PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever done any of these?

SassyLady
09-22-2010, 01:53 AM
1. Firewalking
2. Bungee jumping
3. Breaking a board with the side of your hand
4. Rodeo events
5. Rappeling down a waterfall
6. Ziplining through the tree tops

I've done them all and found them to all be exhilirating!!!

List some crazy things you've done that you've done that makes your heart race.

DragonStryk72
09-22-2010, 03:47 AM
1. Firewalking
2. Bungee jumping
4. Rodeo events

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Rode a mechanical bull being worked by an actual rodeo cowboy (got some good air time. 7.9 seconds)
5. Done rapelling but not down a waterfall
6. Yes

Also done an 87 mile backpacking trek through the Sierra mountain range, been to the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland, been doing 30 degree rolls on an amphibious carrier on the North Atlantic while we're getting iceberg warnings (I should mention they were showing Titanic three times a day)

SassyLady
09-22-2010, 10:51 PM
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Rode a mechanical bull being worked by an actual rodeo cowboy (got some good air time. 7.9 seconds)
5. Done rapelling but not down a waterfall
6. Yes

Also done an 87 mile backpacking trek through the Sierra mountain range, been to the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland, been doing 30 degree rolls on an amphibious carrier on the North Atlantic while we're getting iceberg warnings (I should mention they were showing Titanic three times a day)

Wow ... I get tired just carrying my purse around Home Depot ... no 87 mile backpacking trip for me!! Never been to Ireland, but if I had unlimited disposable income I would go and stay for a year at least. As for the 30 degree rolls on the ocean ... exciting but I'll pass!!! :laugh2:

chloe
09-22-2010, 11:29 PM
No I haven't

Pagan
09-23-2010, 12:07 AM
1. Firewalking
Nope, well not intentionally that is ;)

2. Bungee jumping
Yep

Yep

4. Rodeo events
Nope

Not a waterfall but I've done a bit of Rappeling

Nope, but I've done some Spy Rigging

Water Skiing in the Persian Gulf during the 90' 91' Gulf War ;)

SassyLady
09-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Water Skiing in the Persian Gulf during the 90' 91' Gulf War ;)

I love to water ski....have a custom ski from O'Brien. Seems like everyone today is doing the boards instead of skis....I'd rather ski.....but not in the ocean! :laugh:

Pagan
09-23-2010, 12:25 AM
I love to water ski....have a custom ski from O'Brien. Seems like everyone today is doing the boards instead of skis....I'd rather ski.....but not in the ocean! :laugh:

We were going apeshit so we commandeered a boat, found a pair of skis, a tube, loaded the boat up with a 60 cal, of course our M16's, a couple of M203's and went skiing. It was a blast ............ :cool:

SassyLady
09-23-2010, 12:28 AM
We were going apeshit so we commandeered a boat, found a pair of skis, a tube, loaded the boat up with a 60 cal, of course our M16's, a couple of M203's and went skiing. It was a blast ............ :cool:

Where did you get the skis and you went without any booze?

Pagan
09-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Where did you get the skis and you went without any booze?

From the Arabs and we made our own hootch, a little bit of brewer's yeast, some fruit juice, empty water bottles and a bit of improvising you'd be amazed.

Semper Gumby ;)

SassyLady
09-23-2010, 12:45 AM
My husband was on a nation building exercise in Antigua and the locals took him and his buddies out scuba diving....with no lessons. He went back that night and did some night diving. Came home and decided we needed to take lessons!! I got certified in Cozumel....loved it!

Abbey Marie
09-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Sorry to say, none of these.

But- I have walked around the Bronx alone and unarmed at 3-4 am, and I am a member of the mile-high club.

(Ooo, Mr. P is gonna be all judging me now)

SassyLady
09-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Sorry to say, none of these.

But- I have walked around the Bronx alone and unarmed at 3-4 am, and I am a member of the mile-high club.

(Ooo, Mr. P is gonna be all judging me now)

Wow.....you would have no problem with bungee jumping then....it's a lot safer than walking in the Bronx, unarmed!!

As for the other .... dated a couple of pilots and was married to one, but they were always too busy to join the club.

Trigg
09-24-2010, 01:42 PM
1. Firewalking
2. Bungee jumping
4. Rodeo events

I couldn't even begin to do #'s 2,5 or 6. I'm ok with heights as long as their's no diving or jumping involved. Heck, I'm not even real thrilled with high roller coasters.

I used to love water skiing and knee boarding, haven't done either in years.

