PDA

View Full Version : Why do they hate the troops?

bullypulpit
09-22-2010, 08:12 AM
Yesterday, the GOP, on a party line vote, along with two Blue-Dog Democrats, voted to block DEBATE on the defense authorization bill. Why, because it contains language to repeal DADT. The repeal of DADT is supported by the head of JCS and the Secretary of Defense. Also contained therein is the DREAM Act which would provide a road to citizenship for immigrants who serve in the US military. This also has support from the Pentagon.

Senator Scot Brown(R-MA) justified this pointless filibuster on the grounds that these amendments were "politically expedient legislation entirely unrelated to the defense authorization". Bullshit. Let's look at amendments to defense authorization bills by THE GOP.
- Banning internet gambling
-Opening ANWR to oil drilling
- Concealed weapons amendment
-Increased indecency fines
- Campaign reform amendment
- Immunity for vaccine companies

Really? Does ANY of this have anything to do with defense funding? No.

GOP protestations aside, the GOP can add amendments to the bill.

Despite GOP protestations, the head of JCS and the Secretary of Defense, THE MILITARY, supports repealing DADT and the Dream Act.

The GOP, as it has been doing since day one of the Obama administration, have been blocking debate on the issue...DEBATE. They do this because they know that, open to debate, their objections and amendments would be tossed aside, like a trailer park in a tornado, by the facts. Cuz, ya see, it's not about the political window dressing enumerated above. It all boils down to the "culture wars". It's about continuing to deny a segment of American society the constitutional rights that they are willing to put their lives on the line for.

Why does the Senate GOP hate the troops?

Nukeman
09-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Yesterday, the GOP, on a party line vote, along with two Blue-Dog Democrats, voted to block DEBATE on the defense authorization bill. Why, because it contains language to repeal DADT. The repeal of DADT is supported by the head of JCS and the Secretary of Defense. Also contained therein is the DREAM Act which would provide a road to citizenship for immigrants who serve in the US military. This also has support from the Pentagon.

Senator Scot Brown(R-MA) justified this pointless filibuster on the grounds that these amendments were "politically expedient legislation entirely unrelated to the defense authorization". Bullshit. Let's look at amendments to defense authorization bills by THE GOP.
- Banning internet gambling
-Opening ANWR to oil drilling
- Concealed weapons amendment
-Increased indecency fines
- Campaign reform amendment
- Immunity for vaccine companies

Really? Does ANY of this have anything to do with defense funding? No.

GOP protestations aside, the GOP can add amendments to the bill.

Despite GOP protestations, the head of JCS and the Secretary of Defense, THE MILITARY, supports repealing DADT and the Dream Act.

The GOP, as it has been doing since day one of the Obama administration, have been blocking debate on the issue...DEBATE. They do this because they know that, open to debate, their objections and amendments would be tossed aside, like a trailer park in a tornado, by the facts. Cuz, ya see, it's not about the political window dressing enumerated above. It all boils down to the "culture wars". It's about continuing to deny a segment of American society the constitutional rights that they are willing to put their lives on the line for.

Why does the Senate GOP hate the troops?For the same reason the Dems do!!! They think they are just pawns to be used whenever thier elitisest minds think to use them....

Come Bully are you really trying to say ONLY the GOP does this. they are freaking PLITICIANS!!!!!!!!!!! It si what they do!!!!!

bullypulpit
09-22-2010, 08:37 AM
For the same reason the Dems do!!! They think they are just pawns to be used whenever thier elitisest minds think to use them....

Come Bully are you really trying to say ONLY the GOP does this. they are freaking PLITICIANS!!!!!!!!!!! It si what they do!!!!!

So, the GOP and its tea-bagger base are "elitist"? Kinda runs contrary to the image they're trying to cultivate? :laugh2:

And, like it or not, the Dems are trying to do the right thing in repealing DADT and the Dream Act.

Nukeman
09-22-2010, 09:58 AM
So, the GOP and its tea-bagger base are "elitist"? Kinda runs contrary to the image they're trying to cultivate? :laugh2:

And, like it or not, the Dems are trying to do the right thing in repealing DADT and the Dream Act.
Please!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL career POLITICIANS are elitist... Brand them with whatever name you want Bully they are all elitist that know better than you and I. On to the DADT I really see no reason to change it. What it was implemented for was so service member would not hae to lie (you know that whole honor code thing). I have NO PROBLEM with gays serving in the military I do have problems with flamboyant flaunting.... Is that really what you want in the military, our gay service members to be able to say it loud and say it proud????? what does that accomplish??? What does it change?????

