PDA

View Full Version : common sense politics

actsnoblemartin
09-17-2010, 01:54 AM
I know it doesnt exist but lets try it.

#1 no more rewards for illegals or their kids, you must voluntarily go home, or no more benefits or rewards for you, and shutting down businesses that routinenly hire illegals.
we can monitor all who come to america to make sure they leave when their suppose to.

#2 muslims, you can build your mosques, you can worship freely. U.S. constitution allows it, I dont think banning a religion is a very nice idea anyway, but no mosque at ground zero, period. its insulting to the families of 9/11 and america

#3 no more educational or insurance monopolies. And no obama care, we need tort reform, not 25 million dollars, every time someone stubs a toe in this country, and buying insurance across state lines.

#4 enough with the wedge politics, abortion, shmortion, gays shmayes. we need to come together where we agree and both parties must comprimise on issues they dont.

your thoughts: good bad or indifferent.

Noir
09-17-2010, 05:51 AM
For number 2, you're another person on the 'it's too close' team? How far away is far enough away in this common sense politics?

actsnoblemartin
09-18-2010, 09:28 PM
thats a good question, ill have to think about it

as of now, yes, out of being sensitive to the 9/11 families and in my opinion of common decency yes

I take it you disagree, im all ears mate. where am i wrong?

REDWHITEBLUE2
09-18-2010, 10:44 PM

as of now, yes, out of being sensitive to the 9/11 families and in my opinion of common decency yes

i take it you disagree, im all ears mate. where am i wrong?

you're not

Noir
09-19-2010, 03:13 AM

I take it you disagree, im all ears mate. where am i wrong?

Where I see you as wrong is that you have a problem (it's too close) a solution (it should be further away) but then when asked for more details it turns out the solution is not a solution at all (600 ft too close, how about 800ft, or 1200ft? What distance would of been acceptable?)

I put the same to REDWHITEANDBLUE if he Is of the same mindset.

actsnoblemartin
09-19-2010, 11:06 PM
i dont know, atleast 2-4 blocks away.

this is a financial district remember, so its not like a religious community with christians and jews either

Noir
09-20-2010, 05:25 AM
i dont know, atleast 2-4 blocks away.

this is a financial district remember, so its not like a religious community with christians and jews either

It is two blocks away (see map) so given you think that's not far enough, would you of said a word if it was three blocks away, or four? See thas the problem with the 'too close' arguement. There is no answer, but you have to pretend there is one

And you'll also see on the map there is a Catholic Church, a catholic Chapel, St Peters Park and a Merhodist church all only one block away from ground Zero on, er, church Street. (not to mention, the financial sector is the Jewish religious centre, amiright? :laugh:)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=W+Broadway+at+Vesey+St,+NY&daddr=45+Park+Place,+New+York,+NY&hl=en&geocode=Ff85bQId-quW-yktMYF6GVrCiTFnGrTEC3ua6Q%3BFUU-bQId0bKW-ynzWfMlGVrCiTGMLJmWn2uicw&mra=ls&dirflg=w&sll=40.712386,-74.011213&sspn=0.003952,0.009559&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=18

actsnoblemartin
09-20-2010, 11:43 PM
not good at distance sorry. 4-8 blocks then

actsnoblemartin
09-20-2010, 11:49 PM
I suppose anywhere near ground zero is off limits mate.

thats the honest answer I can give.

200 yards away is not much

Noir
09-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Martin you're spinning around like I dunno what, if you can provide a serious answer then I'm all ears, but I have yet to hear one from a 'it's too close' person

There is really only one consistent anti-mosque stance, which is 'no more mosques built in america' now ofcourse that is the belief of an idiot, but atleast it's consistent, anything less like 'not in this state/city/street' is just being silly.

BoogyMan
09-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Martin you're spinning around like I dunno what, if you can provide a serious answer then I'm all ears, but I have yet to hear one from a 'it's too close' person

There is really only one consistent anti-mosque stance, which is 'no more mosques built in america' now ofcourse that is the belief of an idiot, but atleast it's consistent, anything less like 'not in this state/city/street' is just being silly.

This is really ridiculous overgeneralization, Noir.

It would seeem to be an attempt to claim the objections are illegitimate since there is really no good standard of how close is too close and ignores the pain and death inflicted on this country on 9/11.

How about just not building one in that area at all?

Noir
09-21-2010, 09:39 AM
This is really ridiculous overgeneralization, Noir.

It would seeem to be an attempt to claim the objections are illegitimate since there is really no good standard of how close is too close and ignores the pain and death inflicted on this country on 9/11.

How about just not building one in that area at all?

Define 'that area'