PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler Workers Busted Drinking On The Job

red states rule
09-24-2010, 05:25 AM
If you are thinking about buying a car/truck made by Chrysler please watch this video

Remember, we the taxpayers own this company

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=hdkUkU2GSU" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=hdkUkU2GSU" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

Nukeman
09-24-2010, 05:36 AM
they did a "exzpose'" on this a couple of years ago!!! they just don't get it, but than afain they have the union to back them up and keep them their job.

I have a couple of buddies that work for GM and they used to do the same thing.. One only stopped because his wife told him he was drinking to much and to make a choice her or the booze...

This is the problem with unions!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will fight for these idiots to keep thier jobs!!!!!!!

red states rule
09-24-2010, 05:39 AM
they did a "exzpose'" on this a couple of years ago!!! they just don't get it, but than afain they have the union to back them up and keep them their job.

I have a couple of buddies that work for GM and they used to do the same thing.. One only stopped because his wife told him he was drinking to much and to make a choice her or the booze...

This is the problem with unions!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will fight for these idiots to keep thier jobs!!!!!!!

Nice to see the people who are putting the cars/trucks together that will carrry families down the road, under the influence of booze and drugs

Why are these people still employed?

Now it is easier to see why Chrysler went bankrupt

Nukeman
09-24-2010, 07:21 AM
Nice to see the people who are putting the cars/trucks together that will carrry families down the road, under the influence of booze and drugs

Sad thing is, they will get "rehab" for a couple of weeks than be reinstated with BACKPAY. It will be like a mini vacation for them!!! PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!

namvet
09-24-2010, 10:53 AM
probably find em sound asleep in the trunks on the show room floors

Abbey Marie
09-24-2010, 01:35 PM

Can you say U-N-I-O-N?

Trigg
09-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Can you say U-N-I-O-N?

depressing isn't it. Unions, that were once so needed, have been reduced to defending drunks and pot heads.

krisy
09-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Can't wait to hear what the union will have to say!!! How bad are you when you have to do this on your lunch break?

I have a friend at work whose husband works for Metro (bus) here. She said people get away with a lot of stuff becuase of their union. People sleep on the job,don't show up for work for days.....they get canned and then get re-hired becuae of the union.

red states rule
09-24-2010, 06:21 PM
and after the booze and pot smoking session some of the union thugs went back to work in their FORD cars and trucks

Anyone remember how Obama was signing their praises a month ago? He was telling us what great "workers" they were

Our tax dollar bail out money at work

Sweetchuck
09-24-2010, 06:55 PM
I never understood the narrow-minded mindset that suggests that simply because one worker is fucking around on the job, then they all are.

Total non-story IMO, just fluff for the fluffmongers.

red states rule
09-24-2010, 06:56 PM
I never understood the narrow-minded mindset that suggests that simply because one worker is fucking around on the job, then they all are.

Where did anyone say ALL of them did?

Of course this is not the first time workers have been busted for the same thing

It is not a non story since these workers were putting together cars/trucks while under the influence

Sweetchuck
09-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Well, you did for one thing. Implied actually.

Chrysler went bankrupt because they can't compete with imports due to the union inflated overhead costs, not because one guy got caught drinking on the job.

red states rule
09-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Well, you did for one thing. Implied actually.

Chrysler went bankrupt because they can't compete with imports due to the union inflated overhead costs, not because one guy got caught drinking on the job.

Where did I say ALL workers?

and I never said they went broke due to drunks on the job. There have been alot more then one BTW

This is NOT the first time union thugs have been caught doing this - and it won't be the last as long as unions fight to keep them on the job

Sweetchuck
09-24-2010, 08:27 PM
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/implied

red states rule
09-24-2010, 08:31 PM
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/implied

So I did not say ALL workers. OK

A simple apology would have been fine

red states rule
09-24-2010, 09:18 PM
depressing isn't it. Unions, that were once so needed, have been reduced to defending drunks and pot heads.

and spending tens of millons to elect Dems as their pension plans run out of money

(and then demand taxpayer money be used to fund them)

red states rule
09-25-2010, 06:35 AM
Of course if I lived in Detriot I would be drinking as well

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/168295.gif

Nukeman
09-25-2010, 08:40 AM

"Narrow mind set". Dude this is a RECURRING thing with these idiots. You have MILLIONS of people out of work and these morons are getting drunk and high on their lunch break and we are the narrow mind set....

Give me a freaking break, this is not the first time this has happened, the reason it happens is due to the UNIONS getting this garbage their jobs back... plain and simple... It is not a problem with ALL workers it is a problem with the American Auto Workers Union......