Went scuba diving in Jamaica a few years ago that was AMAZING, the water was very clear. Until they took us to the "drop off", looking straight down into very dark water got to me (maybe I thought I'd fall into it???). Once we got away from there I calmed down again. Had a great time.

Went snorkeling in Mexico and saw a barraccuda.......swam away....calmly.

Sweetchuck
09-24-2010, 06:52 PM
No to all of them, nor do I feel the need to go out and do any of them either.

SassyLady
09-24-2010, 07:40 PM
No to all of them, nor do I feel the need to go out and do any of them either.

I never felt the need to do any of them ... I just didn't run from them when the opportunity was presented.

The only thing I haven't done more than once is the bungee jump. The opportunity just hasn't come up again.

The next thing I want to do is a hot air balloon ride on my birthday next year. I'm looking into having it land in my back yard (they come over all the time and there is plenty of open space to land) during my party! How cool would that be!?!

DragonStryk72
09-25-2010, 05:04 AM
Wow ... I get tired just carrying my purse around Home Depot ... no 87 mile backpacking trip for me!! Never been to Ireland, but if I had unlimited disposable income I would go and stay for a year at least. As for the 30 degree rolls on the ocean ... exciting but I'll pass!!! :laugh2:

See the bad part about the rolls was we had iceberg warning, and three times a day, we were stuck watching Titanic.

Yeah, you have to build up to the backpacking, but Ireland is a worthwhile trip even if you don't spend a whole year there. We managed to see an amazing amount in just 2 weeks. I was actually sad to leave. My brother and I even biked the Aran Islands, which was taxing. If you're gonna go to see the countryside, then you should look at Galway, which is on the west coast.

Abbey Marie
09-25-2010, 10:34 AM
I never felt the need to do any of them ... I just didn't run from them when the opportunity was presented.

The only thing I haven't done more than once is the bungee jump. The opportunity just hasn't come up again.

The next thing I want to do is a hot air balloon ride on my birthday next year. I'm looking into having it land in my back yard (they come over all the time and there is plenty of open space to land) during my party! How cool would that be!?!

Please post pics if you do!

Kathianne
09-25-2010, 12:07 PM
1. Firewalking NO
2. Bungee jumping YES
3. Breaking a board with the side of your hand YES
4. Rodeo events JUST RODE HORSES
5. Rappeling down a waterfall WHITEWATER RAFTING, BUT NO RAPPELING
6. Ziplining through the tree tops NO

I have done hot air balloon ride though. A yearly event at Western Illinois University:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2mfis9c.png

Sweetchuck
09-25-2010, 03:19 PM
I once pulled a live, 6 foot hammerhead shark out of the surf by the tail.

I'm not kidding either, I have it on video.

How do ya like that?

SassyLady
09-26-2010, 12:12 AM
I have done hot air balloon ride though. A yearly event at Western Illinois University:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2mfis9c.png

Hey Kath .... awesome!!! How long did the ride last? Was it cold up there? Was the landing hard? My daughter says the grandkids can't go because it's too dangerous....what do you think?

Kathianne
09-26-2010, 03:00 AM
Hey Kath .... awesome!!! How long did the ride last? Was it cold up there? Was the landing hard? My daughter says the grandkids can't go because it's too dangerous....what do you think?

It seemed like a long ride, but probably about 1/2 hour from start to finish. I'm sure you can find longer but this is very inexpensive-sort of like an antique car show event. ;) Yes, it does get cold, even in September. As far as bringing children under 15? I don't think I would, not because they'd climb out or anything, just IMO 'risk activities' should be something one chooses to do with the ability to give consent. Smooth ride and landing, but they only carry passengers when conditions are perfect.

SassyLady
09-26-2010, 03:12 AM
It seemed like a long ride, but probably about 1/2 hour from start to finish. I'm sure you can find longer but this is very inexpensive-sort of like an antique car show event. ;) Yes, it does get cold, even in September. As far as bringing children under 15? I don't think I would, not because they'd climb out or anything, just IMO 'risk activities' should be something one chooses to do with the ability to give consent. Smooth ride and landing, but they only carry passengers when conditions are perfect.

We have a huge balloon event here every year also. They give short, up and down, rides in balloons that are tethered. There are some days I can spot up to 10 balloons going overhead. I live close to an airport and in a very scenic area so my house is like right in the middle of the air balloon highway. I can't tell you how many times they've almost come down in my back yard, or barely missed the eucalyptus and redwoods around here. They get so close that you can talk to the people.

One of the downsides is that the rides start really early. The only that I've been looking into takes passengers as young as 6 and they gave the highest safety ratings for all balloon companies in our area.

Anyway...I have a few months to plan it! Thanks for the info....