PDA

View Full Version : I'm comparable to a Nazi?

Noir
09-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Well, atleast to the pedo Pope I am, le sigh. He has equated the spread of secularism in the UK with that of Nazism in Europe.

A speech in which the Pope appeared to associate atheism with the Nazis has prompted criticism from humanist organisations.

However, the Catholic Church has moved to play down the controversy, saying the Pope knew "rather well what the Nazi ideology is about".

Humanists have said the comments were a "terrible libel" against non-believers.

In his address, the Pope spoke of "a Nazi tyranny that wished to eradicate God from society".

He went on to urge the UK to guard against "aggressive forms of secularism".

Continue reading the main story
Related stories

Pope tells of youth under Nazis
The Pope made his remarks in his opening address to the Queen at Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh.

He said: "Even in our own lifetimes we can recall how Britain and her leaders stood against a Nazi tyranny that wished to eradicate God from society and denied our common humanity to many, especially the Jews, who were thought unfit to live.

"As we reflect on the sobering lessons of atheist extremism of the 20th century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

'Highly political'
A statement from the British Humanist Association said the Pope's remarks were "surreal".

It said: "The notion that it was the atheism of Nazis that led to their extremist and hateful views or that it somehow fuels intolerance in Britain today is a terrible libel against those who do not believe in God.

"The notion that it is non-religious people in the UK today who want to force their views on others, coming from a man whose organisation exerts itself internationally to impose its narrow and exclusive form of morality and undermine the human rights of women, children, gay people and many others, is surreal."

The comment in bold hits this nail perfectly.

Pagan
09-16-2010, 05:08 PM
You know maybe this idiot should read some of the Filth spewed by Hitler, Hitler was a Christian and relied on a Christianity to seize and maintain his power. His speeches and writings are filled with references to Christianity.

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.

-Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922

We are a people of different faiths, but we are one. Which faith conquers the other is not the question; rather, the question is whether Christianity stands or falls.... We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity... in fact our movement is Christian. We are filled with a desire for Catholics and Protestants to discover one another in the deep distress of our own people.

-Adolf Hitler, in a speech in Passau, 27 October 1928

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/1613794_f520.jpg

Abbey Marie
09-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Since you have now called him a "pedo pope", do you have evidence that this Pope is a pedophile?

At least you are finally admitting that you are trying to spread secularism. It's been pretty obvious on the board, but this is a good step.

Pagan
09-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Since you have now called him a "pedo pope", do you have evidence that this Pope is a pedophile?

At least you are finally admitting that you are trying to spread secularism. It's been pretty obvious on the board, but this is a good step.

They just cover it up and enable their Priests to move on to new "ripe" grounds so they can fuck more little boys.

Abbey Marie
09-16-2010, 05:33 PM
They just cover it up and enable their Priests to move on to new "ripe" grounds so they can fuck more little boys.

Nasty stuff, no doubt, but under what legal system does that make the Pope a pedophile? I prefer more precision and truth in posts than that.

Noir
09-16-2010, 05:40 PM

Yes, his signature on documents relating to the cover up of a pedophile ring, debate is currently raging over if he can be arrested or (as the Catholic church are claiming) if he is immune because he is a head if state.
The fact that one of his close aids is wanted in America (after having feld) for child abuse (well let's not mince words, it's not abuse, it's rape.) aligations (the pope has said he is 'serving his time' becuawe he is living in regret...makes you sick to think about it.) Not to mention how h le has dealt with Child Rapists in the church from Ireland (pardoning them). Pedos seem to never be far away from him or his blessings, thus pedo pope seems fair imo.

And yes, I am a secularist and have never made any secret of that, and would happily see any and all Theocratic countries replaced with secular ones.

Trigg
09-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Yes, his signature on documents relating to the cover up of a pedophile ring, debate is currently raging over if he can be arrested or (as the Catholic church are claiming) if he is immune because he is a head if state.
The fact that one of his close aids is wanted in America (after having feld) for child abuse (well let's not mince words, it's not abuse, it's rape.) aligations (the pope has said he is 'serving his time' becuawe he is living in regret...makes you sick to think about it.) Not to mention how h le has dealt with Child Rapists in the church from Ireland (pardoning them). Pedos seem to never be far away from him or his blessings, thus pedo pope seems fair imo.

And yes, I am a secularist and have never made any secret of that, and would happily see any and all Theocratic countries replaced with secular ones.

so you have no proof, but your happy to label him.

Noir
09-16-2010, 05:51 PM
so you have no proof, but your happy to label him.

His signature is on documents that cover up a pedophile ring. That is in no doubt. The doubt is over if he can be arrested or not.

In my opinion, no one should be above the law, be you a pauper, a prince or a pope. Ergo he should be arrested. But I know it's very unlikey, life isn't fair like that.

Noir
09-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Just saw this on a friends Tumblr, the sign normally reads 'caution - Children crossing'

Epic win :laugh:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/photo-67.png

Edit-sorry if the pic is huge or anything, I just took a screen shot and posted it, idk what size that will be on a normal computer screen,

Trigg
09-16-2010, 05:58 PM
His signature is on documents that cover up a pedophile ring. That is in no doubt. The doubt is over if he can be arrested or not.

In my opinion, no one should be above the law, be you a pauper, a prince or a pope. Ergo he should be arrested. But I know it's very unlikey, life isn't fair like that.

you'll get no argument with me on that. I think it's disgusting that the Catholic church has intentionally hidden and helped pedophile prests. If he's guilty of a coverup, he should be given no special treatment.

That doesn't mean that the pope is guilty of pedophelia though. You have no proof, association with known pedo's doesn't make the man guilty.

IMHO the Church would do it self a world of good if they started letting married men become priests.