I have friends and family that work at GM and they tell the same stories I have other friends that work for Chrysler and the way the union contract is worded they have 2 people for every one job so they take turns NOT coming into work...

You have the gall to tell us we are narrow minded and yet this shit goes on every day and we pay for it through higher car prices and now bail outs

By your stance are you by chance one of those lovely union ticks sucking off the tit of humanity?????

red states rule
09-25-2010, 08:49 AM
"Narrow mind set". Dude this is a RECURRING thing with these idiots. You have MILLIONS of people out of work and these morons are getting drunk and high on their lunch break and we are the narrow mind set....

Give me a freaking break, this is not the first time this has happened, the reason it happens is due to the UNIONS getting this garbage their jobs back... plain and simple... It is not a problem with ALL workers it is a problem with the American Auto Workers Union......

I have friends and family that work at GM and they tell the same stories I have other friends that work for Chrysler and the way the union contract is worded they have 2 people for every one job so they take turns NOT coming into work...

You have the gall to tell us we are narrow minded and yet this shit goes on every day and we pay for it through higher car prices and now bail outs

By your stance are you by chance one of those lovely union ticks sucking off the tit of humanity?????

Based on Sweets posts, it is safe to say he has one rule when talking politics

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv56/purplek300x300/anim_EVERYTHINGBAD.gif

He overlooks WE the taxpayers own the company and these guys work for us. They are assembling cars/trucks people will be driving and if they are stoned when they asemble them people can be KILLED

Agnapostate
09-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Instead of extrapolating from an anecdotal incident and making wild inferences about unions destroying workplace productivity, you might actually consult the empirical literature on the topic, such as Doucouliagos and Laroche's What Do Unions Do to Productivity? A Meta-Analysis (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1468-232X.00310/abstract):

The impact of unions on productivity is explored using meta-analysis and meta-regression analysis. It is shown that most of the variation in published results is due to specification differences between studies. After controlling for differences between studies, a negative association between unions and productivity is established for the United Kingdom, whereas a positive association is established for the United States in general and for U.S. manufacturing.

That would require abandonment of your media sensationalist approach, however.

Missileman
09-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Instead of extrapolating from an anecdotal incident and making wild inferences about unions destroying workplace productivity, you might actually consult the empirical literature on the topic, such as Doucouliagos and Laroche's What Do Unions Do to Productivity? A Meta-Analysis (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1468-232X.00310/abstract):

That would require abandonment of your media sensationalist approach, however.

How about looking at what effect unions have had on education...hint...it isn't positive.

red states rule
09-26-2010, 04:59 AM
How about looking at what effect unions have had on education...hint...it isn't positive.

I would say Agna is a product of that education system. He is far left. He has his own version of history. He hates America. Wants to destroy Capitalism. and he attacks anyone who dares to disagree with his "facts" and anti American rants

He has a a bright future as an instrustor of history or economics at UCLA Berkeley

Agnapostate
09-26-2010, 05:12 AM
He has a a bright future as an instrustor of history or economics at UCLA Berkeley

University of California Los Angeles Berkeley? Yes, you're certainly an example of the merits of a state-of-the-art education...

red states rule
09-26-2010, 05:17 AM
University of California Los Angeles Berkeley? Yes, you're certainly an example of the merits of a state-of-the-art education...

I am not the one who is acting superior to eveyone else here. You have a massive chip on your shoulder and like most internet bullies - you have nothing to back it up

In real life you would be the first one to run away from a fight after shooting your mouth off to the wrong person

red states rule
09-26-2010, 05:27 AM
This video is an example of what our nation will look like if idiots get their way and states legalize marijuana smoking.

I am waiting for the usual suspects to step up and explain these guys are drinking becuase they have not recovered from the Bush years and it is understandabe why they are drinking and driving on their luch break. After all it is BUSH'S FAULT like everything else that goes wrong

Agnapostate
09-26-2010, 04:53 PM
I am not the one who is acting superior to eveyone else here. You have a massive chip on your shoulder and like most internet bullies - you have nothing to back it up

In real life you would be the first one to run away from a fight after shooting your mouth off to the wrong person

Why don't you come here to South Gate and test that little theory then, chump? :laugh:

red states rule
09-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Why don't you come here to South Gate and test that little theory then, chump? :laugh:

I saw your picture (your posted it remember?)

you are what is known as a minute steak on the street

Hopeflly you are as fast as your are small. It helps when you have to retreat in a hurry :laugh2:

Agnapostate
09-26-2010, 04:59 PM
I saw your picture (your posted it remember?)

you are what is known as a minute steak on the street

Hopeflly you are as fast as your are small. It helps when you have to retreat in a hurry :laugh2:

