy. If I take a benadryl I'll be wasted in 4 hours when my alarm sounds. :(

Going to have a useless day tomorrow.

Thoughts for the day:

"How you respond to another's actions says more about you, than it does about them."

"Most people lie, most of the time."

darin
09-17-2010, 06:37 AM
Abbey - that suggestion work even if a guy doesn't have a partner? :)

Abbey Marie
09-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Abbey - that suggestion work even if a guy doesn't have a partner? :)

Uh, you tell me... :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
09-17-2010, 03:52 PM
In reply to the person (Ill keep anonymous) who asked why I mentioned specifically men:
In my experience, women are often energized after sex, while men are practically comatose.

Or am I just really good? j/k ;)

Kathianne
09-17-2010, 03:56 PM
In reply to the person (Ill keep anonymous) who asked why I mentioned specifically men:
In my experience, women are often energized after sex, while men are practically comatose.

You and I both that good, however once the glow and energy deplete, good sleep. ;)

SassyLady
09-17-2010, 09:25 PM

Abbey ... perhaps that's why women like morning sex! Better than coffee and a good start to the day! :coffee:

Mr. P
09-17-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm SHOCKED at you girls..ya sound like a bunch of school boys braggin about how big their dick is. STOP IT! It's unbecoming (no pun intend) :slap:

darin
09-17-2010, 10:26 PM
I think it makes you girls more 'human'...It's nice to see folks just talkin'. Not distasteful one bit. :D

It's...cute. :D

Mr. P
09-17-2010, 10:33 PM
I think it makes you girls more 'human'...It's nice to see folks just talkin'. Not distasteful one bit. :D

It's not "cute" you male pig! They sound like sluts in public. Maybe cute in private.

Noir
09-18-2010, 07:15 AM
My young mind is being defiled before my eyes, do go on ^_^

Mr. P
09-18-2010, 08:23 AM
:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
09-18-2010, 08:45 AM
It's not "cute" you male pig! They sound like sluts in public. Maybe cute in private.

So if a woman talks generically about sex, she's a slut?
Dang, Mr. P.

Abbey Marie
09-18-2010, 08:45 AM

:laugh2:

Trigg
09-18-2010, 09:32 AM
I had no idea Mr. P was such a prude :laugh:

darin
09-18-2010, 04:03 PM

I suspect you're projecting. Hope you figure things out for yourself. How you react to THEIR behaviour says MORE about you than it does about them.

Mr. P
09-18-2010, 04:19 PM
I suspect you're projecting. Hope you figure things out for yourself. How you react to THEIR behaviour says MORE about you than it does about them.
In my opinion anyone male or female that boasts publicly about their sex life or prowess is just plain low class. That's how I feel about it and always will. (SHRUGS) and SHAKES HEAD..

Noir
09-18-2010, 05:14 PM
In my opinion anyone male or female that boasts publicly about their sex life or prowess is just plain low class. That's how I feel about it and always will. (SHRUGS) and SHAKES HEAD..

Oryt, I thought you where just taking the piss, I didn't realize you where being serious, you know, if you think this topic is slutty I could introduce you to some people :laugh:

SassyLady
09-18-2010, 05:32 PM

Didn't mean to offend your sensibilities talking about the benefits of sex, Mr. P.

Guess you haven't noticed my avatar.....it's very sexy, and very boastful...so I guess, from your viewpoint, that makes me a low class slut.

But, we all have those little things we judge other people's character on, and that's OK. I know that I have to overlook it when people use the "F" word and see past their potty mouth to see if they are someone I really want to have a conversation with. I decided a long time ago that I wouldn't judge you just because you use foul language.....because I think overall, you are a good person.

:dunno:

Mr. P
09-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Maybe I over reacted a bit..or maybe I hold women in higher regard than they do themselves. Nuff said.

Abbey Marie
09-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Maybe I over reacted a bit..or maybe I hold women in higher regard than they do themselves. Nuff said.

Perhaps you missed the "j/k" in my post. Not sure how that could be interpreted as bragging, but whatever.

I for one know who and what I am, and one thing I have never been accused of, on or off the Internet, is being a slut. In fact, I find it offensive that you would characterize we women who are having fun in this thread, as even looking that way.

darin
09-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Shit...I'm so good in bed I scream my OWN name...

actsnoblemartin
09-18-2010, 09:23 PM
enough sex talk :laugh:

how about my melatonin comments?

Abbey Marie
09-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Shit...I'm so good in bed I scream my OWN name...

You slut! :laugh:

Mr. P
09-18-2010, 11:06 PM
For anyone my opinion may have offended..:boohoo:

darin
09-19-2010, 11:02 AM
obstinate to the end, eh? Your opinion didn't offend anybody.

actsnoblemartin
09-19-2010, 11:04 PM
can we talk about melatonin? :poke:

darin
09-20-2010, 06:28 AM
what do you wanna know about it?

Agnapostate
09-20-2010, 07:11 PM
When I came home from breast reduction surgery

Fail. :(

SassyLady
09-21-2010, 01:33 AM

Failed what?

Agnapostate
09-21-2010, 02:04 AM
Failed what?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fail

why'd you chop up your chichis? back pain?

SassyLady
09-21-2010, 02:13 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fail

why'd you chop up your chichis? back pain?

So people would actually know the color of my eyes. :slap:

Agnapostate
09-21-2010, 04:35 AM
So people would actually know the color of my eyes. :slap:

Yea, then I really have to reiterate that earlier sentiment, and go with what Seth said in Superbad: Like slapping God across the face for giving you a beautiful gift. :slap:

SassyLady
09-21-2010, 05:32 AM
Yea, then I really have to reiterate that earlier sentiment, and go with what Seth said in Superbad: Like slapping God across the face for giving you a beautiful gift. :slap:

Thank you .... I do have beautiful blue eyes, definitely a gift from God. :coffee:

Agnapostate
09-21-2010, 05:44 AM
Thank you .... I do have beautiful blue eyes, definitely a gift from God. :coffee:

Well, nothing wrong with trying ??. :dunno:

Noir
09-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Wait, women have eyes?

Kathianne
09-21-2010, 04:30 PM

I think 'we girls' were just addressing the differences between males and females. Guys linger in the detumescence. while females are energized. It's a Venus and Mars thing.

Kathianne
09-21-2010, 04:32 PM

You're probably 10 years from understanding. :laugh: girls in early 20's, guys too, are a bit different than males and females. :laugh:

actsnoblemartin
09-21-2010, 11:24 PM

wow, offensive and wrong in one avatar

Agnapostate
09-22-2010, 02:47 PM
wow, offensive and wrong in one avatar

That would be a good caption for what you have there, yea.

Last edited by dmp; Yesterday at 04:49 AM. Reason: pushing it re: vulgarity.

WTF's up, Darrin? I can offend Mr. Pee and remind Kathianne that it's all about adult women for me in one post. :dunno:

darin
09-25-2010, 06:44 AM
Couldn't sleep well last night, either. Used a little vivrin for my 800 mile trip. Was still a little amped up about an hour after getting home (1am). Slept about 5 hours last night...but it's good to be home.

:)