Noir
09-16-2010, 06:04 PM
you'll get no argument with me on that. I think it's disgusting that the Catholic church has intentionally hidden and helped pedophile prests. If he's guilty of a coverup, he should be given no special treatment.

That doesn't mean that the pope is guilty of pedophelia though. You have no proof, association with known pedo's doesn't make the man guilty.

IMHO the Church would do it self a world of good if they started letting married men become priests.

Oh right, I see, no, I don't think the pope himself is a pedophile, but I think he is guilty by association. Maybe the 'pedos pal pope' would be more accurate as I can see how pedo pope throws the wring message. I'll think about that.

Trigg
09-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Oh right, I see, no, I don't think the pope himself is a pedophile, but I think he is guilty by association. Maybe the 'pedos pal pope' would be more accurate as I can see how pedo pope throws the wring message. I'll think about that.

Do you think that their problems with pedophiles is caused by the mandate that they be celebate and not married?

Noir
09-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Do you think that their problems with pedophiles is caused by the mandate that they be celebate and not married?

I assume it must do, I mean it's really the only thing that stands out as something incredibly unnatural and also relates to sexuality

As a minor tangent (but I think relevant) in Christopher Hitchens' memoirs he recounted his time at an all boys board school during his teens. At which it was common for older boys to 'take' younger boys as their fag, using hands&mouths for pleasure, however, dispite what was going on none (or atleast most) of the boys were not homosexuals, and did not consider what they did as homosexual, but just what had to be done given the circumstances.

I think there is something similar at play with priests. They have to have a sexual release, and after years without it, they may submit to the sick and perverted. They are still to blame for what they do, but the Roman Catholic set-up makes them more likey to do what they do imo.

SassyLady
09-17-2010, 12:10 AM
I assume it must do, I mean it's really the only thing that stands out as something incredibly unnatural and also relates to sexuality

As a minor tangent (but I think relevant) in Christopher Hitchens' memoirs he recounted his time at an all boys board school during his teens. At which it was common for older boys to 'take' younger boys as their fag, using hands&mouths for pleasure, however, dispite what was going on none (or atleast most) of the boys were not homosexuals, and did not consider what they did as homosexual, but just what had to be done given the circumstances.

I think there is something similar at play with priests. They have to have a sexual release, and after years without it, they may submit to the sick and perverted. They are still to blame for what they do, but the Roman Catholic set-up makes them more likey to do what they do imo.

Well, Noir, if you think the ban on marriage is what creates a pedophile priest, what say you about the nuns?

Noir
09-17-2010, 05:31 AM
Well, Noir, if you think the ban on marriage is what creates a pedophile priest, what say you about the nuns?

Tis a very interesting observation, and may infact be a sign of another biological trend, that men tend to succumb to these wicked acts more easily that women,

If I may take a complete guess, maybe it's to do with the different chemicals the body produces when they are sexually repressed. The men will be producing high levels of testosterone that will subtley make them more aggressive and less able to repress sexual desire.

Women are not so driven by these chemicals, meaning they would be less likey to commit such acts (not just in the Chruch, but in all aspects of life, afterall it is rare that you hear of a women being chnarged with such crimes)

Trigg
09-17-2010, 01:01 PM

I completely agree with you. IMHO the lifetime of chastity leads to the behavior. I also think that the church is probably loosing out on good priests because men don't want to be celibate and so don't choose priesthood.

As far as the nuns are concerned, and I'm not an authority. Isn't it more common for older women to become nuns instead of young women these days??? If that's true it would explain why you don't see the problem happening with them.

Abbey Marie
09-17-2010, 03:32 PM

I'm glad that Trig got through to you using the same argument I did. I guess you just can't read clearly when certain people post... :rolleyes:

Abbey Marie
09-17-2010, 03:35 PM
I completely agree with you. IMHO the lifetime of chastity leads to the behavior. I also think that the church is probably loosing out on good priests because men don't want to be celibate and so don't choose priesthood.

As far as the nuns are concerned, and I'm not an authority. Isn't it more common for older women to become nuns instead of young women these days??? If that's true it would explain why you don't see the problem happening with them.

I agree, but further, I've always thought that the accessibilty to young boys, and the cover of non-marriage, attracted gay pedophiles to the priesthood.

Kathianne
09-17-2010, 03:54 PM
I really don't care about celibacy and priesthood, but pedophile behavior is not caused by it, anymore than rape would be.

Abbey Marie
09-17-2010, 04:21 PM
I really don't care about celibacy and priesthood, but pedophile behavior is not caused by it, anymore than rape would be.

I agree that mostly, the lifestyle attracts men who are already prone to (gay) pedophilia, rather than causing the pedophilia, as I've said above.

But to Trigg's point, what do you think explains hetero men in prison having sex with other men? Like priests, they are generally unable to have sex otherwise, aka, they are celibate. The difference I see is if the priests are choosing boys over other priests.

Noir
09-17-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm glad that Trig got through to you using the same argument I did. I guess you just can't read clearly when certain people post... :rolleyes:

Well after this pics ya sent me I'm amazed I can read anyones posts, practically blind I am ;D

More srsly, I have no idea what I was thinking (or not thinking) when I replied to your point and totally misread it =/ but atleast it's clear nao.

Noir
09-17-2010, 06:33 PM

That's a very firm *no* while I wouldn't say it *is* a cause, I'd say it's a posibility, do you have an alternative explanation?

Trigg
09-18-2010, 09:44 AM
I agree, but further, I've always thought that the accessibility to young boys, and the cover of non-marriage, attracted gay pedophiles to the priesthood.

I'm not sure they were pedophiles when they entered the priesthood, although I've always thought they were gay.
I think the combination of being gay and having so much access to young boys encourages them to become pedophiles.

I'm convinced that the church looses out on very good men going into the priesthood because of the celibacy issue.