Small? I'm 6'0. If you have some kind of vision problem, that's hardly an issue of mine. What the fuck do you know about "the street," idiot? :laugh:

red states rule
09-26-2010, 05:01 PM
OK, I need to get back to one of the rules on the board

:trolls::trolls::trolls:

Agnapostate
09-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Ok, dead states, I'll show you how to work:

That does seem to be the conclusion of the research that I've quickly scanned for, actually.

http://www.jstor.org/pss/2946669

This study helps to explain why measured school inputs appear to have little effect on student outcomes, particularly for cohorts educated since 1960. Teachers' unionization can explain how public schools simultaneously can have more generous inputs and worse student performance. Using panel data on United States school districts, I identify the effect of teachers' unionization through differences in the timing of collective bargaining, especially timing determined by the passage of state laws that facilitate teachers' unionization. I find that teachers' unions increase school inputs but reduce productivity sufficiently to have a negative overall effect on student performance. Union effects are magnified where schools have market power.

http://ideas.repec.org/b/upj/ubooks/tptq.html

Ballou and Podgursky analyze the issues surrounding the debate over whether increasing salaries for teachers leads to a more qualified teaching workforce. The authors find little evidence to support the link between increased salaries and teacher quality, then address two questions: 1) What went wrong? and 2) Which reforms are likely to meet with increased success?

But even if that's the case, that's a conclusion that I saw reached through empirical analysis, not the spread of cliched talking points that Rush Limbaugh has taught his listeners to regurgitate.

Little-Acorn
09-27-2010, 05:09 PM
Considering the quality of the cars and trucks Chrysler builds, it would be news if some of the workers were found NOT under the influence while on the assembly line.

Missileman
09-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Ok, dead states, I'll show you how to work:

That does seem to be the conclusion of the research that I've quickly scanned for, actually.

http://www.jstor.org/pss/2946669

http://ideas.repec.org/b/upj/ubooks/tptq.html

But even if that's the case, that's a conclusion that I saw reached through empirical analysis, not the spread of cliched talking points that Rush Limbaugh has taught his listeners to regurgitate.

I don't listen to Limbaugh. The failure of the American school system has been documented by even the lame-stream media. Unions produce and reward mediocrity and if the U.S. is ever going to get back in the manufacturing game, they've got to go.

namvet
09-27-2010, 06:16 PM
13 Chrysler Workers Caught Drinking on Their Lunch Break Are Fired

and that's that

Thirteen plant workers at the Chrysler Jefferson North Assembly plant in Detroit have lost their jobs after a video showing some of them drinking during their lunch break was aired on the Detroit Fox affiliate.

"It has been determined that 13 employees engaged in behavior that violated the company's Standards of Conduct and these 13 employees were discharged today," the company said in a written statement, MyFoxDetroit.com reported. "Two remaining employees will receive a one month disciplinary layoff without pay."

An exclusive investigation by MyFoxDetroit.com showed workers at the plant drinking beer and smoking joints while on a half-hour lunch break just two months after President Obama praised the plant in a speech.

The TV station's investigation -- conducted over several weeks and based on tips from workers at the plant -- had outraged the auto giant's top executives, who called the behavior "totally unacceptable."

Chrysler had told MyFoxDetroit.com it was able to identify all 15 employees captured on video and suspended them all indefinitely without pay within 36 hours of learning about the investigation's findings. On Monday, it announced it had concluded its investigation and punished the 15 workers.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,601545,00.html

red states rule
09-27-2010, 06:21 PM
13 Chrysler Workers Caught Drinking on Their Lunch Break Are Fired

and that's that

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,601545,00.html

It is only a matter of time before someone blames Bush for them getting fired

namvet
09-27-2010, 06:31 PM
It is only a matter of time before someone blames Bush for them getting fired

just wait for the election. little GB dolls with pins :laugh2:

red states rule
09-27-2010, 06:34 PM
just wait for the election. little GB dolls with pins :laugh2:

You don't have to wait. Go to any DNC office and they probably have them in stock

With some libs when they get a speeding ticket they blame Bush for it

SassyLady
09-28-2010, 02:44 AM
Update

Sep 27, 2010
Chrysler fires UAW workers caught drinking, smoking pot

Chrysler announced that it has fired 13 employees who were caught drinking and smoking pot during their lunch hour by a local Detroit TV station.
Two other employees have been suspended for a month without pay.