I was under the immpression that there already was a path to citizenship for enlisted personel!! If I'm wrong correct me, but if I'm right why do we need to reinvent the wheel????

Pagan
09-22-2010, 10:11 AM

Wake the fuck up, there's no difference between the Republican or Democratic party.

So correct me if I'm wrong but I'm going to assume you're an Obama supporter and voted for him.

What are your thoughts of Obama embracing and expanding the Bush Doctrine?

You see I can't get a single Obama supporter to answer that question, will you?

hjmick
09-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Perhaps if the Dems had not tacked DADT repeal and amnesty onto a defense spending bill there wouldn't have been an issue. I am of the opinion that such bills should be sacrosanct. Defense spending and nothing else. The title of your thread is exactly why they, both Repub and Dem, do shit like this. If you vote against it, you "hate" the troops.

Bullshit. Defense spending should be about defense spending and nothing else.

MtnBiker
09-22-2010, 11:32 AM
You know a bill is terrible if you still cannot passed it with a huge majority in the senate. The democrats and their followers are a bunch of boobs.

Missileman
09-22-2010, 07:54 PM
The GOP, as it has been doing since day one of the Obama administration, have been blocking debate on the issue...DEBATE.

What a crock of horseshit! The Dems had unstoppable majorities in both houses, for what...15 months? The only ones stopping the Dems and their agenda were the Dems. You REALLY ought to know better than to try to tell that whopper in here.

Why does the Senate GOP hate the troops?

I guess the few dems that voted no hate the troops too right? The bill is a prime example of what's wrong with the system. Piece of shit legislation like the DREAM act is thrown into meaningful, necessary bills because they don't stand a chance of passing as a separate bill.

DragonStryk72
09-22-2010, 08:18 PM

Here we go with the teabagger again, and worse than that, you just claimed I'm pro-GOP. The GOP is no more Republican these days than the democrats are.

And Bullshit flag on the DADT play. The Dems had a veto proof majority, thanks to the whole having a near rubber stamp from Obama, so don't play that bullshit "They're trying to repeal the DADT" card, cause they're not. They're trying to look like they want to repeal it, so they can leverage more of the gay vote for the mid-term elections.

Personally, the DADT needs to die, it asks members of our military to lie about themselves, thus breaking the most basic tenet: Honor

Indy
09-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Wake the fuck up, there's no difference between the Republican or Democratic party.

So correct me if I'm wrong but I'm going to assume you're an Obama supporter and voted for him.

What are your thoughts of Obama embracing and expanding the Bush Doctrine?

You see I can't get a single Obama supporter to answer that question, will you?

I've been asking for weeks what they thought of Obama and his cohorts discussing ways to get their hands on 7.8 trillion in private retirement accounts. Of course with a guaranteed return of 3%.:rolleyes: But better yet when you leave this world, they get to keep the balance.None of that passing it off to your kids.They don't like that. I've heard nothing but crickets.

fj1200
09-22-2010, 09:49 PM
And, like it or not, the Dems are trying to do the right thing in ... the Dream Act.

:laugh:

Pagan
09-22-2010, 09:51 PM
I've been asking for weeks what they thought of Obama and his cohorts discussing ways to get their hands on 7.8 trillion in private retirement accounts. Of course with a guaranteed return of 3%.:rolleyes: But better yet when you leave this world, they get to keep the balance.None of that passing it off to your kids.They don't like that. I've heard nothing but crickets.

They all screamed IMPEACH! IMPEACH!

Where are they now? NONE have EVER even attempted to address the very simple and direct question, none!

actsnoblemartin
09-23-2010, 01:40 AM
did someone mention me :boobies:

You know a bill is terrible if you still cannot passed it with a huge majority in the senate. The democrats and their followers are a bunch of boobs.

DragonStryk72
09-23-2010, 03:58 AM
Well, following past precedence, that should be the last we hear from BP on this thread.

NightTrain
09-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Well, following past precedence, that should be the last we hear from BP on this thread.

Yup. He's dredging for another 'original' idea at MoveOn.