"As is evidenced by the swift action taken in this matter, it should be clear that Chrysler Group will not tolerate such behavior and will continue to evaluate its protocols to ensure that something like this does not happen again," the company said in a statement.
WJBK Fox 2 News in Detroit caught Chrysler autoworkers drinking alcohol and smoking what appear to be joints during their shifts at the automaker's Jefferson North auto plant in Detroit.
There was some skepticism about how harsh the union-protected employees would be punished. Frankly, we here at Drive On thought there was a good chance they'd all get suspended and be back on the job once the dust settled.
The plant, which builds the new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, was visited by President Obama just two months ago.
The investigation started five days after the president's visit. The cameras caught workers leaving on their half-hour lunch break to head to the liquor store, and take off to a nearby park. The cameras even followed them into the liquor store to confirm the bottles in the bags were actually alcohol.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2010/09/chrysler-fires-uaw-workers-caught-drinking-smoking-pot-/1

red states rule
09-28-2010, 04:14 AM
Update

At least now they have more time to campaign for Dems in the upcoming election

Agnapostate
09-28-2010, 04:43 AM
I don't listen to Limbaugh. The failure of the American school system has been documented by even the lame-stream media. Unions produce and reward mediocrity and if the U.S. is ever going to get back in the manufacturing game, they've got to go.

It was a view that you gathered from mass media propaganda, rather than consultation of empirical research. My point stands.

Missileman
09-28-2010, 06:11 AM
It was a view that you gathered from mass media propaganda, rather than consultation of empirical research. My point stands.

So in the face of our declining status in education among developed countries, you still deny teacher's unions have been a negative for education?

Agnapostate
09-28-2010, 06:14 AM
So in the face of our declining status in education among developed countries, you still deny teacher's unions have been a negative for education?

You need to read before you type. I said that the empirical research that I had quickly searched for and scanned indicated that teachers' unions have negative effects on productivity and student performance, though I've really not looked at the evidence very thoroughly, and am not prepared to form any solid conclusions yet. I also said, however, that even the evidence that supported that view expressed here was actual empirical research, and not just media sound bytes. It should have you posting those studies, not me.

Missileman
09-28-2010, 05:14 PM
You need to read before you type. I said that the empirical research that I had quickly searched for and scanned indicated that teachers' unions have negative effects on productivity and student performance, though I've really not looked at the evidence very thoroughly, and am not prepared to form any solid conclusions yet. I also said, however, that even the evidence that supported that view expressed here was actual empirical research, and not just media sound bytes. It should have you posting those studies, not me.

It might surprise you that quite often, those media sound bites reference the empirical research you're so fond of.

red states rule
09-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Unions across the nation are bankrupting cities and sates all over America

Here is one example

Union chief endorses 'pitiful' bonus deal for Palm Beach County teachers

The head of the union representing more than 12,000 Palm Beach County school teachers blasted a proposed contract between the union and the school district, calling it "pitiful" and an "insult" - then asked his teachers to ratify it anyway.

"The contract I bring forward is a slap in the face and an insult to you," teachers' union President Robert Dow said today in a joint news conference with schools Superintendent Art Johnson. "I ask you to accept this pitiful offer and then fight like hell for the future."

The union and the school district reached the tentative agreement last week. The contract covers only the 2009-10 school year, which ended last month. A new contract has yet to be negotiated for the current school year.

The agreement would not give teachers any raises but would give them a one-time $500 bonus, Johnson said.

"It's not a lot of money," Johnson said. "It's really more symbolic."

The contract would also give teachers in some elementary schools five extra minutes for lunch.

The union had been asking for a 2 percent "step" raise to their base salaries, but Johnson said that would cost about $14 million and was not possible given the crumbled economy and the district's declining revenues. Giving teachers the raises they wanted could have led to layoffs or furloughs, Johnson warned.

Other school districts that have given raises in past years have had to do furloughs and layoffs, while the Palm Beach County school district has been able to keep teachers' jobs intact and outperform other urban school districts in Florida, he said.

"I refuse to be a cynic," Johnson said. "I refuse to look at what can't be done but I will look at what can be done."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/schools/union-chief-endorses-pitiful-bonus-deal-for-palm-878822.html

Sweetchuck
09-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Unions create the biggest obstacle to domestic manufacturing.

Consider that the big 3 have labor costs (especially healthcare) that are near double the import manufacturers paints an simple picture - you can't compete if you can't build a similar product at twice the labor costs.

I was at a seminar today, the speaker suggested that the GM's largest material cost (not the correct terminology though) was healthcare while Nissan's was steel and he's probably right.

Unions killed the steel industry in the US, the next up is the auto industry - that is once BO stops rewarding them with taxpayer money (taxpayers cost, union benefit).

SassyLady
09-28-2010, 11:49 PM
It might surprise you that quite often, those media sound bites reference the empirical research you're so fond of.

:clap::clap::clap:

red states rule
09-29-2010, 03:25 AM
Unions killed the steel industry in the US, the next up is the auto industry - that is once BO stops rewarding them with taxpayer money (taxpayers cost, union benefit).

Isn't that part of the hope and change you voted for?

Sweetchuck
09-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Isn't that part of the hope and change you voted for?

The hope and change I voted for is currently legislating the beautiful state where I live, Arizona.

... dumbass.

Thanks for playing though.

red states rule
09-30-2010, 04:00 AM
The hope and change I voted for is currently legislating the beautiful state where I live, Arizona.

... dumbass.

Thanks for playing though.

You are rather thin skinned these days Sweets.

I am sure John McCain thanks you for your continued support in his never ending desire to reach across the asile and work with the liberals

Sweetchuck
09-30-2010, 10:17 PM
You are rather thin skinned these days Sweets.

I am sure John McCain thanks you for your continued support in his never ending desire to reach across the asile and work with the liberals

You really are as stupid as you come across.

Agnapostate
09-30-2010, 10:34 PM

This is done on occasion, but essentially never in a serious scholarly analysis, as the nature of audio-visual presentation simply imposes constraints that cannot be overcome. The brief few seconds that are devoted to summation of a forthcoming or newly released study's contents are never given to education about methodology, for example. That's why a popular misconception exists among the lay public that "you can prove anything with a study," and that empirical research is simply composed of scholars' biased opinions. I doubt a single person on this forum other than myself could explain the nature of regression analysis, for example. It's a lesson of arrogance taught to me by experience, as an anonymous friend of mine emphasizes so constantly.

Missileman
10-01-2010, 05:26 PM
I doubt a single person on this forum other than myself could explain the nature of regression analysis, for example. It's a lesson of arrogance taught to me by experience, as an anonymous friend of mine emphasizes so constantly.

And yet most of the rest of us who post here have a better grasp of the negative effect the unions have had on our economy and country than you. Perhaps you should focus more on what's actually happening around you and less on the nature of regression analysis...you know, a forest for the trees situation.

Agnapostate
10-02-2010, 12:48 AM
And yet most of the rest of us who post here have a better grasp of the negative effect the unions have had on our economy and country than you. Perhaps you should focus more on what's actually happening around you and less on the nature of regression analysis...you know, a forest for the trees situation.

Um, you just made the point opposite of your intent, which is that people do miss the forest for the trees, rather than the trees for the forest. The idiom is designed to illustrate that focus needs to be on the big picture, rather than on "what's actually happening around you," since that is so relative and varying. Your problem is that you rely on a mental conceptualization of unions being like bands of naughty children that organize against their parents, the upstanding business owners, rather than actual empirical analysis. I'm not trapped in any such primitive mindset. I posted a meta-analysis that indicated that unions increase productivity in the U.S. (and reduce it in the UK), and while I expected to find similar research about teachers' unions, I still posted what I had found even when it indicated that the opposite of my expectations was true. I don't consider you the type of individual that could ever have the intellectual honesty to do something like that. :dunno:

Missileman
10-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Um, you just made the point opposite of your intent, which is that people do miss the forest for the trees, rather than the trees for the forest. The idiom is designed to illustrate that focus needs to be on the big picture, rather than on "what's actually happening around you," since that is so relative and varying. Your problem is that you rely on a mental conceptualization of unions being like bands of naughty children that organize against their parents, the upstanding business owners, rather than actual empirical analysis. I'm not trapped in any such primitive mindset. I posted a meta-analysis that indicated that unions increase productivity in the U.S. (and reduce it in the UK), and while I expected to find similar research about teachers' unions, I still posted what I had found even when it indicated that the opposite of my expectations was true. I don't consider you the type of individual that could ever have the intellectual honesty to do something like that. :dunno:

You really are a relentless strawman builder. Assigning some childish argument to me(that I haven't made) and then shooting it down doesn't make you superior in anyway, it makes YOU intellectually dishonest.

And my point stands as you are being blinded to the forest(what's happening around you) by all your statistics(trees). You don't see that the UAW destroyed GM.

red states rule
10-02-2010, 09:23 AM
You really are as stupid as you come across.

At least I have the balls to hang around here and defend my core beliefs. You tuck your tail between your legs and run away

Much like Bully, and other liberals here who cannot take the direct questions and facts that blow their lame arguments out of the water

Abbey Marie
10-02-2010, 04:39 PM
It's a lesson of arrogance taught to me by...

looking in the mirror

[emphasis added]